Will this be the first year in Oscar's history that the winner of the foreign language category was banned from...

Will this be the first year in Oscar's history that the winner of the foreign language category was banned from entering the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/airports-us-immigration-ban-muslim-countries-trump
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/22/white-house-refuses-release-trump-tax-returns-wikileaks
politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Could any Trump supporters give me some tips on how to stop being a cuck?

The oscars never let Hattie McDaniel get her award. Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people.

No, Toni Erdmann will win.

did based trump like the great beauty?

Stop enjoying letting your your partner have sexual relations with other men

Will the wall stop mexicans from stealing our oscars?

Reminder it's easier to climb a wall than a fence.

is that movie the most obvious winner this year?
>the oscar goes to iranian director WHO COULDN'T BE HERE BECAUSE WE HAVE A FASCIST DICTATOR ON POWER KILL TRUMP!

Can someone give me a quick rundown?

nonwhites blown out

Trump has banned muslims entering america. Airports are barring people from entering america. Including greencards and those with dual citizenship.

guaranteed to win now desu

>trump bans refugees from syria, iran iraq
>director is from iran
>isn't allowed entry into the US

It's that simples

master trolling

why do i feel so good being european, suddenly?

He really doesn't have the authority to do this without congress

Airports have already stopped letting people in.

>Doesn't ban Saudi immigrants
nice

It needs to be challenged, when it is it will probably fall apart. Same with cutting federal funding to cities he doesnt like.

Really makes you think

How long until Trump is impeached?
I actually miss Bush.

1 week in and nothing but stupid bullshit.

JUST

>tfw the protesters were right

Feels bad, man.

You know this wall will take more than 2 terms to build right?

Because you have the light of Allah in your life my friend

Why the fuck is Iran one of the banned countries? They're not Sunni, they're Shia, ISIS isn't going to be sending any terrorists from there.
Let's leave aside how stupid it is to ban countries that so far haven't produced any citizens that have done terror attacks on US soil but not banning Saudi Arabia.

8 years

the supreme court has long ruled the president can only cut funding if the law in question specifically grants the president that power, and only in ways the law describes.

he can't just add his own conditions at will.

>Including greencards and those with dual citizenship.
Holy shit, sauce?

Have you seen any terrorist attacks since the ban was put on?

No?

You're welcome.

>banned muslims entering america
Wrong. You're wrong.

>Trump is actually acting on everything he said he would

He's probably the most honest politician I've ever seen and everybody hates him for it. This is hilarious

Obama set a precedent that Executive Orders have more power than they actually have.

>A state department spokesman confirmed to the Guardian that travellers who have dual nationality between a country on the list and another non-US country, for instance UK-Iraqi or Canadian-Somali citizenship,are barred from entering the US for 90 days.

Thanks Obama!

>sanctuary cities deserve funding for violating federal law

He asked for a sauce

Is that the line now? Obama made them more powerful than ever, because the Obama issued more than any other president in history was proven so false.

That's what I gave him.

That doesn't even make sense, retard.

Yes he's very wrong. We still allow in Muslims from nations that sponsor terrorism, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan

Trump is playing you cucks so hard you won't realize it until you're 50

>tfw too intelligent to like Trump

Polanski won the oscar for The Pianist and couldn't collect it.

By Saturday evening, there were 11 people in detention at New York City’s John F Kennedy airport who had arrived from Iraq and other barred countries, according to two Democratic members of Congress, Jerry Nadler and Nydia Velazquez, who joined protests at the airport.

Pre-approved refugees, students and workers holding visas and residency green cards were barred from flights to the US, according to reports emerging from Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Cairo and other cities across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

As confusion reigned, a spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security confirmed to Reuters that people with green cards, making them legal permanent US residents, were included in the ban.

“It will bar green card holders,” wrote Gillian Christensen, acting DHS spokeswoman, in an email.

Trump’s executive order, signed on Friday in Washington, temporarily banned refugees from around the world, blocked Syrian refugees indefinitely and halted entry for people from seven predominantly Muslim countries: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia.

