Why is there such a crusade against tobacco, specially cigarettes?

All cigarettes and cigars come with stupid black box warnings while marijuana and alcohol don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPS9Op5dhCw
news-medical.net/news/20100422/Stopping-smoking-may-be-harder-than-quitting-heroin.aspx
nytimes.com/1987/03/29/magazine/nicotine-harder-to-kickthan-heroin.html?pagewanted=all
whyquit.com/pr/120108.html
edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/03/28/fatty.foods.brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alcohol does come a warning moron, obviously you can't read.

>Newports

Fucking disgusting.

Non Menthol is ok, Menthol is for niggers.

Sorry hue, I live in the land of the free and my cigarettes have no black box bullshit. We have a small warning on the side so we can hurt ourselves with pride.

weed literally cures cancer and aids

It doesn't.

Smoking is for white trash.

The jew is literally profiting from your death.

the arguments for marihuana are the same arguments for tobacco when it was discovered.

Those who dont know their history are doomed to repeat it.

smoking is redpilled, the jews dont want you to do it because you'll get woke to their schemes

>he felt for the "cigarettes are bad for yor health" blue pill

15 years ago there were no warnings here. Then they introduced a warning on the back. Then on the sides. Now it's on the back, side and front.

Look how disgusting and degenerate is the packs in Canada.

In America tobacco companies are not allowed to advertise. Theyre actually forced to fund anti tobacco adverts. The "truth" adverts you seen on tv are paid for by tobacco companies.

In countries with govt healthcare like New Zealand they justify a pack of Marlboro Reds being $30 by saying it is causing health issues non smokers pay for with tax dollars as well as smokers.

Honestly I think its fair over all but im still pissed that I spent more on smokes in New Zealand than I did 3 straight nights of clubbing in downtown Auckland.

>Inb4 killing yourself slowly
Not fast enough

Fuck you

I smoked for 16 years and it did nothing but hamper my health and my teeth and drained me financially in a way that has set me back at least a decade.

Choices man, choices.

Fuck you

In Australia a pack of cigarettes goes for 26 dollars. In 2020 it will be 45.

They plan to eradicate cigarettes forever.

>Cigarettes expensive

Well, the same cigarette they sell in USA for 7 costs 1,50~2,0 in eastern europe

Blame your heavily tax-daddy government.

>The "truth" adverts you seen on tv are paid for by tobacco companies.
And that's why they're all so terrible. They're literally engineered by the tobacco companies to look like they're made by old people trying to appeal to millennials to use reverse psychology and get people to smoke.

youtube.com/watch?v=XPS9Op5dhCw

They've hit smokers now because they're an easy target. Upped the taxes massively to help pay for the shitskin invasion because we're going deeper and deeper into debt because of it.

When they were around 12-15 dollars that more than enough covered the Medicare costs. Now it's just downright bullying.

because its degenerate. theres a reason why its poor people who overwhelmingly partake in the addictive habit. idiots who smoke are being good little goyims walking into the ovens one lung full at a time.

Holy shit, that makes perfect sense, cant the anti tobacco people see they are being trolled

>Medicare

Like if paying income tax and goods tax was not enough

Stop that shit right there roo, if smoking should be taxed that hard why isn't your precious alcohol?

>Mfw marlboro southern cut runs me 5 bucks and 50 cents plus tax

Just quit after smoking for 10 years. Dumbest fucking thing you can do. You gain absolutely nothing from smoking, and just piss away money.

No one who smokes/smoked gives a fuck about the disease or cancer. But just the amount of money wasted on something so retarded. Fuck that.

Only niggers smoke. Master white race is above that. And the "whites" that do smoke, obviously have a bit of brown raped into their family somewhere in the tree.

Ex smoker here. I quit when prices went over 8 dollars a pack. None of the warnings meant shit to me but paying that much is just insane. Interesting fact: when I went to Poland a few years back, a pack of Marlboros were about 5 dollars USD.

cigarettes smell bad and cause harm but there is no reason to ban cigarette ads

>Master white race is above that
Muh vegan master race free-gmo/organic/safe/state sponsored diet

Cigarettes were made by the jews to take your money. They are so addictive that all they had to do to keep selling them is to show how bad it is as a warning to people, but nobody gave a shit and continue smoking those

They made the perfect addictive, and if it's end up being legalized, people would go into rage mode real fast over it

>WAH
>why can't I be a disgusting, fat human being with horrible teeth and smell like shit all day
>why can't I inflict disease and sickness upon myself to the detriment of all taxpayers
>its my choice if I want to pollute the air around me!
>don't drop my cigarette butt on the path here?? Its a free country!!

In eastern europe and russia it's less than $3.

In Brazil is $2,25~2,75. In Bulgaria it's $2,50. In Argentina is $3.0.

Now they are selling for over 13 in some areas in United States.
What state do you live in?

