Did anyone even read the executive order?

Not only is #MuslimBan ridiculous, but the EO is really straightforward, and only a small % of it's sections even mentions stopping immigration. And for those asking "muh saudi arabia?", Trump didn't pick and choose what countries to include in the list, he just went by a previous list approved by congress.
Full-text: pastebin.com/zZmvTLNY

And how the fuck is banning people from 7 countries bad when Trump does it, but Obama doing the same to iraqis in 2011 is OK, Carter to iranians in the 80s is OK and demcrats in 2002 being in favor of the same thing is OK?

>JUST 14 YEARS AGO, DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED CUTTING OFF VISAS FROM DANGEROUS COUNTRIES
conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/just-14-years-ago-democrats-supported-cutting-off-visas-from-dangerous-countries#pq=Pr5g8g

>The Obama Administration Stopped Processing Iraq Refugee Requests For 6 Months In 2011
thefederalist.com/2015/11/18/the-obama-administration-stopped-processing-iraq-refugee-requests-for-6-months-in-2011/

>Sanctions Against Iran Remarks Announcing U.S. Actions.
presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=33233

More about legality of said ban
>Trump’s Exclusion of Aliens from Specific Countries Is Legal
nationalreview.com/article/444371/donald-trump-executive-order-ban-entry-seven-muslim-majority-countries-legal

Data putting Trump's new refugee policy in perspective
>Trump’s Executive Order on Refugees — Separating Fact from Hysteria
nationalreview.com/article/444370/donald-trump-refugee-executive-order-no-muslim-ban-separating-fact-hysteria

Non-histerycal, meaningful criticism:
nationalreview.com/corner/444372/trumps-executive-order-covers-green-cards-why
nationalreview.com/article/444373/donald-trump-refugees-critics-wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/politics/refugee-muslim-executive-order-trump.html
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1187]
twitter.com/benshapiro/status/825575410637221888
dailywire.com/news/12895/8-things-you-need-know-about-trumps-executive-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro
dailywire.com/news/12897/courts-block-trumps-refugee-immigration-executive-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro
twitter.com/benshapiro
sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/
timesofisrael.com/israel-us-at-odds-over-visa-waiver-program/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>And how the fuck is banning people from 7 countries bad when Trump does it
>but Obama doing the same to iraqis in 2011 is OK
Simple
(((them)))

as expected

The continued anti-Trump hysterics is so fucking oldhat and pathetic. Anyone who's engaged in it is eternally irredeemable and off my "intelligent people" list.

International media is even worse, because they repeat the same hysterical shit CNN and other FakeNews sites publish, but people in other countries don't have access to the facts afterwards so they don't even realize when fake news was fake like americans do, and why the narrative was dropped.

When Trump criticized Meryl Streep as a "hillary lover" br media said he called her "Hillary's lover/mistress" in the most shameless fake-newsy way

So we're NOT banning all Muslims? Fuck Trump, he lied to me.

No, it's a retarded hashtag to keep the muh hitler meme going.

Not yet.

>Saudis behind 9/11
>Saudis behind ISIS

>Iran actively fighting ISIS on the ground

Wew lad

Because Trump's executive order banned permanent residents of the US just because they were Iraqi.

Anyone find where it says those 7 specific countries? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

>permanent residents
are not citizens. resident != citizen.

and he didn't permanently ban them. its a temporary, iirc, 90 day halt for review of the vetting process. something he stated during the campaign.

His order doesn't mention permanent residents at all. Apparently Bannon&Miller were too retarded to coordinate it's implementation.

Also BTW for everyone:

THE LAW LETS GOVERNMENT AGENTS GRANT VISAS IT DEEMS GOOD TO GIVE BASED ON THE NATIONAL INTEREST OF THE USA, IT'S NOT EVEN A FULL-BAN.

