Why does Sup Forums hate so much on new age philosophy?

Why does Sup Forums hate so much on new age philosophy?

>believes that our souls are all pieces of God.
>that our own thoughts influence reality.
>the universe has an ultimate purpose.
>that your in control of your destiny.
Christianity, Islam, Judaism, are all slave religions that stagnate our spiritual and consciousness growth and are used as means to control you. Free yourself anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChNz-i3UYxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ancient Vedic philosophy
>new age

I love the first but hate the second

>Implying an imperfect man can achieve ultimate perfection through hard work and study
This is why we can't have nice things.

>implying Jesus isn't as close to the conceptual human being as one can get
>implying Christianity isn't real
Consider that Christians are a collective One. Granted, they should realize they are each the Son, but the vast majority of Christians are not One with this Reality

I'm down with it but i never use the term 'new age' as it's become associated with spaced out crackpots

I just don't care for how philosophy is coming to replace the divine spirit one has when they attempt to be as Christ. The New Age stuff are some of the worst offenders of this.

Jesus was good intentioned but his teachings were turned into a means of control.
I.e. Catholicism

>Paganfag
>Sup Forumsack

I don't think Sup Forums hates new age philosophy, I think that we just hate a lot of degenerate psuedo-intellectuals and drugheads who label themselves with it. Each person's path to God is unique, don't be a self-entitled dick about it.

I agree but a lot of the ideas really make a lot more sense to me then what is mainstream.

What I like most about it is the idea God isn't a vengeful separate entity but is more of a concept of the consciousness that pervades the universe.

>implying Catholicism isn't trash
>A RELIGIOUS IDOL
LOL

God is God. It doesn't matter what the Jews, Christians, Muslims, or pagans wrote about It. You either have God in your heart, or you don't. There's a reason people worship God as a source of infinite compassion and peace.

Look up how the Catholics came into power. What remains of true Christianity is but a stump.

What Jesus told us to do was to love one another. Love as Jesus would. If we do that, I think rediscovering the true church will come in time.

For instance, the Catholics deep down don't serve the same religion they demand of the lay peoples. Here's a video of a fella who made that connection with Islam and Catholicism:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChNz-i3UYxQ

To be fair, the Christian god isn't vengeful towards all people. The most common misconception is that God actively tortures people in Hell after death. It makes much more sense when you realize that God is all good things in life, and separation from him is separation from all good things, leading to only bad things being left. God isn't the one condemning anyone to Hell, he's trying to save you from a life without him, which consequently is Hell.

>I think rediscovering the true church will come in time.
The true church has always been small compared to what it actually appeared to be. Christianity is at it's best under persecution, where the chaff is burnt away and lukewarm people turn their backs on God to save their worldly selves. Don't get too distraught if things only continually get worse and worse as the years drag on. Do your best to keep spirits high and to ask God to bestow you with the knowledge and capacity to understand his word, and help whoever you can.

Hell is having to live another life here and here again. There is no eternal damnation, but in time and time exists only in the physical.

I'm assuming you don't take Revelation as canonical then, if not what are your interpretations of it?

New age literature is a massive mixed bag of beliefs. Some of it has deep esoteric knowledge that will advance you spiritually, while a lot of it is either nonsense or misinterpreted writings on older beliefs which is at best ignorant feel good absurdity and at worst outright malevolent and can result in the attention of and/or possession by metaphysical entities.

When in doubt look for beliefs backed by a long history of tradition preferably from Indo-European societies like Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Paganism, or Hinduism, and make sure your sources are valid.

So Earth=Hell

Revelations is the foundation of the end of the identity of this world, to my perception. The world doesn't end. Reality doesn't end. We, as HUMAN, do and turn into... real humans. Eden humans. We are this place in every single aspect. Our identity is the true evil as it separates us.

Aye, the most important thing is to keep your Faith even as the world gives you more and more incentive to lose it. Faith being the trust in God that He will keep his promises to us.

It's interesting, because God is the only entity I see that demands faith in him. All the other "godly" entities demand exchanges in a manner like a businessman.

Because wants us to have more, but you cannot own anything, so you can only get what is given and you must hope and believe that you will be given what is yours. I have always seen this is as the real form of morality. You can sense immediately if someone does not feel God.

Earth God's creation, and God gives Satan rights to rule over this world, for what I reason I do not know. Hell isn't just one place, there's Sheol, a place where spirits rest until the 70th week of Daniel, and the firey pit, the final resting place for souls that have not accepted God. Sheol is kinda like hades, a cave system dark place where the dead are stored. The fiery pit isn't well described, but that's basically the place you don't want to go during the final judgement.

More to the point, Earth is a mixed bag of Hellish and Godly things, but it doesn't show the extremes of either side, only glimpses.
>The world doesn't end. Reality doesn't end. We, as HUMAN, do and turn into... real humans.
I can agree with this. The Earth certainly isn't destroyed completely in Revelation, and the people that accepted Christ beforehand are changed forever. Though I diverge and think that there will be a 1,000 year reign under Jesus on Earth where a mix of humans as we know it and "ascended" humans are allowed to live, until the actual final battle at the end where Satan is cast into the pit and Final Judgement begins.
>All the other "godly" entities demand exchanges in a manner like a businessman.
Yep. Most false Gods are powerful in their own right, but are all fallen angels or deceptions by Satan to divert from truth. Most pagan religions are merely retelling of the events before the flood taken out of context. Just look at how many feature an "Initial" god who "births" the god's worshipped, and how all across the world different religions have so many similar factors in their teachings. Always beware those that promise that you can save yourself by your own actions. We as imperfect being can't reach perfection, we must rely on a perfect being to give it to us. Not to say we shouldn't improve ourselves, repent, be good people, just know that's not what saves you.

>Always beware those that promise that you can save yourself by your own actions.
I believe that fixing oneself is the most Godly thing to do as you are taking your own burden into your own hands, not for God, but yourself, to which I would see God having no greater pleasure but to see in time you do such a thing. God can and will fix you, but you will learn nothing but Him and ultimately his left hand is Wisdom and not following it is a curse upon yourself he wouldn't want.
Saving yourself is the only way one earns true identity, not taken, but given for what you have done for your self.

Just replying because I've been wondering about this too. Can someone expand on what this user said?

Is he right? Wrong? Why?

>Christianity, Islam, Judaism, are all slave religions that stagnate our spiritual and consciousness growth and are used as means to control you.

And with this you prove you know nothing about new age "philosophy"

.t guy who is surrounded by enlightened retards as yourself

fpbp

I'd say that's all true, I should've expanded and added that being a godly person is what God wants, but that even if you do as much as you can, if you reject Christ, you are still lost.

We are told often that there are different rewards in Heaven. The closest analogy would be a spiritual banking account, and that we should do our best make deposits often. The gift of eternal life is the base, but for those that do godly deeds and live godly lives is a special treatment. I won't pretend that I know what it is, but the twelve apostles are held more highly in Heaven than others, as is a devout priest to a sinner who repents just before death. they are all given eternal life, but some have gained good will in Heaven due to their acts on the Earth.

>And with this you prove you know nothing about new age "philosophy"
Very true, everyone is a slave to something, and even living a life trying your best not to be, you end up being a slave to the actions of not being a slave. It's a matter of choosing the master that you can look up to and always fight for without regret until your death. For some that is White Nationalism, for others it is Atheism, and for many it is their base needs and desires. Choose your master well.