The universe

>The universe is a closed system, and it will not expand forever.
>Eventually it will collapse into black holes, and there will be a new singularity.
>Given that it is a closed system, the following big bang will produce exactly the same universe down to your current brain chemistry
>Your parents will always meet
>You will always be born, just as you always have
If this is true, how does it make you feel? Nietszche believed that most men would not be able to hand it, but I believe that his philosophical ideas based on ancient knowledge will eventually be a leading theory on the fate, and past, of the universe. Free will is an illusion, but it is also just a mind game we play with ourselves. We are just like the motion of the cosmos, revolving through our life. Will you fight to make this eternal life of yours the best it can be? Will you find love that is truly eternal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe#Theories_about_the_end_of_the_universe
math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/GR/energy_gr.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is also space for a prime mover in this cosmology. If there is any change in between universes, then something must be adding or subtracting a unit of energy.
Also consider that if a superadvanced race was somehow observing and recording the big bang, they would be able to simulate it from start to finish, including us.

bump

I used to be an atheist of the Dawkins-Maher brand. But life simply ceases to be interesting if you treat religious/spiritual thoughts with disdain. I hope that, like kintsukuroi, the existential pain of knowing that all of your suffering will have to be repeated, will allow you to build yourself into the person that you must ALWAYS become.

>wrong
>entropy
Everything will be ripped apart.

>yadda yadda yadda, this will happen when the universe ends
Prove it.

If you are not over the age of 21 stop posting now

Right. It will all be ripped apart as it enters the singularity. Black holes will become more numerous. They will grow, and combine, until it is just one. That is what precedes the Big Bang.
I wont claim to be a physicist, I just know from my cursory studies of it that the Big Bounce or Big Crunch scenario has as much evidence backing it up as the Big Freeze.

I like that.

I bet you do, Satan. Eternal falls from grace for you! But really, I think it is our idealogical future. Beyond life's obvious meaning (to create more life), its only goal should also be more life.
the extension of the human life solves all of the worlds problems because everyday we lose great minds.

This doesn't reconcile the paradox with trice-recombinant singularities

No dick head.
Dark energy will rip the universe apart.

Nice try, Leor. As you can see, I am well suited for philosophical discussions of the physical universe.

its anuda shoah

>This version of future events makes me feel good
>So it must be true
>Even though empirical facts make it unlikely

B R A I N L E T

>This version of future events makes me feel good
Never said that.
>empirical facts make it unlikely
State them.

>>The universe is a closed system, and it will not expand forever.

Your argument is based on the assumption that this first statement is true

Honestly wouldn't mind if life was endlessly repeated. I mean, you would never know to begin with and living in of itself is a lucky thing. Being able to think, feel and understand things in of itself is such a mind boggling thing considering what it means on an anatomical level. At least for me all of the shit that happens in life there is also more than enough good things to make up for it.

OP, lower and set retardation to 0%.

Why do you so easily associate universal truth with your own self capicitated intellectual creativity

I know. But there is as much evidence pointing towards a Big Crunch/Bounce as to a Big Freeze. The universe has gone through different rates of expansion, and you should rule out that it will eventually collapse, or that there is no boundary and eventually the matter gets trapped in black holes that then, (after an unimaginably long time) come together. Do you deny that the universe is a closed system, though? This I actually want to know if it makes sense.
Exactly. And I think a lot of people would feel this way.
Tell me where I am wrong. I understand that it rests of the premise that the universe will collapse.
it is not self-capacitated. I saw a connection between Eternal Return/Amor fati and the Big Bounce scenario, and began to explore it as a cosmology. There could not be any harm to believing that I must make the most of my life and live as long as possible so that it can be repeated endlessly. Maybe i dont understand the question or most likely you are just fucking with me. fuck its definitely the last one.

>knowing ill get to creampie my current and previous gf's for eternity

why does op make this sound like its a bad thing

Philosophy or physics are not necessary for the average idiot. But atheism is not a replacement for religion.

Please bump

What more do you want?
The galaxy won't end like you think it will.
But what you are talking about sounds like some evangelion shit.

I am but a humble law student, so riddle me this: why does it matter?

You've admitted your not a physicist, so this is a pet theory of yours, perhaps a hobby.

