What's the difference between a neo-liberal and a classical liberal?

What's the difference between a neo-liberal and a classical liberal?

classical liberals are similar to modern libertarians. Think the founding fathers and most US presidents in the 1800's.

neo-liberals are just straight up fucking commies...

A classical liberal is what's created the United states of america

A neo liberal is what's destroying the United states of america

Classical liberals wore powdered wigs and made profound intellectual observations which reshaped the relationship between the government and the governed.

Neo-liberals wear giant cocks and vaginas for a hat, mistaking profoundly asinine behavior and vulgarity for making a point.

>neo-liberals are just straight up fucking commies...

Surely they're the opposite? Pro-free trade/economic deregulation and globalization?

A neo-liberal is a moderate that hates Bush but agree with his policies
A classical liberal is a leftist that jacks off to John Locke and Rousseau and apposes to pc shit

Classical liberals are faggots who don't want to admit that their ideology has changed and want to pretend that they're not right wing because they don't believe in God or whatever it is about them that they think is incompatible with conservatism. They're reddit tier up their own ass moderates who want to feel superior to both sides of the political spectrum.

Just to add clarification to the OP, I'm looking more towards the economics side of it.

Economically, aren't Classical Liberals and Neo-Liberals practically the same?

what the fuck are you smoking? neo-liberals are democrats and SJWs

unless I'm mistaking what you're calling neo-liberal for what liberals are today?

look up neoliberalism on wikipedia, 'liberals' today aren't neoliberals

Neo-liberalism is defined as:

>neo-liberal
adjective
adjective: neo-liberal; adjective: neoliberal

relating to or denoting a modified form of liberalism tending to favour free-market capitalism.

I've heard Neo-Liberal used a LOT in relation to things like TPP, NAFTA, the common market etc.

Ronald Reagan was a commie?

>Classical liberal
>leftist
Time to read a book faggot.

Classical liberals believe in individual civil liberties especially free speech and the marketplace of ideas.

Modern liberals believe in groupthink, identity politics, and censorship based on moral outrage.

Neo-liberalism and classical liberalism are incredibly similar. They both emphasize:

a) Free markets
b) Democracy or similar
c) Minimal government in both the economic and social spheres

Neo-liberalism's a pejorative, though. No one proudly calls themselves a neo-liberal.

Modern liberals aren't neo-liberals.

Neoliberals = Cuckservatives

welp, fuck with with a dildo and call me sally. First time I've really seen the term so I just figured it was in refference to modern libs since neo-conservative is basically what cuckservatives are so

The founding fathers supported gay marriage, prostitution, legalization of all drugs and unrestricted immigration? Gee didnt know that 2bh, thanks for sharing

>neo-liberals are just straight up fucking commies
so much this

for them, liberal is defined as "give me your money"

Serious reply:
I think classical liberals contained the open society within the boundaries of the state. This arrangement arises from the implicit social contract between a body of people and their state.
Neo-liberals believe the social contract (well, democracy and free markets actually) are not secure until they spread to all states. Their theory is based in empirical social science, rooted in mathematics and rational choice theory.
Classical liberals had nascent elements of that too, but they were really wedded to this idea of natural rights, while neo-liberals male appeals to the human rights regime.
But I'm not sure if it's that clear cut because so many classical liberals, and more generally the men of the enlightenment, were at their core cosmopolitan humanists.

neo-liberal is a false meme like alt-right

Was Bowie redpilled?

Idk. He was practically a tranny though.

He came out in support of fascism for the UK, recieved massive backlash, apologized then later went on to stay out of politics for the rest of his life.

Make of that what you will.

People who are make Youtube videos call themselves "classical liberals", in order to they seem less hypocrites then any other liberals. Also, for avoid to be called right wings, because that means demonetizations or ban for them.

Isn't David bowie a fascist?

Yes I remembered correctly.
The dude saw his money pot and went for it.

he was supported by a lot of trotskyites

The worst blue pill of all is bending the knee when your beliefs are opposed by the masses.

Bowie was living in his own world - like Liberals.