Ban on trumps executive order

Lawyer user here.

they legit cannot do this. it is unconstitutional.

the president of the united states can implement orders which completly bypass the courts - ie, executive orders

also its in the constitution that the president can bar entry to anyone from he country he/she so wishes and for what ever reason

what theyre doing is illegal, im not sure why there doing this or what there plan is

Other urls found in this thread:

definitions.uslegal.com/t/temporary-injunction/
businessinsider.com/r-green-card-holders-included-in-trump-ban-homeland-security-2017-1
fox40.com/2017/01/28/green-card-holders-from-trump-restricted-countries-may-not-be-allowed-into-us/
nytimes.com/2017/01/27/opinion/trumps-immigration-ban-is-illegal.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JUDGES RULING ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WITH VISA"S
>JUDGES RULING ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WITH VISA"S

They need to go too, fuck 'em

>they legit cannot do this
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

You see, we in America, have a system of checks and balances.
The courts can absolutely override the prez on this but I presume you didn't take constitutional law.

Too bad there's already stare decisis for barring entry from certain countries then, huh?

Actually lawyer user here, yes they can. It is called a temporary injunction.

It has to be decided in court as to whether the ban in constitutional or not. It most likely is.

>when you get your law degree in detroit

>It has to be decided in court as to whether the ban in constitutional or not. It most likely is.

how long will this take?

No. I'm actually right on this.

You're retarded. Please figure out what a temporary injunction is: definitions.uslegal.com/t/temporary-injunction/

The ACLU had standing because it represented two detained Iraqis. There was a concrete injury in fact.

which court?

it absolutely is constitutional. this is settled law.

Given that your opening post displayed an elementary-school command of English, my money is on the Detroit lawyer.

next week head line trump suspends judicial branch

>liberal screeching

seriously dude. do you even know what the constitution is?

American lawyer here.

It's true that the prez has this power, well worn precedent. If he ignores the court, it will be clear. Impeachment is likely the sole remedy.

Sweet, then we get Mike "Let The Fag Annihilation Commence" Pence

Trump has plans for every contingency, he will do everything he said he would and serve for 8 years. He is a genius and non can oppose him.

There is no god but Kek and Trump is his prophet!

>liberal screeching

Do you understand how temporary injunctions work and how the issue hasn't been raised yet for a constitutional argument to be made?

im not sure why there doing this or what there plan is

executive virtue signaling

ruling only applies to people stuck in airports, says fuck all about the order going forward

>Aussie lawyer thinking he knows anything about American jurisprudence
Why don't you shut the fuck up you massive cockjuggling faggot?

Post yfw Trump deports the Federal Court.

>temporary injunction
basically buying time till they get thrown out anyway?

All it means is that anyone who currently has a visa or is traveling to the US already is fine. People were stuck in transit once Trump signed the order. These last few people can sneak in before the gates close.

Will be overturned in the supreme court followed by more liberal protests only in the city. Riots will break out its all an effort to force martial law by the left. Their radicals want to spark a civil war and think they will win. They are idiots.

Isnt it funny how they think this has beaten Trump, when every other time has been many steps ahead.

I'm sure he was well aware that this could happen and has plans up his sleeve

Read radical liberal blogs they talk constantly about trying to push the right further right in an effort to further divide america and create violent unrest.

>Lawyer user here.
>Australia

this

>Lawyer user here.
>looks at flag
good try retard.

the supreme court will shut this down.

They actually can't on this very specific subject of immigration restrictions. It's a power explicitly granted to the president alone.

>USA falls into civil war legal battle
>Day 5

"He will not divide us" indeed.

Exactly Trump is a genius with a plan for every contingency. I thought everyone would have learned that from the primaries alone.

United States Code: Title 8: Chapter 12: Subchapter 2: Part 2: ยง 1182

'Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.'

Is it unconstitutional for Trump to ban people that have green cards and/or dual citizenship? Can't find a good answer from google, help me lawyeranon

No one is refuting the aliens part, he can ban newcomers from any country he wants. The issue under contention is the fact that the EO bans people with green cards and dual citizenship from returning to the US as well.

>The issue under contention is the fact that the EO bans people with green cards and dual citizenship from returning to the US as well.
The only ones arguing that it bans green cards and dual citizenship are liberal retards that assumed that it did.

It's been foreigners only since the beginning.

>any class of aliens

Is someone with a green card still "any class of alien"?

businessinsider.com/r-green-card-holders-included-in-trump-ban-homeland-security-2017-1

obama did the exact same thing...he LEGIT can do this.

thats jewish news aka fake news.

fuck off retard.

Can he just stop whoever issues them from giving them out?

