Why is Christianity so unpopular?

Because it teaches us that we are fundamentally flawed and "dead" in sin.
Because it teaches us there's no act, ritual or thing we can do to redeem ourselves in God's eyes.

Because unlike every other religion, there's nothing we can do to measure up.

Because it teaches us that the only way to salvation is to accept this powerlessness, and accept the exchange made for us by Jesus on the cross - a broken, Jewish man.

Redemption is accomplished and applied with Jesus Christ.

It's not popular - no amount of virtue signalling, charitable acts or pilgrimages will achieve salvation.

The call of the Gospel is to trust and believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ.

It's there waiting for you user...

youtube.com/watch?v=oD87a_xnj00

Other urls found in this thread:

biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-versions-and-translations/the-gospel-of-thomas-114-sayings-of-jesus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's why I follow my ancestors' polytheistic faith (or what we can reconstruct). It always felt true in my heart and made me feel proud. It's also incredibly beautiful.

Because true Christianity has been suppressed for thousands of years, everyone tends to forget that Christ was a long haired heretic teaching love, radical individualism, self discovery and natural law

because the sequel is out, why would anyone be playing the old religion now?

Jesus actually sounds like a based guy instead of how he's showing in the religion now the days.

larper go back

Except for nearly 1/3 of the earths population + others who don't hate christianity.

>worlds biggest religion
>so unpopular

top kek at christcucks persecution complex, goes fittingly with the inferiority complex

1/3 is many would you agree?

Amen Ausbro

>Why is Christianity so unpopular?
Because it's true. People (and the powers that be) absolutely hate the truth.

Hi Ausbro. I'm a Christian, too. Keep up the good work. Best of luck.

Arguably the majority of those follow Catholicism, which does not adhere to the teachings of Christ.

He said this multiple times

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved

Basically he meant don't give up & don't stop believing not matter what happens.

>>has almost 2 billion followers
>>unpopular

Pick one you stupid kike

Because it's a superstition.

Actually, Christian doctrine is unpopular because the world hates God & Jesus. The world & he that is the prince of this world would seek to destroy them if it could.

Hence anti semitism & anti zionism. The enemy seeks to marginalize them because they are living reminders of the old covenants.......

James 2:14-26

>What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

>But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

>Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

>For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Christianity is unpopular because Christians do not understand Christianity anymore. You still have to do good works even though "you're saved." Don't like it?

Matthew 7:16-18

>By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. Good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit

Consider this your divine warning.

Kikes and cultural marxism.

Faith and acceptance of the Grace of the Lord leads to good works. Not the other way around. Appreciate the input m8.

>literally the biggest religion on earth
>unpopular

Ok

This

And we should always just do good deeds anyways. They won't save us though, only Christ will

Religion of weakness and self satisfaction.

The large majority of people are not Christians

Source

every day we stray further from god's light,

By that logic there's no such thing as a popular religion, rendering the term unpopular meaningless.

Boring mythos.
You need exciting shit like pagan pantheons and heroes.

Sure you have leviathan, behemoth, and the many forms of angels but those are never thought in church or sunday school.

True, yet Christians conveniently ignore the teachings of Jesus when it suits them. But Jesus is clear that you must do good if you are to have faith. And if you don't do good, you don't have faith.

Matthew 7:21-23

>Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the WILL of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

Then again, you don't need the approval of any Church to find the Kingdom of Heaven, just God's.

Dipshits that used to demonize D&D and evolution.

Pedophile networking

You can only have faith in Christ if you follow through with his teachings. For instance, you cannot serve both money and God. Yet how many pastors do you know worship mammon?

Matthew 6:24

>No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

There are alot of Christians who won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven because of their infatuation with wealth.

I agree with that, but it's only the ones who claim to be Christian who have never been sealed with the Holy Spirit who won't be saved. Once you are saved, you're saved, and those people do good works, yet we still have sin that dwells in us and we aren't perfect people

Jesus died for our sins

>>There are alot of Christians who won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven
You sound alot like the pharisees

Matthew 23:13
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

He is saying that you will not know him if you don't believe in him, and the best way, the only way to start believing in him is to see him work, and how do you see him work?
You do what he asks. This is faithbuilding.

No its just because main chistianity carriers, euros, are now pussy faggots

Because ever since the resurrection, the rulers of this world immediately set out to undermine Christ so the children of the Lord would not find redemption in Him. For they had lost on the Cross and their plans were utterly ruined at this point, for Mankind would be redeemed and put above the angels as God had ordained so long ago, a thought that caused the murderous jealousy and one of the causing factors of the rebellion. Their only goal, their only option, was to begin the process of undermining Christ.

