Why is it the United States' duty to accept refugees?

Why is it the United States' duty to accept refugees?

I'm mostly a /fit/izen that browses tumblr to follow artists so I'm not huge in2 politics, but lately they've had this huge cryfest over banning immigration.
Maybe I'm a cold person, I only really care about myself, my dog, and a few friends, but I wondered what the general consensus here is on denying immigration?
We have a homeless population, surely any resources we can spare should go to them before immigrant refugees, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q=#MuslimBan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why is it the United States' duty to accept refugees?
because the kikes say so, and because good, sane people don't want them expelled or genocided for real for once for some reason

It isn't your duty.

Israeli influence? I know its a meme to blame jews for everything, but it has to be deeper than "THE JEWS WANT IT".
Aware, but it seems to be the position accepted by people against restricting immigration

So the left can garner more uniformed voters to stay in power. If you consider that we already have a portion of the population that is unemployed or homeless it begs the question of "why let more people in". If there was a job surplus and a need for various levels of skilled workers loosening immigration would make sense. That is however not the case. If we want to continue being the greatest country on earth we have to start fixing our in-house problems.

Would you say it's better to restrict even more countries from being able to travel to the US?

E Pluribus Unum. We are a nation of immigrants and every one we consume makes us more powerful than you could ever imagine

Belly is full, waistline is expanding unattractively

I don't play into identity politics so I will loosely say no. We should let people in based on their own merits and abilities. So we should pick and choose who gets to join us.

It isn't our duty. Leftists just think it is because they desperately want to believe that everyone in the world can actually be saved.

We can't save everybody. And we aren't obligated to either.

If you look at it from a strategic point of view, an increase of these migrants into our border has two effects:

-Increases crime, and thus creates the need and community consent for more police, more surveillance, and what comes closer to a police state.

-Increases nonwhite voters, which the Democrats favor because they see it as a means to achieve permanent power. They are copying the policy of the Labor party in the UK, which pandered to Muslim immigrants in order to secure parliamentary seats.

Demographics. White's are barely maintaining their population. Asians and Latinos help in the first/second generation then reproduce like the whites.

Most first world countries are not having enough kids. Germany has a fertility rates of 1.3, for every 2 people in their society. Each woman has on average 1.3 kids. So their population is shrinking.

All modern economies are based on expansion. Look at any earning report and it's all about growth.

Japan is a very xenophobic country. They have a very low fertility rate and very hostile to immigration. Their people also live a long time. So their population is shrinking, they won't let any outsiders in.

Look at their society today. The youth are slaves to the old. There is no hope for them. They will have to work and be taxed so heavily to support the old. Which means they'll have fewer kids. Which is also why so many are considering leaving.

That country is dying. Korea is the same. Koreans will cease to exist in 700 years at their birth rates. Japanese will not exist in 2000 years.

The US is young. We don't have a lot of baggage of thousands of years of history. We are a nation of immigrants. We invented the fucking fortune cookie. We are first world but accepting of immigrants. Every group has to take its turn. The Irish, the Italians, blacks, Chinese, Japanese. Now the Muslims and Mexicans.

Your kids will hate whoever the latest group is and it won't be the Muslims.

Look at fertility rates all over Europe. All these countries need bodies. The Russians have an insane early mortality rate for males because of drugs and alcohol. They're also disappearing.

What makes us strong is our economy and what makes that strong are bodies that buy shit. Those bodies support the oldies. A pyramid is how the age groups should look with the oldest on top. In Japan it's upside down.

>We are a nation of immigrants.

This is incorrect. Before the 1965 Immigration Act we were vast majority white as a nation, and those who immigrated here had to learn our customs and were screened. Immigration was by no means open-door and it required assimilation into our culture.

Now you see people immigrating who are subject to none of these expectations and they bring their country with them.

When that happens the community breaks down, and you see people pandered to by politicians based on race or ethnic background rather than the nation's interests.

So no, we have no duty to continue this practice.

Tumblrs, and other left-leaning websites, saying it's unconstitutional to ban immigration to people of specific nationalities

>t. heartless and privileged

I would.

Immigrants from Europe and Japan / South Korea only.

Fuck bringing them in from any other country. Why do we need Somalians? What the fuck do Somalians do for us?

>Demographic engineering by oligarchs
Zero tariff policy is intended to suppress birth rates in white America, and it works great.

The whole idea of some loss of pleasantville is such a crock. The world was always fucked. We'd watch Wally and the beav on tv and think "golly that life's so perfect, whys my family so fucked" and then go buy a sixer of Milwaukee brew.

California, New York, Texas. Guess what they all have in common? Shit tons of shitskins. Guess what else? They're the most vibrant economies in the nation. Richest too.

Look at the opioid epidemic and tell me whites don't have problems in the whitest of the white states.

Humans are fucked everywhere. One group isn't above the fray. Everyone is an asshole.

Scape goating shitskins is just you trying to make sense of your anger. It's what "they" use to control you. For others it's religion. Others still some stupid fucking ideology. Communism? Fascism? Liberalism? What else can "they" use to divide and conquer?

What does it say that a blue collar white national fascist has more in common with a blue collar shitskin in terms of their daily life and not having enough, dealing with shit school's for their kids, shit prospects for their lives than he does with an orange billionaire that put billionaires everywhere in government. Goldman Sachs just took over the federal government.

The elites have won. You all fell for it.

WE ARE ALL FUCKING KEKS

That phrase referred to the states uniting together. It doesn't mean we have to let in everyone who wants to live here.

You see, we're white, so we have to give all our stuff to people who aren't white or we're mean. It's complicated.

Oh, also click this link.
twitter.com/search?q=#MuslimBan shabbat

Your point would be valid except for the fact that we do almost nothing to help our homeless population despite having quite enough resources to handle it effectively.

>Why is it the United States' duty to accept refugees?
Because ever since the late 19th century, a bunch of people seriously think that America was always "A melting pot" that's supposed to accept poor people from everywhere, and circlejerk over it, even thought America was just a bunch of British colonies that just got pissed off over taxes and made their own country.

America literally didn't even bother with Immigration until the late 19th century, and some how libs will say the mass immigration of the late 1800's was great (Despite immigrants falling on tough times and getting treated like shit, and were mostly all European or Asian), but will claim that the pilgrims of the 17th century were genocidal racist fucks or something. So which is it SJWs? Was America fucked since the beginning because of a couple hundred white families coming to steal indian land and kill them? Or was America made great in the days of Ellis Island where even more Europeans and a couple chinks came over to pretty much water down the dwindling Indian population?