Sort yourself out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2KWXdDYEz10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You must emerge from the underworld intact anons

Pinocchio turned into a real boy, why can't you? Your father is ashamed of you. Grow up.

>ywn get to see a Rogan/JBP/Alex Jones podcast all on at the same time

Why live?

According to him we helped pick the horrible chaos candidate.

To be fair he actually made a non-piss take video on the metaphysics of pepe so.

I am now reading this thread in his voice.

So what are you going to do aboot it?

I don't believe in the golden orb anymore.

Life has no meaning. There is no free will.

tfw the universe transitions from one state into the next based on immutable laws and there is no room for free will.

tfw Meaning is not something we find, it is something that happens, just like we are merely a complex happening. Even if we find the orb it is all just an illusion.

You've stayed in the lake too long, and the beasts that lurk have taken you.

Free will is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme.

The production quality on the new lecture series is phenomenal. Really inspires me to go for the golden ball and sort my Lion King out.

>Things are only true if they benefit humanity
What did he mean by this?

Isn't his schtick that liberals sow Chaos and conservatives Order? I'm pretty sure that it is, and it makes logical sense.

Yes, with the important footnote being that too much of either is immensely damaging and tends to lead to genocide.

Roughly speaking?

Oh yeah, I get that. Harmony, balance, yin and yang. Just figured I'd correct Dad. He's likely into the sauce at this hour.

Sounds like your old man needs to sort himself out.

Anybody remember when he debated Sam Harris and sounded like a babbling fucking idiot.

I was shocked at how unclear his thinking was when he tried to articulate his position to Sam.

I wanted him to win but he fucking sucked. Lost all my respect for him.

inb4 (((sam harris)))

I'm going to bloody read it in his voice as well.

He means that everything can fall apart when you ascend to different levels of perception or understanding - that you may reach a point where you have to operate based on the assumption that every preconception you've ever had is wrong. Logic, rules, everything can fall apart. The only truths you're then left with are the ones that make you and your family stronger.

People are getting mad at him like he invented this idea, but it's pretty basic. Anyone who's ever felt like the illusion of their reality is about to burst, whether through hallucination, trauma or deep introspection, has probably had similar thoughts.

SORT YOURSELF OUT.

YES

is becoming a real boy analogue to become redpilled?

Becoming a real boy transcends the red pill. It's the ultimate barrier.

SHADOW LEADER of the ALT REICH, known only by his nom de guerre "PINOCCHIO"

In a roundabout way, it could. It's about becoming autonomous from ideologies and bad actors that want to control you.

So really it depends on whether being redpilled is following an ideology or not. From the inside I don't think anyone would say it's an ideology, but that's true for any ideology.

Anybody that actually thinks this is an NPC.

Does Sup Forums actually like Jordan Peterson or is this a meme?

Personally I like him. His ideas are pretty interesting and liberals hate him which is always a reason to like someone.

Any UofT students here? I'm considering taking his course and wondering what it's like.

Paco has the right of it. The redpill is really just a political philosophy. Maybe a psychological one too.

Becoming a real boy is much, much broader than that. It's about reaching a level of absolute honesty with yourself. Understanding all of your flaws as well as you understand your strengths, and taking control of them through knowledge. And through exercising in this admittedly difficult manner we will more clearly be able to see what things benefit us, our families, and our communities, and which things do not. Then we need to have the strength to do only what is beneficial and nothing that is not, even when the latter is easier or brings us great immediate benefit at the expense of later harm.

Redpilling is just breaking out of the establishment media trance. Becoming a real boy is about fulfilling your potential as an individual.

I was a patron before the media storm.
I'd recommend you look at his book Maps of Meaning. I haven't had the time yet, but one thing that drew me to JP was that I had already gone through most of his recommended reading list.

Well, okay...it's like...

For anyone interested, it's available as a pdf on his website. Absolutely free.

I imagined.

>becoming autonomous from ideologies
I also noticed Peterson is strongly against ideology, he says that freedom is above ideology.
So politics without ideology are possible? Is it what the American founding fathers did or tried to do?

Anybody take his self-authorship course?

Been thinking about taking it and I was wondering if it is worth the $20 or so that it costs

I means rampant liberalism is not the true way because it dooms humanity.

Who else /hasn'tstartedselfauthoringyet/

JUST. I need to stop putting it off

It means that we have facts and we have scientific empiricism, but how do we approach either without a moral heuristic guiding us? In other words, we find a use for knowing something before we go about knowing it, and that use is usually the survival and reproduction of our genes in some way.

Future you will thank current you, leaf. Start today.

This advice has literally kept me alive the past few months. Still gathering my senses, but goddamn it's true. When NOTHING around you is going right just remember: you can always do something to improve your world space. I started by picking up the dirty clothes that had been laying there forever. Then washed some dishes that had been dirty. Before long you can move into deep stuff, not just trivial chores. But you'll WANT to. You'll want to wake up in the morning and get to fixing.

That's truth my man.

I think that really depends on what you think the definition of red pilling actually is. Under some viewpoints perhaps you redpill so hard you OD and become a flat earther.

is that the guy who sounds like kermit the frog?

I think what he is trying to get at is that neither the left nor the right (no matter the certain flavors) has it right 100%, so subscribing wholly to one ideology is, in his words, the ideology controlling you.

A lot of times he will mention something like the "good mother nature myth" and the "fronteir myth." One is that nature is good and humans, being bad, are ruining it. The other is humans are good and nature is something to be conquered. He would say both are right, but they only tell half the story.

I agree. I think that is what I'm trying to get at. If you start to become redpilled, it's very easy to find deception in everything. So your ideology becomes "they're holding the truth about everything from us" and you start looking for things that aren't there.

This Desu. Jordan was clear as fuck, maybe a little bit too passive if anything. He should have just come out and said Sam was being counter productive and bullheaded because of his own ego.

That whole conversation was retarded. Sam was saying Morality and Science cannot be mixed, they are completely different categories, yet he believes that one can have an Objective, Logic-Based scientific Morality.

The infuriating thing is that Sam isn't even stupid, just... cunty.

Maps of meaning is definitely on my to-read list, which is quite dense. I'm reading War and Peace now, and after that I think I'm going to read the The Gulag Archipelago (by Jordan's recommendation) and Maps of meaning is probably a 3rd.

I share the same or a similar interpretation. Look what happens when liberalism is taken to the extreme: Stalin's Russia, genocide. Look what happens when conservatism is taken to the extreme: Nazi Germany and genocide.

So, practice what's imprinted into our DNA, what all those myths are about: balance. No, I'm not going to let you tell me what words I have to use or can't use. But also no, let's not gas all the Jews.

>moving hands around an imaginary orb intensifies

same. if you want we can go through it together, brother :')

Help me Jordan

I am lost

I am one of the many males not selected.

Please help

I wish to fulfill my biological imperative.

HERE BE DRAGONS

I am 100% certain that whatever he meant it wasn't this.

youtube.com/watch?v=2KWXdDYEz10

51:04 senpai , watch 2 minutes after that.

REPTILES RULE US ALLL

>tfw he actually helped lift me out of depression and beat my social anxiety

Thank you based Syrup Merchant

Truly our Greatest Ally