My dad is a linguistics prof who's spent many years traveling the earth...

My dad is a linguistics prof who's spent many years traveling the earth, lately both my parents have been losing their shit over Trump doing exactly what he said he would do (go figure) and falls for the media lies/propaganda.

This morning, I tried to explain how the labor supply works and how immigrants undercut American wages and burden our infrastructure.

He started becoming irrate and honestly I'm disappointed at the lack of critical thinking that he shows when it comes to thinking about the downside of immigration policy. He literally believes that "liberals" can do no wrong and even though Obama has the same exact policy as Trump, he still thinks Trump - emphasis on Trump because he switches the convo focus back to him- is wrong about the "travel ban".

The real question is, how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd but dumb enough to lack the critical thinking ability to understand that this is a dog eat dog world? It doesn't make sense Sup Forums but I feel that I'm losing my parents when they accuse me of being a Nazi for simply giving praise where praise is due.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xFqShpJm_zc
takimag.com/article/diagnosing_passover_syndrome_among_white_liberals/print#axzz4XKrZFN2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you need critical thinking in uni?

You are brainwashed too. The Rothschild are toying with us. Trump is another puppet.

some nazis use your exact reasoning tho. sometimes 1488 is not a meme.

Well idk, I don't bring up the convos, my dad insists on talking about politics when I visit. Otherwise, it's fine for them to believe whatever they want to believe, it doesnt matter that much to me.

Well yea but so do the Japanese, so do the Koreans, it's not like the Nazis invented the ideas they merely "radicalized" them.

Its a lot like the liberal athesit meme.

Atheists spew bullshit over how vastly intelligent and "none dogma believing" they are, yet believe being white is an original sin, letting liberal politicians decide who lives an dies because they can do no wrong, and everything the liberal media says is gospel.

>linguistics

Literally the most useless course I was ever forced to take while in school. Slap some sense into your dad for me.

>The real question is, how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd but dumb enough to lack the critical thinking ability to understand that this is a dog eat dog world?
He probably make a good chemist, electrician or a mechanic either. PhD makes you an expert in a very narrow field.

>smart enough to obtain a phd
that's not really the pinnacle of intelligence desu, much less nowadays when everybody and their cat have one

I'd put $100 on OP's explanation of:
>how the labor supply works and how immigrants undercut American wages and burden our infrastructure.
being about comprehensive as it was here.

OP, you're an idiot 17-year-old that still lives with his parents. Your father is a professor and is clearly embarrassed he has a retard for a son. Stop shitposting in real life.

>He probably make
He probably wouldn't make

This. Unis are, quite ironically, the last place on Earth where I'd expect to find critical thinking.

Pretty much, politics in the US is just a religion I guess. Not much different from Islam ironically

Yea I think so too, ITs a battle between the globalists for retardation. Soro's/Hillary are paying losers to protest and talk bad about trump ect, and Trumps/Putin are attacking their Shadow government.. The desperation and shit tactics tho on soro's part is pathetic.

I'm actually 27 and I'm visiting but thanks

There are two fallacies you are operating under. 1) Someone can be quite knowledgeable about one subject (linguistics) and still not be very astute at another subject (politics). 2) A PHD does not demonstrate that someone is intelligent necessarily.

>Logical/computing intelligence = Worldly intelligence
Try again user

Didn't read lol

Your father knows that the only true Americans are Indian Natives, everyone else is an immigrant or descends from immigrants, so the US was built by immigrants and he feels like the "travel ban" is just against the foundation of the US.

>being about comprehensive as it was here

This was my assumption, too.

>mfw I redpilled my mom and she watches univision all fucking day
Get gud nigga

I feel more sad for your dad. An educated city person, worldy, well-rounded with a high IQ and knows Drumpf is a disaster (he is) raises a son who thinks like a suburban/rural retard, irrationally scared of brown people. If I knew my child would grow up to be a rural/suburban retard I would have aborted them. Heartbreaking

>go to girlfriends graduation recently
>phds graduating first
>reading the handout for each of their phd thesis'
>PhD - Some white girl
>Thesis - Using "The Hunger Games" to teach a classroom about diversity and female empowerment

whew

start texting them videos of niggers being niggers. that will show them

A PhD doesn't make you smart

>linguistics

So your dad got a meme degree. Maybe if he was a professor in something that took critical thinking like the STEM field, then maybe he wouldn't be a neo-hippie.