Dark Angels are real and they're the true enemies of mankind, they are the gods of polytheism alongside their children, the Nephilim, who became what we know as demons. Those who worship the polytheistic religions for 'cultural' purposes are obsessed with this world and all things on it.

Be as wise as serpents but gentles as doves, the Lord and His ways are not of this world and those who worship Him or reject Him because of things in this world do not truly know his Heart.

Christianity is on the decline in the west for various reasons. The tendency for the youth to dismiss the ways of their elders coupled with a negative media portrayal of Christians as intolerant hicks. This is the same media who promotes degeneracy Soon it will be radical and counter-cultural to be Christian.

The difference is, I refuse to be a hypocrite. A person who believes in Jesus, but refuses to practice his teachings does not actually believe in Jesus. But I guarantee you'll find hypocrisy upon Christians who refuse to "turn the other cheek" or cling to their worldly possessions rather than working toward the Kingdom of Heaven.

It frustrates me to know end when Christians believe in Jesus without following through a single word that he proscribes.

Because it's archaic and most people don't need external to feel superior and/or adequate. Intelligent people just create meaning.

Sounds like you pride yourself on your works

>You do what he asks.

I've been to many Churches and listened to many priests. Not a single one has told me to "do what he asks." Had I never read the Bible myself, I would've been ignorant as to what it means to find God. Modern Christianity is effectively dead because it's so far removed from what it once was.

Jesus not Jewish. Those claiming to be the chosen today are impostors. Key ideas to understand the bible.

>implying it isnt already

>>Christianity is on the decline
i think not.
it is going east.
China,India east asia & africa Jesus words are being spread.

He prophesied this.

If by works you mean faithfulness to the TEACHINGS. Then yes.

Because it teaches us that we are fundamentally flawed and "dead" in sin.
Because it teaches us there's no act, ritual or thing we can do to redeem ourselves in God's eyes.

>be God
>get bored
>make angels, the world, beasts, man, woman, and some magic tendies you really don't want humans eating
>put the magic fucking tendies you really don't want them eating right the fuck next to them
>angel assistant gets assmad he's not getting enough attention
>turns into a snake
>tells woman to eat the magic tendies
>woman eats the tendies like the dumb bitch she is
>woman gets man in on it too
>find out they ate your tendies and go completely fucking ape shit
>flip the board the fuck over in your tantrum of autistic rage
>no acknowledgement that you're responsible for keeping your assistant in line
>no acknowledgement that it was really fucking stupid to leave your tendies laying around
>no acknowledgement that humans didn't have a concept of good and evil before eating the tendies
>don't just punish your assistant, man, and woman
>decide you're going to damn their offspring for all eternity
>apparently magic tendies turn people evil and they can never do anything good

This is what ultimately led me to lose my faith; the concepts of original sin and predestination. I was a youth leader all through my teenaged years. As I got older I started applying the same sort of critical thought, and standards I applied to refute other faiths to my own. This isn't to say I stopped believing because the miracles described were too much or something, it was because God didn't ever come close to measuring up to the moral standards we were expected to hold ourselves too.

There's more logically consistent fiction available now than 2000 years ago.

Maybe because it teaches that all you have to do for salvation is "accept Jesus" and all your sins are forgiven. Every other religion demands worship, good deeds, giving to charity, whereas Christianity literally only demands the easiest virtue signal and no sacrifice whatsoever.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast

I'm glad you do your best to follow his teachings though, that's definitely a good thing

decline in the west*

If it isn't in red letters, it doesn't matter.

It wasn't eating the apple that created sin but the act of eating the apple which did so. God clearly told them not to eat of the Tree, which they did. Disobedience to God is the root cause of sin and thus disobedience to God has caused all the problems that our world faces today.

If mankind could not "Do any good" then why let us live? Why sent His Son to die on our behalf? Because we are capable of good.

I think you have a poor understanding of scripture, or at the very least Genesis.

>>Why is Christianity so unpopular?

(John 15:17-25) “These things I command YOU, that YOU love one another. 18 If the world hates YOU, YOU know that it has hated me before it hated YOU. 19 If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU. 20 Bear in mind the word I said to YOU, A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also; if they have observed my word, they will observe YOURS also. 21 But they will do all these things against YOU on account of my name, because they do not know him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He that hates me hates also my Father. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have both seen and hated me as well as my Father. 25 But it is that the word written in their Law may be fulfilled, ‘They hated me without cause.’

(John 17:14) I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

It's interesting you believe there's no sacrifice involved in declaring your belief and faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation leaves most examining and challenging all they held dear before really understanding the word and accepting Christ.

But, we all have different journeys.

But that's the best, because then no one is better or worse than anyone else, no one can lord their righteousness over you, "not by your own works were you saved" Literally the best ideology for independents who think self righteous twats can take a hike. It's between you and God, no one else.