It literally does not matter if this is true (we'll be having this same discussion in 10-20 billion years)

Regardless of the validity of your theory, you should be focusing on bettering yourself and applying yourself. Strive to have a happy, successful life and breed.

If this is true, do you think I'll still use the In-n-Out burger jpg next time? Or will I use the whataburger or five guys jpgs?

You gonna join the group or spit some more uplifting boring bullshit.

Our current evidence in cosmology best supports the universe continuing to expand forever, although the issue is not totally resolved:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe#Theories_about_the_end_of_the_universe

I guess you are right. I think atheism is the wrong course and that we must replace religion with something spiritual that will foster our technological expansion and treat people to be good to each other. Hard to replace Jesus, though.
On a personal level, yeah, I get it. I do strive to better myself. I want others to do the same without limiting their view of the universe with christian eschatology. You will most definitely use In-n-out, unless the benevolent prime mover decides to remove a unit of energy from the singularity. Then you wont survive to post. And yes it is a pet theory and a hobby, and I want to be proven wrong so I can better it.
Please, explain.

You sound like a delightful person to have at parties

I want, I hope, I NEED more evidence to back up one of these theories. Do you see where I am going with this? If the Big Freeze is real, well, fuck. But if the Big Bounce is a legitimate theory, then it provides all sorts of philosophical questions. Do you at least agree that the universe is a closed system and that if it does indeed bounce that it will be exactly the same?

Religious/spiritual/philosophical must and will be reconciled with physical reality. One that drives us to advance and to live and contribute while not being the result of geopolitics in the first millenium.

You replace it with science and the ability to check results to make a stable theory and let that theory evolve over time to tell the truth.
I'm not talking about after life bullshit, i can't say it exsit or doesn't because i have no way to test it.
If you can't test it, don't worry about it till we've figure out a way to.

Dark energy force the universe to explan fast and will continue to accelerate that expansion till get it gets past the speed of life.
First galaxies will be ripped apart then solar systems, planets, atoms to subatomic particles.
Nothing will remain.

Actually i keep the party going till I'm the last man standing

Look up heat death of the universe.

>Do you deny that the universe is a closed system, though? This I actually want to know if it makes sense.

The universe is expanding and the expansion is slowing but it could be the case it's an open system, it could be the case the universe has no start or end and is truly infinite

I have looked up all the theories about the universe. There is not strong evidence against a cyclical model, and yeah most physicists would argue heat death.
I think infinite is kind of like good/evil or free will in that it is a mindgame that does not have any basis in reality.
Nowhere in nature will you find infinite.

I don't know if I agree with that last part.
Nature itself is infinite, intuition should tell you so.
Otherwise I think you are on the right track

>I think infinite is kind of like good/evil or free will in that it is a mindgame that does not have any basis in reality.
>Nowhere in nature will you find infinite.

Would you be able to recognize something that is infinite though?

>Nature itself is infinite, intuition should tell you so.
It is not, though. What is infinity +1? What is infinity/2? What is 2xInfinity?
Matter is not infinite. Energy is not infinite. Particles are not infinite. Time is not infinite.

Steady state is ded.

>Dark matter totally exists

Heat death is a bummer, OP. I don't want to accept it either.

as it should be. doesnt mean energy is created or destroyed between the big bang and the heat death/big crunch.
>We totally know everything about dark matter and the part it plays in the end of the universe.
a-at some p-point all tha-at energy has to m-meet u-up e-eventual-ly r-right?

Heat death is the most gentle and beautiful of them all.

>every pain, every failure, everything will be repeated at infinity and we can't do anything about it
Shit sucks, can we do anything?

I honestly don't believe that any human could predict what could possibly happen to our universe. Only God knows.

>at some point all that energy has to meet up eventually

No because all the energy was already there so it only changes foam rather then go somewhere

What about deja-vu's, what about the feeling you did something before? Shit is just weird

>God knows

wtf is a god?

nothing just your fantasies like dreams.

I want you to think about how far the Human race has come in the last ten thousand years. Assuming that at some point we go full Gattaca, and humans don't go extinct and remain relatively the same with the exception of being stronger and smarter, I believe that within Googol years we will have found a solution to heat death.

