Genuine question, why are Trump supporters so against educated people, knowledge, and expertise?

Genuine question, why are Trump supporters so against educated people, knowledge, and expertise?

>"The way we got out of the caves and into modern civilisation is through the process of understanding and thinking. Those things were not done by gut instinct. Being an expert does not mean that you are someone with a vested interest in something; it means you spend your life studying something. You’re not necessarily right – but you’re more likely to be right than someone who’s not spent their life studying it."

To me, the quote above seems rational and perhaps irrefutable. Trump supporters, however, seem to believe that anybody is equally qualified to do any job. What is the reason for this disdain for knowledge?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.5vg16cm8t
arxiv.org/find/hep-ph/1/au: Cox_B/0/1/0/all/0/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

An expert's words aren't irrefutable truth, and an expert has his own biases and opinions like every other person.

Knowledge can be held on any side of a debate and sometimes, the truth is not what was written in the books.

>go into debt to get shitty liberal arts degrees
>lol drumpf supporters are so stupid and uneducated
>why are drumpf stupporters so anti-intellectual?
>drumpf supporters are literally caveman tier for not doing as I say

Gee, I wonder why everyone hates smug liberal elitists stuck in their bubbles.

Sure, experts have a background based on knowledge of the literature in their fields, but also from their own experiences and research. Moreover, the quote above highlights what you said about experts' words not being irrefutable truths: "You’re not necessarily right – but you’re more likely to be right than someone who’s not spent their life studying it."

> why are Trump supporters so against educated people, knowledge, and expertise?

because they prove them wrong, triggering the average Sup Forumstard havent you see the daily thread that goes like "DIS LIBKEK IS AGUIN WIF MEE, I NEED HALP Sup Forums HOW CAN I REPLY TO HIM?"

Steam power was invented centuries ago yet it was only when people actually used it that it became widespread.
If you are an intellectual that has only ever produced things within the confines of your own mind then naturally you are a worthless son of a bitch and you should expect to be treated as such.

>straw man
Not an argument.

Why is it so infuriating to you that people have had the chance to get an education and prepare themselves for a role in society, though?

Trump supporters aren't against experts. We're against (((experts))).

Everyone's a fucking expert nowadays

Universities are bubbles, filled with brain washed teenagers that grow into rich suburban hipsters that have no idea how hard the majority have it.

With a lack of progress, the academic establishment has become a circle jerk unrooted in reality.

>Live in UK.
>Work in medical legal.
>Most of the experts called in haven't even read the basic documentation nevermind know that UK law differs from other countries laws.
>Turns out saying you are an expert makes you eligible to provide an expert report on a topic and rake in a few grand.
I wouldn't recommend it though. The first time someone rips your report apart you'll lose more than you ever gained.

Television fame didn't make them less of scientists either.

This is what Trump supporters believe, though. They believe anybody with a Twitter handle is a journalist

>non-economics/non-law arts degrees
>providing students with anything of value to contribute to political discourse

They aren't against education, they are just sick of those people acting like no one matters except them.

Your elitist attitudes have wrought that which is now knocking on your gates... your hubris has tainted you to believing you are that you are gods.

Now hell is at your gates, and you have no idea what to do or why...

I laugh at your ignorance, it will be the only thing remembered of you in the future.

If they did I don't think trump would have one, m8.

Reminder that theoretical physicists are the gender studies majors of natural science and should never be respected or listened to.

the problem isn't experts, it's (((experts))).

For all of their education, so many of them had the gumption and real world intelligence to land star bucks positions. I have a bachelors. Today's college liberal arts programs do not teach you how to think but what to think.

I took note of how you did not say intelligent.

One man's expert is another man's propagandist.

I listen to real experts (hard science, economists) but only about their (narrow) field of expertise.

If a physicist starts talking to me about politics his opinion becomes about as relevant about the guy next to me in the pub.

That's what liberals don't get. "I'm a doctor so let me school you on something else". That's not the way it works.

prepare themselves for a role in society

>expert
>says a bunch of half truths meant to sway an opinion
>other experts are in on the cause and they agree
>now this becomes "truth"
>hurrrr you must believe them!

