Is it true that China's nukes could only reach the west coast of the USA, or is that just propaganda?

Is it true that China's nukes could only reach the west coast of the USA, or is that just propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/22/missile-failure-off-florida-british-leader-wont-say.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's just propaganda. The nukes would fall apart before reaching American waters.

The only people that know for sure are the Chinese government and probably the US government. They may have a nuclear triad that's not publicly known.

The ones that don't disintegrate mid-air, we will just shoot down

It's just propaganda, since they have SSBNs that could get within range of the entire continental US.

China doesn't have enough power to attack.
If war started it would be a defensive war that would end with China's defeat, but not conquest.

chinese ICBMs can get off the ground but staying in the air long enough to be impactful is a different story

>t. literal rocket scientist

If the can get to orbit then then Cali shouldn't be an issue.

Their "2 (>inch, MASS KEK)" nukes won't do any damage to anything.

if you think a country like chinas nukes cant reach the entire planet twice over then you are retarded

the question is can you shoot them all down before they arrive?

China has a publicly known nuclear triad. They have well documented tests of ICBMs capable of striking 11000km+. They have long range nuclear capable bombers. It has had SSBNs commissioned since the late 80's. It's estimated nuclear arsenal is small compared to Russia and America, and more comparable to the UK and France, but it is a closer peer to Russia and America in terms of its strategic capabilities.

What is not known is if estimates of the size of the Chinese nuclear arsenal is too low. As they have not been subject to the same mutual treaties that the USA and USSR/Russia have, their stockpiles have not been independently verified.

Still, even if they don't have secret stockpiles of nuclear weapons that have not been accounted for, they have a relatively robust second strike capability that is well able to strike the major urban centers of mainland USA and western Russia.

Quiet, HS kids and 24 y.o. with GEDs are talking

i read in a LARP thread that each major city has nuclear shields

i took this offhand thought, and built HRC's scenario. she sells 20% of our uranium to russia, baits them into nuclear war, and banks on nuclear blast shields protecting like 95% of america, so that way the US gov could be all like "SURPRISE WE HAD YOUR BEST INTERESTS IN HEART ALL ALONG" and ultimatley tricking us into wiping out russia.

but when you consider the world is actually flat, and looks LIKE DIS, any nuclear threat of china becomes abysmal. Orthodox Christian Putin would never let china nuke a christian america, especially with trump in office.

Xi Jinping has been calling for global nuclear disarmament. That probably means they know they will not be on the winning side whether their nukes land or not.
>Orthodox Christian Putin would never let china nuke a christian america
topkek. China is also quickly becoming a bastion of Christianity for some reason.

He's virtue signalling and trying to convince the world that China is all about "win-win" memes and China's rise will be peaceful. Every leader that calls for nuclear disarmament knows that the idea is practically impossible. For him to call for global nuclear disarmament, while continuing construction on the so-called "underground Great Wall of China" demonstrates that it's a cynical PR stunt.

Yes. Absolutely.

I have no doubt that China could reach the coasts. Most of the US would be safe though.

You should worry more about sleeper cells in US territory. Think of how many of those Chinese immigrants that have been flooding America in the last decade are actually agents.

To elaborate further, think about what a highschooler with an AR-15 can do to a movie theater with a strong security aparatus.
Now think of what some 50 or 100 Chinese special agents could do with DMRs, light machine guns and assault rifles to a place like the White House or the Pentagon.
They could also shut down power grids.
I've read intelligence reports that say that the New York blackouts were live rehearsals by the Chinese for a potential full scale power grid shut down across the US.

China has most superior technology and weapons and could wipe out USA before they have time to realize

You realize that because the world is round (or shit even it was a flat disc), an ICBM launched from near Beijing would travel roughly the same distance to New York City as it would to San Diego right? Florida would be the safest place as China has not tested an ICBM that has traveled that far, though in principle, there is no reason to expect their DF-31A ICBM could not reach Florida as well.

Distance matters less than America's untested capacity to shoot down ICBMs.

If China nuked California then we'd call their leader and thank him.

>strike urban centers

No one does that unless there's a military target there. It's a war crime.

