Why procreate?

Geniuses realise that it's not productive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/daK0sfBG5cg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time is the only thing of value in this life

Would you sell your last hours on earth for $15/h?

everything is a supply and demand

How about spending your last hours on earth caring for another?

>Geniuses realise that it's not productive
>t. heard it often from her parents

humanity was a mistake

Sup Forums believes they are passing on their genes. They don't realise that they're not passing on their genes, they are passing on the genes of their parents, their parents, their parents. All the way back to the first humans

Geniuses realise that there are enough stupid people out there to prevent the extinction of the human race. Let them spend the only time they'll ever have, ensuring time for another

since its a shill post thread anyway.
whats the story behind this pepe?

Biology is arbitrary and will soon be manipulated. Immortality can only be achieved mimetically, by creating ideas that others in the future will copy
indeed, if you only care for genetics, you can hardly call yourself a sentient being

No!

I'm not going this path

Yes, it is. You are literally producing a new person.

I wonder who could be behind this post...

Geniuses realise that the only productive use of time is to explore and understand their own existence. If other people benefit from it, it's a happy accident

youtu.be/daK0sfBG5cg

Read

>understand their own existence
Whats there to understand?
You are. end of story.
nah, this pepe looks way more "well fed" than woes does.

Once you're dead, what does it matter what happens after that? Why do you care about future, still non existent people?

But that doesn't refute my point. It doesn't even attempt to. 'Other people will do it for me' does not make reproduction non-productive.

neck yourself, your not smart, your biological waste.

>what's there to understand?

Thank you for your sacrifice

ReadFor the individual, which is all you should care about, the valuable time must be spent on gathering knowledge and fostering wisdom

>Mindset of a kid.
>Only i matter.

well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for your sacrifice of valuable time. The future humans can't thank you, so I will on their behalf. Because you won't even be a memory in 5 generations

I understand that point. You have repeated it three times. You claimed that producing new people was non-productive. What you think an individual's priorities should be does not actually support or refute that point. It just exists alongside it.

What wisdom have you fostered, if the only way you can reply to a man's question is by shadowboxing with a point outside of the initial conversation?

only because you have daddy problems, doesnt mean you should disrespect your ancestors.

Reproducing uses time that could be spent on understanding existence. For the genius, this is a waste. Because he realises that once that time is gone, he can't get it back. He will never benefit from the next human wasting time on providing more time for the next human. When he dies, he will have done everything he could've to prepare for that event. He won't turn to God or other humans. His comfort will come from wisdom

They are dead. They are not even worm food anymore. They are not even dust. They cannot be disrespected

>For the genius, this is a waste
Are you a genius?
>They are not even dust. They cannot be disrespected
still bones, but thanks for proving my point.

you are definetly too smart to reproduce.
dont do it. you are soooo brave chasing your goals.

Well put

I didn't say it should be every individuals priorities. Only the smart ones. Others should occupy their time with something. Why not the roll of the dice that another genius may result. If the human race goes extinct 5min after I die, it won't make any difference to me

Genius enough to not fall for the time wasting Jew

>time wasting Jew
whats that again?

It doesn't mean you should spend every waking second on understanding. It should be a default mode. Any other time however should be spent on physical pleasure, addictions, fulfilment. Not spent on other humans. If you invest YOUR valuable time on them, how do you know they'll capitalise on that investment? How do you know they won't just spend that time on their own personal fulfilment? If they do, was that a better decision and use of THEIR time than YOURS?

A Genius will advance the group through his intellect more than he will advance the group through having children.
When you understand the genius will be related to group and so the group will carry dna of the genius and visa versa you can view to choice to not procreate as the choice to maximise the genius' dna success.

I'm finished with you. You are nothing to me than a contrary argument that hasn't stimulated any response from me because it's not much of an argument. Here's another pepe

Thank you Brit bro. A little more eloquent than my attempts at describing my position. You get it

And it also continues existence as a whole. What better lens to observe human nature as it grows and changes over time than by raising a child? You literally have the ability to carry out an extremely complex experiment in how human consciousness functions, relates to the world, reacts to all its positive and negative elements. Are we really going to act as though there is nothing a man can learn from leading a child from infancy to adulthood?