Because that vast majority of social scientists and a great deal of philosophers are deliberately working against their interests.

Hopefully one day those teenagers will stop being brainwashed, and instead be as enlightened as you. Perhaps the teenagers should have enrolled in Trump U

>particle physicist
>somehow an authority on climate change

Fuck Brian Cux

Hey, it's that guy with the pear shape body and faggy voice.

His programs were always boring and his explanations are garbage. The man wants to be Carl Sagan so bad.

Trump supporters have been trained all their lives to distrust experts because an ignorant populace is an easily led populace.

medium.com/incerto/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577#.5vg16cm8t

Oh fuck off. You know cox is not a real physicist right? He doesn't publish he doesn't even lecture.

>educated people, knowledge, and expertise
because they're in on it too, along with the rest of the elite. they're using their status of authority to try and convince to do such and such but we're not falling for it.

>Why is it so infuriating to you that people have had the chance to get an education and prepare themselves for a role in society, though?
That's fine, but you have to consider who is doing the educating.
All educations are not equal, just because someone got a BA in something liberal arts does not equal a scientist's BS in molecular biology or even a trade school's solid knowledge of welding or electrical work.
People who are experts may be wrong, they may get funding to publish studies that are wrong for an agenda, they may be hire to teach something that is wrong or flawed or pushes a certain social ideal.
People who are not experts may understand things more fundamental than those more "educated" or who understand life as it was taught to them but not as reality actually is. Or they may have a healthy distrust in those who are trying to steer the herd.

Liberals don't have a role. They study useless shit. Some might get lucky and get dead end jobs, most will stay on welfare. Meanwhile, people who studied something useful or learned a skill will be off utilizing it.

No, hopefully we can stop them from being hotbeds for radicalism. There's no no reason people should be rewarded for attending one of these places.

Their intellects don't seem to make them above parroting the same virtue signaling bullshit as the fat, retarded tumblrinas that are very easily outdone in a debate. So even though they are SUPPOSEDLY more intelligent than the rest of us, they still do have an enormous amount of internal bias. Their arrogance, however, is in assuming that their internal bias is always right, and that they, therefore, are unerring in their ways. This is why we hate "intellectuals."

search the term "intellectual yet idiot" it is all you need to know about it.

Why so salty? Are we having a serious discussion or you are just trolling?

>Implying Trump hasn't expertly lead his business, both from the ground up and at moments of struggle that would have crushed 90% of most big and small business owners

>be uneducated person
>know that you only know things that you have experience and knowledge on e.g I know about films, comedy, art etc. but I don't know shit about politics, economy or stuff like that

>be college educated faggot
>think you know everything about everything because of your meme degree - "I have a degree in women's studies so my opinion on immigration politics must be fucking valid"

If everyone emphasized reason and individualism over traditionalism civilization would fall apart.

Infinite monkey cage is fucking based, not that anyone on Sup Forums actually knows who brian cox is

TL;DR

you lost faggots, you lost. move along.

>think you know everything about everything because of your meme degree - "I have a degree".

Even the Ph. D. degree allows you to be an expert in some field. And yet that is mere your opinion which is based on some observable evidence.
That opinion might not be absolute truth.

Just another shill covering up flat earth reality

Intellectuals and Society, read it.

College does not directly equate to enlightenment. If anything most colleges have been turned into a sad mix of indoctrination stations and adult daycare centers. Even doctorates are slowly becoming worthless because every Tyrese, Muhammad and Wang can get one through plagiarism, cheating or being given an asspat for their status as a minority.

this man is a physicist. why is he talking about subjects he is clearly not an expert in, such as history and anthropology?

>So even though they are SUPPOSEDLY more intelligent than the rest of us
Right, it's the same way that the Pulitzer Prize board has people who work for George Soros and the Open Society. They can plaster Pulitzers on the work of organizations they like, of people who will publish their narrative for money and praise.
That does not make those organizations good or their articles true, it makes them appear trustworthy and right, although they are used for pushing a narrative.
People think they are experts in everything in one field and thus so logically superior that they look down on all dissent. People on both sides do it to some extent, just seems so much more prominent and brazen in the left.

