Was slavery in the south really that bad as they paint it?

Was slavery in the south really that bad as they paint it?

Slaves were property, very valuable and profitable property, so why the hell would you constantly damage physically and psychologically your property, consequently reducing it's capability of generating wealth for you? It simply makes no sense at all!

I can only compare it to some farmer constantly torturing the few donkeys he has and needs to work

If you believe the "they wuz KANGZ" lie, yes it was bad. If you're not a retard, you understand it's been grotesquely over-exaggerated.

You're never going to see a movie where the slaves are treated well because there's no story there.

Honestly, I believe that there are stories of slave being taken care of by masa, but you're only going to get sensationalized bullshit out of hollywood.

I mean, you wouldn't intentionally destroy your tractor or spank your kids for fun.

>Was slavery in the south really that bad as they paint it?

pretty much yeah

no

most of the stuff about slaves being raped and stuff is just some isolated incidences.

Slavery is always bad.
If you decide slavery is good, try enslave yourself to any autist in your neighborhood.

>implying spanking children can be justified and isn't just parent taking out their frustrations

Slavery was probably okay unless your master was a kike.

It's a load of horse shit.

Read "Uncle Tom's Cabin". It should give you some perspective.

I think it is pretty well established though that slaves were generally treated better as you look further north. Still pretty shitty though.

Django Unchained had Sam L Jackson's character as a slave that was treated well by his masters. He was painted as a villain though. The treatment of slaves generally got worse as time went on, slaves were taught to read to be able to read the Bible, but after events like Brown's rebellion, slave owners banned teaching slaves to read and meeting in groups and imposed strict curfews.

If you spent the equivalent of a million dollars on a person, are you going to damage them?

The only people that mistreated their slaves were the overly rich that could replace someone in a heartbeat. You think tortured people would be making up songs as like they did?

its shitty to be a slave period, but its not like all the women were constantly raped and the men constantly whipped, that shit was rare.

the slavers that did that shit to sadistic degree usually found themselves at the other end of a revolt.

Don't make me take of my belt.
I've been looking for a reason to spank a mother fucker ALL DAY!

Well the songs about being set free were all about Moses and the Jews, so they were passed off as religous singing, not yearning to be free.

What slave film would be complete with out the infamous house nigger.

when the blacks are enslaved again we will probably just kill them, niggers are retarded

It's all bullshit, the white gave niggers everything, work, food, shelter and clothing and do niggers thank the white man? Are they grateful? NO! They get all uppity, it goes to show you how worthless and lazy niggers are.

Gone with the wind does. The houseslaves didn't want to leave when the north took over and slavery became illegal.
In the book they're also portraying the KKK as heroes. The men dressed themselves up after some criminal took advantage of one of the girls, and shot them.
It's safe to say, movies like this will never be made anymore.

It makes plenty of sense when you understand it within the context of a civilization that had been tending towards the notion that "all men are created equal," which implies slavery of persons is wrong. The physical and psychological abuse was about excluding them from personhood.

All of you are white virgins who have no knowledge of the actual plight of blacks. Fuck off conservacucks, more losing to come.

Of course not. The left wouldn't need to shill it so hard if it was.

Plantation slaves in the south generally had it better than free factory workers in the north, who were commonly seen as utterly disposable.

The Irish in particular were often used for jobs that were considered to dangerous to risk a valuable slave on.

No, they were treated like cattle. So they were wellf fed, given medical attention, moderately groomed, and given spaces to live in.

They were some of the best kept labor slaves of all time, and most of the south only approved of slavery because taking away the slaves was seen as literal theft.

>Inb4 retarded Yanks can't into history

I know its not okay to talk positively about slavery in le current year.
But I wonder if the slaves were really that much worse of than in Africa? 12 years of slave is obviously from the perspective of the North while my last example Gone of the Wind was about the South. In Gwtw it didn't seem too bad at all.