So I finally have some extra money to finance my expression of my 2nd amendment right...

So I finally have some extra money to finance my expression of my 2nd amendment right. And I'm looking forward to exercising it should things keep up. What should I buy? My budget is 1500.

Other urls found in this thread:

gunprime.com/product/smith-wesson-mp15-sport-2-ar-15-556-nato-16-30rd-black/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buy pic related, duh.

You will honestly get better advice on

Your first choice should be AR, if not that then AK, if not that then FAL or G3. Other rifles should be saved for third or fourth guns. The left over money should buy an optic and ammo.

What about shotguns? Handguns? Any particular makes?

>needing a gun in 2017
Kek, violent subhuman...

Glock or smith and wesson m&p. Go off of prederence. I prefer a handgun for mobile protection. You don't want them to see you coming

m1a scout squad w/ walnut stock. your welcome

Fuck *preference

What are you looking for? A shotgun, handgun, AR? Give us more details, my friend.

This is what you should buy. Within your budget too. All are insertable. You're welcome. :)

>buying a rifle

yea, im all for second amendment, but if its your first gun, I don't think you plan on using it much. A pistol with CC, or a shotgun above the bed. Both of which are cheaper to buy, maintain and fire.

I'd get a shotgun.

Not some cheap plastic shit that fires miniature ammunition.
Anyway, this thould be a thread.

Your better off asking /k/ommandos such as myself in our designated section of this website, but on a 1500 dollar budget I would recommend you get a nice Colt or FN AR15 and use your remaining couple of hundred to buy a few thousand rounds of ammo

Aks will be cheap if trump lifts the sanctions on Russia

if you need a battle rifle to kill a man, you're not a very good shot

you could build 2 budget ARs for 500 each.

This is true.

I am super excited to get some authentic Soviet AK's

You can kill a man with a ballpoint pen, hell, even with your bare hands. You don't need to get the 2nd amendment involved at all.

or just go get a 300 dollar shotgun for some home defense.

Shotguns are dirt cheap and the cheapest Stevens 320 is just as mechanically basic and reliable at $189 as a nicer $300 Remington or Mossberg, so don't splurge on a shotgun. As far as handguns for a $1500 budget, I'd say get an FN Five Seven pistol that shoots miniature rifle rounds and holds 20 in the magazine. That or a shiny 6" barreled .357 Smith and Wesson 686 for ~$800, and you could use the extra money for ammo or a stupid basic dead nuts reliable Glock

i think you missed the point Muhammad

no you did faggot

What model exactly would you recommend?

A handgun. Something for mobile protection. Going to get a conceal carry.

Avoid the smith & wesson m&p like the plague, Glock is okay for starters but you could certainly do better with a $1500 budget. If you get a handgun consider getting a 9mm. 9mm is cheap and is the most widely produced cartridge in the world and is a generally all around excellent bullet fit for a variety of tasks. Consider a gun made by Heckler and Koch or a high end 1911 in 45ACP, maybe Les Bear, STI or Wilson Combat

In that case consider getting a Glock 43 in 9mm. Or you could get one of the aforementioned 1911 style pistols if weight is not a concern

I'd like to try to be under budget but not at the cost of quality. If possible I'd like to get a quality handgun and a cheap but reliable shotgun. And a bunch of ammo.
Sup Forums is delivering way better then /k/ has

.... anyway, you shouldn't ask Sup Forums. Go to a gun store that has a shooting gallery so that maybe you can try out a few of the options. Ask them how much of the $1500 you need to set aside for training ammo, carry permit fees, maybe mandatory classes for that. Deduct all that an then they can tell you what you can get for the rest.

>carry a heavier rifle with heavier rounds
>slower projectile
>still cant penetrate body armor despite having twice the power

whats the point? do you think .308 is going to stop a tank? No. There's no need for such a big round outside of hunting. 5.56 is faster and just as lethal

Why the hate for m&p?

buy a ar15 or ak47 with some decent irons. get 6 mags and a chest rig.

Remington 870 or mossberg 500 in 20 or 12 gauge. handle both of them decide what one you like there both good. i like were the slide release is on the 870 so that's my preference.

pistol i would recommend a glock or revolver. the way my state does pistol permits i feel is unconstitutional so i don't get one and don't have experience with them.

this will all depend what you want to do with said rifle as shooting to 1k yards is different than defending against dindus.

Get something in 9mm. .45 is a meme round. I would go with Smith and Wesson MP Shield. It's like $400 and one of the most reliable CC handguns you can get.

I fell for the 1911 .45 meme a few years ago and regret it every day of my life.

Literally because they're shills.

I was going to go do that. But I know a few people who've gotten fucked over when buying guns with no clue. Buying unnecessary shit, shitty guns etc. and Sup Forums and Kek has never let me down.

Under Budget? Like I said, Glock 43 is fine, it has a 1" slim profile and is very lightweight, with 7 rounds of Federal HST loaded you could stop anything in its tracks if you shoot it center mass. Glocks are excellent guns, dead simple, adopted by many of the world's militarized and most of its police forces, and they have great customer service and warranties if anything should go wrong, which is unlikely since they're nigh u breakable. As for shotguns I recommend an 18" barreled Remington 870 or Mossberg 500, leaning a bit towards Mossberg though since QC at Rem has gone to shit these last few years. Those two guns should run you $800 at the most. The rest I'd spend on ammunition for range time and training

>needing permits and mandatory training

gunprime.com/product/smith-wesson-mp15-sport-2-ar-15-556-nato-16-30rd-black/

i'd never let you down user

get a hipoint

>permit fees
>mandatory classes

Spongy shit triggers and worse trigger resets. Sorry but if you need to buy an apex kit to improve your factory gun, you went wrong down the line somewhere.

high points are really not bad guns.
and they have the best warrenty ever

Get a glock in 9mm and spend the rest on ammo for training. A shotgun (12g) would be a better choice for home defense however.

