White Privilege Essay Draws Controversy

fox61.com/2017/01/31/white-privilege-essay-contest-whips-up-controversy-in-westport/

As the nation faces historic social shifts relating to race and identity, young people will find themselves at the crossroads of a different America. In order to increase awareness, foster understanding and promote understanding in this arena, TEAM Westport and The Westport Library are co-sponsoring the fourth annual Teen Diversity Essay Contest for students in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 who attend Staples High School or another school in Westport, or reside in Westport and attend school elsewhere.

The focus of this fourth essay contest is the issue of ‘white privilege,’ which surfaced as a topic during the recent presidential election. This year’s invitation states, “In 1,000 words or less, describe how you understand the term ‘white privilege’. To what extent do you think this privilege exists? What impact do you think it has had in your life—whatever your racial or ethnic identity—and in our society more broadly?”

Other urls found in this thread:

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308?snl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308?snl=1

White privilege is just supposed to make whites feel guilty of being technologically and militarily superior to the rest the world.

>bad white man
>your achievements were made on the backs of lesser beings

Well try being not shit?

essay contest for white privilege started by towns diversity guy a fucking black guy likely handed a cush job because he's black

How about submissions that debunk or criticizes the concept of 'white privilege'? How would that be received?

How do you think?

>essay
>less than 1,000 words

our niggered down education system at work here

This is literally the definition of priviledge

This cultural and technological advance is priviledge, and if genetic differences had a play in it, it's priviledge too

these people are just too stupid to realise what priviledge they are talking about

I wonder if the essays from kids who will write that white privilege is total horse shit have any chance of winning.

White privilege is implicit bias in whites causing them to better relate to and trust white people.

Black privilege is implicit bias in blacks causing them to better relate to and trust black people.

Jewish privilege is implicit bias in Jews causing them to better relate to and trust Jews.

See a pattern?

The teachers are going to assault the parents?

Whites need to start dragging these race traitors out of their homes and publicly making an example of them. But they aren't. Because whites are a race of beta cucks who deserve what's happening. It's infuriating that I hate my own skin color these days.

but how DO you reference a webpage with no listed author?

>I wonder if the essays from kids who will write that white privilege is total horse shit have any chance of winning.
Why wonder when you know the answer is "no"?

Anyone who isn't born with some defect on their limbs is privileged over those that are. But so what? It has nothing to do with a social structure imposed from above, which is essential what 'white privilege' is about.

>As the nation faces historic social shifts relating to race and identity

According to who, the lügenpresse? Fuck off. What is with (((journalists))) and their unceasing desire to incite conflict and unrest? Fucking execute these people, enough is enough.

Thats why. Rhetorical wondering.

I always used to write essays contrary to what they wanted to read (i.e. I'd go full "global warming is not a real issue when it comes to the planet, since Earth has outlived much worse catastrophes and will continue to do so after we're gone" on essays titled "what can we do to stop climate change") so if I was in high school in the US today I'd be having a blast.

Reminds me of old Civilization games.
"You have better weapons than us! Give them to us or we'll attack you with sticks!"

remember when privileges were about social class ? lol what a time it was back in the day

Do these essay contests actually verify the identity of the people who submit to them? We could write an essay exposing the concept for the made up bullshit that it is and suggest holding people to the same standard no matter what as an alternative to thinking about this meaningless drivel.