No, reproduction is not a scholastic exercise. But it's hardly a waste of time, either.

Again, none of this supports the point that 'reproduction is non-productive'. I see what you are trying to say, that people residing in the far upper end of the IQ bell-curve would be better served by spending their time on academic pursuits rather than child-rearing. I don't doubt the truth of that. But it does not support your original point, that reproduction is a non-productive exercise.

>u. You are nothing to me than a contrary argument that hasn't stimulated any response from me

Stimulated a shit ton of stupid answers.
Not want your pepe shill.

Although it's not a goal to advance the group. As I said, if it happens, it's a happy accident

Non productive to the genius. Let other people roll the dice, gamble or invest their most valuable asset in another human that may do nothing but create another

You are right. There is something to learn about watching the development of another human being. But that can be observed through others children. If you believe that is the subject that will give you more understanding, get into the child care industry

No one has asked me if I'm atheist. Or if religion has anything to offer. Why don't you take that side of the argument

>Non productive to the genius. Let other people roll the dice, gamble or invest their most valuable asset in another human that may do nothing but create another

At some point you are going to have to stop trying to use this argument. You are stuck on it rather insistently. The fact that normal people can do it doesn't make it non-productive to the genius. A genius can glean all the same lessons from raising a child as a person in the middle hump of the bell curve can. Hell, a real genius could probably find a way to derive MORE knowledge from that experience, if anything.

>You are right. There is something to learn about watching the development of another human being. But that can be observed through others children. If you believe that is the subject that will give you more understanding, get into the child care industry

Again, 'other people can do it' doesn't make it non-productive for a specific group of people. I keep pointing out flaws in this premise and you are so thoroughly stuck in its orbit that it's beginning to make me doubt your 'genius', and assume autism. Hallmark characteristic.

You copied my post but didn't fully comprehend it. Get into child care if you think that is the subject to bring understanding. Spend 5 years studying 10 different children at different ages and observe their development. Why invest 20-30?

It is non productive TO THE GENIUS because whatever can be learned from that experience, can be learned in less time than it takes for 1 single child to develop. Also I'm not sure this subject holds the same opportunity as science, philosophy, visceral experience. That's a decision for you

>You copied my post but didn't fully comprehend it.

What is there to comprehend? Is there something to your argument other than 'let average people do it' that I have missed? Could you direct me to what else you have said?

>Spend 5 years studying 10 different children at different ages and observe their development. Why invest 20-30?

Return on investment. One day, you are going to grow old and become unable to financially support yourself. A person with children can hand their affairs off to their children so that they know everything they worked for will be in the hands of somebody they care for when they pass. A childless teacher does not have that legacy.

Or would it be a play only a non-genius would make, to solidify your legacy to persist beyond your death. After all, a legacy is the sum total of both your accomplishments, and your transgressions in life. If you are a valuable person with insight and talent who has the raw ability to make a lasting, positive impact on the world then it would make perfect sense for you to seek out a way to solidify your influence upon it after you expire.

Now, please, give me something other than 'but if you don't make baby you can read more books'. It is not a strong argument for intelligent celibacy.

Women are harder than a battle.

A genius can simply publish a book or collection of studies that will last throughout the ages and benefit many people, he has no need to spend 18 years raising and taking care of and spending lots of money on a child. You have no guarantee your child will even follow your legacy, many children diverse from their parents careers.

You say it is wise to solidify your legacy. You say that you want your influence to persist after you're gone.
When you're time is gone, it's gone. You don't sit back and go "ah, that was a good effort. Now let's see what happens"
You are dead. You don't think, feel or care at all. Why do you care what others think of you after the fact?
Have you confronted your own mortality user?

Why stop at procreation?
Save time in every single way you possibly can!

Wear adult diapers!

Chewing? Who's got time for that?
Blend and slurp!

With all this time you're going to save, you will live to be 300 years old!

You probably think your comment is witty or clever but it's not at all.

to procreate i need money
i don't have money so i can't procreate

Producing a human isn't productive ?

Time is the only thing of value. It is something that is consumed. It is spent, wasted, used. Use it on yourself. It is yours after all

>A genius can simply publish a book or collection of studies that will last throughout the ages and benefit many people, he has no need to spend 18 years raising and taking care of and spending lots of money on a child.