So they can just open an exception for american collaborators, kurds, christians, spies, etc

The whole document focuses on improving vetting, transparency, collaborating with world governments to get better info and background checks and so on. The ban is a small part of it and only temporary (everyone ignores this also). It doesn't even mention green card holders explicitly, so Trump could just give orders for federal employees to ignore them if he wanted (either if he fucked up writing/coordinating it, which he did according to other articles, or to save face after finding out this shit might end up in the SCOTUS and fuck the entire ban)

bump, spread the news that muslim ban is fake news, happened before so the SHOCK! and OUTRAGE! is hypocritical as fuck, and that criticisms like "muh saudis" and "muh hotel courses in non-banned countries" are proof of not even reading the fucking text

The media is just going to make mountain over mole hills for the next four years. They'll make the left so desperate that they will deep throat the corporate cock when the Democrats pick the most corrupt person in history to reverse Trump's plans.

so what you're saying is either way this is going to make trump look bad? either he lost in court or fucked up? obama fucked up a lot but he had a media that jerked off to the sight of his pants. trump doesn't sadly so this can continue to be blown out of proportion.

democrats literally had an event titled "How to talk to real people" this week, they're off the deep end

By what I read on the actual order, he nowhere even mentions green cards, and the person I saw talking about it was some "DHS official", either trying to sabotage him or following orders. Either way he either fires someone or finds a way to defend applying it to green card holders or potentially gets a ruling on the SCOTUS against the EO

Except for the "greencard-holders being banned" part I see nothing wrong with the order, and the media looks even more hypocritical for being so "OMG literally hitler" about Trump's order while ignoring the ones I linked in OP that were the same.

Like when they criticize his defense of the wall but not Bill Clinton's border fence or don't mention how it's already the fucking law to build a barrier, or how parts of the south already have a wall (not built by Trump).

The greencards part will be an embarrasment for him tho, either he reverses it fast or he'll probably need Sessions' help

nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/politics/refugee-muslim-executive-order-trump.html

The 7 countries are not listed specifically.

Rather, they are listed by reference to a portion of U.S. immigration law [8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12) - law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1187]

That portion of the U.S. immigration law specifies Iraq and Syria, and other countries designated by another federal law restricting the export of technology to countries designated as state sponsors of terrorism, and other "countries or areas of concern" designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Those other countries being Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen.

So it's not as if Trump individually selected these countries. They had all been designated by prior laws and/or the decisions of other government officials.

As I said in OP and this guy explains , it's based on a previous law. The countries were picked by congress as shit countries whose people/people who went there should find it harder to go to the US

why would the scotus vote against it though? the constitution gives him power to do exactly what he just did.

also where there not other periods in time where presidents banned green cards? i mean whats the point of green cards then if you have to treat them the same as citizens?

i don't get it. we can round up japanese and send them to camps but can't bar green card holders?

Recent decisions were basically turning permanent residents into 2nd class, voteless citizens and they have ruled they have a right to due proccess and so can't just be banned without a trial and stuff.

I dunno if they did. Banning green cards is one thing, banning people who were alredy vetted and already have green cards is another. Some rulings said they have due proccess rights so even if you want to remove their green cards, you can't do it arbitrarily

AFAIK, no lawyer here

>a list approved by congress

And OF COURSE the fucking Saudis aren't on it, despite being implicated for funding ISIS and Al Queda. Of fucking course.

I think this might happen too guys
twitter.com/benshapiro/status/825575410637221888

Is killer Miller gonna get fired or some low level bozo?

Some people are saying it might be Bannon. Seems like DHS made the call to not ban people with green cards but he overruled them.

Stupid faggot is fucking Trump up with shit like this

As much as pol might hate it, Ben Fucking Shapiro nails it here

Policy is great
dailywire.com/news/12895/8-things-you-need-know-about-trumps-executive-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

Implementation was shit
dailywire.com/news/12897/courts-block-trumps-refugee-immigration-executive-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

twitter.com/benshapiro

pfft. Trump is going to let this play out and then blast the media for being retards tomorrow.

He didn't even do anything remotely wrong, this is nonsense virtue signaling. ACLU once again makes out looking like the good guys, while the media plays reels of them celebrating, no retraction will be published when they get BTFO.

ben shapiro had to resort to criticizing trump because he "waffled" on his "promise" to move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem.

it hadn't even been 5 days before he was saying how easy a decision this was and that because they didn't immediately do it, trump is a liar.

