So how does Sup Forums feel about the Tobacco Industry?

So how does Sup Forums feel about the Tobacco Industry?

Both about the industry itself, and in terms of the free market.

Only degenerate liberals smoke. I support those who grow it or sell it though. They are capitalists.

>smoking tobacco
The free market should be able to exploit retards. If they want to pay thousands of dollars to die slowly why should we stop them?

>on-topic replies

the media shills are here in full force today. stay wary friends

It's the ultimate example of collusion between big business and big government because they can openly get away with a lot more because people despise it so much.

I don't smoke but I have no problem at all with people who do. It's not up to the government to decide where you can and cannot smoke.

In fact, they can just fuck off right away with all their stupid rules.

i like smokeless tobacco

Don't try snus

I do like Levi Garrett

Im mad obongo increased taxes and banned "flavored" cigarattes years ago. Made kreteks hard as fuck to get and the "cigar" workaround makes them taste shitty.

I don't see anything wrong with tobacco. Nicotine has great benefits. There's a reason we've been smoking it for centuries.

The industry shot itself in the foot trying to hide the bad sides, on top of that, cheapening out cigarettes (the lowest form of smoking) now no one trusts the industry and cigs can only be smoked by addicts.

the South Park episode Butt Out pretty much nails how I feel about smokers

What's the deal with smoking? I've never cared for it or people who do it but I thought this shit was neutral and not degenerate?

I don't think it's nicotine that bothers people, it's the other chemicals along with smoke itself that creates problems in the body. Nicotine just makes it addictive.

Cigarettes are degenerate (they are just a nicotine delivery system), pipes and cigars are not

the episode I'm talking about doesn't make them seem degenerate.

I've smoked before and it was great. If some people want to risk all the shit it can cause, go for it.

They sell me drugs, I buy the drugs. No problem there. However they do cut the drugs with formaldehyde and all that other bullshit, which I don't like but I also can't really pressure them to stop doing it.

Meanwhile my government decides to stick its oar in because there's a great deal of money involved and it's consistent money, too. Just like the alcohol tax: they raise the taxes on addictive substances not because they want people to quit, but because addicts keep paying.

While I'm not saying that Big Tobacco doesn't fuck its customers at least a bit, I don't believe they carry much responsibility in the deaths of smokers. The government, meanwhile, has no right to get involved in trying to stop me from buying tobacco products. The only reason people don't kick up more of a fuss about the stupidly high tax is because the anti-smoking ad campaigns are extremely aggressive and only ~15% of people still smoke.

Side note, since being religious is a choice, and smoking is a choice, couldn't I argue that a specific tax targeting only smokers is akin to a specific tax targeting only Muslims, and is therefore a discriminatory practice aimed at oppressing a minority group?

If people didn't smoke drink or do drugs we'd have a fuckton more resources to use elsewhere. We could go fund NASA with billions and billions of dollars more a year.

>KILL CITIZENS
>REDUCE COSTS & MAINTENANCE

While also earning bank. Would make sense, I guess.

>addictive

Explain

Tobacco corps are legal drug dealers. They're unethical in the sense that they knowingly get their customers addicted.

It's too socially acceptable and ingrained in our culture to do away with it now. Soon we'll be saying the same about dude weed lmao if we don't do anything to stop the spread of its use, and yes that includes legalization. Once they start opening up coffee shops there's almost no doubt your kids will try it at one point in their lives, similarly to alcohol and cigarettes.

We should have the freedom to smoke as much as we want and the common sense to avoid tobacco products

I've yet to encounter someone using a tobacco pipe. I'll be honest I began disliking people that vape in public it can be annoying with these cunts blowing that shit all over the place

Ahh yeah I remember the episode now, it was with that fat protestor that constantly ate fast food while bashing smokers. I'll have to rematch it soon

Because I haven't been asked to sign a waver allowing them to subject me to their second-hand smoke.

additive and deadly. the whole industry should be banned. the addicts should be put on chantix. if that doesn't work...more harsh methods.

