Look Who's Back

I just watched this for the first time tonight and if you haven't already seen it I urge you watch it at your earliest convenience. It is available on Netflix dubbed in several languages, though without English being one of them I recommend you watch it in the original German with subtitles. Furthermore, I recommend you do not do any research on it before watching, as it will spoil the experience. You'll just have to trust me.

For those who have seen it and wish to discuss: I thought it was nothing special until the dog scene. About forty minutes in, I laughed a deep, hearty laugh, the likes of which I have not felt for weeks. The following scene in the car solidified this as a film I am sure not to forget anytime soon.
There are so many parts I could mention (the "shaking hand glasses" homage comes to mind), but the thing I want to focus on is the post-credits finale, and how I truly believe this film was constructed to be viewed, examined, and criticized by exactly two types of people: those who agree with the heart of the piece, and those who dismiss it at its surface. Making a controversial movie about Hitler is the easy part. Making a movie about Hitler in the modern age with the depth and insight Look Who's Back delivers is nothing short of an artistic triumph.
Let me qualify that a love letter to this film is not a love letter to Adolf Hitler; it is a testament to a film that inspires unflinching virtue. Also, I can't believe they made it in Germany.

pol says it's pretty blue pilled

way too many redpills and not enough warcrimes for it be part of the jewish plan

This.

It basically says if you don't like muslins you're literally Hitler

Hitler would not have shot a dog like that.

It was at that point the movie went full retard on liberal propaganda. Dropped. Didn't even finish.

yep hitler loved dogs and animals in general
>was a vegan
>enacted the first animal cruelty laws / animals rights laws
>besides Eva his dogs were his best friends

Didn't he shoot his own dog tho

, that was mercy honestly, what do you think the Russians would have done to Hitler's dog?

It's not an anti -hitler movie per se' - but it definitely implies that you're Hitler if you don't like refugees.

A very pro-refugee movie.

Wouldn't be surprised if OP is protesting at the airport irl right now

probably bred it with some mongrel breeds before torturing it to dishonour his legacy

I don't know, kicked it?
It's not a pretty girl or a German man, why would they bother with the dog?

That movie was not kino at all.

Weird that OP posts about this when Trump puts a refugee ban on Muslims

The movie pretty much say that liberal fucked up the country and deep down in the German heart they know Hitler is right.

They show how shit Germany is now compare to what Hitler could have done.
How is that bluepìll?

These guys get it

Wouldn't be surprised if OP was converting to Islam to show solidarity as we speak

It's purple pill.

How you view it's message depends entirely on your preconceptions.

WTF I'm Hitler now

didn't realize this was made into a movie - i read the book. decent book.

I liked the part where he said nigger

I'm not protesting anything. I'm an American who voted for Trump who thinks the escalating Muslim refugee crisis is a growing problem here and abroad.

I don't think I was "blue-pilled" by this movie, though I agree that I didn't consider the dog part as a slight against him. I found the movie to really engage with the question: "do the people want history to repeat?" It would be cliched if this film said unironically "Hitler did nothing wrong". But calling people who don't like refugees "literally Hitler" is also cliched and I think this film examines that aspect.

It was supposed to but it kind of has the opposite effect because the man playing Hitler is extremely believable and subtly dropping redpills

This is more in line with the point I was trying to make.

Weird I post when it's relevant?

Fuck you

Taught it to speak russian.

this, for the most part.

>dude it's got hitler in it it's totally redpilled

For those who would say this is a blue-pilled movie, you clearly did not get the same feelings I did when I watched it. "When you have rats in the house, you do not get a comedian, you get an exterminator." Though very German, the film made me want to be a better person for the sake of American nationalism.

Oh well if pol says so

>calls this liberal propaganda "redpilled"