Shapiro is a kike and should not be taken seriously as a commentator on trump. He overplays his hand at every opportunity to criticize Trump, he wants more than anything to be vindicated instead of pushing bed sheets on youtube.

The ban in general is great, is in the green card holders part that I think he dun goofed, and they certainly implemented it in haste and without proper coordination, cause people had no idea what to do in different airports and different people did different stuff.

Now it'll look like he fucked up if he changes part of it (weakness) or the whole good policy might be tarred in the eyes of libcucks (maybe some judge can ban everything for a while? Dunno if this is possible in burguerland) and normies who take their info from the MSM and won't even read the EO.

Except he is playing 5D chess again like some people on twitter said, to get the media to pay attention on something else while approving other stuff (apparently bannon will be in the National Security Council instead of the chief of the joint chief of staff, which is some crazy ass shit)

mostly he has been focusing on criticizing tariffs and shit. Gave him a B+ for his first week and said he did more good than bad. Some criticism comes off retarded sometimes desu, but this one I think is legit

money for j̶a̶m̶ oil

Not all of those are filled with ISIS, dipshit

actually read the OP ausfag, he didn't choose what countries are banned, it's based on a previous law passed by congress, holy shit

they filled with money, however, forever-anonymous nonentity

this also completely ignores a fuckload of non-banned countries like Tunisia, Morocco, the istans etc

I know this is bait and an Aussie shitpost but I just want to point out that "US citizens killed" should have a "yes" for any country with a strong ISIS presence.

Congrats on all of your (You)s

>all nations excluded harbour his business interests, despite being mud terror meccas
>(((coincidentally)))

burger (((democracy))) also completely ignores rhyme, reason or rationale

>muh "ISIS" meme

i preferred "WMD's", "incubator babies" and "baby Aylan" swinging me from my tail, myself...

well if you're implying Obama is a shareholder of Trump's Hotels and wanted to have $$, than sure keep believing this.

And no, all nations excluded don't have interests, you picked less than half of all non-banned muslim nations

I was wondering what angle the ACLU was using for a class action.

They haven't met any of the requirements for a class action. It's just two dudes.

Further, there is a mootness issue on this case at this point. There's no concrete injury in fact because the guys were released.

ok im sorry this is all fucked for me.

Did he or did he not just deported people with dual CITIZENSHIP. No memes i need an answer.

fake news

Because it's only OK when they do it.

No. Only saw reports of people with dual citizen (NOT american one) being denied entry, as in someone who is German + Iranian, etc.

The EO mentions nothing about american citizens or even green cards. At most Bannon and Miller ,two non-lawyers, fucekd up the implementation of the law.

The law is perfectly fine, even fucking Shapiro liked it. The implementation sucked due to mixed signals by the administration over how to deal with green-card holders (do nothing, also banned, just vetted more when they get to the airports, etc).

The 5D chess also implicated Obama as a co-creator of the ban.

sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

alternative 'tards

>109755301
exactly, spread this shit user

same thing i said but from a libtard perspective so it'll have more impact

Based brazil.

If you want to be taken seriously, I wouldn't post that picture again.

seems like a shitposting aussie

POSSIBLE HAPPENING?

That fountain pen is a Cross. An old American pen company that has most of their stuff made elsewhere (China) these days. They're junk. Pots should start signing shit with an AMERICAN made fountain pen. There are so many new American companies making them in the USA now that haven't sold out and cucked themselves like the once great Sheaffer, Cross and the dearly lamented Parker (how the mighty fallen).

Not an American, but they should get on this.

See but these are facts. Liberals don't believe in facts they rather run on knee-jerk reactions and emotions. Its easier in their minds to protest something they don't understand than to do a couple minutes of research.

even on threads where I posted the facts cucks are still posting shit up, ffs

Obama also had a defacto ban on Israeli visas too even refusing to allow Israelis to disembark on US soil so they were rerouted to Canada timesofisrael.com/israel-us-at-odds-over-visa-waiver-program/

Not to mention nobody gives a shit that every other MidEast country will not allow you entrance if you have an Israeli stamp on your passport regardless of what country you are from.