America had the test results leaked - it's about 60% per ABM excluding new potential techs such as the Boeing sentry, cyber attacks (we've only seen the us government do this on a large scale once on North Korea after it threatened a domestic threat on the US) and potentially something we might not know of.
All in all the US can easily be given an 80-90% chance of interception on a missile per missile basis.
And the US would strike first in this situation (seriously it could ruin China and it has better detection why wouldn't it) - probably destroying most of China's strike power.

LOL WE'VE A DELUSIONAL CHINK HERE, BOYS

> China is also quickly becoming a bastion of Christianity for some reason.

probably because china's government can't harvest christian organs quickly enough.

fuck you. i used the pharase "Booyakasha" in front of a chink at a party and he kept asking me what even though i kept telling him that it was nothing.

you got me all paranoid man.

t. fuck yourself buddy, you ain't shit. Even if most likely technically correct, you're shit, fuck you.

>China has most superior technology and weapons
Source: Command and Conquer.
They will have superior tech perhaps in 5-10 years. But so far it's subpar compared to America's. They're improving fast, though.

Made in China. 3/4 of them won't make it off the ground.

I'm sorry but it is the reality.
There probaly also are North Korean sleeper agents among the "Chinese" immigrants too.
Same principles apply to Canada, South Korea, Japan and anywhere in the world with a significant population of Chinese immigrants.

Why would you need them to go further than that?

I wouldn't be surprised if they fell apart in their silos and the manufacturer didn't honor the "rifetime rarrantee"

>Distance from Beijing to San Diego, California: ~10250km
>Distance from Beijing to NYC, NY: ~11000km
>Distance from Beijing to Washington, DC: ~11150km
>Operation Range of DF-31A ICBM: 11200km+

The Chinese have the operational range to strike every nuclear installation and military base in the mainland USA.

Nuclear strikes in general are a war crime. This for nuclear deterrent, in which case the ability to guarantee mutually-assured destruction is an important component. China has an explicit no first use policy on nuclear weapons anyway, but to deter nuclear strikes against it, it must credibly threaten urban centers as well.

Yeah, but I'm skeptical of the leak because it could have been engineered to strengthen American nuclear deterrence. Still, I hope it's true. China supposedly has a small nuclear arsenal, so if America's defense systems are that capable, then it's possible China would not be able to credibly maintain second strike. Still, the unverified reports of a "underground Great Wall of China" that supposedly houses an unknown number of ICBMs that would be difficult to destroy in a first strike might challenge that.

It's not like chinks can send a rocket to the moon or even into orbit, only americuck can do that rite? :^)

China's got like 500 nukes and it's not as though they're all online. It mostly a deterrent for the us and Russians and also a way to further establish their dominance in the Far East, plus to keep an eye on India and Pakistan.

If they tried to go toe to toe with the US they'd be fucked hard before the US even looks at their second strike capabilities.

I wouldn't be at 60% - that's awful and it came out same time North Korea threatened to take a first strike, it really made American defences look shit compared to official inferences of over 95% succesful interceptions, however those missiles in combination with other American techniques as said do allow America to wipe China's nuclear option off the map - no one can begin to question America would defeat any country in total war

>China's got like 500 nukes and it's not as though they're all online
This. They keep their warheads decomissioned. They are not ready to fire. The warheads must be transported to the place of the missiles (or vice versa, whichever is easier according to ocasion).

If you dont think China has secret technology that ensures devastating and efficient Hbombs delivered undecided than you are willfully ignorant

It's not great, but as America has not disavowed first use, I would imagine that they would immediately move to destroy as much of an opponents nuclear strike capacity as they could, which would drastically reduce the second strike missile load they'd have to defend against.

America could wipe out every Chinese city a few times over with it's nuclear arsenal, no doubt. Still, America would likely lose most of it's major urban centers in retaliation, which would be a shit trade.

Yeah, but obviously if tensions seriously rose between China and the USA, both countries would begin recommissioning their warheads. The whole strategic point of nuclear weapons is so that a nation can achieve it's political and strategic goals while deterring military intervention. It wouldn't make much sense to launch some sort of surprise nuclear annihilation without any posturing or rhetoric.

My point is though realistically I don't know if it would - Chinese lack of preparation, unknown extent of US future technologies, US cyber prowess (very underrated for disrupting chain of command and retaliation strikes), US abms etc and US conventional strikes with nuclear strikes would render China down to a few lucky hits at the US - if it could even do that.
In a US first Strike scenario China might not even land a hit.
In a China first strike scenario say goodbye to the western seaboard (Guaranteed) but also say goodbye to all of China.

