War is hell

I see a lot of you kids cheering for WW3 or war of any kind.

Have any of you ever been to war or seen it in person ?

What if I told you once you've actually seen the war, you wouldn't be cheering for it.

Watch what you wish for, kids.

t.oldman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OT0yoo9B2Bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This.

I have no idea why people covet war so much these days with the risk of MAD.

War means everyone would die. I'm good.

>Sherman took the podium to uproarious applause. He was then 60 and occupied the position of commanding general of the Army. Since he hadn’t been scheduled to speak, his remarks were improvised—and one of them became immortal. He wryly said that the old soldiers in the crowd wouldn’t mind a little rain since they’d seen worse during the war. And he worked his way around to a line he’d spoken and written before, a line that would lodge him in every quotation book in the world: “There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but boys it is all hell.”

With so many powers clambering for nuclear superiority still, there will be no more traditional wars. Only dick sizing contests and threats

The loudest one before the fight is the one who was never in a fight before.

We have a saying "a dog that barks, doesn't bite."

Gold is refined by fire. Young men today have no Mannerbund. There is nothing uplifting or noble about the way we live our lives.

War is a means to that end. The soldier overcomes death even as he dies willingly for his comrades.

Now modern, mechanized total war is a different animal than the professional armies that used to fight in pitched battles. War has fallen victim to modernity in the same fashion that work and religion has. It is a machine with human cogs.

>The soldier overcomes death even as he dies willingly for his comrades

How does he overcome death if he dies?

t.betacuck

real alpha males with huntergatherer Y chromosome (chads) thrive on the battlefield

beta cucks with agriculture Y chromosomes just whine like bitches

Death only holds power over men if they fear it. Shedding that fear of death is key. That's the difference between a soldier and a warrior.

This mindset assumes something after death though: paradise, reincarnation, ect.

We don't want war but if the Leftists and Globalists want a fight, we will fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=OT0yoo9B2Bc

Worst case scenario is you die. Death is preferable to what the leftists are doing to us.

you sound like an old sell out faggot, and im a veteran. Pusyy pussy pussy, no balls pussy.

yeah right, you ever met a poodle?

>Death only holds power over men if they fear it
I agree, but once you're dead, this no longer matters. It's a cyclical sort of thing. Why not fear death and try and survive if once you're dead the fear is gone?

>This mindset assumes something after death though: paradise, reincarnation, ect.
It needn't be this way either. Seeing as post death is the same as pre-birth, there is no need to fear the void, as you no longer exist and have never existed simultaneously.

We know this. But the stakes are high. Once you realize you're already dead the rest won't matter anyway. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Nice provocative post OP, really made me think.
Now fuck you and die in a fire you huge faggot.

hah this right here

>you sound like an old sell out faggot, and im a veteran.

A.k.a. I was on a navy boat for 4 years, wheres muh gibs?

>Seeing as post death is the same as pre-birth
Source?
>Why not fear death and try and survive if once you're dead the fear is gone?
Man is built to overcome all things; death included. Fear of death is selfishness. Clinging to life is cowardly and shameful.

This is doubly true on the battlefield when your fear can mean the death of your friends.

There is no good reason to be afraid of dying.

Let us make our own mistakes, you old cunt.

at this point i rather have my comrades striked down in the battlefield by drones then giving ahmed more bucks and women

War is more natural than peace

>>? faggot I was in the Marines

But here's what you are: (pic related)

>Source?
It's more anecdotal that life after death is the same as life before birth. You do not remember either, yet people fear the latter more.

>Man is built to overcome all things; death included.
Man cannot overcome death as it comes to everyone, eventually. Best we can do is accept it, rather than overcome.

>Fear of death is selfishness. Clinging to life is cowardly and shameful.
How? I agree that fear isn't something to be coveted, but it's an instinct inherent in us all. We cannot tamper this, only accept it.
A soldier who retreats because their position is weakened and they have a chance of death is a coward? Or are they logically trying to survive?

>There is no good reason to be afraid of dying.
I agree that there is no logical reason to fear death, but humans are not logical. We will always fear death. Even those who claim they have 'overcome' it still fear the inevitable. They have merely found a way to difuse themselves from this anxiety that encapsulates us all. It's human nature.

And yet Sherman was not a pacifist nor would he have shirked his duty if called upon again, as he was when he organized genocidal campaigns against Indian tribes post war.

War is hell but it is often necessary.

>Did nothing, wants glory and welfare

Hurr durr am muhreen

>Best we can do is accept it
That's the same thing as overcoming it in my book.
> We cannot tamper this
Why not? As far as retreating soldiers go I have no issue with retreats. Everything needn't be a glorious last stand but its the motive that underscores the retreat that matters. Base fear is a poor excuse for retreat.
> but humans are not logical
You're right. No one will ever completely overcome their ego. The issue comes when a cushy life and comfort become more precious than man's more noble qualities of justice and honor.