The morality of liberalism is not doing the "bad" things, but the only bad things, in an era where everything is seen as a threat to left liberalism, are damaging your body by doing things primary school and scientists told you not to. Naughty!

Wouldn't the jews want to keep their consumers alive?

Holy shit in fucking JAPAN which is a state controlled country a pack of premium cigarettes is $3,60 USD

Nigger my grand dad killed Nazis in WWII then went on to smoke and live to 93.

The left has brainwashed you into thinking your body is some delicate flower. Stop being a fucking faggot and drink up and have a smoke. Faggot.

like every bottle says dont drink while pregnant with the rest of the surgeon general warning and drink responsibly

>Leaf
every fucking time

Cigarettes kill non smokers by just being near a smoker. Hell according to all the seminars I attended apparently second hand smoke is more dangerous

Recently quit and glad I did after 30+ years.
I would advise, if asked, never to start but it's an individual's right to choose and they shouldn't have to hear anyone else's shit about it..

Cause it stinks and makes everything around it stink.

Japan's interesting, there's also the japanese smoker's paradox, where their risk multiple for lung cancer was found to be less than that of western nations. It's kind of a weird thing when you think about it. Like, overall health being good you still expect the ratio to be the same.

Marijuana is not yet under federal control and booze does indeed have similar labels.

I've never seen a bottle with health warning in my life. Not even in Canada.

are we going to play big daddy must ban things that do harm? fair enough, I couldn't be more happy about it.

But let's put ads on everything that is destructive

There's very small print that says ''Drink responsibly'' that's it in New Zealand. Our smokes have pictures of dying people on them though. It just makes them look metal as fuck, I used to have a collection up on the fridge of all the different mutilated body parts.

If you don't smoke American Spirits or roll your own you are a cuck.

I thought his post made it pretty clear the "anti tobacco people" are the tobacco companies. As part of the lawsuit settlement that forced tobacco companies to fund anti-smoking PSA's, the tobacco companies got creative control over them. Hence, why they are always aimed at teens going through their rebellious phase, and why they are so lame and cringeworthy. They are literally designed for that effect. After the teenage years, the smokers are already addicted so they don't really have to advertise anymore.

People will find more destructive things like smoking marijuana or e-cigarettes

Eventually all kids will be smoking e-cigs made in China using rat poison liquid claiming while claming that "at least it doesn't smell bad xD"

Alcohol doesn't give people standing next to you cancer.

That's what the (((pharmaceutical industry))) is for

NY but I travel all over the U.S. for work. I haven't checked prices in a few years but I'm sure they're astronomical now.

Why? Because smoking cigarettes raises free testosterone in the blood stream. Tobacco literally makes you manlier.

There's a chinese study about this with a pretty large sample size (which really, all Chinese research should have, large populations are China's only asset).
Anyway, once you know this you know why:

A) Liberals in particular lead the fight against smoking - it makes people too indepentent

B) Women who smoke, poke - higher test women have been scientifically proven to fuck a lot more

C) Why many of the non-lung related diseases caused from smoking tobacco are the same as major diseases that mostly affect men.

Is weed legal in NY? do they sell in grocery stores?

No, it just instant-kills everybody in your car and everybody you hit with your car.

Second hand smoke studies were conducted on couples where one person smoked at least 2 packs a day, and were married for at least 40 years.
To think you are going to get cancer passing someone on the street, or sitting next to them at the beach is fucking ludicrous.
I'm old, MadMen was an accurate portrayal, EVERYONE was smoking ALL THE TIME.
If it was that easy to get cancer the whole generation would have died off by the 1980s.
They just banned smoking in the downtown area where I live.
It's the most ridiculous bunch of crap ever.

>I said master race, not faggot race.

Yeah, the cig ads go above and beyond. Its kinda fucked up, but I can kinda see why they do it. Kids are fucking dumb, and they respond to pictures more then anything. If mommy keeps whipping out a box of low tier Sup Forums gore, that might freak the kid the fuck out. Shock and awe tactic on toddlers basically.

Any adult knows that shits bad for you. But who gives a shit, everything else in this world will kill you much faster.

I quit because they started to just taste horrible, I smelt horrible, my car smelt like shit, and its fucking cold up here (New England) and dressing in 4 layers to smoke was fucking retarded.

Worst part about quitting though, is trying to shit. Nothing like a coffee and cig to clear you out in the morning. Without it, you'll be backed up half the day. Its brutal.

Omgg I have some in my coat jacket

I'm 23 and I just started smoking a couple months ago. It's pretty meh. The shittiest part is standing out in the fucking cold.

People have smoked tobacco for thousands of years. It isn't as bad as the media portrays it. It's the other chemicals and shit that they put in it that really fuck you up.

Medicinal only from what I understand. So you'd have to get it at a pharmacy.

