Trump Travel Ban

So I'm at a liberal university hellhole, and all I've been hearing about the ban is that it's anti-muslim and terrible. I just want the straight-up facts of this shit, what's really going on?

Lurk more fag

Trump imposed a 90 day ban on 7 countries Obama identified as currently or very likely to fall into political instability, and become a breeding ground for anti-American terrorism, in order to revamp the vetting system. These countries are unsurprisingly Muslim majority countries, and Trump insisted on putting the order out too fast for refugees to swarm in before the ban is enacted. The media is going hard on the narrative that

1. It's a racist muslim ban
2. Trump only banned countries he has no business in

Ignoring that fact that 40 other muslim countries are not on the ban, countries wracked by muslim conflicts are the most likely to spawn jihadism, and that no sane person in 2017 would have business investments in those very countries.

Thanks for the intelligent input

so the main objective of this ban is just to keep refugees out?

what he said

The whole ban seems like Trump doesnt know what he's doing. All the terrorist attacks have been from the ones he hasnt banned.

it doesn't seem like terrorism is really a threat, what is the real motivation behind these bans?

That's my point. It seems like there is no reason for these bans. Hence why people are outraged, an rightly so.

Its based on modern threats. No one cares if some Saudis blew up some buildings 16 years ago. Go check the banned countries terrorism index.

The main objective of the ban is to give Homeland Security time to overhaul the vetting system so we can let people in without having to worry about another San Bernadino or Pulse shooting.

>it doesn't seem like terrorism is really a threat
Aaaaaaand it's a troll.

Alright guys, great thread, thanks for coming, see you guys.

Any source on that?

Is Indonesia on the list?
> no
Then it's not a Muslim ban

Wow it's almost like he's living in the (((current year))) since he can't prevent terrorist attacks that have already happened.

Or it's like he has no idea what he's doing and you drumpftards are in denial

$0.10 has been deposited to your account.

Sort of, it's a double sided coin. The point of the ban is to target the elites in those countries and send a message to them, the upside is that the 'refugees' from those countries cannot also come to the US and overstay their visas aka become illegals.

it's not a ban you retards

Thanks.

okay I worded that poorly. It's not a huge threat, and if we were really trying to prevent terrorism we would just ban all muslims. I just meant that preventing terrorism doesn't seem to be the main motivation behind this executive order.