Trump to announce his supreme court nominee

>Trump to announce his supreme court nominee
>Democrats vow to block it
THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO IT IS AND THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO BLOCK IT LOL.
That's the logic of these fucking morons. Anyone he nominates or anything he will do is DOA to them.
Hmm...no wonder they lost the House, Congress, Senate, PRESIDENCY and soon SUPREME COURT.

bump

It doesn't matter, because the GOP controls the Senate.

McConnell should invoke the nuclear option (thanks Harry Reid). Problem solved.

I think they need 60 votes in the senate for a supreme court appointment approval.

in their defense i would expect conservatives to do the same if Hillary had won, only need like 6 dems to flip should be relatively easy, also trump may have planned for this and assumes his first pick will not get a pass, so his real pick may be next, at which point the dems would have exhausted any political capital they have left.

you are correct, 60 votes is needed.

No, the nuclear option works for SCOTUS picks as well.

No, they just need a simple majority.

A filibuster isn't the be-all, end-all. It just means that the Senate has to listen to several hours of bullshit. It takes 60 votes to end a filibuster, but otherwise they just need to wait it out.

wow
just like the months the Reps spent trying to keep Obama from appointing one

>>Democrats vow to block it

There's nothing they can do. We have the majority in the house and the senate.

Not that simple actually because the dems left a filibuster measure when it came to choosing supreme court nominees so if the dems wanted, they could effectively block Trump's choice for Supreme Court but since Trump has four years in office compared to Obama's one at the time, blocking for four years would be stupid/

To be fair, the Republicans did the same thing when Democrats held the reins

>THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO IT IS AND THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO BLOCK IT LOL.
Conservatives did literally this at the end of Obama's term
It's just politics as usual

>Obama anounces Supreme Court nominee
>Republicunts violate the Constitution by forcing a wait until Trump will appoint

Kek.

>the months
That's the difference, faggot.

I AM THE SENATE.

>Republicunts violate the Constitution

Wrong

Blame Biden. It was Joe Biden who set up the no SCOTUS picks in an election year.

Constitution says President needs congressional approval for any appointees.

Reading is hard

>Republifags spend months blocking moderate obama nominee
>op rwarrrrrwaglefop libtard not support muh god empor!!!!

Seriously op, enough with the fake outrage.

I called him a kike in a group chat and (((convinced))) the others to kick me from it

Blocking a nominee appointment isn't unconstitutional. The President can choose the Senate still has to approve, and no, the wording doesn't imply that the Senate has to approve automatically in favor of the choice. Democrats wanted to shame Republicans into caving in but it didn't work.

>dems vow to block who ever trump nominates
>trump nominates barak obama
>trolled super hard as he walks off stage to never come down

>Obama anounces Supreme Court nominee

Only after his cronies MURDERED Judge Scalia.

kek

Trump supporters are the cringiest fucking crybabies ever.

>Only after his cronies MURDERED Judge Scalia.

>Democrats vow to block it
lol basically next to impossible unless several R's are against it

so how many months has Trump been trying to appoint one now?
oh right 0
get back to me when its even close and Trumptards are acting like cry babies like the Dems
fuck everyone from both sides, we need a legit 3rd party

Butt hurt libtard detected

Trump won't have to wait months. His appointments are going to be approved quickly because of the Republican majority.

My point is Obama only had months left in office.
What's their plan, to block a SCOTUS appointment for 4 years?

How can the American communist party block him? The republicans have the majority

I heard it doesn't apply to Supreme Court noms.

Top fucking Kek.

>Abortion

It's going away.

>Gay marriage

Nuh uh. It's over.

>Legal Weed

Forget about it. That shit is done.

Feels good man.

Honest question. We always hear about the "Civil discussion" that we need to have, but how can we with behavior like this? If one or both sides decide to block anything and everything the opposition does, how will we ever reach that point? It's just continuous gridlock.

>whole thread of trumpets aping out over absolutely nothing
>hur ur du buthurt one

Highly doubt it.

>Hmm...no wonder they lost the House, Congress, Senate, PRESIDENCY and soon SUPREME COURT.
They lost all but one of those years ago.

Trump had nothing to do with it.

If the nominee is truly awful, or can be made to look awful, you can drag things out until some Rs switch sides.

Politics!

How much money did you get from Putin? Trumpet shills posting on this board, many such cases!

Well, at least it was.

Intensely butt hurt libtard detected.

Oh, my. Obstruction sucks, doesn't it, babydick?

Ya know, like the kind your puke Republican Congress did to Obama for every fucking day of his eight years in office.

