Anyone Want to Join?

>jackboot thugs that are the ones that will start martial law and take people's guns or target minorities or political dissenters

nah, i'll pass

I do actually, I really do. I'm kinda turned off by the idea of attending meetings and shit without compensation

You have zero clue about what you are talking about and making baseless assumptions

the National Guard IS the defense against martial law. A general operations like his own military, he can say NO to the president, to the governor, and is loyal TO HIS STATE

Martial law won't even happen, all the NG does is riot control and forest fire control (in my state at least)

I'm trying to enlist in the navy. But I was looking into the national guard first.

bump

>Being surrounded by water never getting to swim
>Being underground surrounded by steel 24/7
>Being around nothing but men and away from all civilization

Sounds terrible desu, just be a weekend warrior mang

what are the chances you get sent to an active warzone

Look up how many people die every year in the military. It's minuscule. Then look up how many are stationed there vs. how many active military personnel we have, also low%

If you are still warded off, pick a non combat position that will leave you on the base.

checked
thnx amigo

I think it depends on the person. I'm a simple guy who never comes out of my room. Plus I want to work on a ship so when it's time to colonize Mars I'll be used to the small metal environment. But I also heard maintaining a job and being in the national guard is a pain in the ass.

I'm in arizona, would it be better to join the national guard or border patrol

>15 killed in 2016

"Killed in action only"
>1

Bruh

Both. Border Patrol is full time, National Guard is mostly weekends.

what's the pay difference

If I join th Washington state national guard do I get to supress and gas protesting liberals?

Yes, in any liberal state.

Sign me up

I don't play well with others.

But I'll be on your side when the war comes.

Already did famalam

Already in, the guard is ok for a few extra hundred bucks a month and a reason for me to exercise.

We're also deploying soon, so I'll be looking forward to that.

But I could be one of those statistics and end up dead.

You didn't even read my entire post did you

I dunno, are you going to send me out of the country? Like Iraq?