Despite being """educated""" your dad is still being controlled by his own personal biases and hopes. Also, being in the position of your father, he also believes that it is his duty to teach you the errors of your beliefs. I mean...he did teach you to stop shitting your pants and drooling at one point. It might be hard to start taking you seriously on political ideology.

Pathetic but it works.. people are usefull idiots. They can't think for themselves. Look at the posters on pol, most of them are willing to die for Trump. Pathetic indeed.

Intelligence is not monolithic. I've known guys with multiple PhDs that can't grasp the concept of 'don't open attachments from people you don't know'.

Have a discussion, ask open-ended questions, you can help him think it through.

youtube.com/watch?v=xFqShpJm_zc

>'don't open attachments from people you don't know'.

i bet they responded saying they have an antivirus or something like that

How do you conceal your reaction face as a potential employer interviewing this person?

dumb leaf

My dad is older, more experienced and has also traveller the world, seeing a variety of cultures. He is also brilliant. I post on Sup Forums. Why am I such a better critical thinker than him?

>even though Obama has the same exact policy as Trump
>exact same policy
Obama refused entry to people with visas, and permanent residents? When did that happen?

I liked this part
>how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd but dumb enough to lack the critical thinking ability to understand that this is a dog eat dog world?

Time for another autistic "professors are so st00pid" circlejerk between supermarket cashiers and hvac repairmen (at best)

University and science in general is no longer about giving explanations to things and trying to understand why shit happens. It's only about memorizing before the exam and forgeting after doing it. Then have your head filled with commie propaganda the rest of the semester.

Like Jesus said, people are like sheep.. And they follow whoever's their shepherd.. To bad trumpfags are godless like the Sorofags.

Not an argument, Remoaner

But you are a nazi user.
Why else would you be on a pro Hitler board?

Pot calling the kettle black. You aren't exactly one to talk given who you have in power and who he keeps as company

"You can't doubt progressivism just a little. You have to doubt it on a grand scale."

Trying to redpill someone on the travel ban is useless, because your position on the travel ban is determined by your positions on the right wing and Trump as a whole. If you want to redpill them you have to go the whole way. You have to help them see leftism as it actually is, not how it pretends to be in the mind of its believers

Good luck.

>My dad is a linguistics prof who's spent many years traveling the earth,

This might seem like a cross-section of the average brainwashed bluepill, but think about it.

A linguistics department in any Western uni is going to be brutally infiltrated. Your father probably caved to social pressure a long, long time ago so that he wouldn't broach subjects like the universal superiority of the English language as a communication tool, or Leftists 'recategorizing' and re-defining words like fascism (go Google it, that shit is horrifying).

tl;dr you expect a Current Year cultural studies professor not to be brainwashed? Maybe in 8 years

> dat strawman

It's because you lack foresight and decent judgement that you think the way you do. Your parents are probably just mad at themselves because they fucked up and raised their kid wrong. It's becoming more and more obvious every day that over-exposure to the internet is kind of destroying the minds of our youth. I'm sure it's beneficial to a few, but overall unregulated and unmonitored internet time is creating a generation of retards, and i mean that in a very literal sense. You speak of critical thought, but you haven't utilized that at all. You're literally trying to espouse Sup Forums troll rhetoric to your highly educated parents. If I was your father I would struggle to not hit you for being so ignorant, and I would hate myself because it would be so obvious that I did something wrong with you. I'm sorry that you got brainwashed by Sup Forums and that you fell for the memes, but you need to understand that Sup Forums is a troll's paradise and that the original reasons for rules one and two is so that you don't embarrass the everloving fuck out of yourself by repeating some dumbass shit you read on Sup Forums. You fucking idiot. I know this is probably pasta and that it's also a bait post, but I'm super high and I wanted to argue this point so thanks for that opportunity friend.

seems like a pretty narrow job market... will probably just prove to her how racist white males are keeping women oppressed

It's the easiest thing in the world. It's one sentence long.

>"Obama's wars on behalf of ISIS demanded enough airstrikes on civilians to run us of bombs ."

>how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd but dumb enough to lack the critical thinking ability to understand that this is a dog eat dog world?
That's because getting a PHD (or any formal qualification) doesn't require critical thinking, it just requires that you regurgitate information you heard in lectures.

Just like he regurgitates info he got from CNN

To understand what motivates someone to be pro Hitler.

