Best philosophers

Where does Sup Forums think i should get started learning about philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

start with the Greeks

the greeks, you start with them

Aquinas

Foucault

This man

Anyone from Sup Forums who shitposts about Nietzsche doesn't understand his work

To be fair, Nietzsche is interesting at least

youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

David Stove, a true strayan and a great philosopher, half of his essays were bantz and shitposting

Diogenes

C.S Lewis

Read Bertrand Russell's History of Western Philosophy and you'll have a good foundation of it all.

Learn logic first, proper formal logic, not informal logic.

karl marx, noam chomsky, and hitler

Donald "Bogdanov" Trump

No one philosopher. Read 'Looking At Philosophy: The Unbearable Heaviness of Philosophy Made Lighter ' by Donald Palmer and decide from there.

Albert Camus so you can kill yourself faster

Molymeme is all you'll ever need.

Based doggo man

Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, of course.

What's with the pop culture Hollywood movie clip? I don't give a fuck for pop culture, or box office movies.

schopenhauer

>I am a superior intellect and your "popular culture" does not appeal to sophisticates of my caliber

Thales

Memyneux

Aristotle

Kierkegaard or Descartes

Whatever floats your boat. I don't give a fuck for forced memes and projection either.

Start with the Greeks.

Conan the Barbarian is basically a Nietzschean Ubermensch, and was intentionally written as one. It was intended to illustrate my post

Autism filter off

Gotta start with the greeks, but with pic related instead.

epictetus the enchiridion

Empiricism and German idealism are both trash

I've got that one saved too, I forgot which was the superior one though.

Redpill me on them.

>Conan the Barbarian is basically a Nietzschean Ubermensch
Hahahaaahaha

Adorno, Habermas, Kant, Lukács and Weber (though he's more of a sociologist).

yourself, my young obi1

Give us your interpretation of Nietzsche then.

Nice try /leftypol/

Fugg, I'd love to debate this but I know I'll get dragged into a debate that I won't have enough time to finish, so just imagine that I didn't make that post.

PLATO YOU FOOLS

I have not had the time to read into Empiricism and German idealism. I just want a TL;DR, don't bother replying to any other posts about.

>Sees Adorno
>Doesn't realize most of /leftypol/ rejects Adorno
>Adorno hated hippies, hated jazz, hated 'activism', actually defended modernist taste in art, music and aesthetics

Plz read more, unless you think your brain is so feeble that you might get tricked by words on a page.

I've seen this angle played time and time again. At the end of the day, he was a kike, a Marxist and a promoter of postmodern critical theory.

On the very basic level, Empiricism is self-refuting because it can't be empirically proven, thus requiring the acceptance of certain non-empirical philosophical assumptions at its base.

Idealism is basically an irrational philosophy for similar reasons (but which can't really be summarised easily). Realism is the superior philosophy

>postmodern
Adorno is the opposite of postmodern, given that he is a modernist.

It's clear that you've never read him, so I'm just going to assume that you're actually admitting that you're afraid to read anything written by a Jew, or by a self-proclaimed Marxist, lest it corrupt your impressionable brain.

Thanks based leaf. Make sure to check 'em.

>modernist
It's just as shit.

Out of all the philosophers you could of named, you went with the ones from the Frankfurt School. Kys.

Trips of Christ. Good sign

>unironically liking Frankfurt school shit
Why are you even on Sup Forums?

TLDR

>Start with the Milesian School, books recomendation: "Diogenes Laertio Life of Emminent Philolosofers"
>Move to Plato, books: The Banquet, The Republic at least
>Then Aristotle, books: Nichomacheian Ethics, Metaphysics, Der Anima, Politics
>Read commentators about Skeptiscism and Epicureanism
>Read about Patristic philosophy, an internet search is enough.
>Read St. Augustine's De Libero Arbitrio
>Read Boethiu's De Consolatione Chilosophiae
>Read Aquina's Essence and Existence
>Read Maquiavelli's The Prince
>Read Descartes Discourse on the Method
>Now you can walk by yourself
>Study aristotle's organon and read about logics in general
>don't forget to read kant's Metaphysic Der Sitten, not very popular as his early works but very interesting.
>study epistemology and metaphysics alot, it's the very foundation of knowledge and science.
>Don't fall for the TRANSLATION JEW, Learn the languages of the books you are reading, study the concepts, some concepts cannot be fully translated you have to LEARN them.
>latin and greek are easy as fuck, german is just easy.

Correction -you didn't name them, but you are defending them.