Atheist

>atheist
>morals

Choose one

> Sup Forums
> morals
literally the only morals Sup Forums has is the well-being of western civilization.

You need god to tell you to not steal and kill and be a shitty person?

Sounds pretty weak-willed, breh.

Why not steal and kill then?

Because that would make me no better than a nigger. I don't need something to fear in order to abide by that.

atheist.
Morals are subjective, you would not know what you'd get which makes it a meaningless choice.

What does this have to do with politics?

Just why did you post this? You know, just because it's Sup Forums doesn't mean you should post any kind of shitpost thread.

Niggers are the first ones to go bitching about muh human rights

I don't need the promise of eternal damnation or reward to motivate me to be good. The satisfaction in adhering to my own values is reward enough.

Material wealth, status, sex, all these things are worthless and out of our control. The only thing you truly have control over is your own character.

Just because I am moral doesn't mean I can just tell myself that I believe in something I don't.

Who says you are moral?

So?
In a godless world there's no reason to judge nuggets for nigging anymore so than there's reason to judge tigers for being tigers.

Your unwillingness live up to the red in tooth and claw demands of the natural world are entirely on you, and no one will remember or applaud your stance on the "moral high ground" after you're gone.

Well said.

I'm christian but this is a dumb "argument". Even animals help eachother out.

The bible literally says how god loves those who help their fellow human beings but never heard of him more then those who read the holy book and call themselves "believers" but dont act in a christian way.

If you only do good deed because you are afraid of god then you are missing a huge part of christianity.

The issue isn't people only doing God put of fear of divine punishment. The issue is that without God there is no objective standard for good in the first place, and everything reverts back to morality of convenience.

>Choose one
I pick Atheist since it comes with moral responsibility inherent.

What are atheist morals?
Where do they come from?

Doing something because you want into heaven or are scared of hell is way less altruistic than doing it for the good of society, or the sheer joy of it.

If you eat pork, your morals don't come from the bible they come from you. And if you claim to be driven by biblical ethics while in reality being driven by your own you're a hypocrite.

Empathy/The Golden rule.

egalitarian nonsense

There's lots of verses from the Bible on which to base an argument that it's possible for atheists to be moral: common grace, made in the Image of God, etc.

Those arguments aren't available to atheists.

I do. I respect and agree with christian morals but I cannot just tell my brain that I believe in a god. Therefore, I am not christian. Black-and-white-mentality fucks are the worst.

>atheist and moral
>theist and immoral
>Choose one
Fixed it!

Unlike theists, atheists don't have others tell them what good morals are but they have to deduct it on their own. So atheists are the only one with honest morals. Not like the fragile theists whose morals are based on faith and greed for a reward in the afterlife or some other shit.

>1 post by this ID
sage

also

So is the concept of the soul.

No more nonsense that the scribblings of delirious sandniggers

>Unlike theists, atheists don't have others tell them what good morals are but they have to deduct it on their own
So they can be whatever they want

> I respect and agree with christian morals
why?

please explain human consciousness
And?
They only have value if you believe in them

>What are atheist morals?
Men craft morals to live by

>Where do they come from?
Moral come from men. But then men have to fabricate gods to enforce the morals.

"With God, everything is permitted"

I follow a common ethic and don't buy into the racial identity snake oil this site sells.

The common faith in humanity and doesn is the one true objective way- all others are unworldly and a threat to the collective success of the human species.

Simple, because I would not want someone to kill me or steal from me.

I dont need king jew telling me how to treat other fellow earthlings

I'm not a neurologist.

>without God there is no objective standard for good in the first place
What makes God good in the first place

>Simple, because I would not want someone to kill me or steal from me.
not killing and stealing does not necessarily protect you
Traditionally the group in power wouldn't need to extend protections to outsiders

"Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

>So they can be whatever they want
No.

>falling for the religionJew
Atheists have more morals than any religitard does.

DAILY REMINDER THAT RELIGION IS THE MOST BLUEPILLED NORMIE SHIT AROUND.

Because those acts create anger and resentment and eventually lead to retribution. And of course me and mine will retaliate. Once this cycle gets going functioning society becomes difficult or impossible. From a selfish standpoint I I'm better off long term if I do not steal and kill and If I am surrounded by others who think and therefore act the same way.

>thinking neurology can explain human consciousness

Religious ""people"" follow any moral and ethical standards only due to being forced to do so by authority. Since they cannot do on their own... they aren't even people, but belong into gas chamber.

>I don' t need religion to fave morals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>western society now

Pick your poison, fag.

So is morality objective

I want to mark her face with me seed.

>god protects me

Plenty of christians get btfo every day

I treat all species as well as id like to be treated its that simple.

If you need the threat of a magical skywizard to be a good person your a shitty person.

you'd need to define consciousness first

>Because those acts create anger and resentment and eventually lead to retribution. And of course me and mine will retaliate.
Or just genocide your enemies

If your only reason for having morals is the prospect of being rewarded/punished for your actions, I doubt your god is sending you anywhere nice. I try to be a good person out of principle. I act in ways I would want others to act; I judge myself by my own standards.
Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I can't learn a thing or two from scripture. Jesus was a bro.

>>god protects me
Where did I say that
That I am personally aware

Kantianism

>evolution is correct because scientists told me so
>the big bang happened because scientists told me so
If we really came from monkeys that's strange because umm there are a lot of monkeys still around. Are those the stupid ones? Creationism is just as viable of an explanation.

Drugs/trauma/disease says that they do.

Im a nihilist but i still follow the seven deadly sins as a construct

UGLY
G
L
Y

that's not an exclusively human trait

Also, humans are fallible that's why we need God to direct us because without him we'd just be taking directions from monkeys as you "scientists" would put it.