I fully support anything that means less people.

They've taught people in school that smoking is worse than Hitler.

That goes in line about them cheapening the cigarette. Cigarettes are like 50% tobacco. The rest is fillers, flavoring. They even sweep up tobacco dust from the production line and compress it to throw in the cigarettes. Smoke pure tobacco and the difference is amazing.

jewish industry.

>The free market should be able to exploit retards.
hello shekelstein.

Second-hand smoking is a myth, you clown. Don't walk near busy roads if you actually give a shit about accidentally inhaling toxins.

Nicotine is vitamin B3 minus oxygenation. Aka smoking. Cannabinoids are present in high quantities in all breastmilk

Your fault for getting addicted retard

>Second-hand smoking is a myth

do you have a single fact to back that up

Black lung is only for coal miners. We all regrow completely new lung cells every 3 weeks. Japan and Greece smoke way more than we do. Less lung cancer. Smokers' lungs are stolen disproportionately for transplants all the time. Stop driving. Live inside the spruce moose you woman

Literally no benefit to smoking whatsoever. I don't get why people smoke. It's such an expensive and pointless exercise.

>Smoke pure tobacco and the difference is amazing.

agreed I know they're hipster cigs but american spirits are the fucking shit

How you take Tobacco changes how it affects you.

I smoked cigs like a chimney, 20-30 a day and I felt like shit if I could not smoke. it was like a rising panic. it is great for numbing you and helping regiment your day.

I switched to smoking a pipe and it is a much nicer experience. The need is a lot lower and my lungs have cleared up a fair bit and I get less random body pain.

I stopped smoking for 3-4 months after using a mouth fedora and even after 8 weeks I felt like death and was depressed as fuck. pipe smoking is relaxing as fuck though.

I get them on native reserves. Theyre good smokes too. $20 per carton. The journals are contradictory. Vitamin b3 was synthesised from nicotine. If niacin (nicotinic acid/B3) is taken by bodybuilders to improve capillaries and vascularity why do we say smoking and nicotine constricts your vessels? If you have type O blood you cant get cholesterol anyways. It keeps people from getting obese and is a stimulant

Improves mental cognition in almost every form(concentration most of all), reduces estrogen levels, almost completely prevents parkinsons, greatly reduces alzheimers and other brain atrophy ailments. You get nowhere trying to turn it into a goofy cartoon villain.

This. Also prevents preeclampsia. Cures pellagra. Improves heart attack recovery and joint surgeries

t. Philip Morris employees

Go look it up yourself, it doesn't function in the way you think it does.

Yes, there are toxins present in tobacco smoke, but no you aren't going to inhale a medically significant dose unless you live and work with people who smoke indoors all day. Much like you don't get silicosis by cutting the tiles for your new kitchen - you get silicosis by working with ceramics every day of the year for a lifelong career.

Same with asbestosis, or the black lung; in fact, it works the same way with literally every single respiratory disease caused by inhaling particulates.

Chances are that if you live in a city, you're far more likely to be given lung cancer by the background air pollution than you are to even get exposed to a vaguely risky amount of passive smoke.

Listen bud. Preeclampsia is a disorder in pregnancy characterised by high blood pressure. If nicotine stops this. Which is does. By lowering blood pressure. Why dont you tell me. Non philip morris employee. How it reduces pressure if smoking constricts our vessels? Your turn...

It angers me that theyre bought and sold just like other industries. The shit they spray on the crops causes a lot of the cancer.

Nothing better than a cigarette when youre drunk. As long as you dont smoke a pack a day like a faggot youre gonna be fine

I realise there was a typo due to iphone. But does that still mean it doesn't deserve a reply? Science is a religion. The earth is flat. I knew I wouldn't get a reply anyways

When can we slaughter the liberals and show them real oppression?

Wrong thread fuck

>I don't see anything wrong with tobacco. Nicotine has great benefits
If you had half a fucking brain you would've said you had a problem with tobacco but not nicotine