Believing in God is a mental disorder

>adults who unironically believe there is a God or life/consciousness after death belong in an asylum, not in society.

Discuss, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Soul
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>actually believes God is an actual man in the sky
Retard alert

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Soul

the earths flat.

Yeah, but he's a white male.
>Opinion discarded.

Atheism is the purist form of self-worship

when someone brings out arguments
> it's all just a metaphor lmao
otherwise
> it's all actually true tho

>actually believes God is

FTFY

Prove he isn't

No question deflection
No question avoiding

Say what?

What if an atheist hates themself?

Nobody can prove or disprove it's existence in the regular sense of the word, for the fact that our physical observations are limited to the observable universe alone. So theoretical debate and logical reasoning will have to make due for now.

Let's assume there is a sentient creature that created the 93 billion light year sphere around us and everything inside, including life/molecular structure in it's current for (as the bible/quran/torah claim), what has created this creature?

>God doesn't have to be created it just created itself or it has always been there

That's the same argument as "the universe has always existed" one that religiousfags call non-religiousfags retarded for, only one retarded step down the chain of reason.

This. Read this book please everyone. If you don't understand it you have no soul

>everything that exist today was a singularity once that suddenly went poof

It goes both ways, fucker.

They would still be unable to see past their own self hatred, thus they would still be worshipping their quantitive aspect.

>Greeks
>white

t. Maurits

Not really. A lot of atheists just happen to worship themselves. Many worship other persons though, or the state.

Scandinavia has been rejecting God for decades
The Muslim invasion is God's response to that

wisdom witnessed

God exists and it's name is Kek!
Praise Kek!

HELIOCENTRISTS PLEASE LEAVE

Self righteous. Arrogant. Fascistic. Unread.

>Fascistic. Unread.
spotted the shill

Trust nobody, not even yourself

I do believe we will see the existence of a higher power come back into question since scientifically we tend to get to a roadblock and have to make assumptions.

Just like in the past it was, 'Well we can't figure it out. So ... god of sorts."

But I also feel it will be a scientific regrouping to shift it's direction. Then head off into the future again.

There's no god. We just get on a wrong path and have many many questions. But we right the ship and make head way with science again.

We currently do no know for sure whether there is a god or not, but I personally choose not to believe in a god because there is no evidence at all for his existence.
We may someday have a clear answer of whether there is such a being or not, but even if we do find that answer, there are still other questions we need to answer:
1. Does that being really want us to worship it, or does it even care? If it does want us to worship it, then how; which god is it; which religion does it want us to follow; does that religion even exist on Earth right now?
Is it one being or more than one?
Why did it create us, and why does it care about us (it it even cares), when we are merely a speck in a vast universe?
Is it all powerful?
Is it all knowing?
Does it care about our "sins"? Does it have specific definitions for good and evil?
And most importantly: why should we worship it? What do we gain? And what are the consequences of not worshiping it?

Why?

The Abrahamic religions narrow our focus to just exactly what god is. There is something unknowable which gives us reality as we see it. Being unknowable, this 'entity' has no form. The biblical god is man's a reflection of man's essence. God exists beyond doubt, just not in the way most imagine him. In fact as God is unknowable we can never imagine him. This is proof of god in of itself.

How we choose to imagine him is tied distinctly to our culture. This makes god essential, makes him sacred to our community. Divinity is the higher purpose we should all strive for, though we will never reach it. Following the laws of your cultures God is the only means we have of doing so.

This is the truth, amen.

The god belief is no mental disorder, its pretty standard for the human animal and seems to have had a lot of societal benefits

This does not make said belief true, however.

this

someone is actually this retarded at 2017

Anti-Christianity is jewish. Gas all kikes.

Shadilay, fellow seeker. God is absent from all but a few of us.

holyshit dude i was about to be christian for a second thank god you wrote your thread. oh wait i mean no. thank you just you, and none of the whimsical trust based history you know of how you came to being, just continue patting yourself on the back about how to saved literally every user on pol for this post. God you are literally, i mean no wait dont worry

i thank me. for seeing you post this. thanks...you?

You say it's unknowable, but there are repeating patterns in wildly different places of the universe. Some use that as proof to say there's "intelligent design", but I'd say it's just proof that there is an omnipotent force in the universe that governs everything. That is ofcourse by definition, God. Who/what is then obviously not entirely unknowable.

But Christianity was invented and popularized by Jews, even Jesus himself was a Jew.

Agnostic Masterrace incoming!!!!