>Indeed, guilt-projection is one of Passover Syndrome’s most consistent features. Although the malady almost solely attacks Caucasians in high-income brackets, sufferers tend to blame lower-class “rednecks” and “white trash” for slavery and its after-effects. In truth, it’s far more probable that affluent Caucasians are descended from slaveowners than are low-income whites, who are more likely to count indentured servants among their progenitors. This constant finger-pointing of others as “racists,” all while exhibiting an unceasing obsession with racial matters, also strongly suggests projection.

Passover Syndrome is similar to homophobia in that its sufferers make a point at every turn of assuring you that they aren’t racist, much as the homophobe feels a neurotic compulsion to constantly remind you he isn’t gay. Passover Syndrome shares features with Stockholm Syndrome in that its sufferers mistake as benevolence the fact that those who have a perceived right to kill them still haven’t killed them. This is often misinterpreted as tolerance and acceptance rather than, say, procrastination or lack of opportunity. Passover Syndrome also has many traits in common with oikophobia, but since so many Westerners who dominate the social sciences are themselves afflicted with oikophobia, this grievous disorder has not yet been properly classified as a mental disease.

takimag.com/article/diagnosing_passover_syndrome_among_white_liberals/print#axzz4XKrZFN2s

If you are willing to trust Trump in ANY circumstance, in the face of ANY evidence that he is not good, then you are narrow minded as well. Supporting Trump is not what makes you a person with critical thinking, but using logic in ALL circumstances (something your dad seems to only be able to do when dealing with linguistics).

>linguistics prof

Stopped reading. You expected your dad to be anything but a raving liberal faggot? He works in academia and teaches a fucking faggot subject. You should do the world a favour and shoot your dad in the face then fucking neck yourself, cunt

wtf I'm sad angry and really fucking racist now!

no for real I wouldn't mind shooting that family in their stomach and letting them bleed to death

pricks

lol. go cry

>Self-deception is another common factor in Passover Syndrome. Sufferers identify with the “underclass,” yet they never seem to come from it nor actually spend any meaningful time around its members. In many if not most cases, they live in far safer and whiter areas than the white “racists” do. Therefore, while they claim to intimately understand “racism,” they rarely have experienced the sort of competition over jobs and resources that historically gives rise to it.

>A common delusion among Passover Syndrome sufferers is that they represent the cusp of some bold revolutionary cultural vanguard rather than modern mainstream society itself. They seduce themselves into thinking they are rebels against an oppressively racist society, yet there is nothing dangerous or career-threatening in anything they say. In truth, to disagree with what they say is to court ostracism, assault, and possible legal action. So rather than being mavericks in the Nat Turner mold, their personalities more fit that of the obsequious and conformist House Negro who toes the party line with a wide, bucktoothed grin. They seem cognitively incapable of grasping the fact that their personalities are indeed so fundamentally conformist, they may have participated in lynch mobs a century ago.

In keeping with such conformist tendencies, they apprehend clearly that the “racist” is our society’s new “nigger,” and they want everyone to know, as loudly as they can manage without being arrested for disturbing the peace, that they’re with the majority this time as far as hating niggers is concerned.

All normies are still plugged into the matrix.

We shouldn't hate them per se, they're just naive and easily tricked fools. Redpilling them and getting around their bullshit is part of the game.

The proper term should be called Limbic System Atrophy.

Have they not taught you how to greentext at shill school yet leaf?

>because your position on the travel ban is determined by your positions on the right wing and Trump as a whole

I'm pretty sure you could hate Trump as an obnoxious celebrity billionaire, be Leftist, and still understand why a travel ban from countries teeming with radical jihadism is sensible, at least until ISIS isn't occupying several countries worth of militarized territory.

>how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd
you don't have to be smart in order to get a degree, universities are about parroting the information the school crams into your brain

Problem is, they never were.
Universities are overrated in terms of general "education": they just imprint a way of solving specific technical problems (engineering in my case), nothing else.
Hell I've met engineers who are brilliant in their field yet when asked about Eastern Europe, they said "That's like Switzerland, right?"

Comprehensive, universal intelligence is very hard to come by: one should only listen to what academicians say in their respective field of knowledge, and even then only if this field is 100% technical (i.e., not economy or social)

>Phd
>smart
pick only one

While I agree that he is using poll rhetoric. I really doubt his parents have critical thinking if they are buying everything the mainstream media is saying about Trump, to the point of calling their own son a nazi. But more importantly, his parents seem to have a very toxic mentality if they are so eager to talk about politics and shove down their son's throat what they think.