It is a fucking pain in the ass that some random federal judge can tie this up in court, during which refugees are being let in. At the very least we now know who the traitors are.

My burger friends please stop our faggot pm is just going to let them in and the lefty cucks will virtue signal more.

Nah. We need an excuse to build another wall during Trump's second term.

>im not sure why there doing this

It's the ACLU, why do you think?

They already have people shilling for donations from libtards who think the ACLU will be the ones to finally stump the Trump.

nah, once they're in your country there is 0% chance of coming into ours.

I don't know, I thought they were citizens?

fox40.com/2017/01/28/green-card-holders-from-trump-restricted-countries-may-not-be-allowed-into-us/

trump outplayed. 1d chesser confirmed.

This is what you get for your incessant shitposting, leaf.

We are going to eradicate you.

>I'm a lawyer
>now listen to my vague point to prove why I'm right and your not

You need to leave.

You doubt his 88th dimensional backgammon?

This is all part of the plan.

>Trump makes EO banning entry from X countries
>Left challenges it
>Trump lets them feel like they got a win while it's tied up in court
>While no one is looking, high on their own supply after their "big win", Trump fills vacant spot on SC with turbo righty
>His order goes to the stacked supreme court and the left is BTFO

>implying this is the first time a president has banned a country from immigrating here

They [ courts ] cannot do this you stupid burger, the president can bar any group from coming into the United States

Not to mention the one executive order not spoken about today gives Bannon a seat at the table on national security. Same playing field as Secretary of State with same clearance without need of confirmation.
Donald's playing chess while everyone else is learning go fish

Will you stop with the kek bullshit?
He's literally a chaos god, he doesn't give two shits about you or me lol

libtards actually think the ACLU has just overthrown trumps immigration ban.

they only enacted a "possible temporary stay on current recent refugees and green card holders already in the country" after the ban when into effect.

trump will overthrow this tonite, possible early tomorrow morning.

Yes basically

no, not in a matter of national security. same goes for australia buddy.

damn straight mate. federal court trying to overthrow constitutional rights of the president.

lol, no fucking way!

No, with a green card they are effectively legal aliens, but not quite citizens, that requires that stupid citizenship test where they give you a certificate at the end.

Green card holders are foreigners.

Is is a time traveler bro

Phase 1:

>Trump baits ACLU, CAIR, and Liberals to sue.
>MSM piles on

Phase 2:

>Trump makes them all look like dunces when it comes to constitutional law

Troll Level: DEMIGOD

>tfw he's playing 20 simultaneous games of 12D intergalactic game of thrones chess

green cards can be overruled due to country of origin.

at any time. in the early 90's green card holders from serbia were forfeited due to conflicts of interest during the kosovo war.

fox news is fake news faggot.

>checks and balances
FBI is run by the executive branch. They can ignore the judges

>a fucking leaf in charge of knowing anything about american jurisprudence

then who is real news

ah, thanks for enlightening me.

I can't wait to bully the Christian minorities that do get to the USA so much that they go on killing sprees

Genuine question: Are people that are abroad at the moment in these countries but are US citizens/visa holders going to be able to come back at all? Or are they SOL?

nytimes.com/2017/01/27/opinion/trumps-immigration-ban-is-illegal.html

>im not sure why there doing this
Virtue signalling overload.

You're aussie, what you think doesn't matter

Trump didn't even pick the countries. Obama did. Trumps just using the law Obama passed 2 yrs ago. Muslim isn't even mentioned in the EO.
Hahahahahahaha

how many potatoes exist in your country in total

lmao the left is fucking itself in the ass with these ridiculous headlines, all that judge did was order the people stuck in airports to leave.

it didnt "stop" the executive order lmao

jajajajajajajajajajajajaja

Whether something is legal or illegal is not an /opinion/.

>/opinion/
fake news, next.

source?

Apparently you missed the last 240 years of jurisprudence.

So the President, who can order the state dept, can't ban people from countries that are threats? That's the big consitutional argument? We can't tell guests no you can't come?

Bwahahaha leftists are in total mental meltdown.

"W-we can't stop anyone from anywhere coming our country???"

That's where you're WRONG kiddo

>legal opinions are not a thing

This. Why do you think he started by banning countries from a list produced by the Obama admin?

LMAO LIBERALS GASLIT THEMSELVES

Yeah, the Supreme Court, not some retarded district judge.

this only affects immigration, it's not a travel ban

daddy's twitter feed is the only reliable source

If you really were a lawyer you would know that the courts are the ones who decide whether or not a law is illegal, not the other way around.

false, it is a travel ban

Source me

I'm getting hard. I love this

OUT OUT OUT OUT!