Who had more impact on your comprehension of virtue, life's purpose, and moral existence: your favorite philosopher, or your mother? Who did you learn more from?

Parents will almost always have a much deeper effect on the development of the youth than a distant academic who published some papers.

>You have no guarantee your child will even follow your legacy, many children diverse from their parents careers.

Of course, very little in life is guaranteed aside from death. But if you are a truly grounded, intelligent, and virtuous person then even your children do not content themselves to serve your legacy then you can rest easy knowing that they will make the painstaking effort of cementing their own. And their legacies could be worse than your legacy, or it could be better. Again, there are no guarantees.

But the fact remains that some day you will perish, and there will need to be someone around to march forward with whatever torch you carried in life. You can abandon all agency over who fills your place when you die, or you can take it into your own hands and use your experience and intellect to craft a person who will continue to be a net benefit to society after you have died.

Which sounds like the play of the true genius: passing the buck or embracing the challenge?

I'm getting sick of referencing previous posts
Read

I don't know about witty or clever, but it was supposed to mock the ones who have fallen for the jewish propaganda.
'Saving' time or 'wasting' it, the result is the same - you die.
You can either have a wife and children who will love you and whom you will love, or you can die never knowing what being loved feels like.

If I answered your first question truthfully, you wouldn't believe me simply because it counters your argument. Think about that question

This.

I've been in love several times. I know what love is. I didn't need to tie myself to another to understand love. I know it well enough to know I can live without it also

There's really no reason procreate. People do it because it's the norm.

>Who had more impact on your comprehension of virtue, life's purpose, and moral existence: your favorite philosopher, or your mother? Who did you learn more from?
I've learned nothing from my mother besides basic facts, thoughts on religion and lifes meaning are way more articulated by times greatest scholars, you can learn far more from them.
>Of course, very little in life is guaranteed aside from death. But if you are a truly grounded, intelligent, and virtuous person then even your children do not content themselves to serve your legacy then you can rest easy knowing that they will make the painstaking effort of cementing their own. And their legacies could be worse than your legacy, or it could be better. Again, there are no guarantees.
>But the fact remains that some day you will perish, and there will need to be someone around to march forward with whatever torch you carried in life. You can abandon all agency over who fills your place when you die, or you can take it into your own hands and use your experience and intellect to craft a person who will continue to be a net benefit to society after you have died.
These are 18 years of your life you are resting on a pure GAMBLE. Think of all the knowledge you could amass by not raising a child. By having one, you are hoping they don't die in a car crash or become a meth addict, or any of the million things that could happen making them have no legacy or use. There are no guarantees, and such that makes a bigger reason a genius should have no need for a child whom he has no idea will be of any benefit, even if you do "raise him right", you have no clue if it is a good idea, while spending time publishing your ideas is far less of a risky gamble.

>What is there to comprehend? Is there something to your argument other than 'let average people do it' that I have missed? Could you direct me to what else you have said?

Yes. Understanding your own existence. Ensuring your ancestors genes are passed on gets in the way of this

Who is of greater benefit, the person who spent their life providing knowledge and improving the human race, or the one who had a family for the selfish reason of "love"?

You worry about so much that happens after you lose the ability to worry. You will die one day. Your children will know you, and their children. But your children's children will only see you in photos or videos. Their grandchildren won't even know your name. What's the name of your great, great, great grandparents? Do you frequently talk about their accomplishments? Or their legacy? I'd say you are being shortsighted but I think it's more delusion to avoid a terrible truth

You're not as nearly as smart as you think you are. I can tell that you've swallowed the jewish poison.
Either way, enjoy posting cartoon frogs on an anime image board with all the time you will save. Enjoy being a social leech, sucking onto the rotting welfare tit, while slowly but surely losing your will to get out of the bed in the mornings. And if you find a job, enjoy making money for somebody else who doesn't even share your genes.

Either way you're gonna spend your life doing things for the benefit of other people. At least this way you get to do it for the people you care about.
Additionally, what stops you from writing your fantasy novel in your spare time?