>that's not an exclusively human trait
How do you know?
How can you show anyone other than yourself is actually aware?

better and worse are subjective. Only your personal opinion and what others will do to you will define good and bad for you.

came from the same place as monkeys, big difference

Atheists BTFO forever

Empathy

The ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and not want to harm them because you wouldnt want it done to you. That's what separates us from the niggers.

What do you mean "same place"?

People are responsible for their own morals. In that way it's objective. Theists just try to pretend that they are not.

>The issue is that without God there is no objective standard for good in the first place
Theists lie and claim there's gods
Then theists lie and claim their phony gods invented morals
Then theists lie and claim those subjective, man-made morals are - get this -"objective"

When will theists stop lying?
Gott Mit Uns

>That's what separates us from the niggers.
What are you talking about
They are the first ones to complain about how they are oppressed

>the big bang happened because scientists told me so
No? It's just a common theory?

Underrated post m8.

Divine mandate is shit morality, because that means that morality is arbitrary and suits what the theological actor finds convenient at the time.

If God/a god is good, then they must be good because that is what is good in the sense of Plato's conception of a universal Good, and not just because that's what they like. Thus, an atheist can be moral if they deduce/arrive at/otherwise follow a moral system that is in line (if religiosity is considered a moral imperative, then just mostly in line) with the Good that God/a god stands for.

this is like philosophy 101 shit; OP is a tard, etc.

>morals, gay cultural artifacts
>ethics, rationally deduced templates for society

Pick one you mouthbreather.

Yeah but that's a lot of work and I'm lazy.

I guess i didnt understand your comment then.

I dont treat others well because I expect shit im return or for "positive karma". Thats another form on made up religion.

I do it beause I believe overall people dont mean harm to others, we just become violent and thieves due to social settings, if enough people act right, eventually it "infects" everybody in society and so overall most people dont steal and kill. "Pass it forward" if you will

It naive, I know but its my moral reasoning. Its no less naive than doing good because youre affraid of burning in hell, this magical place god somehow doesnt control, and if he does control it, then he is an asshole for having it in the 1st place.

Yeah just like evolution is a theory yet scientists want to complain that their theories are facts. Why do they get this special privilege?

>people still believe if they eat stale bread, drink cheap wine, and sing bad songs they'll spend forever in a vacuum in time with a middle eastern carpenter when they die
>do this gives them the moral high ground somehow

>So they can be whatever they want
Yes. But if your values are incompatible with mine (and those of the general society) you will quickly find yourself alone in the cold.
Atheist morals work from a principle of doing right by your fellow man, ostensibly because there's an expectation that they'll do the same (known as the golden rule), but likely just because that was evolutionarily selected for. Societies where everyone screws each other over don't tend to be very successful. (see: Africa)

Your morals aren't inherently any less subjective than mine, by the way. You just think that because you got them from a 2000 year old book that yours are special. Guess what, there are a fair amount of other books just like it that preach different morals, and all claim to have the same author. What makes yours special?

have you ever seen a dog respond to a command? that's proof of different degrees of awareness and dog' like humans, aren't subject to exceptionalism.

I mean you and your cousins came from the same grandparents, you aren't descendant from your cousins. Humans and monkeys have a common ancestor, but we aren't descendants.

>Christians
>post on Sup Forums

*sips fedora*

good and bad are subjective. It depends on what you believe is good character.

I'm a Christian but this is stupid. People can think God exists but still not go around raping and pillaging. The argument is that they have no reason not to. Fedora tippers on here always say "HOW ABOUT JUST BEING A GOOD PERSON xD *tips fedora" without realizing that on their worldview they get nothing more than moral relativism which justifies gulags and killing fields and so on.

inb4 communism. The justification for the atrocities stems from never having to face justice for their crimes via atheism.

>basing morality on faith instead of reason

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Lmao they complain because they know it will get them free shit.

>Why do they get this special privilege?
Maybe because they usually bring in results like the electronic device you're shitposting on.

*think God does not exist

Morals don't exist, only power.

Was it atheists that oppressed them? Or was it good Christians with proper "morals"

False. That's called the priority. But even that is secondary to the dotr, justice, beauty... Those follow.

Reminder that you can't be a race realist if you deny evolution and the mountains of evidence used to support it.

Yes. And you do too. Atheists have no ow morals. They just follow the morals of the majority group. Atheists in chrisian countries follow chrisian morals, atheists in India follow hindu morals, atheists in china follow chinese morals, atheists in saudi arabia follow muslim morals, atheists in an african tribe follow african tribe morals. They reject the belief of the their society but follow their morals, not realizing their actions are illogical and unfounded and they are just hollow beings that just behave as their behaviour dictates them.

Everything you call "western values" has it's root in christianity.

Go back to Sup Forums

stop replying to these threads
it's just a copypaste troll

Really preaching to the choir here.
The only people triggered by this are shils and plebbitfags

>Atheists in chrisian countries follow chrisian morals
Explain fags :^)

You're a worthless shitty person if you need a religion to be moral

Got it backwards.

It's not about raping and pillaging, but living a non-degenerate life, living for others, your nation and your descendants, improving yourself and finding your place in God's world. Ergo, not being a nihilist hedonist

Morals came before any religion. yw

They conform to their respective societal norms. They lack a few factors, like responsibility, duty, goals, but largely they follow the morals of the religion.

Bible: Don't kill people or steal from them.

Atheist: That does seem like a decent way to live, ancient Jews.
Theist: I would rather kill and be killed, steal and be stolen from, and so on, but God's word is law so I agree not to.

>have you ever seen a dog respond to a command? that's proof of different degrees of awareness and dog' like humans,
No its not
I have seen a calculator respond to a command
Does that make in aware?

>Kissing Muslim feet.
>Not degenerate.

and they were not constant