It's sad to see but he has obviously made a false cause fallacy with Democrats as the righteous.

Just let him have it, this is the culmination of his work and if he can't handle the failures, he certainly can't have success.

Old men used to be boys at one point so take his authority lightly but remember he's still you guardian.

you don't have to be smart to get a phd

>Despite the desire to conform, severe social maladjustment is always present in Passover Syndrome. Any sort of nonwhite group the world over would brand such personality types as evil, freakish tribal enemies. The fact that nonwhites appreciate and welcome their overtures does not mean they respect them. The truth is that nonwhite cultures don’t tolerate traitors within their ranks to nearly the degree that supposedly ethnocentric whites do. Imagine a black person being able to make a career out of campaigning against black pride. Nonwhite cultures—to their credit—tend to view such individuals as sellouts, punks, and snitches.

>A daily ritual among Passover Syndrome sufferers, as reflexive as washing their hands and brushing their teeth, is to smear an invisible layer of protective talismanic blackface on themselves. But until scientists develop full-body skin transplants, there’s nothing they’ll be able to do about it in practical terms. They’re pretty much stuck being white. Most nonwhites still see them, above all else, as white. Passover Syndrome sufferers would realize this if they’d actually spent any time in jail or had ever lived in a mostly nonwhite neighborhood.

>what is Iraq
Obama halted immigration from Iraq for 6 months and instituted the first measures against the 7 nations now banned for a period longer than the 90 days under Trump

PS: God forbid if the field is even remotely """artistic""" (architecture, "fine" arts, literature, etc.)

"GOD my parents r so fukin dumb!!1 they dont no nething about the wrld!!!!"

holy shit, is this a sensible comment? GET OUT NORMIE (but what about Saudi Arabia)

>Although they tend to consider themselves sophisticated, Passover Syndrome sufferers are fundamentally naïve. Fatally naïve. They encourage tribal identity among nonwhites and forbid it among whites, yet they fail to see how such a double standard works against any hope of eventual ethnic harmony. They fail to grasp that the day may never come when their childlike fantasies come true and people of all colors hold hands, sing protest songs, and gently melt together into a non-threatening shade of beige.

>It is said that a conservative is a liberal who’s been mugged, but in its advanced stages, Passover Syndrome appears to be incurable. Witness the white activist who moved to Haiti and suffered an all-night brutal rooftop raping at the hands of one of her black “brothers,” only to blame it on “the white patriarchy,” members of whom were suspiciously absent during her assault. Or observe the eagerness to excuse a recent anti-white bloodbath by framing it within a context of unsubstantiated allegations that the gunman had endured racist jokes at work.

>If a racial Doomsday ever comes in America, I doubt that the nonwhite marauders will ever draw fine distinctions between the “good” whites and the “bad” ones. I lived a half-block off Hollywood Boulevard during the 1992 L.A. riots, and I recall a member of rap group Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. being quoted as saying that the rioters should quit looting South-Central L.A. and instead burn down Beverly Hills—home of the exact record executives who finance anti-white albums by ingrates such as Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E.

>If a large-scale Day of Racial Reckoning ever comes, Passover Syndrome sufferers will find that when it comes to hating whites, nonwhites truly don’t discriminate. Rather than the sweet scent of compassion, those with the disorder emit the rancid smell of fear. If a real race war were ever to pop off in America, they’d be the first to perish.

>The only mystery is which side would kill them first.

My ancestors weren't immigrants. They were settlers and founders.

Ops dad is a retard, just like you.

our college wells are poisoned, plain and simple. either shut up, swallow the garbage and skirt thru four years and get your degree, or go insane by the shilling and brainwashing and dropout.

This is the same problem I've always had with academia. Being smart doesn't you're immune to political bias.
Go figure that this is the same people that get on their high horse saying "but look the educated majority voted for Clinton, while the unwashed masses voted for Drumpf"
These fuckers can't even separate political partisanship from basic academic values, and just become another echo chamber.

>Limbic System
Passover Syndrome’s most prominent behavioral feature consists of whites projecting historical blame onto other whites and hoping that nonwhites will see them as not-so-white for doing so. Just as the ancient Israelites smeared sacrificial lamb’s blood over their doorways in order to escape the Angel of God’s vengeance, these delusional Caucasians smear bright red anti-racist graffiti—or, in extreme cases, the literal blood of “rednecks” and any “right-wing white” who refuses to get with the program—over their doorways in the hope that when the Dark Angels finally come en masse seeking “justice,” they won’t accidentally notice that the people with the bright red anti-racist paint over their doorways also happen to be white.

