Anyone from Scotland have any advice for someone visiting?

I finally finished my family tree via ancestory.com
Also did a DNA test but I just sent it off Monday.

Anyways, I do not want to visit a cucked area, looking for advice. I wanted to post on Sup Forums because I want the 100% truth about Scotland and what I should avoid while there, and what to prepare for.

Okay, my dad's family all came from Scotland, originally. I traced the family back to a area called Ben More in Scotland. Is anyone familiar with that area? I have a flight planned for the 8th of August for a week long vacation in Scotland. Just trying to get some info they may not be talked about

My mom's family came from different locations in the UK, I will visit these places this upcoming summer.

Why ask here?

he explains why at least twice in his post..

YOURE AMERICAN, STOP LOOKING FOR YOUR "HERITAGE"

seriously whats up with this? you should be a proud american

Because I want to travel while I have a 60% discount on airline fees. I have been to many countries, and shit on vacation before. I wanted to go to the place my ancestors lived.

I am a proud America, I served my country from 1999-2005. When my people need me again, I will be there to help them.

You can't have "American" in your blood. I identify as American of course, but why can't I explore my ethnic heritage?

Call the people in Scotland "Scotch" they love it.

Visit Edinburgh and only go to the old part, royal mile. There's nothing else.

Tell everyone you meet you are Scotch. They love meeting Americans.

That sounds like a trap.

>upcoming summer

Gnats. So many gnats.

that's not the Wilson family crest.

Buy one of those tam o' shanter caps with the fake orange hair at the sides and research your clan tartan so you know what pattern to wear on your kilt. Greet everyone you meet with a 'glasgow kiss' (butt your head against theirs).

I just used google. do you have a real one?

>You can't have "American" in your blood

yes you can. i would consider myself american if i was. I'd say i have americain my blood.

Yes but it's tattood onto my brother's back.

Nah, they're welcoming people and will appreciate that you view yourself as one of them.

Thats cool. I wanted to get a tattoo also.
I wouldnt have just used that one I posted, I would have researched the crest more. That was just a quick find to make the thread.

You sound like the opposite of me. My mother is from Scotland and my father is from UK.

>why can't I explore my ethnic heritage

Because you probably don't 'explore' being American just like Brits don't explore being British. Which is why is looks so cringeworthy, since we don't identify with historical groups but rather the Britain today. I don't understand why this is so confusing for American tourists to grasp.

I'm afraid most common names like wilson never had family crests. The ones you find online have all been designed recently. The number of families with actual historical crests is very small.

>americain
Literally beef to put between bread

Thats cool dude. I hope I get my DNA results back early next week. I know my great grand mother on my mothers side (my moms moms mom) has almost 100% native america blood. My great grandfather on my mom's side was Irish, spoke with a Irish accent.

Thanks for the information. I will get something done, if its not a family crest. I will think of something neat to get tattooed

Have to get back to work, thanks for the replies. We have the best people dont we folks?

No worries. I was disappointed that mine was not a real crest either but at least you know you aren't descended from the French (who were the nobility) You can crteate your own crest too. one of my friends grandad's made his own crest and bought himself some land to get some noble standing as lord of something something farmlands.

>TFW have my own clan tartan
>Be pure-blooded

Sharts will never have this

>americans, citizens of the most influential power of all time in all disciplines and arts, will never have a minute deviation grid pattern from 15th century primitive wool knits that were achieved in the bronze age associated with a poverty stricken sheep fucking group of inbreds whose country has never been relevant

They sure are missing out user.