A state department spokesman confirmed to the Guardian that travellers who have dual nationality between a country on the list and another non-US country, for instance UK-Iraqi or Canadian-Somali citizenship,are barred from entering the US for 90 days. The order provides for giving priority to religious minorities in those Muslim countries; Trump has said the US will in future prioritise Christian refugees.
What you need to know about Trump's immigration ban
Read more

In New York City, two Iraqi refugees were detained at JFK airport. One, Hameed Khalid Darweesh, had worked in Iraq for the US government for 10 years. The other, Haider Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshawi, was coming to the US to join his wife who had worked for a US contractor.

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/airports-us-immigration-ban-muslim-countries-trump

No you didn't

I thought he was just bullshitting like every politician ever. I wish I could take my vote back.

Because he's a child fucker that fled the country. Not really the same

>he hasn't banned all Muslims so you should have supported the guys who would ban no Muslims

The "line" is that Obama, in 8 years, bypassed Congress numerous times using Executive Orders and got round the Republicans majority vetoing. This was seen as poor form in the past, Obama normalised it, and now Trump is abusing that precedent. It's that simple.

Look in to it, retard.

>Saudi Arabia
lol, you really think they are getting a ban?

Yes, I did.

>I voted for somebody because I hoped they were lying!

Yeah you didn't vote for Trump

how is he abusing it?

>>Because he's a child fucker
She was 13 and a half, come on

Israel hates Iran, for once the answer really is the Jews.

No this post did

>most honest politician I've ever seen

>Donald Trump will not release his tax returns even after repeated promises to do so following a supposed audit, one of his senior advisers said on Sunday – confirming that the president will break a 40-year tradition and not show Americans the extent of his financial interests and obligations.

>Speaking to ABC, Conway contradicted polls that show most Americans want to see the returns when she said: “People didn’t care.

>“They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: most Americans … are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like.”

>Last week a Washington Post-ABC poll showed that 74% of Americans, including 53% of Republicans, want to see Trump’s returns. In October a CNN poll found that 73% of registered voters, including 49% of Republicans, wanted to see the tax returns.

>A petition on the White House website that calls for the immediate release of the returns and “all information needed to verify emoluments clause compliance” had 218,465 signatures as of Sunday afternoon.

>The returns could show the breadth of Trump’s financial interests around the world, including where he does business, who his partners are and to whom he owes money.

>Ethics experts fear Trump’s business liabilities could affect White House policy and how the president spends taxpayer dollars – for instance, how he may deal with banks that own hundreds of millions of his debt, treat foreign nations that curry favor or become real estate partners, or reshape domestic policy to accommodate his interests.

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/22/white-house-refuses-release-trump-tax-returns-wikileaks

>jews giving a prize to an evil iranian whose country wants to holocaust every last jewish child in ovens made by hitler in the 40s
Yeah, I dont think so

Normally shit like this would be put to Congress, he's abusing Executive Orders to bypass that.

Maybe "abusing" is the wrong word. He's simply using the tools given to him excessively, in the same way Obama did and was cheered for.

> numerous times

And yet, still used fewer than every other president since Roosevelt.

He said he would divest himself from his businesses. Still hasn't happened and probably never will.
Not to mention not releasing his tax returns.

all real Trump voters now have a smug ass grin across their faces

you obv didn't vote trump

>Systematically putting in place action to do every major bullet point of his elected white papers
>B-b-but Trump's tax returns!

I wonder (((who))) is behind this

not that different if you think

Yeah, I did. I just wanted to piss off the Hillary supporters in my family.

What the hell is going on with Trump? I have been playing video games all this time so I dont know shit. My liberal friend is going ape shit posting on facebook how Trump is banning anyone who is not white from entering America and how he is building ''The Wall of Hate'' or whatever.

>B-but Roosevelt!

Never said he did it more, cuck. Said he used it for shit he had no need to use it for simply to bypass the system in place, leading to Trump using the system in the same way.

Can't even dispute that son.

>a president
>setting a legal precedent
Nigga wtf you talkin bout you white people always actin like obama don fucked everything up nigga there aint no precedent the aclu is gonna challenge the actions in court and the bad ones will get struck down.

>He's probably the most honest politician I've ever seen
You're kidding right? Dude lies about everything. Even easily disproven things like the fucking attendance of his inauguration.

politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

he's doing what he said he'd do, liberals didn't believe him and they're surprised he's not a liar like every other politician

Did Obama ever release his birth certificate?

