I just found out that Universities in USA have their own police force

I just found out that Universities in USA have their own police force.

Can some kind American explain why research and educational institutions would need a police force?

They're armed with firearms on top of that.

Why?

fucking ridiculous

Niggers.

what a waste of money

Since when a public research institution with the prestige of Berkeley has ghetto trash that require to be kept in line 3 times a day?

>how would you like your higher education senpai?

>just bomb my shit up

Shameless bump.

I don't find "niggers" a satisfactory answer since it's universities are not brazilian favelas.

Why don't they just use police force run by the city department like everyone else in the country?

To protect minorities from hate crimes you oppressive shitlord.

Niggers don't go to school.

Because the kids are not there to learn and without cops to stop them the whole campus would essentially be one huge drug den, underage drinking would be rampant, etc.

Notice the people who don't believe the "niggers" answer are non Americans.
I can be denied a spot in university and have that spot given to someone "more disadvantaged" than me. For "fairness."
So the answer, after years of this practice, is indeed niggers.

I'll take niggers for $500, Alex

>underage drinking
>university campus
does not compute

mind elaborating?

Alcohol abuse among university students is a problem in Poland here as well but the idea of maintaining a police force dedicated to that seems ridiculous.

In my campus there are Russians who recently started brewing moonshine in their bathtube.

>Why don't they just use police force run by the city department like everyone else in the country?

cuz its too expensive and large Unis are cities unto themselves...makes a lot of sense. The citizens of town dont want to pay for policing date rapers and drunk idiots which is most of they do...

But the police maintained by a public university is funded from the public money, so what's the difference?

what is uc berkley two fucking days ago?
I'll take democrats for $100, Alex

American universities have diversity quotas. Niggers are prioritized in scholarships.

Also drinking and drug abuse doesn't explain having bomb squads.

University campuses are the size of small towns with about 15,000 young adults living on campus. Drugs, rape, and speeding tickets (this especially) creates demand for a specialty police force

This

This. It's so damn hard to get a scholarship for a white male. Affirmative action is a plague on the education system.

>Shameless bump.
you can't bump your own thread new friend.
but to answer your original question colleges are generally pretty big so they have their own police force so that it does not put stress onto the surrounding towns resources and also have a faster response time.

Big campuses in america are big enough to be small cities.

Since the campus functionally doubles as a giant homeless shelter, and kicks off violent protests/riots that smash up the bank next door 4-6 times a year.

In addition, UC berkley has lawrence livermore labs. They do nuclear research, including nuclear weapons.

Right. The crime on campus is also different enough from the regular street crime that it makes sense to have a separate force. More foot patrols, and golf carts. Fewer long range patrols.

Sure they do. You can find them panhandling up and down the main path at Berkley every single day.

>you can't bump your own thread new friend.
Had no idea. This is the first non-bait thread I made in years

Liberal ideas don't flourish when confronted with harsh reality so it's important to have a small army of conservative security officers to make sure the younglings stay safe.

I know you're baiting but my school actually had dozens (of each) of armed robberies, car jackings, rapes and etc. every year.

New Orleans is a bad place.

>I just found out that Universities in USA have their own police force.
They are part of the city's police force. Usually it is made up of trainees or people who got demoted.

They need police forces to shield them from the niggers and gangbanging spics so that they can talk about how great niggers and spics are in their social science classrooms without cognitive dissonance.

Some universities are literally the size of cities. They can have upwards of 40,000 students. When people say "university town," they don't mean a town with a university in it. They mean a town that grew around a university as a result of the demand for housing, amenities, entertainment, food, etc.

I'm not baiting.

I'm genuinely wondering cause I see no reason why it's a separate institution instead of employing more regular police officers to cover the same area.

Because muh 1 in 5 women get sexually assaulted on campuses

In seriousness, local police forces do not have the manpower to patrol college campuses by themselves, especially in a city like Boston where 1 in 5 people are students. Even though most of the time they are just chilling with a smoke and being speeding nazis to anyone who dares go >2 mph over the speed limit, their presence is necessary on the assumption that they are doing their job.

Most importantly, it protects the universities from lawsuits because that's how we operate over here.

Affirmative Action my friend.

Also young white people are a prime target for niggers from off campus.If we didn't have blacks, honestly a night guard with just a cell phone and mace would be all that's needed on a campus.

>They mean a town that grew around a university as a result of the demand for housing, amenities, entertainment, food, etc.
Do university students live outside campuses?

My campus had 50 police officers in addition to countless security contractors because City Police (NOPD) were basically worthless.

Crime on my campus was so bad that you didn't walk around at night without some sort of protection on your person.

Serious answer incoming: campuses are big and are hard to travel especially if normal officers don't know names of buildings. If there's an emergency, public safety can immediately go to the area since they have a vast knowledge of the uni

Because the school will get sued for creating an unsafe learning environment instead of the city for not adequately protecting the students. It's more often than not on private property at least on the east coast.

well i mean that doesn't have any greater significance in the United States.

