/UG/ Ukraine General

...Anonymous (ID: pDFas56W)
/UG/ - Ukraine General - Twin (...)
01/31/17(Tue)09:36:56 No.110262375
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Up to a 100 people dead, soldiers and civilians in intense clashes at the "grey zone" separating Kiev forces from the DNR/LNR armies.

Ukrainian army, nervous of fading Western support launch a new "creeping offensive" near Avdeevka. Much death and destruction ensued, and some say the fighting is just starting.

>Anxious Ukraine Risks Escalation In 'Creeping Offensive'
>The way Ukrainian commander Vyacheslav "Eagle-Owl" Vlasenko described it, his troops snuck into this rustic town of 4,000 people in broad daylight and took it -- and a valuable pig farm -- without firing a shot.
>"They figured out what had happened at 8:45 p.m. and began firing artillery, striking near our defensive positions on the east side of the pig farm."
>Observers say the Ukrainians appear to be trying to create new facts on the ground, while officials and commanders insist they are fighting to stop the flow of contraband into separatist-controlled territories and fending off attempts by separatist groups that call themselves the Donetsk and Luhansk "people's republics" to seize more territory.
>Back in Novoluhanske, the 46th battalion's Vlasenko boasted that if politicians couldn't bring an end to the war, his soldiers could recapture the occupied territories by force "and be at the border with Russia in around six months."

rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-creeping-offensive-escalation-fighting/28268104.html

Map: liveuamap.com

>UPDATE: OSCE MEETING STATEMENT BY THE U.S. --> twitter.com/usosce/status/826462911694569473

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVD_b0zU2Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-VWEeSODg
youtube.com/watch?v=mVxb-CAJy8M
twitter.com/anderssamuelsen/status/826417390699286528/video/1
twitter.com/666_mancer/status/826453915948421121/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=C_7CdNm8Oao
twitter.com/i/web/status/826462267256532993
twitter.com/lifenews_ru/status/826473805300322305/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5twyG1Erg
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not happening

Reminder Novorossiya is white and based

Get off proxy, Vanya.

> the soldiers are great, just the commanders are shit
I think that we all know that the hohols have some NATO military advisers.

The hohols hate their government. Would you want to die for a fucking rich oligarch? Just to conquer some land with Russian civilians that you hate? Or should they fight for the EU? The EU who betrayed them?
I can totally understand that they are shitty. No soldier could be strong in such an envrionment.

Shouting some stupid cringy Nazi things and posing in front of a swastika don't make them brave.

we can hope

old thread link

This is total trash. What could possibly be gained by a new offensive like that? Russia already has the needed leverage to stop NATO expansion etc with the two breakaway republics that currently exists. Anything more would bring no additional political benefits.

Remember that war is simply the continuation of politics by other means. If there is nothing in it for them politically then it's not happening. They're also trying to work with Trump now so it would be a massive case of shooting yourself in the foot and helping the ukropoors rally effective Western support again.

Ukraine will just destroy themself even worse than they were

reposting all the footage there is so far

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-VWEeSODg

youtube.com/watch?v=mVxb-CAJy8M

twitter.com/anderssamuelsen/status/826417390699286528/video/1

twitter.com/666_mancer/status/826453915948421121/video/1

youtube.com/watch?v=C_7CdNm8Oao

twitter.com/i/web/status/826462267256532993

twitter.com/lifenews_ru/status/826473805300322305/video/1

it would be like the georgian war, a response to a ukrainian offensive. What could be gained is the following

>additional pieces of the russian military-industrial supply chain that were located in eastern ukraine

>guaranteed collapse of ukraine due to lacking the industrial &tax base to repay IMF loans

>depending on how things go, possible government replacement or land route to crimea

>at minimum ukrainian government is broken and subservient

if ukraine won't let the status quo stand, i doubt they'll hesitate to turn a stalemate into a victory

How are the offensives going?
Are the NAF winning?

nth for Ukrainian (((right-wing))) that definetly isn't controlled oppposition

300 000 Soviet soldiers preparing to enter Ukraine.

Kiev is target . They are aiming for capitulation of Kiev regime within a week.

No meme responses please

right now ukraine advanced into neutral territory near adivka and NAF responded by shelling the crap out if everything all along the front line, including cutting power to adivka so hohols new positions are quite cold

>it would be like the georgian war
The Gerogians were fucking idiots, they invaded Russian land and were the clear aggressor. They gave the Russians a reason. As long as the Hohols aren't stupid idiots and stay on (Ex-)Ukrainian land, nothing will happen.

>guaranteed collapse of ukraine due to lacking the industrial &tax base to repay IMF loans
This will happen for sure sooner or later. The russians don't need to do anything for it. The Ukraine isn't stable at all and is Africa-tier now. The EU betrayed them and they can't join NATO.

And because of that, your last two things with:
>depending on how things go, possible government replacement or land route to crimea
and
>at minimum ukrainian government is broken and subservient
will happen anyway. I mean, even the idiot Saakashvili tried to topple Poroshenko.

/sg/ please

>The Gerogians were fucking idiots, they invaded Russian land and were the clear aggressor.

the georgians attacked russian peacekeepers in georgian separatist regions, not russian territory

>This will happen for sure sooner or later.
and if hohols won't accept the status quo a russian response will make it happen much sooner

ayy lmao

Just a little shooting going on with a few dead soldiers. But nothing major at the moment. The frontline doesn't change.

People in this thread are just talking about what maybe will happen in the future.

the current escalation is a big increase from the last 6 months or so. I think hohols are reporting a few dozen kia+wia. NAF, of course, isn't reporting shit.

>NAF, of course, isn't reporting shit.

KEK I don't think anyone is expecting rysskies to ever accurately report casualties. It's always a guessing game

>and if hohols won't accept the status quo a russian response will make it happen much sooner
I agree, but i don't think that hohols are this stupid.
The Status Quo is great for Russia — Even if the seperatists lose half of their territory, it's still a good deal for Russia. The hohols would need to do some real major shit to provoke an Russian intervention.

I think that the hohols just attack to have some reasons for the EU to keep sanctions against Russia.

>Ceмeнiвкa
>Semen City

Disgusting

reporting with fresh footage of Russian guys tired of killing ukrops and resting

>and a valuable pig farm

Jesus fuck Ukrop army plundering it's own lands; how sad and revealing is that ?

>гopa Кapaчyн
>Roach Mount
Ultra-Disgusting

I'm pretty sure that if separatists lose any territory, russia will pull the trigger on a new offensive

First, they're very much into game theoretical overwhelming tit-for-tat style responses and are not going to be keen on letting the NATO/hohols test them

second, there will be a domestic call for response if the separatists lose any territory

third, the current geographical boundaries of DNR/LNR tend to follow rivers etc that make the territory easier/cheaper to defend. Any loses would increase the cost of defense on the long term, and russia tends to look at its warfare as an investment. In the face of losses that could reduce the return on investment, in response expanding the territorial control in some areas could make it easier to defend and thus cheaper in the long run. (the central area just outside donetsk is the main area that lacks geography which contributes to defense)

Shelling of Donetsk

youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5twyG1Erg

SO whats happening ,all day shelling ,no infantry action?