I should mention that my ideas on war and death and the like do have a religious slant to them. I read a lot of Evola. I find modern warefare to be a disgrace despite the glimmers of nobility that shine through.

Been to war and back, many times, every incursion in the favelas everyday I kiss my wife and leave for work. If our patrol gets anywhere near the favela they start shooting their FALS, AKS and ARs while we fight back with handguns and shotguns. In a country with almos 60k homicides a year and the highest cop death toll in the world, its hard not to think of it as what it is, A WAR.
WW3 will be a race war, favelas and other mongrel infested places are a curse to civilization, physical removal is a necessity.
About 300~400k ppl died in the Syrian civil war, meanwhile in Brazil, about 350k ppl died in the same timespan.
>War is here already
>War will come to you as well
>Wether you want it or not
>It will be a race war
>Prepare while you can
>This is your future
>If you ever get to be a MINORITY MAJORITY country

Disenfranchised youth being ostracized for being white, while there are no life-partners to find because all the girls have turned into self-righteous sluts that no real man wants.

You kind of lose the will to live, don't you? Humans want to be part of something bigger, be it a relationship, community or in a war fighting against their enemies.

It all boils down to nu-wave feminism and how white sluts have ruined society for white guys by disconnecting them, and blaming them for everything.

>Why not?
That's less a matter of philosophy and more a matter of biology. The body is geared up to fight or flight from a situation, and the response is the same from the body regardless of your decision. The response contains the usual halmarks of what we call 'anxiety'. The way we deal with that is by accepting our anxiety and making logical decision irregardless of the feeling.
The feeling will never go away, hence why it cannot be tampered, but it can be subverted, in a way, but not perfectly. Our emotions will always influence our decisions.

>The issue comes when a cushy life and comfort become more precious than man's more noble qualities of justice and honor.
But men fight for a cushy life and comfort for their families? Why not, by extension, themselves?
I agree that justice is important, but honour? Honour doesn't exist in true war. For war as a game that we play, then yes there are rules and honour. But true war? All deceive their way to an advantage if they can.
This isn't new, either. Sun Tzu declared that deception is an essential part of warfare, and a means to survive.

I will look into Evola, he seems interesting. My stance on war is more of a survival aspect. War is inherent to humanity, and inevitable. The best way to deal with it is to find a way to survive.

i am going to join the belguim army i want to remove kebab

proxy wars like syria will be the new norm burger

or "freedom" misions

>t all boils down to nu-wave feminism and how white sluts have ruined society for white guys by disconnecting them, and blaming them for everything.

I know that Sup Forums is obsessed about hating women, and you can argue anything to say it's women's fault, but I don't think our current zeal for nationalism/war has anything to do with feminism.

>88M who spent two 'deployments' to West Germany back when it was a real man's army dontchaknow

Get fucked, you enormous blubbering vagina. I'd throttle your dumbass six ways from Thursday.

at least when you die in a war go out in a blaze of glory

>like the bayonet charges in the Napoleonic era

You'd care more about starting a family and less about other peoples wars if that option was a good one.
But it isn't a good option to start a family nowadays seen at it is only benefiting women that will eventually cheat and take half of everything. Knowing this, you'd rather do another thing that's bigger than yourself, and that is go to war against someone/something you hate.

fear of you're friends dying
things like sudden death
or kidnappings and torture

the thing about war is that it's a routine aspect in the growth of humanity. Not only has it given us a lot of our technology, but it also clears things out and paves the way for growth.

Look at post WW2. Industries boomed, especially in western Europe. Because everyone was starting over. Everything needed to be rebuilt. Opportunity was everywhere, and there was greater demand for fewer workers so they could draw a good wage. Everyone who had money wanted to invest in the growth that they knew was coming, since they remembered the potential that Europe had.

Further, in capitalism, there always comes a time when the elite hold all the wealth, and the poor fight for the honour of earning scraps. War clears out the young men who would rebel against their government, but it also gives power to those that survive it.

>War is Hell
when will it end?
when will people start getting together again?
are things really getting better like the newspapers say?
what else is new my friend, besides what I've read?

Welcome to nu/pol/ where overweight redditors spend all their day demonising Israel's enemies.

Then one day they sign up to fight them, because MUH TRUMP LEADER EMPEROR GOSH.

Then they end up in a coffin or leg less, endlessly crying about it online.