But there's no energy, it's all a potentiality with everything manifesting within itself. What actualized this potentiality could be the eternal field of quantum mechanics that always existed because of its timeless nature or maybe the booting of the computer which simulates us.

speed of universe expanding is increasing. pretty sure most physicists agree that hawking was wrong about the whole expand-collapse cycle.

modal realism makes for better brain candy, imho.

Actually theres some evidence behind multiple universes theory, suggesting that you'll go with your conscience elsewhere.

We can do something about it. We should be dedicating resources to extending life, expanding our reach in the universe, and creating more comfort. Not saying that life isn't hard, but it can always be better.
The prime mover who crafted this perfect fate. If there was a single unit less or more of energy in the big bang, humans probably would not have formed. We are the result of this perfect "thing" that happened. Because we only can exist in this certain way, there can be NO OTHER WAY. This existence of ours IS PERFECT and THE ONLY POSSIBLE OUTCOME of the universe.

dude nihilism lmaooo!

That is because the brain tries to fill in gaps and replaces real life events with memories which give the feeling of being there before.

No way to test for god so it'd off the table for now

A solution would be to slow down the explanation but controling dark energy.

I see what you mean now, you have nothing to worry about user. There's always a way and if you dig deep enough you'll actually find that things aren't so bad.

We don't have the tools necessary to figure it out right now.
omg i am 15 look i have heard of nitxhsxhe! lolLLLLLL1. my argument is literally the opposite, cunt.
This theory pisses me off. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE, REEEEEEEEEE. It's just hard to imagine where the fuck those universes are.

yes energy is all the same. your energy comes from this planet everything you eat produce energy. (Your energy) means nothing because it's all the same energy. Remember you're not a snowfloke

Energy conservation is not true in general in general relativity:

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/GR/energy_gr.html

Also see what i posted here about Amor Fati. We cannot exist in some multiverse because this is the only possible outcome where humans exist.

>State them.

Accelerating metric expansion of the universe

>There is also space for a prime mover in this cosmology. If there is any change in between universes, then something must be adding or subtracting a unit of energy.
Thats why CERN is causing the mandela effect.
They create super small singularities which fuck up the flow of time and space.

I wish we had the right tools/tech to confirm it. It could slow, or stop, or reverse.
those KEKS, REEEEEEEE

At this point I (OP) would like to point out that I am inebriated, and if you actually have any questions please refer to previous posts.

U fucking WOT M8

Different layers for different universes, gonna be fun when theres only one more layer for heaven and hell.

>The universe is a closed system
unknown
>it will not expand forever
unknown
>it will collapse into black holes
Most matter isn't collected densely enough for this to happen.
>there will be a new singularity
This is a meaningless statement.
>following big bang
Any theory about a new big bang is not supported by any observations or physics
>will produce exactly the same universe down to your current brain chemistry
Totally junk science

0 out of 100, see me after class

>death (rebirth) of universe
>60 million fucking fuckyears away

studying this is insignificant now
take this to /sci/

You can still be an athiest and be interested in religious philosophy. That's exactly what made me interested in it the first place. But I remain to lack a belief in a God.

Read thread please

there is no heaven or hell.

there is Santa clause and unicorns.

No they don't. Talking out of your "hole" user

But we do. The hubble universal constant. I think that's what's it called.

/Thread/
I'm done. Over and out.

It's still a better model than Christianity, though!

Ill suck your dick for an A

You manic depressive nihilistic retards always misunderstand Nietszche.

>I will be a hand hold-less virgin my entire life in every reincarnation.

T-Thanks universe.

I started this thread to explore whether it was possible to reconcile Eternal Return/Amor fati with Big Bounce (cyclical) cosmology. I maintain that it is not unreasonable, or unwise, to believe it is a possibility. I also, if you read the thread, think that it could be a valuable tool.
But you will also be a man. You will also be an American. You will also see a border wall with Mexico. Think about how many dumb females will repeat life as dumb females.

'Perfect'...hmm...
1.we swallow food down the same channel we breathe.
2. Our bodies can turn on us and develop several diseases such as cancer, diabetes or mental illness.
3. Our immune systems can't deal with diseases the first time without medical assistance. It only manages to do it after it has recognised the protein shape of the disease.
4. The potential of severe and life threatening birth defects runs quite rampant across the globe.