Intelligence is heredity so """"""""""""""""Geniuses"""""""""""""""" who don't procreate are not "being productive" and so they're actually stupid

>By having one, you are hoping they don't die in a car crash or become a meth addict

You do realize you can take steps to prevent this, right? Only idiot parents content themselves with 'rolling the dice'. Decent people instill a set of values in their children which help guide them away from idiotic behavior.

> spending time publishing your ideas is far less of a risky gamble.

I had a hunch you have never had an academic paper published, and I can now confirm that fact. I have, and it is a crapshoot. Not to mention half of academic papers published these days are nothing but halfhearted postmodernist drivel. If you knew what a shitheap those publishing houses were I have a strong suspicion you wouldn't hold them in such obviously high esteem. Many excellent essays and research articles get buried for political and personal reasons, while dogshit gets floated to the top. It is nothing even close to the organized stack of scholastic purity you seem to think it is.

I'm not trying to say that children aren't a gamble, even when you do things right. But you seem to be of the opinion that a parent lacks any agency in deciding this, and you would be wrong on that account. How children are raised does matter.

>Yes. Understanding your own existence. Ensuring your ancestors genes are passed on gets in the way of this

>my ancestors passing on their genes is what gave me my existence
>passing on my genes would get in the way of me understanding my existence

Are you even remotely aware of how foolish you sound right now? You think that you can gain a higher understanding of your own existence by not practicing the mechanism which caused you to exist in the first place?

That's like trying to learn calculus before you master basic arithmetic.

That's where you may be wrong. Have you ever heard of nature or nurture? Is it genes? Or environment? How many Einsteins are working dead end jobs to put food in another's mouth?

Divine mandate commands to be fruitful and multiply.

Societal mandate requires each family produce at least two children to continue the society.

Traditional Western Culture needs to continue and b that requires raising children to propagate tradition.

The white race needs to continue to keep this planet from falling into extinction.

The culture war needs soldiers to fight back the (((marxist))) menace.

You personally need to ensure the propagation of your genetic lineage as well as live for something other than yourself.

And in the end someone to hold your hand as you pass so your last thought as a living thing is that you have done well and the world was a little better than you've left it.

The left is the cult of "ME" and thankfully it will breed itself out.

>you do realize you can take steps to prevent this, right? Only idiot parents content themselves with 'rolling the dice'. Decent people instill a set of values in their children which help guide them away from idiotic behaviour

So your saying this is garunteed? A person with a good upbringing can't die in an accident? Does every single one turn into a success?

So why didn't Einstein and other bright people raise children when those children could've have a golden ticket to life? Like geniuses have esteem, success, money even so they have an obligation to raise a child

You also said earlier that making babies is a waste of time because you could be spending time raising a child instead on """""""understanding"""""" when making a baby out of nothing is part of understanding existence. You once were just a baby too.

I came into existence of none of my own actions. It's alright if you have kids user. This is not a personal attack on you. Thank you for your sacrifice

I'm not a leftist. These are your beliefs and aspirations. My aspirations are to spend the only time I have on my own intellectual and spiritual development. I have no care for what happens once in gone

You people care too much about how others perceive you and too much about things you can't control. You claim to be enlightened and free, but your mind is your prison cell

>So your saying this is garunteed?

I literally said it wasn't guaranteed. I said it twice.

Maybe you're right - maybe geniuses would be best served by never procreating and instead sticking wholly to scholastic pursuits. But if that is the case, then I suggest you start looking for a girlfriend. Because you do not fall into the former category.

It's productive in creating more geniuses

Also I already understand the biological process behind creating a human. I don't need to do it to understand it. I know I was a baby once. I made no decision and took no action for this to happen. I'm using the sacrificed time of my ancestors on myself. I bet they wished they done the same

You've done a bit of mud slinging. I've not once commented on your personal intellect or called you names. If this makes you feel better, feel free, because I couldn't care less about your opinion. I was hoping your argument would shape mine. I was wrong

Also "literally" serves no purpose in that sentence. I didn't think you were ever speaking figuratively. I would have understood you without it. Read it without that word. Then stop using it

No one took the spiritual or religious argument. I thought this would be a bit more interesting than a BBC thread. My optimistic expectations of Sup Forums have let me down again. One more Pepe for the road