Rinse and repeat for coming Chinese and Russian wars

Makes me think of that Erasmus quote from CoD 4:

"War is delightful to those who have never experienced it"

>the body is geared up to fight or flight from a situation
You don't believe this impulse can be overcome? Certainly a career soldier has a stronger grasp on his fight or flight response than a fresh draftee?
>But men fight for a cushy life and comfort for their families?
I'm not sure that that is true. Cushy implies decadence. Mankind is best served when the common man has a fulfilling life. I make a good wage working on an assembly line for one of the big three auto makers. I am dead at work. My mind turns off and I lose a piece of my humanity for a time. This is not how man was mean to live.
>Honour doesn't exist in true war.
True war meaning total war? I agree with you. Barring, of course, exceptions. I think of the Christmas Truce in WWI.
>I will look into Evola
Normally I'd suggest starting with his "Revolt" trilogy but you may be more intested in his "Metaphysics of War".

real men love the sting of battle

>War is hell but it is often necessary
Modern, technological war is the hell of hells. Only look at WW1 and WW2

Hey if ww3 happens I'm not going to fight
>dying for American interests in playing world police

>new norm
Proxy wars have been the norm since the cold war

most people think that war is some kind of glory adrenaline filled power fantasy like doom

but war isnt like that since the advent of modern weapons you could die in minutes of being deployed

there is no power armor no shields

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with women, but if you end up with someone like that you need to just step away asap. rather than reflect on it as a failed venture.
Most women, believe it or not, aren't slithering puss pockets who want to juice you for your money. They're just looking for someone who cares, as are you.
If you do, however, find a juicer, make them a ceo of a company as they're making the Machiavellian in me hard.

>ou'd rather do another thing that's bigger than yourself, and that is go to war against someone/something you hate.
It's a shame you think of war as your only chance at making a difference. You can become a doctor, volunteer at a homeless chairty, buy some solar panels. Anything that can help leave this world better than it was before you arrived.
They're not as impactful as war, but dying doesn't help make you any better either.

thats what i mean proxy wars both groups funding "rebels" to overtrow an "authoritarian" goverment

like syria

I served 2 tours in iraq. Ignore these edgy faggots. War fucking sucks... you will never know the underlying fear that you could be ambushed any second, while the possibility coming back home broken mentally or physically. "Da benefits" are shillrd hard by recruiters to get you in... dont fall for it. Obligatory image.

The worst day of peace is infinitely better than the best day of war.

Osama was so fucking based.

>You don't believe this impulse can be overcome?
I may be arguing semantics, but no I don't think it can be 'overcome' bar the use of drugs. Anxiety is subconcious and biological, as normal as your heartbeat. It does not mean, however, that you need to listen to it. So in that sense, you can be trained to better deal with it, but it will never go away. That's why even the most ardent soldiers can buckle sometimes. They're only human.

>Cushy implies decadence
Ahh, from that point of view it makes sense to see it that way. I agree decadence is something we should abhor in society, but again it is an aspect of our nature to covet things we think we need.

> I am dead at work. My mind turns off and I lose a piece of my humanity for a time. This is not how man was mean to live.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's no secret that this is the norm for a lot of people. I haven't looked into the psychology of boredom enough to appreciate anything I could give as advice, but from my own experiences, a practice of mindefullness can help with monotony.
It is difficult, however, to find meaning. Rather, you need to make it from your life as it is now.
Men think they need to 'change the world' to have meaning, and I respect that. But only if they could see that meaning can come from the menial tasks we overlook. Cleaning, cooking, giving directions, taking out the trash. Routine things, from an aware perspective, makes your actions more meaningful.

>Christmas Truce in WWI
We could argue over this for hours, but I haven't the time! But I can appreciate the cameraderie of man to another.

>"Metaphysics of War"
Thanks for the suggestion. Can suggest the usual literature from my standpoint, such as 'The Prince', 'Meditations','Enchiridion militis Christiani' and anything by Satre.

World war 3 will be globalists versus nationalists.
The globalists want the world to be one country with one government, giving themselves absolute, unchallenged power. They will stop at nothing to get this. Eventually, this will lead to a war with those (mostly right-wingers) who don't trust these snakes to be the only government on the planet.

I think we've more or less reached an agreement so I'll just say that I adore Erasmus and leave it at that.

>Have any of you ever been to war or seen it in person ?

I've played loads of war vidya and seen lots of war movies and docs. I know all about it

> not wanting to protect your values

not a problem, was fun.

Any kind of war on a global scale is going to be a slaughter. There's so much new technology that armies are gonna have to reinvent their tactics even before the nukes. It'll be like WW1. I dont want to be in that kind of war.

But if we get to fight in a race war you cna count me in

cry me a river slavshit

ive seen enough old people live safely die "naturally" to know that its a lot better to live an interesting life and maybe die young.

i want a war so i can stop being useless
my life is worthless and boring so why not do something useful like serving for my country in a war
and it will be really fun too as im already enlisted in the jordanian armed forces

i know how to use weapons and ill be good

But i understand what you are saying

your words are for edgy 12yo ameriburgers that think killing people is cool and shit

>you have to go to war to protect your values
how about not being a cuck in and joining the eu and nato
Having a nonretarded population and voting to preserve your values in peacetime might just help more than war and dying for your superiors

Estonia was declared independence in 1918. Independence war followed where my ancestors beat both Russians and Germans.

* was declared independent

Good luck killing me, I'm behind 7 bug out bags.