Why would a citizen need a gun silencer and why is that a priority for congress?

Why would a citizen need a gun silencer and why is that a priority for congress?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs
politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jan/05/laura-ingraham/laura-ingraham-say-claim-90-support-gun-background/
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XjjBtWy-cAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To silently kill someone? Suppresors are human right.

because they are loud and you don't need to wear annoying ear muffs when your operating a firearm with a suppressor. It is all about safety.

And saving your hearing, and noise pollution.

sneak attacks do 60% more damage

It's cool

Nunsence animals in populated areas may be dealt with without disturbing peace.

i have tinnitus, check your privilege..

>need

There's that word again.

This.

Because people who never operated a firearm don't know how loud guns actually are, even with suppressors.

Its more something to not scare the public. When your daughter is sleeping upstairs its gonna be fucking traumatic when a gun goes off, she runs out and there is someone bleeding out on the floor. The neighbors are gonna freak out, its gonna be a huge incident. Instead someone just goes down and the police are quietly called, or not.

because they think silencers are like in the movies when in reality they are still loud as fuck

Maybe we want to hear they cries of pain as we shoot commies like you in the gut and groin?

Because hearing protection sucks.

Got it the wrong way round, cuck.

The correct question is "How does people having silencers sufficiently interfere with the functioning of society that the government should be allowed to intervene in people's personal choices by preventing them from having one if they so wish?"

And the answer is "It doesn't".

So when a nigger breaks into their house they don't wake the neighbors

tinnitus fucking sucks ass thats why you fucking faggot

So as not to alert the neighbors while cleaning out an antifa vice den.

It is a priority for Congress because these violent leftists are subverting our great nation and must be repressed.

Because the Republicans are bought by the gun manufacturers.
That's why the American people didn't get a universal backround check, even when 90% of the people wanted it.

"Silencers" don't silence. Gun guys call them suppressors for a reason. A suppressed rifle is still as loud as a rock concert, a jet engine, or a jackhammer.

The real reason to have one is so you can shoot without deafening or blinding yourself. In a home defense situation, firing a gun can be like flashbanging yourself and you lose situational awareness, which is a major issue if there's a second attacker or if you haven't incapacitated the target. They're also useful in a hunting situation, as they allow you to walk around the woods all day without having to wear ear protection, but you can still fire when necessary without causing hearing damage. They also allow hunting closer to populated areas without disturbing the neighbors, which is why they're legal in some European countries.

The whole idea that they make guns silent is basically early 20th century marketing hype that normies believed was true.

Based ricenigger, have a (you).

This. It helps save your hearing when you are putting 100 rounds while shooting targets

To knock a dozen decibels off that fucker.

>why do you need it?

because fuck you thats why

Cuts down on those annoying noise complaints from neighbors. LET ME SHOOT MY FAMILY IN PEACE YOU CUNTS!!!

A suppressor doesn't silence anything you shitlords

To keep ears alive.

In home defense they won't make your ears ring as much as the other person's. They are only effective for sub-sonic munitions.

This too. If you are varmint hunting, it doesn't spook the cattle, allows you to do a follow-up shot if the distance is far enough, and neighbors don't complain.

>nuisance
>nunsense
What kind of butchery is this, user?

The Father sternly rebuked the Nun, "you're speaking nunsense, m'lady".

Good for home defense (less muzzle flash/noise) and hunting. Also, govt had no right to restrict them in the first place

There's no reason for something that was legal about a hundred years ago to be illegal now just because it scares people.

To protect their hearing when they're shooting a gun. Suppressors don't silence gunfire, it's still over 100 decibels. They're only outlawed because Democrats get all their gun-facts from movies.

You want to talk about political parties being owned by special interests? Do you know why sound suppressors were regulated under the NFA in the first place? Because during the Great Depression, when there were food shortages, some hunters used to go onto private land and poach game and would equip sound suppressors to reduce the likelihood of being detected. Wealthy land owners lobbied Congress to regulate suppressors to stop this practice by imposing a $200 tax stamp - which at the time, during the Depression, was a small fortune - so poorfags couldn't buy them.

It began as an anti-poor law pushed by the wealthy elite who caused the fucking Depression in the first place.

Clearly such a law is inherently unjust and should be repealed.

Excuse me, nunsence.

To add 1kg to your gun making it harder to aim

So you can shoot niggers without the rest of the pack noticing.

Because when I shoot some nigger with my suppressed Sig Sauer, I want to have enough time to masturbate on his corpse before the neighbours call the police on my ass.

loud noises will scare off the second wave (following waves) of intruders

Why shouldn't a citizen own a suppressor?

on the other hand, it decreases recoil

Because shall not be infringed. I understand this is a hard thing for yuropoors to grasp.

It was originally invented and sold as a hearing protection device btw.

So you can get rid of the commies nice and quiet like

Lol what?
The Sig Sauer SRD556 i use in the army are like 350g

I don't see why anyone would want one other than they think it looks cool. Unless you are using subsonic ammo it's still pretty loud.

>1kg

Are you using a Tiger tank for home defense?

Silencers are annoying. They break all the time and you have to constantly ask for air drops.

why is anything a priority in congress at any point in time for anything ever? the only role of the government is to protect personal property, enforce contracts, and keep out foreign invaders. big government allows the jew to take control.