Idk about that. All I need is a conceal carry permit.

I'm not too worried about home defense. This is more of a with me when I'm away from the house. My roommate has a 12g and I plan on getting a cheap shotgun as well for myself.

Depends on where you live
If i were you i would buy a Steyr AUG those things are fun as fuck or a .357 long barrel magnum

Plus they make for excellent boat anchors or masonry bricks

Like I said, I recommend a Glock 43. Don't get a Smith Shield they suck. If you would rather have a revolver get a Smith and Wesson 642 or a Ruger LCR (in .357). You can't go wrong with these

Like I said, I recommend a Glock 43. Don't get a Smith Shield they suck. If you would rather have a revolver get a Smith and Wesson 642 or a Ruger LCR (in .357). You can't go wrong with these

Ah. Just get a glock then. Well, handle a few different brands and choose one that fits your hand the best. Most companies produce great handguns. Stay away from Taurus though..

what state you in op?

Sig p320 breh

The new M&P 2.0 has a much better trigger than the original. Very aggressive grip texture too. I don't know if they fixed the 9mm barrel issue though, a lot of people had mechanical accuracy issues from the original 9mm M&P.

go for the IMI Desert Eagle, it wont do you wrong

Home defense? Get a cheap shotgun
Carrying? Handgun.
Fun? Bolt action.

From "Personal Firearm Defense", bonus segment what gun to choose. Basically what the coach explained was
- guns on the right are impractical to carry around
- guns on the left are professional, but may be too complicated to operate under stress (single action for example)
- guns on the bottom are easy to carry, but may have too small a calibre
- guns on top are perfect for self defense and coache's own personal choice to carry
- but then again cylinders may be too wide to carry comfortably, so there's striker fired double action only guns in the middle that are also an option.

>le glock shill

Ok, if you don't get a Shield, look into the Springfield XDs. In all honesty, Glocks aren't bad. But consider something that's not a glock too.

Ah. Just get a glock then. Well, handle a few different brands and choose one that fits your hand the best. Most companies produce great handguns. Stay away from Taurus though..

Colt LE 6920.

Accept no substitutes, widely agreed to be one of the best AR-15s on the market.

No bullshit, a great rifle.

Mossberg 500 12ga shotgun. Comes in either a 20" barrel (7+1 shots) or an 18" (5+1). Then get a windham weaponry src (ar15) Take the $400 leftover and buy ammo

You're welcome

A trijicon ACOG and a gen 3 PMAG.

You can always get a rifle later.

/k/ here

Use this and buy whatever strikes your fancy

It's not "great" stop trying to justify your mediocre and overpriced rifle. I've owned one, btw.

Also, consider an SBR. If Trump gets rid of the cuck regulations, that would be awesome. The .556 round was designed to break up in hard bodies of material (walls/flesh) so you won't have to worry about killing your neighbor/children.

SBRs are the best home/car defense gun.

i know you meant this as a joke, but they make the deagle in smaller calibers, it looks pretty neat

any objections on the M1A Scout?

build a PSA AR. you can find kits on their site and a receiver. for about $500-700 they offer pretty damn good quality for the price with CHF barrels. then get a glock 19 for around $450-500. spend the rest on ammo, mags and some minor cleaning suplys.

personally i would choose a ptr 91 over the m14
its cheaper you can get one with rails and the surplus g3 mags are like 5 bucks a piece.

I'M LITERALLY SHAKING
From jealousy lel

Shittest battle rifle. A PTR or DSA FAL would be better and cost less.

What a fantastic picture! Who put this info graph together?

This is some pretty shit tier advice and weapon selection. Probably meant for entry level /k/ommandos.

should i buy this to wear as a coat to college and shit or would it make me look like an autist?

riflet

A 30.06 with a scope and a superior 10mm pistol.
(only a 44 mag has more power)

LOL.

Maybe it was meant as a "what can I get for under $500" advice.

Ruger AR-556. Got mine for like $700 including the tax (It was on sale tho). Use the rest of the money to get a decent pump shotgun or buy accessories for the AR.

Holy shit thats a huge budget.

If it's your first gun, find a cheap surplus rifle. Can't go wrong

>shit tier advice
did not see the Lyman 54cal

Or if you are the stealthy type, you can get fancy and buy a good bolt action rifle and spend whatever you have left on a good scope.

Go to a gunshow. The selection is unbeatable and you can get a feel for lots of diffrent types of firearms. With $1500 you could get multiple guns or a really good one with a few extras. I not to into shotguns but if you're looking at a rifles SKS's are decently cheap ($300-$500) and ammo isn't expensive either. You could get a Mosin Nagant for around $200 sure "meme gun" but that is cheap, it is reliable (though the bolt can be tricky sometimes), and it too shoots good inexspencive ammo. If you buy the parts and assemble it yourself you can build a decent AR-15, I built mine for around $600.

S&w mp15 Sport II and a nice set of magpul moe furniture in your preferred color. Congrats you now have a 100% american made ar that will ride you through the Apocalypse for well under your budget

Glock 19 and a Mossberg 500.