What drives this syndrome is the delusion that collective historical ethnic guilt is a real thing rather than a pseudo-religious abstraction. Passover Syndrome’s sufferers tend to believe that all whites, by dint of skin color alone, are indelibly stained with guilt for unsurpassed historical atrocities and that their debt to nonwhites won’t be repaid until the very concept of “whiteness” ceases to exist—if not white people themselves.

>(but what about Saudi Arabia)
Do ex-Berniebros hate the Sauds? Seems like they should, but the left loves dat wahabiism

Virtually all PhD folks are idiots when it comes to real world problems. Liberal indoctrination is real.

That's argumentum ad populum with appeal to authority fallacy. So, yes, people in the academia often just use logic when they want.

it's because people want to believe that people are "good" your father isn't stupid, just naive

Liberalism is a disease

Idiot Leaf. Rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs.

yes, you know more than your dad who has 40 something years of world experience. dumb fuck

YOU are the one who lacks critical thinking and falls for easily debunked "arguments" and "stats" that indocrinated you into the Sup Forums hivemind

my father is a prof to and spend a lot of time with blacks and browns. he argues that the alinsky method is a valid way to get what you want, i argued that it perpetuates the complainers.

he is bluepilled to the max. those that were students in the 1970s are a wasted cause. they world they see is a different world from the world we experience. we can't understand the conditions of the society they were raised in and why they see things that way, just like they don't really understand the society we inhabit.

Trump's killing the H1B program today. Tell your father to Reeeeee at that.

Provide an alternative so we dont become "sheep". Otherwise, we end up on the fence like you. I will always enter the fray since I realize without opposition, the other faction(s) will proliferate unchecked.

PHD just means youre really good at doing what you are told to do and believing what you are told to believe

>My dad is a linguistics prof
>is a linguistics prof
>linguistics prof
>prof

your dad literally works under the thumb of Jews. you cannot redpill this

>smart enough to obtain a phd

Sit through 12 years of Marxist indoctrination.

Watch Clockwork Orange... now picture 12 years of that and that's what goes on in our universities.

>nignog detected

Tfw nearly anyone in recent history can get a phd if they go into enough debt

Could it be that Academia is bull shit? These self appointed intellects are incapable of critical thinking. It proves right then and there how smart they really are. They're basically telling you "I'm a retard."

Just like you COULD be pro-abortion and anti-gay marriage, and yet for some reason those ideas rarely travel together

>He started becoming irrate and honestly I'm disappointed at the lack of critical thinking that he shows when it comes to thinking about the downside of immigration policy. He literally believes that "liberals" can do no wrong and even though Obama has the same exact policy as Trump, he still thinks Trump - emphasis on Trump because he switches the convo focus back to him- is wrong about the "travel ban".

A lot of academics think that because they are experts in one area, that makes them significantly more knowledgeable than the average person in other areas as well. Of course, they will still defer to the experts in other fields in most cases, but many believe that by virtue of being a professor, they just know a lot more about many subjects, despite never having taken any classes in them.

Your dad probably is a cuckold who watches your mother take BBC.

Nicely put.

OP, your language and level of analysis show you to be a 14-15 yo memer. Your description of him is a disgraceful caricature. Have some respect for your father and remain silent until your testicles drop.

>The real question is, how is someone smart enough to obtain a phd but dumb enough to lack the critical thinking ability to understand that this is a dog eat dog world?
I dunno, ask 99% of current academia?

Education is synonymous with indoctrination, it's not about being smart. If anything people with IQ above 115 are the biggest idiots. They are too "open minded" to discount blatant falsehood, because being able to lecture a nuanced "akshuwally..." is so high status in intellectual circles. They can rationalize anything, convince themselves anything is true.

Just like how the young college leftists don't know better than their conservative parents

Right?

But wait, if this guy here is a righty and hes a dumbfuck who thinks he knows better than his lefty dad, and those college kids are leftys who are morons for thinking they've used "critical thinking" to learn more than their righty parents...wait...fuck...ugh

yeah i'm with you AUS. just tolerate your dad, let him attack you and don't escalate. you can't "fix" him anyways so why waste time