>muh 90%
Thanks for the chuckle.

Heavy pistols are easier to shoot actually (up to an extent)

they are alowed here in norway

so a homemade oil can silencer is like it is in the movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs

What is this silencer you speak of?

In other news, I hear they have been trying to legalize SUPRESSORS, which reduce the noise a fun makes so that you can go shooten with out disturbing the neighbors.

Making the wrong end heavy makes it harder to aim, I guess in an emergency it would be an even bigger issue(imagine you can only use one hand or something)

im not sure why dont you ask the U.K?
They can have silencers under the guise of hearing protection.

because muh raifu doesn't look right without one

>how real is it?
the tattoo fucking rocks man

Another user said it best, but for A) home defense and B) hunting.

If you pull out a handgun when your home is being broken into and fire, you're gonna blind and deafen yourself. Having a suppressor reduces the muzzle flash, and helps suppress the sound of the bang, so you don't hear "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for the next 20 minutes.

Also, when you're outdoors hunting, it allows you the freedom to not have to walk around with hearing protection, and to hunt closer to populated areas without causing too much of a noise disturbance.

They were first marketed as silencers, no point in being pedantic about this stuff.

Are you Amos Yess

I won't lie, I'm almost tempted to fap to that picture.

>guise

that's literally what they're for

It's literally

Their ONLY purpose

Its quiet enough to be safe, but usually quite loud still.

I wish we had suppressors, Im at the range 2 or 3 times and week and even doubling up ear protections is not going to save my hearing.

that's a nice looking toy gun, how is its functionality? how does it in bad weather conditions (sand,water ect;?)

i know brother im just playing dumb

Do you drive your car without a muffler?

To protect your eardrums indoors

>making the wrong end heavy
No. More front end weight helps mitigate recoil and allow faster follow up shots.

A suppressor won't make your pistol noticeably harder to aim. Most people shoot better with one actually.

god that shit looks ugly
>ar15 master race

To not wake my neighbors when I shoot some pet eating coyotes.

politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jan/05/laura-ingraham/laura-ingraham-say-claim-90-support-gun-background/

5 different polls tells me you're a dunce.

because shooting niggers should not be a public nuisance
how fucking new are you

I'd love to see Hickok45 duel-wield these.

So the surveillance state doesn't lose the ability to triangulate your gunshots.

Subsonic low caliber ammo + suppressor = Hollywood irl

"Silencer." They don't make silencers, they make suppressors. You can use them to not get ear damage when shooting and/or hunting while still being aware of your surroundings.

see

>Need

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I want my whole cake back!

>hehe
[EAR SPLITTING LOUDNESS COMMENCES]
>life is good

>A pissed off conservative finally flipping his shit and wading into a sea of progressives.

>That's why the American people didn't get a universal backround check
wut

If you buy a gun from a store you get a background check.

Having a silencer on your hunting rifle is actually encouraged in Norway. Not legal on hand guns though.

They are called suppressors and are useful because it makes firearms hearing safe or at least cause less potential hearing damage without the need for hearing protection.
For home defense suppressors are excellent because you can have it attached to a loaded gun, just run and grab it and you are ready to fire without rupturing your eardrums, or others around you.

babbys watching movies of people without hearing protection firing hundreds of rounds before reloading would believe a "silencer" makes a gun completely silent. Wrong. Even with subsonic loads it would still sound equivalent to dropping a paperback book from 3 feet onto a hard floor. Guns are fucking loud and will cause permanent hearing damage.

As to the question why does anyone need one? Why does anyone need a gun? Why does anyone NEED freedom? You don't need rights or freedom, people still live in North Korea. All you really need is food water and shelter. Deaf people function okay, so nobody needs hearing. I believe people want to continue hearing. Separate needs from wants you plebeian.

I'm talking about private sales and the gun show loopholes. About 40% of all guns in the US are purchased without a back round check. I think both Democrats and Republicans could agree on this.. Matter in fact, the polls show that we do..

to kill antifa fags

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

youtube.com/watch?v=XjjBtWy-cAc

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW QUIET IT IS"

SEE

If that's true then how come whenever it comes to a vote in states with direct democracy it gets defeated or just barely passes.

In Nevada universal background checks only passed by 51%

Guns are fucking loud and cause hearing damage. Suppressors help dapper the nose by a few magnitudes

To save your hearing, guns are loud as fuck.

>l sound equivalent to dropping a paperback book from 3 feet onto a hard floor.
How many pages is your paperback?

>Why would a citizen need a gun silencer and why is that a priority for congress?

What?!?
I couldn't understand you from the lifetime of gunfire that has damaged my hearing.

Because the polls that I'm referring to were conducted right after Sandy Hook. The Democrats proposed the bills at the same time with overwhelming support from both Republicans, Democrats and even NRA members, but the ultra-corrupt Republicans slapped it down.

A .22 has hardly any gases to capture and suppresses rather well.

Move up to larger caliber and noise mitigation becomes harder.

>also protip: a "wet" suppressor is far quieter than a dry one

So crackers can reduce their muzzle flash when their shooting up a school in the dark.

to not appear on the radar

Why would you spend money on that ugly grip and mag instead of an optic?

This desu