Is Buddhism the true redpilled religion Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

tipitaka.net/tipitaka/dhp/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Define "Sup Forums".

It's a philosophical and meditational system of mental and emotional discipline, not a religion. Except in the cases of where illiterate peasants absorbed it into their folk religions without actually having a clue about what Buddha was saying.

>not a religion
They believe in heavens, hells, miracles, reincarnation, ghosts, demons, and other spirits.

It's a religion, dawg.

Virtually only times Buddha spoke about such things was when he said that all that was just a distraction and that enlightenment was something you had to find within you through self-reflection. Yes, to those who believe in those things, it's a religion, as I said. But it's a religion with almost no relation to Buddha's teachings, and which has much more to do with Hinduism, as well as whatever local folk religions were present where it was introduced, such as Shintoism in Japan.

It's just a pagan cult, join Islam, the true religion.

the word, "a religion" is actually the uncontrollable movement in a crowd, your definition seems to stem from a low grade, crap education. Hinduism is a religious simplification, buddhism is a technique to abolish suffering.
Bong.
I don't know, but Vipassana Meditation helped me ascend alot of my issues with life and undo alot of the things in my past that used to bug me, tinitus gone, panic attacks gone, gave me a stern mindset and the ability to laugh at pretty much anything that would have bugged me before.
It made me a great bouncer, but also lazy and unable to care about petty things, such as hygene and status, which made my life harder, but damn if I'm not happier!

To be honest, I'm so sick of being filled with anger and hate over media hyped, polarising issues which I have no real understanding of let alone any control over.

I wish I could heal my mind with meditation and cultivate genuine compassion for all humans and rise above political stupidity.

But until the day arrives that I can get some control over my mind, I will be a hate filled, meme spammer with depression, anxiety and the attention span of a gnat.

there are different branches of Buddhism like any religion like said, most of that stuff the Buddha never actually talked about

It is

t. Theravada Buddhist

Gnosticism is the ultimate red-pill.

No, daoism is red pilled. That's why zen buddhism is the only worthwhile form of buddhism.

When taxes are too high,
people go hungry.
When the government is too intrusive,
people lose their spirit.

Act for the people's benefit.
Trust them; leave them alone.
- dao de jing chapter 75

Not so much, but reincarnation is the ultimate redpilled belief. You'll keep coming back to your nation and people for thousands of years, so you have every reason to build a nation to last thousands of years in this life.

"I don't think so, friend."

>when your religion is so shitty even Buddhists want to kill you.

Waiting for the day things get better means waiting a long time. Taking some smalls steps to improve can seriously help in the long run. Try a basic mindfulness breathing exercise, like is described here

Just reading the Dhammapada shows that those things are a major part of Buddhist thought, every Buddhist branch accepts that as part of the canon. The path to enlightenment is indeed something one has to do oneself, and can occur without all the specific teachings (Dhammapada 19-20), but that doesn't mean they're not part of Buddhist thought.

Not so fast Achmed

The face of a man who absolutely detests violence, but knows it's the only solution to the Muslim problem.

Forgot my pic.

No, if you're not a right-wing christian then you're a degenerate - according to Sup Forums

Buddha was originally about supreme masculinity and warding off temptresses for bramacharya purposes. You fags will likely never tap into kundalini and such, how does that feel? You are lower than animals arguing on a propaganda platform. Slaves.

No

And like all religions it was made by Aryans praise Mohammed corrupted by mongrels.

if you read recent neuroscience reports you'll realize buddha was right about everything.

I always thought he was a time traveler because all his teachings were correct based on the science reports.

One of the points he tried to make was that your mind is actually fooling itself into thinking there is a self, and the concept of self is just a the mental image you created through memories and exterior stimuli that can be easily discarded. If you know about how the brain operates based on current reports thats exactly true.

It even goes further saying your body isn't yours and has its own laws totally out of your control. He was right again, most of our bodies are totally out of our control, all we have is a conscious but that might even be a deterministic mechanism that runs on its own.

Nope, it's Sikhi.

>all equal, no difference in religion or caste
>all armed, women included
>no problem with using force when necessary; always well-trained militia
>no clergy
>few rules
>absolutes: don't kill female babies because they're female, don't eat hallal or kosher meat, don't drink
>no empty rituals, pilgrimages, superstitions
>you're responsible for you and your actions; don't blame anything else like a pussy

Waheguru.

What should I read if I want the "purest" teachings of the buddha without any of the folklore that was added throughout the years?

>>all equal, no difference in religion or caste
Stopped there

Sup Forums poll

What The Buddha Taught is a good introduction by a Buddhist monk.

After that, the Sutta Pitaka is what you want, which is a collection of the Buddha's teachings and is common across all branches of Buddhism. The Dhammapada is probably the most popular book from it, here's a translation with commentary - tipitaka.net/tipitaka/dhp/index.php

yes

> Not being an unironic Kekists.

All of you disappoint me.

They aren't and weren't part of Buddhist thought, they're part of the everyday life around them. Buddha spoke to people who believed in all that. Maybe he even did believe it himself, but regardless of that he said that all that shit wasn't important, on the contrary he said that caring about the supernatural and gods and politics and such was only a source of suffering.

No, he's just an example of someone who's taken the name of Buddha and his teachings and then went on to completely ignore them when he wants to, as he's not enlightened and therefore per definition not able to kill his desires or attachments. If you read about Zen Buddhist history you will find plenty of monks who pray to gods, temples that act as sanctuaries for monk-led banditry, you'll find monks who partake in warfare and all kinds of nonsense that has nothing to do with Buddhist teachings.

>Maybe he even did believe it himself, but regardless of that he said that all that shit wasn't important, on the contrary he said that caring about the supernatural and gods and politics and such was only a source of suffering.
You are correct, we're in agreement on that. Ultimately you don't need to worry about those things but the Buddha certainly discussed them and thus they are a part of Buddhism.

True Buddhism is not a religion
The Buddha religions that came after are bastardizations

>Buddha said to never defend yourself

wrong

This is why it's pointless to create teachings. People will just integrate it into preexisting paradigm until all of your original ideas are thoroughly mixed with shit. This is Hinduism, it preceded Buddha by thousands of years.

There have been many Buddhas through history, Jesus even was a Buddha.

The most enlightened Buddha however is the One inside us all, the eternal, what christians often call "god".

>not a religion

Literally only whites with yellow fever believe this. I suppose you think Japan is a "non-religious country" too

He said never to kill.

Nope, Hinduism is

>if you kill your enemy's they win

>The buddha
Don't show source

I call it bullshit

>Buddhism not a religion
Swedish education

No, Japan is a superstitious country with an uncertainly dated Chan Buddhism that mixed with Shintoism and other already present traditions. Nowhere in any well-regarded text or tradition does Buddha suggest that gods or anything of the sort are important or exist as anything but something that can lead to suffering. That there are so many religious Buddhists is a result of widespread persecution of Buddhists and mixing with folk religion through its long long history.

>It's a philosophical and meditational system of mental and emotional discipline

It is this but it's also a religion

It's about the least religiony of the religions though

Nope.
Its the Pic related

>Sikhi
It's just another offshoot of the great vedic aryadharma.

You can think what you want of Trudeau and draw whatever parallels to Buddhism you like, Buddha said not to kill. Not people, not wild beasts, not fish, not insects.
It's the first precept for pursuing a virtuous life.

No, because "redpill" is an illusory concept that prevents access to the present moment and creates more suffering for yourself and others.

t. Buddha

Its more cucked than christianity. And thats an accomplishment.

Depends on the "brand" of Buddhism, but you're not wrong.