Still livingwith your parents into your 30's the new norm?

Fuck no, I moved out before I hit 19. Who the fuck lives with their parents after they can legally move out?

Europe and USA are very different when it comes to availability of affordable housing. Rents cost more than mortgages here, who wants to be a rent slave their whole life?

This. I'd rather stay at home while I save for a deposit to buy a place than pay some cunt rent year on year. Also handy tip for shagging birds, tell them your place is being decorated/renovated so you're temporarily back home. If things progress towards a LTR say the landlord fucked you over so you're stuck at home for a while. Never fails.

Lmao I thought I was the only one that did this.

Another tip is after telling them the latter part, they'll feel incentive and sometimes get excited at the idea of splitting a new place with you + moving in together. Only do this if you really like the chick

I live in Maryland where even the shittiest 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1 floor """house""" costs $250,000 and I can't leave because I work here but don't make enough to leave, what do?

Start applying for jobs in cheaper parts of the USA
This guy knows his shit

>being a rent slave
>kissing mommy goodnight before bed
Is it even a choice?

While a student, yes.

Otherwise, no.

Man I wish I can move out or quit school to make some money (now) but if I do my life would be 100X harder (gotta worry about rent food and other bills, and work would be my life even if I hate it) and it would only be a shared living arrangement since rent is expensive where I am.

Living with family is not degenerate at all. Family is number 1 above all.

Absolutely not, living until you're 23 is OK as long as you're working and going to school. Any longer and you're a dead beat.

Bad goys

>be me
>live in Massachusetts
>average studio apartment near Boston is over $1k/mo
>can't afford shit unless you are an up-and-coming doctor or lawyer
>apartment/rental prices drop to $700 if you move to Western MA
>where there are no jobs that can feasibly pay for that
>live at home with mom
>"user WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE OUT"
probably when I kill myself, mom
you probably won't even carry my fucking casket, you'll pay some random fucks to do it
just like my childhood

Quite shamefully, I'm 30 and live with my mother, aunt and uncle. I also pay rent, so... there is that too. Strange thing about the USA, if you don't have enough experience, you are gonna be poorfag for rest of life, but if you have too much experience, then you gonna be poor when it's too much money to hire you.

My older brother is 36 and still lives at home and makes 50,000 a year.

He's fat, liberal, and acts like a fucking child. Sometimes I feel like the older brother.

I recommend moving to another state. It sounds risky, but if you scout out for a job before you make it permanent you can find cheap houses/apartments. Most places in the Midwest are good on this.

have you considered moving out of Heroinachussets?

Dude, I'd fucking kill for 35,000/yr. I'd probably still live here though, I want to help my mother's mortgage payments.

Will you anons, let your mum live with you when she gets older and stops working?

I wouldn't even know where to start on job searches in other states, let alone finding an apartment, scheduling a move, or getting the best deal on utilities.
I'm a useless, pathetic excuse for a human being anyway.
I'm waiting for all my friends to forget about me so I can just die and fade away.

>new norm

More like what was normal decades ago, when it was encouraged to stay together/close in order for your dynasty to stay strong, though, this has (((somehow))) been lost as the years go on.

Then I'd just stay in your situation, it's not that bad unless your mom constantly pesters you. As for jobs, just take anything. I mean anything. You can work at McDonalds in Nebraska and afford a decent apartment. Certainly better than what you'd find in Boston.

How old are you bruv?

I moved in last year to save money AND IT SUCKS

but im moving back out in a few months yay.

Move dude, as much as I loved that place its cancer.

35, waiting for new place to be finished. About 3 months to go. So ready to leave here. 10 month total stay.

At this point studio apartments near boston are around 1500 a month.

Boston is the third most expensive rent market in the country.

My mother got disabled before I was old enough to move out, so technically she lives with me. I have always wondered what it would be like to live alone in my own apartment. Closest I have gotten to that is the apartments you can buy in GTAV. I often just hang out in mine on there doing nothing.

>wasting money on rent

hoo nelly

>Also handy tip for shagging birds, tell them your place is being decorated/renovated so you're temporarily back home.

If a woman is stupid enough to believe this, she deserves to get taken advantage of.

kek

that is really something, user.

My mom has stopped pestering me now that I've got a job. The only reason she ever even talked to me in the first place was to segue into a conversation about finding a job.
But I hate my job. I maintain a database that spams the shit out of people.
The pay isn't great for my area ($16/hr, WHICH STILL ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME TO LIVE ON MY FUCKING OWN) but I get full-time benefits - health, dental, retirement - right away. I guess I can survive, but the worst part is my managers are psychopaths.
I arrived an hour late on my second day, which I know is shitty, but the obese nearly-50-year-old manager of my department looked like the shaking PC Principal from South Park and outright yelled at me. I've fucked up way worse at other jobs before and the manager there just told me not to let it happen again and that was that. She lectured me like I got drunk at her late mother's wake and yelled at me how I "wasn't really sorry" even after I apologized multiple times. Like holy fuck.
I haven't seen someone get that angry about anything in a very long time.
As I said already, I have no idea how. It's not as simple as "move dude." I have to find a job, a place to rent, a way to move all my shit, and the list goes on.
Yeah, it's getting way worse with all of the luxury apartments.

keep telling yourself that
lives in Mom's house considers her the boarder
I can't make this shit up

Don't have much choice since parents are rich and I suffer from mental illness with hallucinations

It's not her house. I found this place and pay all the rent and utilities, she lives in a chauffeur's room off the garage.

I moved out at 22, been living by myself for the last 3-4 months.

Here in Latin America people usually leave when they marry or buy their own house (usually late 20s, early 30s).

For us, most of the time, leaving sooner is a sign that you have a bad relationship with your parents or immediate family.

>new
Multi-generational houses have been the norm up until modern history.
What a coincidence that becoming independent of your family became the cultural norm during the greatest era of economic prosperity ever.

Modern society isn't homesteaders who have 15 kids in order to work their 50 acres just to eat

You better somewhere expensive as shit. I live in ohio and lived off of $11/hr, with cable TV and smart phone fine enough.

And yet, there is still a certain (((tribe))) who still do just that.