I quit smoking after 12 years of heavy smoke. I smoked since I was 13.

Didn't experience any cravings or didn't want any cig in the morning.

I think people exaggerate when they say "oh it's worse than heroin! more addictive than everything on the planet".

menthol is for niggers and coke heads

what about cigars? you don't inhale and it's made from tobacco plant

Like marijuana it's just a herb! natural tobacco leaf

Why does it come with giant black box warnings?

There is a direct correlation between decline in smoking and decline in cancer.

The campaign to get realistic medical research through the tobacco industry blockade was a huge fight.

Alex Jones wouldn't even believe this conspiracy.

>"oh it's worse than heroin! more addictive than everything on the planet".
Who the fuck would go and say something as braindead as that?
>opiates aren't addictive at all!
Fuck I'm mad now.

Just started vaping yesterday and i already dont crave real cigarettes anymore.

If you are looking to quit and nothing else has worked the get a vape guys.

OK, the second you go prove that study is wrong or inaccurate is the second I'll believe it.

And there's no conspiracy mentioned, friend. Just a chain of decisions that naturally follow from positions groups of people who have similar ideological beliefs.

Libs don't even fucking know why they do half the shit they do, but smoking is a huge classist thing that causes them to bake in hypocrisy.

Most populations of smokers are working class or poor. Other than gibsmedat poor, most libs are middle to upper class, and they're the ones that push against smoking, in a large part as a signaling measure.

Notice they're all for smoking weed. That's their smoke of choice. But tobacco? That's what poor people do and they don't want to be associated with being poor.

That's more likely the psychological reason behind it, but there's definitely an element there tied into masculinity and the general lib hatred of it.

Well, many people say it's more addictive than heroin

They don't claim they are more dangerous though

>Stopping smoking may be harder than quitting heroin
news-medical.net/news/20100422/Stopping-smoking-may-be-harder-than-quitting-heroin.aspx

>NICOTINE: HARDER TO KICK...THAN HEROIN
nytimes.com/1987/03/29/magazine/nicotine-harder-to-kickthan-heroin.html?pagewanted=all

>Notice they're all for smoking weed. That's their smoke of choice. But tobacco? That's what poor people do and they don't want to be associated with being poor.

This.

REEE

Shill, FUCK OFF.

We all fucking know cigarettes are bad for you. There is no "red pill" here. They cost a lot, people get addicted, and they cause a tar build up in your lungs. Tobacco companies earn fortunes from them.

Just fuck off, because you're shilling.

>ITT: newfags don't know bout niggerettes

The absolute hardest part of quitting smoking, is not buying a pack.

Thats the worst. Cravings go after a few days. But having to talk yourself out of justifying buying a pack is brutal.

>maybe I'll get one tonight because I'm drinking with friends
>traffic sucks, maybe I'll pull off and just buy a pack

Shit like that man. Fucking brutal hard. But its easy when you just keep driving/walking past the store.

Its more or less a "don't look back" moment you need to have when it comes to quitting.

vape bro

why's is women's increasing? them being hos and contracting hpv?

Well, drinking is the worst thing you can do if you want to quit smoking

Also being near friends who are smoking and drinking is also not a good thing because you will feel alone, etc.

If you have a stressful job then I'd understand why would you want to pull off your car buy cigarettes and relax for a few minutes

btw what's the difference between 99s and 100s?

>tfw no more tobacco advertising in f1

>Why is there such a crusade against tobacco, specially cigarettes?

War on personal freedom. Instead of sweeping reforms to take your rights away all at once, they're slowly eroded so gradually that you don't notice.

feels good not being addicted to this bullshit.

now only Milo and PJW need to stop smoking.
they're smart enough to dump the tabacco jew.

I do D: I feel like such a faggot in public with it, so I hide it in shame often. But when I play videogames and shit I smoke it.

I wish I could smoke weed, but can't b/c work.

In Japan (at least in major cities) you can't smoke on the streets
It won't take long before this is implemented in europe and north america

Prepping us for our new marijuana overlords.

Theres really no difference. Camel just calls their shit 99's for some reason. I could google for a better answer but eh.

Some days are brutal rough and a cig would be nice, but not smoking is overall better feeling in the long run for me. Just the fact that I can taste and smell again is a giant bonus.

But what got me to smoke, and stick with it this time, is what someone close to me said. And that is:

>Have you ever seen a smoker above the age of 40 who looks happy? I mean generally happy.

Kids smoking look happy a lot, its a social thing at that age, thats how the habbit starts most of the time. But have you ever actually seen someone over the age of 40 whos smoking, who looks happy? That answer interests me honestly seeing as you're in a different culture. Lets see if it holds true.

Just fucking ban it completely, don't just ruin the design.