Sorry, can't really believe we're perfect. If God exists, he REALLY made a shitty job manufacturing us.

Infinity plus one is still infinity.
Adding plus one is redundant, you can't add or subtract from infinity.
Energy can't be created or destroyed; it's one law of thermodynamics

Theory:

What if you create you're own reality and you're the only one observing the universe. When you die, that's when the universe collapses. Then the cycle repeats itself.

I would bet there is both heaven and hell, as I've been shown them, I was gifted heaven btw.

UCH. I dont mean PERFECT you fucking tool. There isnt a unicorn sucking my cock right now. I mean that IF a universe is going to exist with the right physical laws to allow HUMANS to exist, IT MUST BE this one. Any more or less energy would result in a different universe where humans are never created. You probably think god created theuniverse and then one day decided to make man, though.

/sci/ is leaking. Thats interesting but off course a slidethread.

>this existence is perfect
>only possible outcome
Now you are talking out of your ass, you lose validity points

Gifted, indeed. Even better at english grammar than this americanIt would seem like this. Youd die and instantly be born, except youd be a baby and you never will remember your past life just like you dont right now,

see

>Getting to see the wall built for all eternity.

Ya know, that ain't that bad. Also reliving Trumps election would be grand.

>the universe is a closed system
Immediately stopped reading there. A basic understanding of Physical Cosmology and Riemannian Differential Geometry says otherwise. You retard atheist (((philosophers))) have put the people in a retarded place without their knowing. Stupid ignorant intellectually lazy fuck.

Ehh no. The universe had BILLIONS of years to go through repeated random generations of matter. The sheer length of time would allow for some miraculous events to occur, such as biogenesis. I don't think you can just fill the gaps with 'an invisible being did it' were still trying to find him yet have found barely anything other than 'ifs' or 'maybes'. No 'very likely's'.

id very much like to know why the universe isnt a closed system. please.

Nice ad hominem to back up your argu- oh wait...

>implying this universe is the only existent universe
>implying universes with differing mathematical laws isn't possible
>implying your drunk ass knows anything more than any one else ever
Go to sleep

> I don't think you can just fill the gaps with 'an invisible being did it'
I dont think that. That is a mystery, and will always be a mystery. I just believe that fate is 'perfect' (fuck all of you for misunderstanding that word) in that if a uperadvanced race was somehow observing and recording the big bang, they would be able to simulate it from start to finish, including us.

PLEASE read the thread instead of posting the same thing everyone else does. also bump me you sexy bastard, i need someone to tear apart my theory in a reasonable way.

>No they don't.
Why should I give any attention to what some petro huffing bogan is typing from his spider infested rape shack?
You guys are as far removed from civilization, science and basically everything of relevance that it wouldn't even matter in the grand scheme of things if australia sank into the ocean.

Instead of proving me wrong, you go on a bullshit crying fit.
Fuck up german scum.

>responding to or even considering the existence of australians
your errors are as old as thought itself

Thank you burger, these retards and their delusions of grandeur.

OK but that's still just a belief. You could say anything is predetermined. Nobody is certain of the future. No one has proven God exists, nor can we completey disregard the possibility of him existing. So it's pretty baseless to say that it is he who moves everything. Therefore the concept of 'fate' is entirely subjective until his existence has been fully proven.

>9997799
You may be on to something

>If there was a single unit less or more of energy in the big bang, humans probably would not have formed. We are the result of this perfect "thing" that happened.

topjej my friend

you have no evidence this is true... observational evidence would suggest that we are an inevitability and humans exist all over the universe. Now I realize that is logically retarded, but compared to your babbys first philosophy tier conclusions you drew, it's a stroke of literal genius

also define a unit of energy and why it would make a difference

Not if the universe is a closed system. 'Fate' as a spiritual concept is bunk, but I do believe that the universe is 'physically' predetermined.
No evidence, indeed. We are in the philosophical realm.

he made the claim, you told him he was wrong, the burden of proof to prove him wrong is on you if you're gonna call him out dumbass

jesus you're a little fuckin bitch