Is she right? Is tourture effective Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MtuVz6pTXGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Torture works but many see it as immoral

Further conversation

If torture wasn't effective the SAS wouldn't have to go through torture themselves during training. Yes, it does work and anyone who says otherwise is a naive fool.

It works for extracting forced confessions, and that's what it was historically used for.

>Tortutred Vietnam POW
>against torture

Who whould have guessed. To answer your question OP, it works. Why else has every nation since the dawn of man employed the practice?

>Torture works
the quantity of false positives renders torture useless, that's the reality.

i think mccain needs to be tortured. these types are against torture because they are scared what they would reveal if they were tortured.

put mccain into a bamboo cage and send him to vietnam

of course it works but muh bleeding hearts can never accept that

It worked on McCain. Not sure where the fuck that traitor gets off saying it doesn't work.

The quantity of missing fingernails renders torture quiet useful, that's the reality.

(((science)))

Want to know what is guaranteed to have results? You capture the terrorists son, and put him in a locked room away from the terrorist. Then you put that on a live feed in front of the terrorist. Then you start cutting bits off of the child, while asking the terrorist questions.
They will literally say everything as long as you dont touch their child.

to cut fingernails? you don't need torture to do that.

Waterboarding got us the intel that Saddam and Al-Qaeda were working together on the 9/11 and Anthrax attacks.
Historically waterboarding used to get intel on which people were witches.
useful depends on your definition of useful.

Torturing someone doesn't work. They're either so convicted of the rightness of their cause that they'd rather die than crack, or they'll admit to anything to get the pain to stop.

The best way to get information from prisoners is to treat them well and befriend them - police officers use these techniques all the time. "I can understand why you did it", "I'm on your side", and so on. And despite how obviously duplicitous it is, it works 90% of the time.

This black man understands.

Right, then once you get the info you torture them anyway, is that what you're saying?

>Is tourture effective Sup Forums?

The North Vietnamese used it to turn McCain, so I would say, yes.

>waterboard some terrorist
>iran did it!
>go to war with Iran
>hand rubbing noises

The USSR proved that finding close relatives and friends of terrorists and killing them one by one and sending the terrorists their remains gets terrorists to stop real fast.

I'll give you a 1/10, that's the best I can do.

McCain was tortured in Vietnam and he sang so loudly the other POW's called him Songbird McCain. He made dozens, if not hundreds, of tapes for the Viet Cong.

McCain knows all too well how effective torture is. I think he wants to put out a moral standard so other countries don't torture our soldiers, but that is fucking naive.

The whole torture deal is a giant meme.

Of course the US and other countries use torture. We had MKULTRA yet we are supposed to believe we don't use torture anymore?

I don't get what they have against torturing people who would behead them at any given opportunity

IF TORTURE DOESN'T WORK THEN WHY THE FUCK WAS HE SUCH A SONGBIRD?

CHECK AND M8 MCCAIN

it sure worked on mccain when he got taken by the vietkong

worked so well they used his confession in anti american propaganda

umm guys... didn't mccain give up american positions to the enemy when he was pow? what did they do to him?

But how much of what he said was complete bullshit and how much was legitimate intel? Just because he 'talked' doesn't mean what he said was of any great use. A person will say anything to get the pain to stop.

i think we should let terrorists fuck our wives. torture is just for meanyheads and racists

>say anything

That's the problem how do you know what statements are true and what's what they think you wanna hear so you stop

>science is irrefutable!
>not race science though lol that's fake science

McCain is a two faced scumbag.

>so other countries don't torture our soldiers, but that is fucking naive
the kind of people we're fighting burn women alive and cut the heads off prepubescent children, they don't give a fuck if we don't torture

Torture is actually shit @ collecting humint.

Everyone who thinks they're going to get accurate intel from pulling fingernails, electrocuting people, waterboarding, etc.. are just justifying their sadism.

We however shouldn't say we don't torture. I want the US to not torture, but the world to think we do. Fear of torture is a more powerful weapon then the torture itself.

He made propaganda broadcasts

Torture is useful for getting people to say what you want them to say.

