Am I the only one that feels that the banning of muslims from those countries is an action that Trump should EXPECT to...

Am I the only one that feels that the banning of muslims from those countries is an action that Trump should EXPECT to have tremendous liberal resistance so he probably shouldn't have done it so early on. Did he mishandle this?

It was a distraction.

These are the same people who were crying the second he started running. Their tears are inconsequential.

This

for what?

no. The liberal resistance is good for our side. The fucking people are all up in arms over simple common sense policies. This will fracture and polarize the country more and redpill more people.

From?

>Did he mishandle this?
That depends on what is actual strategy is.

Absolutely any proposal he put out would have been shat upon. Maybe he wanted to put something crazy out and then reel it bakc to a normal level.

Maybe he wanted to expose people hostile to his plans?

I have to honestly say I have no clue what his goal was. But it's a very politically expensive move.

Maybe now isn't the most politically expedient time, but I think what you are suggesting assumes that liberals' opinions of Trump will improve - which they probably will, but still. If they don't, he might have set him up for even stiffer opposition down the line had he waited. Also, if the aim of the ban is truly to protect people, then it makes more sense to try and institute it now than to wait for however long and leave a potential avenue of attack wide open in the meanwhile.

No in fact it only more clearly defined his opposition, they exposed themselves and he is taking names.

If Trump were to say, extend his visa ban and stop more muslim resettlement and migration here, the best thing to do is to exhaust the opposition early and often.

That way down the road he can just extend it or put in place things that make it very difficult for people in muslim countries to get in. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually starts deporting refugees back to their own countries in a year or so. refugees are not supposed to be permenant residents.

Yes he mishandled it.

>None of the countries banned have ever had radical Islamic terrorists attack Americans
>Potentially violates the Immigration and Nationality Act
>Trump has said that Christian refugees will take priority, which he legally cannot do (and it's not even in the Order)
>Banning all refugees for 4 months hurts Christians, as well as foreign interpreters, will radicalize moderate Muslims
>Order creators don't even know what the fuck the order is about (Spicer saying in the same interview that it does not effect green cards, then saying it absolutely effects green cards)

Regardless of whether or not you support significantly reducing immigration, the executive order is poorly worded, implemented, and generally thought out. Even far-right conversative think-tanks are saying that this is going to be detrimental to American safety and security, both domestically and abroad.

the release of your mums sex tape m8

Ever seen a guy win a fight?

Confirmation hearings.
The wall
Huge reigning in of H1-B visa program
Executive orders dealing with repeal of regulations
etc etc etc

Trump's strategy is the political equivalent of 'swarming' in boxing. The idea is to apply constant pressure to your opponents, delivering a flurry of small, but painful hits. Your opponent is so busy being on the defensive that they can't exhaust themselves and are then open to bigger finishing blows.

In his first twelve days, Trump's made a ton of small executive orders, all of which liberals have gotten outraged at every single one.

Normal people, even a lot of liberals, are already showing evidence of 'outrage fatigue'. By the time Summer rolls around the left will be so fucking exhausted of being outraged that many will give up.

Then Trump will be free to start making BIG changes.

>*can't react, and exhaust themselves

Leftists work on motivation strictly. They have no discipline. Their energy will wane, and Trump will out endure them.

>boxing
>like politics
um

You cannot ever placate libshits.
It doesn't matter what you do — if you are white cis-het male, you are already oppressing them by just existing. Only cuckservatives ever give a fuck whether libshits will be triggered by something or not, everyone else just plows forward regardless.

>bigger finishing blows.

What are his finishing blows?

Provoking his political enemies into fits of autistic screeching to further alienate the mainstream from them is what Trump does best.

Two thirds of likely voters support the misdescribed "muslim ban", so the bigger the protests against it, the more those who align with the protesters lose electoral capital.

Imaging going into midterm elections with Democrats having spent two years screaming loudly against policies that two-thirds of the voter base are solidly behind.

isnt the ban just 90 days?
didnt obama ban muslims from some shithole for 6 months or so?

He said he was going to do it on the first day and gave you faggots an extra week. Next time don't promote a criminal and you might win.

>implying Trump gives a fuck about liberal feelings.

That he did, and I believe it is his constitutional right to do so of he feels America is in danger.

Aside from that, it's a pretty good trick. It got the left to demonstrate how they really are even more blatantly, and other countries are vowing to take more in so then it's their problem and not ours.

Nobody believes me, but I think this is all leading up to a full Trump takeover of the US government. He has the military and police support and he's been purging dissenters within the government and replacing them with politically reliable appointees. All he needs is to trigger the libs into blowing something up or setting something on fire and then he'll have an excuse to go full order 66.

I believe you.
>tfw still voted for him because this is more interesting than the status quo was

There's a bunch, but the five I suspect will have the biggest impact and will encoutner the most resistance are going to be:
1) Building the Wall
2) Repealing or reforming the Hart–Celler Act
3) Auditing and abolishing the Federal Reserve
4) Dissolving NATO and creating a new military alliance
5) Congressional term limits and lobbying restrictions

>3) Auditing and abolishing the Federal Reserve