University Police are babysitters for drunk students and having their own force lets them bury minor scandals without getting attention or leaving any records. also theives like university campuses because college students are bad at keeping track of their posessions.

>mfw i never experienced college campus life
>Became a wagecuck at 18 having barely finished high school.

Is college life as good as it sounds?

Enforce drug laws.

that makes sense

in some countries policing is funded by central government or by local authorities that are funded mostly by central govt

I guess in the US things are a bit more segregated - lots more smaller police forces/sheriffs depts and they're often directly funded by the local population through local taxes

I don't think Berkley has a diversity quote as it is a public university and that would be against Californian law

It depends on the size of the campus and the location.

Cornell is its own zip code because it's in the middle of nowhere, so student options are limited. Schools like that tend to be like Walmart.

Schools that are closer to major urban areas typically have much less since students have more options to choose from so the burden on the university is smaller.

Ohio State student population alone is over 65,000. That doesn't account for faculty

this

No it isn't. It's just 4 more years of high school unless you are getting a specialized degree.

Witnessed.

>In my campus there are Russians who recently started brewing moonshine in their bathtube.
You are mad because you don't have place to swim with your carp?

My university has a modest

I live in a city that has two universities in it and students live all over the place.

Because most universities have sports teams composed of athletic nogs with nothing to do all day once they get done with practice.

Some school are huge to the point then can be considered town or cities.

WHAT THE FUGG

That's nothing. America apparently has mail cops.

>federal agents, drop the stamps NOW!

>Ohio State student population alone is over 65,000
>My university has a modest

Kek has confirmed it, no?

Don't listen to this guy, if you have any social skills at all and actually go to events and shit at a big college, it's fun as hell.

Many US universities are larger than most towns. State schools can have 50 thousand under grads and thousands of faculty, staff, and grad students.

yeah, but the debt/job prospects aren't worth it

also you only get the full hedonism if you're literally frat chad

otherwise you'd better like doing research cause it's the most important thing on your resume now

Your numbers are irrelevant, a more relevant number would be something like, how many spics, niggers, drugs or guns do you have in your country?

Because theyre gun free zones so they need someone there to protect them just in case :^)

It would not make sense for 20 small colleges in one city to each have their own police force

Many highschools actually have dedicated police here too, at least in the city. For fights and violence (for blacks, mostly).

I believe the nigger theory

BECAUSE IT'S AMERICAH! FUCK YEAH!!

Niggers.

It's the niggers.

KEK

How does Ruskie understand the intricacies of american universities so well?

Don't fall for the multiculturalism meme Poland.

Unlike the Americans, the rest of the world's countries actually learn something about other countries.

Envy.

Many US colleges have populations larger than some of your entire cities. Thus, they have their own police force.

Niggers gonna nig specially with the witey girls

You don't have security on your campuses?

Nope.

Campuses, especially the dorms are pretty much catch-as-catch-can places.

Its a liability thing they are not exactly police you just kind of sign in to them being your police when you attend.
Kid gets drunk, as you do in college. Fall hit his head and die.much cheaper when school polices itself

and what about all the revenue they pay into the local coffers by spending (inb4 lol students) and salaries for those employed there etc etc?

Job op aint as good as its made out to be.
College has made me dispize all people my age

cuz democrats dont allow conceal carry

who controls the campus police force? is the local police or do the campus police have their own chief of police?

To keep the dindus in line.

Many American universities have more than 30,000 students not to mention staff. They're the size of cities. Why wouldn't they have university police?

it's honestly weird
don't schools there have actual police officers too? interested also in this

They are real police officers but typically roll under the city police or county sheriff's office if push comes to shove. You will find "resource officers" in public K-12 education and that really is because of the darkies.

This, my uni's police is 100% state troopers

They're halfway between municipal police officers and mall cops. As senpai already said, they mostly deal with college-age shit and feminist rape claims.

It depends on a lot of factors, including state, size of the university, public/private, etc.

Most large publice institutions have a fully independent police force made up of sworn officers. Smaller public institutions may still be independent of local police, or they may be a part of it. Private institutions generally don't have access to sworn officers in many states, so they have to go with a private police force.

All of these are correct. Also, city police departments don't want to be bogged down by having to deal with university affairs and don't have the budget. And oftentimes the residents don't like their tax money going to their police department focusing on the local university.

In most places, the city police and campus police provide mutual city where the campus police can help off-campus, and vice-versa.

>Because muh 1 in 5 women get sexually assaulted on campuses
Campus rent-a-cops are needed to prevent rape accusations against football players from ever making it to real law enforcement.

I would never send a kid to college or uni in USA now days. They are useless and harmful, producing useless and harmful people.