Because they think like pic related.

>anti-expert

Nice appeal to authority, faggot.

Brian Cox should take his own advice and stick to banging on about stars and shit.

Stupid people write off experts entirely, or dismiss the words of an educated person because they have a 'bias.'

What people are tired of is ivory tower experts, and experts who make predictions (eg. economists with Brexit) that align more with their personal biases than reality.

Mostly because of the way "experts" carry themselves.
Sudents equate a couple college classes to 40 years of life experience.
They really put on airs of the difference between " the oh so educated elite" vs "those dumb hicks who didnt go to college".
When you make these "I'm not saying I'm smarter and better then you, but I kinda am" arguments...you tend to make people dislike you.

These people act like a college degree gives them a royal pedigree. Being humble would go a long way.

Exactly, I'm sick of leftists thinking they have some kind of monopoly on intelligence and being intellectual. They don't. In fact, for all the talk of being intelligent, educated and understanding they make literally zero effort to listen to any rational explanation about things they disagree with.

Take any issue that's being debated and they'll find the most irrational person who's against their position and act like that's the only argument against them. Good example is transgender stuff, the liberal pretend it's only Christians who are against it for for religious reasons. They won't give the time of day to any rational, secular argument against it.

That always proves to me that they're full of hot air and just want to APPEAR "smart" ... They don't actually use logic and reason when analyzing these issues either, just emotional whims.

That's a good way of putting it too. This whole election has shown us how people will always put their own subjective bias above objective reality. How many "experts" said Trump, a person they obviously didn't like, had to chance of winning?

>They believe anybody with a Twitter handle is a journalist

The fucking liberal media is the one who believes and pushed this shit first.

Technocracies are massive failures. "Experts" wrongly believe they can manage society, cause they studied for 10 years in university. Turns out they can't and we know at least since every saw what a disaster communism was.

Just a fatal conceit.

arxiv.org/find/hep-ph/1/au: Cox_B/0/1/0/all/0/1

They already assume that they're smart and rational, and therefore, what they say and believe follows. It should be the other way around, of course

This may be bait, but I know there are people on here who genuinely believe what you just said to be the truth about "liberals."

That sort of generalization is very, very dangerous. I would wager that a great deal of scientists would fall under liberal ideals, and they are among the "most educated" people on the planet. People who dedicate their lives to learning about the universe and how it works, from the tiniest cells to super clusters of galaxies, can just as easily be liberal as conservative. The truth is that it's probably an even split, maybe leaning liberal, in terms of ideologies of people in STEM. I know liberal arts majors that are Trump supporters and engineers that voted for Clinton. I also know a biology student who doesn't believe in either climate change or evolution, and I know some liberal arts people that would die for Bernie Sanders.

How do you even classify liberals from conservatives? People are allowed to have different ideas that don't fit into one category or the other. Most people would probably consider me liberal, but I'm a huge 2nd amendment advocate.

Stop putting people into boxes and claiming that the people who disagree with you are worthless and therefore should be ignored.

>People who dedicate their lives to learning can just as easily be liberal as conservative
>The truth is that it's probably an even split
Nah

what I get for not looking up any stats before making a claim

I would like to point out that that further refutes claim though

You don't even know what point you're trying to make.
Truthbombed hard.

Are you one of those people who genuinely thinks that people don't live in predictable boxes? People with certain interests and backgrounds think a certain way. The one magical conservative psychologist does not change that.

>Appeals to authority
>Politicizing my name

This so fucking much

It extends to climate change too. A biochemist's opinion on climate change is worth about as much as a welder's.

>I say things on the Internet and they are true because I say so, even if there are no data to support my claims

Sociology though, holy shit

Do you get paid to make these threads?

ITT: unemployed NEETs get butthurt at people with college degrees and futures

No it doesn't, because does not encompass the vast majority of bullshit libtard jobs out there that are genuinely useless

No. Do you get paid for making threads?

I can't say I'm surprised. These people mostly work to perpetuate the problems that keep them employed

>fighting other tribes is how we came to power
Things change coxy m8, thought a learned scholar would understand that.