America would actually be great again if you'd let him have his way. But Barrack Obama was far too good for a nation one-third filled with regressive caveman pantshitters like you.

The Democratic Party is going to be torn apart if it doesn't vilify, obstruct, and sabotage every single thing Donald Dumbfuck does in power.

We don't fucking care if it makes us weaker.

Wreck the fucking country. 24/7 protests, sit ins on Capitol Hill, Schumer and Pelosi leading Dems in Congress to stonewall, filibuster, and denounce Dumbfuck at every turn.

We would rather see this country become a smoking ruin than allow it to be an engine for a fascist regime that doesn't have popular support. We would rather face arrest than allow the illegitimate President Pussygrabber to carry out even one of his illegal edicts.

Welcome to our world, redneck assfucks. Remember you brought this on yourself by siding with Russia, the Klan, and a shit-for-brains tax evader who's respect for women is even faker than his disgusting hair.

We are at war with far right pantshitterism. Bring it.

The GOP vowed to do the same to Obama so theres no surprise the Dems are gonna do it to them right back seriously the GOP are hypocrites on this subject.

That reminds me of something else/

>Democrats refuse to approve Jeff Sessions for Attourney General, put it off for another week
>Trump forced to hire temporary Attourney General in the meantime
>temprorary AG is a libcuck, refuses to enforce Muslim ban
>law enforcement and airport security don't know what to do
>Democrats blame Trump for causing the chaos, when they are the ones who held-up Sessions
>they stalled again today at Sessions' hearing, have to wait until tomorrow

I hate Democrats so much.

lel

>The GOP vowed to do the same to Obama

Boehner and McConnel were the biggest cucks in Republican Party history, and they caved to Obama all the time.

You libcucks stall 10x worse. You're so self-entitled that you can't even recognize objectivity anymore.

2 years for the pendulum to swing back left

But democrats control nothing...

lol, loser.

Trump's picks will cruise right through because of a majority in both the house and the senate.

I know that stings your tender butt hurt you liberal faggot.

Could someone explain why the democrats have to approve Truro's nominees? I thought Reps had a majority.

if by going away you mean back to a state level decisions yeah
nope
not completely, likely to allow medical or lets states decide

That doesn't change the fact that they pulled the same crap these dems are doing, its only fair.

>if by going away you mean back to a state level decisions yeah

The vast majority of states will ban it immediately.

They don't. Majority in both the house and the senate will mean Trump's nominees will cruise right through.

And just think, he'll have the chance to replace 3 Supreme Court justices.

Right. But why have the democrats been able to delay Jeff Sessions then?

Just cock blocking appointee hearings.

Supreme court justice Jared Kushner has a nice ring to it!

Can't they just spew bullshit forever?

By the left's rules, the civil discussion that we need to have is only beneficial when others agree with them civilly. When they encounter disagreement, by the left's rules its time for them to start occupying spaces they don't own and blocking shit until you agree to agree with them civilly. Now, life could go on pretty much as usual if everyone else agreed to ignore them when they started acting out this way, but that's happening less and less these days. Especially with some on the right trying to mimic that behavior.

that's why it's awesome that we beat the political FUCK out of the democrats this election cycle so we can do whatever we want and they can go pound sand. 2020 will be even better, they'll never recover because their white talent is old as shit and after that it's just alienating Muslims and blacks until the party breaks

The need to eat, sleep, and shit at some point.

While it would be amusing to watch a Senator shit their pants on live TV, I doubt we'll see it happen.

It's actually remarkable how unintimidating you guys are, it's like you've been mainlining crushed blue pills for so long I don't even consider you people, just children, or maybe some kind of gay vegetable

>We are at war with far right

You wouldn't know war if it kissed you on the peehole.

I prefer if he nominates malik obama after making him an honorary citizen

Longest fillibuster was 57 days, The senate can demand the Democrats talk and shut off cspan and just wait them out.

>THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO IT IS AND THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO BLOCK IT LOL.
They are just following instructions, they are nobody by themeselfes.

>maybe some kind of gay vegetable

fuck off shill CTR/CREW/Media Matters has no power to alter the narrative here.

Ehhhhhh that might have been genuine, grass-roots butthurt. Way too much typing for a SageBlue shill.

Good. Exactly what they did to Obama, who should have done the nominating.

Fuck Republicans. Fuck Trump. Fuck opposition--they deserve nothing but unending obstruction.

Trying to work with them, as Obama did for 8 years, failed. Time to simply work against them.

What if the narrative here is retardation on steroids?

There are plenty of Corporate Democrats that will collude with the GOP to appease their donors. Major corporations want a pro business pick, it's not like the DNC is a progressive party when it comes to businesses.