Christianity is a dying faith in the West for a reason.

That's sad, for the entirety of the Word isn't just Jesus but whatever comes from God. Obey Jesus above all, but use the entirety of the Bible to gain an invaluable understanding of God and his plans for the future of mankind.

I lost faith for a while, too, user. I hope you find peace again. I hope you keep trying to find your way back to the path and never close your heart completely.

Either you have a very poor understanding of the Bible or you were looking for an excuse to get yourself out of persona accountability to God himself.

The reason we do our best to follow his teachings is so that we can build our relationship with God and get to know him better. Not out of obligation. And when you know him well enough, you will experience heaven on earth.

Charles Taze Russell was nothing more than a scam artist. Didn't he admit in court that he could not read the languages of antiquity yet he translated from them to create the JW bible? Really makes you think.

It's not dying. It's transcending into something else. It is transcending into us.

No. Because the descendants of Jesus contradict Jesus at any and every possible opportunity. I've seen the modern Church, both Protestant and Catholic, and it's drifted far from what Christ has offered us. Hell, even your supposed "Original Sin" was invented by St. Augustine, not Christ himself.

But you have to mean it. And in that way it's not a virtue signal.

What it will transcend into, will be hated by the vast majority of Christians who have failed their teacher. This I guarantee.

It's literally just the media making you think that's the case. Christians stopped doing mean shit so now they're blaming someone else.

>Because it teaches us there's no act, ritual or thing we can do to redeem ourselves in God's eyes.
what is confession?

>here's a perfect world with everything you could ever want
>just don't eat my fruit
>whore eats the fruit
You really think God didn't have a right to be pissed? That was the one fucking rule and Adam and Eve couldn't follow it.

You're confusing Catholicism with Christianity user-kun.

>so unpopular

It's the most popular religion in the world....

>love

Sure, but even he beat the shit out of the merchants in the temple and told heretics they were going to hell.

>radical individualism

"Give up everything and follow me" doesn't sound like individualism.

>natural law

That's not exactly new.

This whole "the Church and modern Christians would have hated Jesus, because he was like, all about love and stuff" meme has gone way too far.

He's confusing the largest Christian denomination with Christianity? Wonder how he could have done that.

He admitted that he couldn't READ the original languages however, that doesn't mean you cannot translate them. With available Lexicons you can see the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic available to you word-by-word without having to understand the languages. He translated verses from them. They tried to trick him into self-incriminating himself by the lawyer demanding that he translate a text in court "backwards". He refused because he saw right through him.

The JW Bible, the New World Translation wasn't started and completed until after Russell died.

Our faith is not in our predecessors. Our model and path has always been Christ. We do credit Russel for starting us and giving us our foundation but we don't credit him for our faith and our model, Jesus Christ. That credit goes alone to the Bible, Jesus, and Jehovah only.

2000 years later after it became mainstream. Don't be a retard. Christians were persecuted for centuries and 10 of the 12 apostles were martyrs.

I am filled to the brink with happy death madness and await it, but I'm sure I'll eat my words with gutso. Either way, I can't believe the time and who I am truly exists. It's beyond my human comprehension that this is occurring now, but outside I understand that we are truly blessed as we always have been.

Believing what?

And this somehow makes the Word and dogma of Christ irrelevant because humanity is imperfect and unable to follow the example of God? You don't worship Man but the Lord himself, so why use people as the standard for Christianity? If anything, it's telling of the times we live in, giving, even more, credence to His words.

It was defined by Augustine but it all checks out nonetheless. Disobedience to God is the root of sin, Jesus came to give us our path from this World through the Cross and to give us a sword to fight our true enemies and preached us to be better than the world we live in through improving our lives and the lives of others.

Post angels or favorite Christianity pics

That Christ is the Son of God and that he died and was resurrected for the forgiveness of our sins

user is right. Catholicism is no more Catholic as Buddism is Hinduism. From the ignorant outsider it looks very much the same but once you examine both and compare them to their primary text you will realize they have nothing in common at all.

Catholicism and Orthodoxy are Helenistic Pagan religions with Christian themes. That's why the Pope is called the Pontif. Pontif Maximus was a political and religious title given to Cesars during the Roman Empire. Study the Bible and you will realize how everything they believe is not in it. Why do you think the Catholic Church was obsessed with killing commoners who read the Bible, translated into commoner tongue, or preached it?

At the risk of being offensive, the Catholic church and the poor, deluded souls that follow it are not Christians.

>Intelligent people just create meaning.
Intelligent people are more likely to suffer chronic depression and anxiety

The point I'm making is some people are better than others. We should be judged by our deeds not by what we profess. Just because you proclaim faith and attend church doesn't make you righteous. But in Christianity that's enough to get you into heaven -- so why change your behavior? There's no incentive to constantly improve

TL:DR if Jesus already died for our sins, what's the point of abstaining from sin?