>the quote above seems rational and perhaps irrefutable

>2017
>using appeals to authority

It's a shit science. Same methodological problems as any social science but none of the rigor of economics.

Also this And their money mostly comes from public sources in one way or another, so of course they will be more of a tendency to be pro-government; which nowadays means liberal.

Do not tell me your life
This is about when burgers debate a scientific theory with feelings,and "personal experience" cos its trigger them.
For example:
>evolution
>bigbang
>heliocentrism
>round earth
>climate change.
If someone debate that shit by playbacking their nearest senator words or le redpill. Its a faggot.
You first step is to learn what the fuck that one nerd is talking about. You need at least some months to do that.
The people call themshelves redpilled like "im out of the stablisment" but they end taking the first explanation that suit their feelings. They dont have the need to know more than that. They got their explanation "oh thats fine", they dont need to think about the implications of that.
And when im saying redpilled im talking about antivaccine faggots too or some types of vegans.

Most of these so-called "experts" are not actually experts in their field. They've been blinded by leftist indoctrination and merely offer an eloquent interpretation of the same liberal talking points while using their "expert" status to quash any contrary information.

Yes, Bill Nye and Black Science Man are intelligent.

No, this does not mean I have to support their political views.

Yes, 97% of scientists agree that Climate Change is an issue,

No, this does not mean I am going to listen to a Psychologist about the dangers of global warming.

Ok, but how does your rambling relate to the comments quoted?

what does this have to do with trump

Nobody is against expertise, faggot.

Appeal to authority is literally not an argument you fucking shill.

It depends on if the so-called expert is working for (((them))).

>someone says trump supporters say what they want about science without opening a book
>another derrail the thread to say that liberals are intelectual posers.

> Genuine question, why are Trump supporters so against educated people, knowledge, and expertise?

Educated consensus that liberalism is merely a meme that is collapsing and is now resorting to twinned dogmatism and tribalism in order to maintain its grips on power. It stems from obsolete 18th century concepts about Enlightenment and the human Soul that God granted that is the basis of fundamental human equality. Science has found no evidence for any of these assertions, and a great amount of evidence towards the contrary.

And that's not even getting into liberal economics.

>They've been blinded by leftist indoctrination

But you are not indoctrinated, you're special, you're enlightened by memes and frog images on Sup Forums, what a truly remarkable intellectual you are

Also I want to hear faggot Brian Cox listen to some law professor on how "particles" work.

Because 'education' is just another way of saying lefty indoctrination. If you need to spend several years as grown ass adult learning about people (Social Studies) then you are a fucking moron.

expertise is a form of propaganda

meanwhile in reality...

Expert are fuckin wankers. Some big time scientist here claimed that our damn in Sydney would be basically empty by about 2010. We built a desalination plant which cost a billion or five. The damn has been very full now for years and the desalination plant sits there unused.

genuine question - why do you generalize people?

>But you are not indoctrinated, you're special, you're enlightened by memes and frog images on Sup Forums, what a truly remarkable intellectual you are

Not an argument

>cave life
>caveman brian has made a lot of improvements to the cave
>waterwheel
>torches on the walls
>he's weird but he can do incredible things

>another tribe finds cave one day
>fuzzy baby brian comes out and starts trying to tell them how good it can be
>chieftain of other tribe smashes his brain in with a club
>brian the inventor's corpse is twitching at the entrance to the cave as the enemy tribe kills all the men and rapes the women

Seriously, the problem arises when experts in one field assume that just because they are experts in that field that their opinion on other subjects matters. Look at celebrities. They are masters at pretending, but think they know everything about politics and policy.

Why do non trump supporters ride the cocks of experts as if they are gods?

They are greedy and vain like every other human. What is the reason for this disdain for common sense?

You as the not expert are gonna take a side based on the person who makes their opinion. Its imposible for your to make an opinion on the topic, cos you need months or years to do that.
So in the majority of cases you are gona end putting your trust in an authority figure.
So in the end the expert is the safest best.
That was cox says, no more.

He doesn't hire people with experience and expertise, he hires only rich, old people