What was so bad about arranged marriage?

What was so bad about arranged marriage?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miai
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/12/catholic-church-created-democracy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally nothing even white people do it

The marriage part

I can't think of anything wrong as long as its civilized people arranging the marriage. Marrying for love is a recent fad relative to human history anyway, thanks Victorian era, really.

Long-lasting marriages. Ugh.

It robs you of free will.

I fucking hate the turkroach, but if Ana was the only Armenian I'd ever met I'd genocide the whole fucking race myself.

Arranged marriage should be brought back on the grounds that women are shit at choosing a mate. By the time they have the experience and wisdom to pick a good man, they're way past peak fertility and miserable from all the failed relationships. It's really quite cruel.

it produces uglies like OP pic related. the most attractive people in the world come from peasant stock because they marry for love (attractiveness) rather than economic arrangements by their fathers desu

Would you like it if you had a arranged marriage,and it turned out your wife will be a obsese SJW? Because you don't get a choice.

Marriage is nothing but a piece of paper
I know plenty of people who are married but not in love or even together
They're married for financial stability and the sake of their children

Arranged marriage is a transaction. In poo in the loo culture, she is basically a slave of the mother in law iirc. Her "rights" are greatly reduced.

It's a lot easier than finding a waifu yourself. Just wait until you're of age then you get pussy for life. If she resists you can tell her dad to throw acid on her. Haha, that'll show her.

What if the wife is ugly af tho?

it works great, but the eternal jew doesnt want white people to enjoy a healthy married life

MAINSTREAM

Pretty much nothing in the US.

You are matched with someone and proceed to go out on dates and such. Either one of you can back out if you dont want to marry them.

Its essentially a dating service honestly.

You might end up with an uggo

It was better than the degenerate, childless, materialistic, child abandoning, egotistical arrangement we have today. And the one argument that it could go against love is falsified TODAY, because most people in our day and age are incapable of genuine love.

nothing

In Asia, the parents can use arranged marriage if they see their useless sons/daughters being worthless virgins who need help dating.
It's really harmless part of their culture for the most part.

In the west, it's demonized, because it's opposition to feminist agenda.

In the muslim world, it's used in context of slavery.
Muslims in the west also use arranged marriage to import more muslims into the west.

So it depends on geography which context you apply.

>You are matched with someone and proceed to go out on dates and such. Either one of you can back out if you dont want to marry them.

That's literally the opposite of an arranged marriage, user...

depends of your parents
in most cases they understand, but if they are not on the same wavee length with you youre in for a ride

But that's really how it is in Japan.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miai

Nothing is forced, it's just a help for the children.

Thats how they work in the states. You are "matched" and are dating under the pretense of marriage.

You cannot force someone to get married here if they dont want to.

you can in more traditional societies

Breaking news:
You are also ugly.

Fucking your cousin doesn't count.

Top zozzle

This desu. Women aren't clinging to me even tho I'm pretty much perfect. Why does girl have to marry Tyrone

> the most attractive people in the world come from peasant stock
Absolutely not true lol

Arranging for 2 consenting adults or of age teens is fine. Arranging a 10 year old girl to marry a 30 year old goat herder is wrong.

well that's an arranged date i guess, not an arranged marriage. An arranged marriage is self explanatory.

I believe that the reason why some men to this day have small dicks is because of arranged marriages. Your grandma had no choice so your small dicked grandpa was allowed to breed and here you are 60 years later. Other than that arranged marriages were not such a bad thing.

Except that literally never happens because your own parents wouldn't arrange you with kebab loving feminists

degenerate America right there

Lost

Almost none in the recent past married because of love

Ugh I don't get freedom to cock carousel UGH UGH

Nigger can you not read?

Thats how an arranged marriage works in the US. You agree to marry after a few months but either kid can say no at any time.

paternalism is for cucks

other than that I really have no other argument

>What was so bad about arranged marriage?

Literally nothing

Women should not have control over their sexual function. Egalitarianism has resulted in sexual immorality and the abortion culture.

you want to be coddled and have others direct what they believe to be morally correct over you for your own good

that is nothing different then what communist kikes wants. the only difference is the direction to where they guide you

theres also the argument that falling in love means that you have found an ideal partner, since nature would endow us with the tools of reproducing with the best partner available. so only we can select the most fittest partner based on our instincts. please keep in mind that i'm not advocating for free love or promiscuity, since those two things actually destroy your ability to pairbond

Part of the problem with modern dating and marriage is that they're too tilted toward compatibility and not enough toward adaptation. A healthy relationship is just as much about molding yourself to some extent to fit your mate and learning to overcome obstacles as it is finding someone who's compatible with you.