Literally read the thread moron.

Who cares? Oscars are shit anyways.
There are larger problems in the world.

>Trump rapes a baby live on stage

Sup Forums scum
>Man Trump is so based I love him!

He isn't banning anyone who is "Not white" he's banning a shit load of muslims and refugees. If anybody listened to Trump this is no surprise since he said he repeatedly said he would do this

You did say he made them more powerful than ever, which is just not true. He used them the same way every president in history has, and the way Trump is using them now.

It's just Trump is using them to do awful shit, 7 days into the office.

read the law you moron. Just because Obama got away with it doesn't mean that a precedent exists. I guarantee the ACLU has their best lawyers writing up briefs as we speak to get the immigration ban repealed as soon as possible

>Saudi Arabia is not included in the ban even though they are responsible for most of our troubles

Guess daddy's oil money spoke higher kek

>a shit load of muslims and refugees

lol. How many refugees have reached America? total? It's hardly Germany.

Yes, yes he did even though it was fucking stupid. But even that wasn't enough and Trump demanded that he also release his long-term birth certificate. But that wasn't enough either and Trump insisted it was fake because he had "people" who couldn't "believe what they were finding" so he kept up the birther thing for years, then lied and said he had abandoned it.

Yes.

Why did it take so long?

He is not banning a shit load of muslims and refugees, he's banning those who don't give him oil. Meanwhile the actual terrorist states are unaffected

that's the shame of it. A more deserving director will be snubbed b/c of politics.

It happens all the time in various cats. But it still sucks.

>Trump's administration bombs ISIS stronghold and wounds their leader in the first 24 hours in power
>"Why Trump bombing ISIS is a bad thing" - the Guardian
Wew

He DID make them more powerful than ever by using them on issues that had no reason to be put through on an Executive Order. The media cheers him for this.
>It's just Trump is using them to do awful shit, 7 days into the office.
>awful shit
Do you enjoy terrorism? ISIS?

Yeah, stopping potential terrorists from entering America is absolutely comparable to raping babies.

Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do. Absolutely based.

>he's banning a shit load of muslims and refugees
Nice fucking meme.

He's banning all citizens from countries with known links to terrorism.

because Trump doesn't have business dealings with Iran.

>It doesn't matter if my wife is being raped
>Because you see somewhere in Nigeria someone else's wife is being raped by 6 times as many men and his kids murdered by the local crime lord

Yes he did. And then when liberals complained he disingenuously backtracked. And then when liberals complained that he was being disingenuous and suggested he wanted to ban muslims, hosts on fox news would spend their entire show screaming "HE DOESN'T WANT TO BAN MUSLIMS HE JUST SAID EXTREME VETTING". And that was enough to convince the republican electorate that it wasn't a ban, but just vetting (the US already had a 2 year vetting process for refugees, and Obama even blocked Iraqi refugees himself for a few months when it was reported terrorists were trying to take advantage of the system). Well, now we know "extreme vetting" was code for quasiban

Because he needed time to fake it and make it look as legit as possible.

>potential terrorists
So you view all muslims as potential terrorists? Even those from Iran, a Shia nation?
I bet you're the same kind of person that hates how feminists say that all men in college are potential rapists.

Yes, and Trump kept insisting for years that it was fake and every once in a while even claimed he had a big announcement about how he could prove it. And nothing ever materialized to back his claims, and then he publicly admitted Obama was born American.

so he's banning the CIA from the US?

>He is not banning a shit load of muslims and refugees,

Well yeah he is just not from everywhere

These actions disparage America's reputation, and only sow more seeds for homegrown terrorism.

Was the Orlando shooter a Syrian refugee? Canada has taken in 25,000 and wow, no terrorist attacks there.

Wew you should write that one in to Seth Macfarlene, he'd eat that shit up.

Why do you people still exist? How hard is it to accept that Obama was born in Hawaii? You don't have to accept that he was a good president, you can believe that Barack Obama is the worst president in living memory and still believe he's a US citizen. He's no longer President, stop this stupidity, even Trump has given up on it.