Dispatcher

I'm trying to become a 911 dispatcher pol. Why do they have polygraph and background checks for this position? Why do they ask me questions like these?

Remember the polygraph is literally a carnival toy, ignore it.

To weed out the degenerates, obviously. When someone calls you have to be alert and ready, considering their life may be in danger

That's funny seeing as dispatch are complete fucking retards half the time.

Do what the (((jesuits))) did, say a lie then finish truth under breath or in head.
>"I've never taken drugs... (since yesterday morning)"
Or tell the fucking truth m8.

just say yes and if they ask what type say some legal stuff like pot cookies or something

I've never actually had to call the police so I wouldn't know, but the requirements to get the job make sense

fucking dumbass, peoples lives are at stake

>Why do they ask me questions like these?
It's counterproductive.

The irony is that they hire the guy who lies about doing the drugs and don't the guy who tells the truth.

> losing to a polygraph

clench your asshole during control questions to throw off the baseline

>aunt and uncle have this sign
>they've called 911 over stupid shit at least five times in ten years
>I've never called 911 in my life

What does this have to do with anything

Nothing, it's just a 911 related thread and wanted to point it out. Also, I respect 911 operators and their job and hate it when people abuse it like my aunt and uncle. They'll get in a fight and then dial 911 on the other childishly. All while having two signs that claim they don't.

You can pass any polygraph by clenching your anus when you lie

good way to look like you are lying when you are

you should clench WHEN TELLING THE TRUTH during the control questions

That's a good idea. And it's not like they can say anything, is it such a crime to be a nervous wreck when being questioned at all, even when telling the truth?

>polygraphs in 2017
why the fuck
It's been established they don't work for decades.

no they can't do anything
being nervous is normal when you are all wired up

I work for a sheriffs office and our dispatchers are fucking stupid. If they can do it I'm sure you can as well

I live in Philadelphia and call 911 once a month. Car accidents, fires, thefts. Sometimes they don't even answer, other times its someone black that can barely speak english.

You'll be fine.

Idiots dont know that. It will scare off the worst people.

I've been a custodian at a police station who asked the staff about this. They don't actually care if you have done the drugs or not. It just has to be like 3 years ago and you'll be fine. I don't think they polygraph dispatch.