Redpill me on Catholicism. I was raised Baptist,and taught to hate the catholic church because they were quasi-pagans...

redpill me on Catholicism. I was raised Baptist,and taught to hate the catholic church because they were quasi-pagans, and they did all those stupid meaningless rituals.

Is this true? Is Sup Forums a protestant board or a catholic board?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade
youtube.com/watch?v=hefNpYANX3g
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums is a christian board

God isn't real lmoa

Both are cucked these days, but protestantism is far more cucked. A true shame, how far they have strayed from Luther.

>Baptist
At least Catholics can read

as far as i know its true but i dont know much

>implying a catholic has ever read his people

>stupid meaningless rituals
those are things that bring us close to tradition and the original events taking place
it's not stupid at all
rituals/sacraments are a core part of any religion
some good thoughts here on this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade

Heaven is only for Mormons and Scientologists

No matter what nerd neo-christians says, God doesnt exist. And science doesnt explain shit neither.

Existence has no meaning, just deal with it and be a nihilistic atheist

The catholic church is cucked as fuck these days lad.
t.Catholic

Read his people?

*bible, fucking spell check

Sup Forums is an Orthodox board.
Catholics are heretics who have turned away from Christ.

Eh, I was made to growing up in sunday school along with all the other kids I went their with.

A lot of Catholics read the bible m8.

there*

Confessional Protestantism. You know it to be true.

new pope when?

I'd rather this

Everyone on Sup Forums should read that

This. Everybody's a cuck.
t. another Catholic.

youtube.com/watch?v=hefNpYANX3g

>We are really talking about the fact that there is too much evil. Evil does not let go of its captives without a fight. We need to fight. To struggle. That is why our earthly church, which continues the work of the savior, in the scrolls of the holy fathers is called the church militant.

>>I did not come to bring peace. but a sword.

>And the word of god, the word of the savior, is really a double-edged sword. And the lord has blessed this war.

youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

It's just the high church really.

Trust me, there are quite a few Catholics that aren't happy about it.

If you're not following the Pope as if he were literally appointed by God and don't believe that he's allowed to change the religion you aren't actually practicing Catholicism.
There was a whole schism over that shit.

>It's just the high church really.
It's just the Pope. He's a fucking Peronist.
Salsa: I personally know people who know him.

Catholicism is extremely corrupt. Nonetheless, it is an authentic branch of Christianity. What matters most of all is the continuation of the Apostolic tradition from the original 12 disciples of Christ.

He is a fallible man appointed by men. An urgent reform is needed.

Right.

Disatisfaction doesn't mean open heresy. It means Catholics will be disgruntled and continue to do nothing about it and wait for the next Pope.

Also you realize there are steps the cardinals can take to remove the Pope right? The Pope is supreme within the law, but the Council is supreme over the law. As a result, a Council can remove a pope. In fact, it's happened several times.

>a Council can remove a pope. In fact, it's happened several times
Not as often as needed, specially in these last 4 years

Protestants believe that they share in the beliefs of the earliest first century Christians. However, these earliest Christians were led by bishops and believed in a literal eucharist. Protestant theology, with its focus on the individual, would have been incomprehensible in the first century. Also, sola scriptura is a false doctrine because it is predated by the oral tradition. Tradition and the Apostolic church comes prior to scripture. The truth is even a cursory glance at history shows that Protestantism is all lies.

The fact that catholics are pagans in denial is what makes them the only acceptable christians. They're still quite cucked anyway.

Catholics have too much blood on their hands for me to consider them the legitimate church of Christ.
The crusades against fellow Christians were unacceptable on their own. There are even greater sins that the church has hidden.
You should be able to recognize the whore when you see it.

Sins aren't hereditary, faggot

Even though the Catholic church is authentic Christianity, I can sympathize with the Protestant Reformation. The corruption was out of control and still is.

Right...

Let's just agree to disagree.

the fact that you are still at the foot of the mountain of mystery despite being surrounded by volcanic era aliens is kinda depressing

all religions are anachronisms that were vital for keeping the illiterate savages in check during previous eras/systems but completely redundant nowadays

>inb4 objective morals
a well-raised, decent, responsible individual is 100% aligned with those that matter, which are of the non-infringing upon others' liberties kind

>and they did all those stupid meaningless rituals.

I find it laughable whenever a Baptist Church talks about having a "traditional service." What traditions do you people have left?

But sometimes I think that Catholicism is the best because it subliminally teaches Aristotle to the masses. We need a return to naturalist ethics which advocates strength, intelligence, and virtue- not turn the other cheek and hate yourself for your natural instincts.

Never said they were.
The Catholic church is built upon sin though. Sin is not the rock.
Keep studying and look into history.
You'll either learn something or you won't.
I won't sit here and argue with you but I'd like you to make certain you're on the right path. It's very important.

>talking about studying and building

They did what needed to be done. You call it sin, but you have no idea of the context or the threat they were facing at times. Yes, the Catholic church has done legitimately bad things at times, but to call it a church built on sin is blatantly wrong.

The catholic church throughout history did more good than harm. Especially for Europeans.

Pretty much. If you study into Catholicism you'll learn that they have striven far from true Christianity a long time ago, even going back to Constantine.

Catholics always say that "muh we're the true Christians" yet pray to not only angels, Mary, but even to saints, which are forbidden in the Bible.

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer."- Deuteronomy 18: 10-11

Let alone the other "relics" they have like the skull of a former pope, blood of John Paul, or some other creepy stuff that they hide in the vatican. I can go on and on about all the other creepy, pure blasphemous things that Catholicism practice, but you can just google it yourself if you like.

I was once a catholic, and pretty stubborn at that. But once I was told to read really read into the bible, that what Catholicism practices pure paganism I stopped cold turkey.

Pro-tip: Don't just listen to priests and take their sermons, actually read the bible and study. It can help you a lot in understanding which church to go to and where to stay away from.