/weed/

give me a good reason why marijuana should be illegal.

>brings in taxes
>takes money out of the hands of criminals
>creates jobs (growth, transport, sales)
>possible medical applications
>quality goes up
>takes a strain off of our overcrowded prison system

>inb4 MUH DEGENERACY
>inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO
not an argument

Only jews want weed to be illegal.

Sup Forums is generally authoritarian. Anti-prohibition is libertarian

It makes people fucking retarded and lazy and we don't need any more of that.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Weed smokers are lazy, good-for-nothing degenerates who smell bad all the time, are less productive, and belong in prison. I don't care if it's just a plant, so are coca leaves. Go talk about weed somewhere else.

>everybody that smokes pot is the same caricature of a person Sup Forums and the D.A.R.E people at school told me about

Because of people like the one in your picture. Also because DUI testing for it sucks.
Really, though, it shouldn't be a matter of legal or illegal. It should be a controlled substance, and illegal if abused. Whether or not a state wishes to allow the use of it as recreation, medical treatment, whatever, should be up to the state. If there are growers allowed by a state, they should be subject to federal regulation (making sure they're not lacing, making some weird hybrid strains that go beyond certain parameters, distributing criminally, and other things like that). If you have done something stupid while under the influence, it should be taken into account.
Education needs to be better, as well. People shouldn't be able to be as successful in spreading the
>pot kills cancer
idiocy as they are.

You absolute flying fuck of a faggot have never had the experience of living next to a family of low lives and canibis dealers (and probably other shit aswell though not to my knowledge).

It brought crime to my street, car jackings, criminals coming over to sell stolen shit, A HOMR FUCKING INVASION ROBBERY.

And of course the police wont to shit becauae the seem to only do drug busts twice annually and theyre the garding of granchildren.

Fuck you loser cunt.

But alcohol is okay.

The capitalist in me wants it legalized so it can create jobs and be taxed like crazy - shit in NY a pack of cigarettes costs $12 so honestly imagine if weed were taxed and an eighth was 100x more expensive, nearly all of the money going to the government.

Theres basically no reason it shouldn't be legal for personal use - just make it illegal to drive under the influence, to smoke in public places, and to sell it to minors. It's not like prohibition is working and you can't find it practically anywhere you go, so instead of giving the money to these little shithead pot dealers the money should be going towards the state- effectively ending their source of revenue and channeling it to something more productive.

Weed being illegal also made me try harder drugs because the people I was hanging around always had it on them. Like alazopram, LSD and eventually coke.

>t. Someone who has done enough drugs for every single person on this board during in his formative years.

Yes but were generally also about 'muh freedom' and big government not infringing upon the rights of people. Honestly if you want to smoke in the privacy of your own home - what the fuck is the big deal?
Yes but if it makes liberals more lazy and stupid I'm fine with that
>Pot smokers belong in prison
I can tell you're a real blast at parties... You have a point, Yes if you're constantly high all the time you're less productive but honestly your argument that people who smoke pot are "lazy good for nothing degenerates" while true in some instances is anecdotal at best. There are plenty of productive people who smoke pot occasionally. Nothing wrong with enjoying marijuana responsibly - spending all your time stoned and all your money on pot on the other hand - theres something wrong with that.

Then again when I look at countries like canada and states like california, washington and colorado it makes me take a second guess.

those places are infested with liberals. that's why they are shit holes, not the weed.

You either choose people have personal accountability as adults or not.
Weed is fine, just keep the hard drugs out.

alcohol is just as bad.

It should be noted that alcohol is less degenerate in moderation.

Weed is still as degenerate in moderation as it is when used with high regularity.

t. moderate drinker

Convenient.

ITT:
>muh degeneracy

Go to 8/pol/. That place is fucking filled with moralists just like you.

Wow it's almost like all those things were caused by a black market weed system eh?

regular, moderated consumtion of weed will negatively impact your brain structure far more than alcohol. I usually don't really care what people do to their bodies (or brains), but legalizing marijuana could very well lead to an influx of lazy ass people who would rather get high than look for a job. While it will create new jobs, you can be sure that the number of jobs created will be far less than the number of addicts running on welfare due to their consumption (why work if you can pay for your marijuana without working?).

Maybe high prices would helpt with this (if it were legal), but then again it could lead to addicts getting their money in less legal ways...

Bro drinking 3 six packs and an entire wine bladder a night is fine, it's just normal stuff

>smokes one joint

you fucking hippie get a job!

So put regulations in place such as special cards for use at dispensaries that are only given to those who can pass a test e.g. not on welfare.

sounds good

Sure it would be difficult, but would be miles more effective than buying from gangs, hell might even encourage people to get jobs.

Bonus points would be a monthly "stamp" card for amount you can purchase.

Can you please provide a source explaining why you think weed consumption is more deleterious to our brain structure than alcohol?

i too would like to see this.

If it wasn't for weed, I might be motivated to become a wagecuck

You are pathetic.

Instead of using pot to be a lazy cunt, use it to open your mind and build yourself.

but I only like indica

I'm an Indica man too, if you are open to it, I can help open your mind.

Weed doesn't make you lazy

Having a bad personality and no self-discipline makes you lazy

>>brings in taxes
>>takes money out of the hands of criminals
>>creates jobs (growth, transport, sales)
>>possible medical applications
>>quality goes up
>>takes a strain off of our overcrowded prison system
none of those are arguments either.
I don't want taxes, nor poor criminals, impoverished criminals is why they are criminals
Jobs are bad, it ruins labor contests
medical applications don't exist, you'd be better off exercising for an hour or taking a walk in the park.
good quality weed would put power in the hands of big business who can create good quality for the cheep cheep
We need people in prison so the PIC can keep the economy afloat.
Wasting time doing something non-productive is bad, weed is non-productive time waster, weed is bad.
We should not have bad things in society, weed is a bad thing, therefore we should not have weed in our society.
Literally a formal fucking argument.

Teach me Senpai

Fuck yes it is, alcohol has other uses besides getting you drunk. It is essential to human civilization. It's also used in cooking for, unlike pot which is for people who want to be niggers

>associating pot with black people
>just like the early 20th century fat cats called it marijuanna to associate it with mexicans and refer madness

Alcohol makes you stupid, obnoxious, and careless. Thats why its legal

Pot makes you think, it stabilizes your emotions and your mental state