This desu. I used to dip pretty much every day, and when I broke the addiction the first time it was rough, couldn't sleep right, was in a mental haze, but after 3 days it was all fine. Ever since then I've had no cravings at all, but the hardest part of trying to quit is the habits of tossing a pinch in when I get on my computer at night and trying not to buy a can whenever I go into a gas station to buy something.

I actually avoided going inside a gas station for over 2 years because of that fact. The thing that always draws me back is long road trips, gives you something to keep you focused and you can't avoid going into the gas stations

> be me
> decide to quit today
> finished pack 3 hours ago
> headache coming on

I've got nicotine gum but I want to save it for cravings and not headaches. Wish me luck bros. let's beat the nicotine Jew together.

Medicare is the one for old people to die with some dignity to their name.
Medicaid is the nigger one.

People are miserable, I just think the fact they smoke is not related to their frustations

There are many people who smoke thinking they are dying, they are causing damage to other people, etc. Perhaps that's why they look dead

Cigarettes smell bad, are not healthy and could do harm after years of use. However this is not reason why it should be banned.

Tobacco WILL kill you.

Marijuana won't, Alcohol PROBABLY won't but it could.

and Marijuana is illegal anyway.

>nicotine gum
whyquit.com/pr/120108.html

I started smoking after hitting the lowest point in my life. It was just one of those, " well at this point if I die early it'll make no difference " kind of thing. I was stuck in that spot for a very long time mentally.

Only getting into the gym, eating healthy and reading NatSoc material managed to lift me out of my depression. Now once I eliminate cigarettes I'll be free to ascend

Never understood the appeal of menthol, it's give your lungs a vaporub.

Why do you think that you can't be happy and smoke? You have to quit smoking to be happy?

>Complaining about vice taxes

You don't need tobacco. You've gotten yourself addicted to something that does not benefit you or society in any way, Therefore you pay a premium on it.

Vice taxes are the one form of taxation that you have NO cause for complaining about. It's your shitty lifestyle choice, and they are voluntary taxes that you choose to pay by making that shitty choice.

If Recreational Marijuana was to be made legal, great, if you want to slap on a big vice tax on it, that's great too. I will not complain about it because I am voluntarily paying it. (although if they want to keep the black market at bay they need to make sure it's not too much more expensive than black market weed)

>You don't need tobacco.
You don't need bacon, alcohol, bread, chicken nuggets and communist literature

put 60% tax on those products.

alchohol isn't bad for you if you arn't drinking like a degenerate

Infact it has health benefits

Thanks mate. Looks like no gum either. This is going to be a rough couple of days.

I don't want to smoke because I have a reason to live now. Something to strive for, even if it is just to spite Schlomo.

Who said if you smoke you'll die young?

Trudeau's father died at 90 and he smoke more than 2 cigars PER DAY

2 cigars per day are equal 50~60 cigarettes.

bacon, bread, and chicken are food. Bread is in fact a staple and chicken might as well be a staple.

Alcohol DOES have excise taxes on it, precisely because it is a vice. We don't need it, so yes, we pay taxes on it voluntarily.

There's nothing commie about taxing your shitty, medically expensive addiction.

Don't want to pay the taxes? Stop smoking. You'll improve your lifespan keep more money in your pocket and not get wrinkles at 30 and won't have stained teeth.

Cigars are significantly less hard on your body than cigarettes, as are pipes.

My great grandfather is 91 and there isn't a moment hes awake when he isn't puffing on a lit pipe.

If you're a cigarette smoker you're effeminate with no self control.

If you're a cigar smoker then you're a man with class and culture.

That's because cigar smokers and pipe smokers tend not to inhale. They can get mouth cancer but have less instances of heart disease, lung cancer, and COPD than cigarette smokers. Cigarette smoking and inhaling causes the most health problems.

That said, you can still get oropharyngeal cancer, and can still have other complications, it can still be the cause of death, usually from heart disease but in the 90's that's a common cause of death anyway.

because people dont understand that smoking everyday is bad for you, but having a couple of cigarettes a month isn't really a big deal.

in all the liberalism and progressiveness, people don't understand moderation, or conservative values.

people honestly give it their all in order to give themselves lung cancer, and its just because they're stupid.

but to be fair, I've never met anyone that only smokes a couple of cigarettes a month.

I would happily contribute to the genetic engineering of a virus/bacteria/fungus designed to kill tobacco plants.

>bacon, bread, and chicken are food
But you don't need it and there are many studies claiming bacon is addictive.

>Fatty foods may cause cocaine-like addiction
edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/03/28/fatty.foods.brain/

Let's apply 60% not only to bacon and chicken nuggets but to ice cream, cake and corn syrup.

Don't you want to pay the taxes? stop eating fatty foods.

Then it's safe to say the anti-cigarette crusade is due to other components there but not because of tobacco?
They call it the tobacco tax.

you don't inhale cigars

also nice subtle maymay