You base this on what exactly?

China has been doing big leaps when it comes to manufacturing quality. Especially their missile-systems are nothing to sneer at.

Underestimating the capabilities of your enemy isn't smart, burger.

bit offtopic, but what do you guys think about the Russian RS-28 Sarmat?

New York still exists

I would like to believe that, but I don't really want to find out. Also, people keep talking about the western seaboard but Chinese nukes are not flying over the Pacific. They're flying over the Arctic circle. See Thankfully, China has a stated no first strike policy.

Propaganda. Nobody wants WW3 anyway. Even North Korea knows this which is why their threats are empty

I never looked i to it, but as a kid, my grandfather was a high officer in the Navy...

and I remember him saying something about the rotation of the earth and how certain countries can't hit certain parts of the USA.

Why does Sup Forums constantly underestimate China? Those gooks are smart and shifty.

2bh I think the only way China can execute a successful first strike is if it's a BOOB attack -- no run up to war, no inflamed tensions, no hint of a hint that anythings up until they launch. And successful is a relative term, because a) a lot of their missiles will fail and a lot of the warheads will fail or miss their targets, and b) no more China in a matter of a few hours.

Which doesn't mean they can't do some serious damage or that you can't just write off the lost of a few cities and 10-20M people, but China's not stupid. No matter how bad shit gets, they know engaging in nuclear saber rattling is the equivalent of writing "Dear Cruel World" on the first page of their suicide note.

Russia is the only country where a nuclear exchange represents an existential threat for the U.S.

One thing I think we struggle getting our heads around is the Chinese way of production so few of China's nukes are running on the highest end missile (In NATO everything is cutting edge but fewer in number) and as such they still use lots of very low quality/ low range missile platforms.
This guys correct - Russia has a missile platform great enough in both Number and quality the US can not defeat enough to prevent the end of its existence.
China thankfully if dealt with early enough passively and conventionally will never reach the parity/ supremacy the USSR reached against NATO.
Give it a few decades at this rate however and China I confess will be a very existential threat to NATO.

t. Wang Xi Chong the "Canadian" sleeper

Sup Forums looks at things from a jingoistic and ethnocentric perspective. If America had a splendid first strike capability, it would act very, very differently against Russia and China

Yeah fuck off. Canada sits right on the path that most nuclear ICBMs would travel on their way to the mainland USA. Even if we don't shit, we might eat shit as you fuckers shoot those missiles down or they fuck up of their own accord.

> US cyber prowess
> holy shit china and russia hack the shit of us
pick one

also reminder that us anti-missile system is a joke, thanks to you bong
foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/22/missile-failure-off-florida-british-leader-wont-say.html

DF-41 can strike anywhere on Earth.

China has orbital rockets. So no, bullshit.

of course they reach you dumbass
>they hit Colorado

That's Trident it has a better than 1/150 failure rate at current - Trident is used as a deterrent not generally first strike,
We also don't know how Cyber warfare could go beyond that the US outfunds them and instances such as Iran's reactor program under Bush and N.Korea's energy/ internet infrastructure under Obama give good indicators how capable the US is against countries it's not at war with, let alone what it and it's allies spy networks such as GCHQ could do.

t. Canada chink

I agree that China could eventually become more of a threat, but they have two issues that I can see if they ramp things up dramatically:

1. Southeast Asia unstabilizes at breakneck speed. Do South Korea and Japan petition the U.S. to fly the flag? Do Vietnam do the same with Russia? Does Japan kick the tires on their own nuclear deterrent? (while nuke power isn't popular there now, I bet it's a lot more comforting than the thought of China on an unchecked growth spurt militarily) Does North Korea do something stupid and it draws SK/US to reignite the Korean War, leaving China in a spot where they either have to engage in direct conflict with the US or else witness a unified Korea within the US sphere of influence take hold.

2. Whatever relations are between the US and Russia are at any given time, I'd be shocked if either of them was comfortable with a third nuclear superpower with which they have complicated relationships. If China gets frisky, one of both of them will do something to curtail it. Pray it's done diplomatically.

God, I fucking hope so. Nuke the shit out of the west coast. I don't give a fuck.

SINK
THE
CHINKS