Arranged marriages are a bit too far in the other direction but moving that way would be an improvement.

first i need an arranged job

arranged marriage sounds nice

I swear to god this board becomes more Islamic by the day

>others direct
Suggestions =/ directives

It's only in African/Muslim countries they are used as a human trade.

You are such a fucking idiot. Arranged marriages, polygamy etc are not exclusive to Islam...they were taking place thousands of years before Mohammed was even a sperm in his fathers ballsack.

As long as both the man and the woman are arranged by their parents, and then can bond and get to know each other before they decide to marry. I suppose it's good.

But if you're talking about actually forcing 2 people to marry, then you can go live in some African shithole.

Wanting women under control isn't Islamic. Theres a reason why women everywhere on the planet had their sexuality controlled by men. Because there too fucking retarded to build and maintain civilization.

>Reeder give me my waifu!!!

Controlling sex supply is not Islamic.

THIS.

Women having power in civilization or power over their sexual function is detrimental to society. Egalitarianism is a breeding ground for cultural marxism.

your parents must really fucking hate you then.

Either that, or your such a low quality male specimen, that Obese SJW was literally the best deal they could find for you.

>peasants married for love

well shit. my mother has told me that x girl would make a good girlfriend, if such a thing classifies as "arranged marriages" then we might as well be talking about free-speech

Part of me likes arranged marriages. But a big reason why I am against it is my parents (mostly my mom) are giant fucking control freaks. Even to this day at 27, with my own house, a paid off vehicle and a 80k yearly income my parents are still trying to run my life. I had to put new locks on my doors cause my mom would break in while I was off at work and check through my mail to see my bank statements. She would also clean up my house (which is nice to come home to) but in the process she would through out my hobby shit like my painted minatures.

These are not the kind of people I want picking my wife.

>I had to put new locks on my doors cause my mom would break in while I was off at work and check through my mail to see my bank statements.
What the fuck? She "broke in" as in she got into a locked house without a key?

Well, it is a bit more than just that. SeeYou mother probable is in contact with the other parent pair and is negotiating on your behalf, and they exchange picture and tell stories to each other and so on.

But yes, in the end it's the two of you who need to test if you like each other.

The version inside your mind is the one from the Feminist narrative.
And the one in muslim culture.

We might need to go back to that shit. Look at the blacks and what happens when the family doesnt stay together. Its happening to whites also just slower.

>Mating for love is a recent fad

You're an idiot

horny hormone filled twenty somethings are infamously bad at choosing a proper mate. it the main reason why most marriages end in divorce, and why actual matchmaking services are on the rise.

people can't see past their own genitals or internal bias and pick partners that are in no way conducive to starting a family (aka pretty much the entire purpose of marriage). your parents/friends/family actually knows you better than you do, and more than likely have the experience and wisdom to choose a mate that will most likely bring you happiness.

retards don't want to admit that their choices are irrational and almost entirely made by "muh dick" or "muh cunt".

She would open the basement window to my house and slip inside (one window is directly above a guest bed while the other is above a table.) I had to put buy new windows that could be locked. I also replaced all my outdoor locks cause my dad has a key to my place in case of an emergency. And after finding out about the break ins I told him I wanted to key back cause I was losing trust in them. He told me he lost it.

I think I know what the problem is.

Half of you stupid fucks got brainwashed by the disney movies when you where little.
So you think Arranged marriage is when the princess in the castle is forced to marry the villain of the cartoon.

It's not like that at all.

desu i got my knowledge of arranged marriages from reading some stuff with aristocrats in the center in russian literature

Idiots cant make good decisions.

>sweden
>good decisions

Force. Not that free will is problem free. The real issue is that a great swath of western women have fucked up snowflake views of marriage and western men have been to pussified to understand their role. If we embraced the nuclear marriage model and all that entails, devorce wouldn't be so high. Arranged marriages and destroying free will aren't necessary. The arranged marriage mitigated the problems that social degeneracy caused with free will.

Zero nada nothing, women are objects and should be treated as such
>inb4 t. Abdul
This was the regular way of marriage until the sexual revolution took place and castrated the west.

have a read

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/12/catholic-church-created-democracy/

With birth control and social media and without shaming is impossible.

The reason why almost all human groups have control female sexuality is because they understood how female nature works and where it leads.

They knew that female preferences tend to leave a % of males sexless. The problem with this it's not only this fact, it's the consequences.

Distribution of females had a lot of positive consequences and that's the reason we I think it prevailed pretty much and was imitated by others. Reduces infighting, males don't invest so much time in persuading sex so they have time for other activities. This ultimately led to civilisation, a society that fits for all and where everyone can have a place. Controlling female sexuality I think is very linked with the rise of Law, market and private property. I don't think it's a casualty that specifically where control of female sexuality didn't existed there wasn't civilisation (subsaharians and pacific islanders for example).