Ahmmed christianity doesn't teach us we are dead in sin, christianitty teach us the Jesus Christ revived us from the death.
Also God love you too Ahmmed.

Just here to drop an Amen brother.

Because the Synagogue of Satan has spent two thousand years trying to undermine and destroy it

Jews have excised Christianity from modern western culture through their control of media. When was the last time you've seen a major Hollywood production glamorize Christianity in any way?

Obviously green texting the Bible is going to be an oversimplification.

>It wasn't eating the apple that created sin but the act of eating the apple which did so. God clearly told them not to eat of the Tree, which they did.

Agreed, however...

>Disobedience to God is the root cause of sin and thus disobedience to God has caused all the problems that our world faces today.

Adam and Eve's disobedience does not make the rest of humanity sinners unless sin is hereditary. If it is hereditary then that disobedience had a lasting effect predisposing them to sin. Not necessarily on some biological or genetic level, but at least on a spiritual level. That begs the question, if it is something that we cannot help, why are humans punished with damnation in the first place?

Going back to OP, 'Because it teaches us that we are fundamentally flawed and "dead" in sin.' This is generally accepted as something we can't control.

>If mankind could not "Do any good" then why let us live? Why sent His Son to die on our behalf? Because we are capable of good.

That's the first time I've ever heard that, pretty sure the point of sending Christ was that God loved us. Furthermore OP made the point that any good we do is irrelevant without Christ.

>I think you have a poor understanding of scripture, or at the very least Genesis.

What is your denomination? That's asinine to accuse me of having a poor understanding of Christianity because I have a criticism of original sin and predestination. Obviously a lot of evangelicals don't spend much time on either of those, but they're firmly in the new and old testaments, particularly in Paul.

I understand Christianity quite well, its others who don't follow the Word that haven't a clue whats what... And, true, Catholics don't not believe in Christ as a core or the biblical teachings...I say it because my family are. I'm disheartened by it all.

You're just using this Satanic logic to stop you from believing.

Adam and Eve didn't have a concept of good and evil prior to eating the tendies. Without a concept of that how are they held accountable for disobedience?

See above, and if sin is something we can't help because of Adam and Eve's actions, why are humans punished for it.

I'll back this up in a bit with citations if you need them, I'd think you both know what I'm talking about though.

Look. I'm going to offer the straight dope on Jesus because I was like you and I missed out on much. I'm at this point non-denominational so take what you want from me and ignore the rest. At this point, I'm also going to ruin the credibility I built on this thread, for trying to get Christians to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus revealed the true reality of this world in his parables and teachings, especially with the Gospel of Thomas, which was demoted to Apocrypha because it's lessons didn't appease the political nature of a Church. Basically, Jesus reveals to us that there is another world beyond this world, and by following his lessons, you can obtain a higher level of consciousness in order to get there. But the problem is that this message is so diluted by the Church and it's followers that the message was effectively lost, and now it's effectively impossible to raise your consciousness up toward the Kingdom of Heaven through Christianity.

biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-versions-and-translations/the-gospel-of-thomas-114-sayings-of-jesus/

The religion therefore was supposed to be about raising yourself toward a higher plane of existence, but it got corrupted overtime just like anything else divine in this world. If you were to read just the teachings of Jesus Christ, and follow through with what he says, divinity will become through you, and you'll reach a higher level. All of the 'other' stuff is tacked on for the political benefit of the religion, at the expense of yourself.

Is this a popular view? No. But then again, Christianity won't even be alive in Europe anymore, so the faith itself is dying regardless. But that's what Christianity was originally intended to be. A way to transcend reality and acquire divine knowledge.

It's getting stale. Same reason the Greco-Roman religion went out of style.

which sequel?
we got a couple of contenders

-quran
-the book of mormon
-the writings of bahha'u'llah and the bab

which one, emu?

>Because it teaches us there's no act, ritual or thing we can do to redeem ourselves in God's eyes.

This is false. Theosis, or deification, can be achieved through prayer.

"For the Son of God became man so that we might become God." St Athanasius

Romans 6 addresses this. However, Romans 6 doesn't really law down any doctrine as to the eternal consequences for sinning after having accepted Christ. Romans 6 is a pep talk. It says that, you were baptized into Christ's death, that is, you are now dead to sin and shouldn't even want to continue on that path.

It goes on to say that whose fruit you bear, that is your master. Are you bearing God's fruit of righteousness or the devil's fruit of sin? It's a call to constantly evaluate our lives as far as what path we're walking down. It is NOT black and white as far as, do this or that and you're going to hell. Ultimately, that decision is God's alone.