It's utterly useless for getting actual information though.

please tell us more about your expertise in gathering human intelligence.

>psychology
>hard science

nice meme

It doesn't work, but it does make me feel good that my enemies are in pain hence why we still need it.

by itself, if you're a retard and you don't know what you're doing, yes, torture is useless.

However, when you DO know what you're doing, and you know how to tell the difference between the answer the captive thinks you want to hear and the truth, then its one of the best tools in our aresenal

Are you retarded? Canyou not read?
I said "they will say everything"
Not anything. Over there familly is very important, and if its threatened enough, they will give up their fellow terrorists for the security of their familly.

Man I wish I could torture people for a living. Shit would be fun as hell.

Its just one tool in the toolbox. It works if you know how and when to use it.

Waterboarding is a joke.
>water being poured on your face with a rag on top

Talk to me when they bring out the stretcher

People love to say torture doesn't work, but I bet you 5 minutes of pulling their teeth and finger nails off would change their mind.

Torture works in the field with people that believe they may have a way out by talking. If theyre in prison already they know they have nowhere to go.

McCain was all for torture during the bush/obama years, he is a snake.
Mccain and paul ryan need voted out

"Torture doesnt work" is wishful thinking. Just like girls like nice guys and races are equal.

Torture has worked for thousands of years.

Do you guys read case studies on torture or all you guys talking out your ass about what you *think* torture would be like?

>the kind of people we're fighting
iraqi children?

Trump knows torture doesn't work. He's just intimidating the rest of the world.

Or make shot up so you stop.

I know what you said.

No

McCain was tortured and he gave up information that cost American lives. It works. It's fucked up and it's not right, but it can work. And I've heard it's highly likely that torturers get information that is fake.

Torture is not effective. Especially against mudslimes who believe they'll be rewarded in the afterlife.

>There are litterally people, right now, in this grief moment, in our dimension, in our timeline, right now, exactly in this moment, unironically on this board, who do NOT support torture.

Why keep living?

It works if you're trying to terrorize or demoralize an enemy or populace. It just doesn't work as a form of interrogation.

He was fucked bro, look into it if you are curious at all. When he first ran for pres I had respect for him for serving and all that, then i read up alot of shit on his time as a pow.

i wish

Torture is only effective in certain circumstances. Torturing a known terrorist on where he planted his bomb or who his contacts are, is reasonable and effective. Torturing someone for a confession is Stalinist and deceptive.

Kek, lets say they do make something up. You kill that kid and bring in another one, this time you bring one of his wife. Threathen the fuck out of him and he will say the truth, no matter what.

youtube.com/watch?v=MtuVz6pTXGQ

likely? or unlikely?

The FEAR of torture is effective, so I wouldn't be against making it 100% illegal, and even if it was, I'd deliberately spread rumors around that it could be done.

However, if you are a second away from attaching the car battery clip to their nipple and they haven't pissed themselves and told you everything they know, then they will just lie.

Ever if anything they say is true, they'd lie so much in between that it would be worthless intelligence.

McCain is proof torture works!

But you left out a 3rd option: they give you the actual information. If you think that never happens then youre actually stupid.

1) if you know the person knows something
2) if you have limited time on your hands
Then torture is the best option

Lol this is such a fucking meme. Some (((scientist))) wrote a paper claiming torture doesnt work. McCain and NPR picks it up, and then all of the pseudo intellectuals pat themselves on the back, so proud for having learned something contrary from common sense.

If the terrorist gives false info, you know whats going to happen next? That info will be checked out and verified and if its not accurate he will be tortured even harder. And I'm not talking abiut waterboarding.

This is not the method we have been using. We will do it the right way from now on, don't worry.

suddenly liberals love mccain. hilarious

Seriously. Do people think that the CIA would say that torture works if you asked them? Of course not, they're going to deny it for PR and opsec reasons.

Buncha fags can't even into torture.

I'm not saying it works 100%, but it absolutely works some of the time. That along with revenge against evil fucks is more than enough reason to do it.

Another fucking leaf! Go die.

>Implying she's a liberal with no valid evidence