Was the British Empire the worse thing to ever happen to mankind?

Was the British Empire the worse thing to ever happen to mankind?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries)
historynet.com/shaka-zulu-chieftain.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bengal_famine_of_1770
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Potato_Famine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_of_1876–78
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_famine_of_1896–97
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_famine_of_1917-1918
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_famine_of_1943
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

No.

No.

This thread is the worsT thing to ever happen to mankind.

yes

no but there woman are

No Ahmed.

It was the best you bunch of traitor.

uuuuuh no

without the brits taking land from the Natives we wouldn't have Trump making America great again.

it was a noble quest to civilise the eternal savage.

No, it's destruction was.

>mankind
no
>white race
yes

No, it was actually one of the best things to ever happen to mankind.

If you count the fact you fucks are responsible for us, then nein

>Was the British Empire the greatest thing to ever happen to mankind?
Yes.

Cuck
More like the best

Quite the opposite you wanker.

We're basically your dad m8

Would you rather the world had been dominated by the USSR, Ottomans or even worse... the French?

>achmed

>consequence of british empire

Empire dindu nuffin wrong it was a gud boi

No
If we were still running the show things would still be glorious and the paki, Indian and nigger would be in their natural place - servitude

No.

>USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland
>South Africa (till the niggers took over), Rhodesia, the breadbasket of Africa (till the niggers took over)
>the world's largest democracy, India
>The Far East's main financial centres, Hong Kong and Singapore
>Israel (place to put all the jews)
>Anglicanism, the one true religion
>parliamentary democracy
>Industrial Revolution
>modern physics (Newton)
>modern economics (Smith)
>modern armies (Cromwell)
>modern policing (Colquhoun)
>the international language you are using, developed by geniuses such as Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Johnson, Wordsworth, Dickens, Eliot
>modern rock (the Beatles)
>heavy metal (Black Sabbath)
>world sports: football, hockey, baseball, tennis, table tennis, golf, rugby
>television (Baird)
>telephone (Bell)
>computers (Turing)
>WWW (Berners-Lee)
>railways (Stephenson)
>steam engines (Trevithick)
>electric motor (Faraday)
>jet engines (Whittle)
>many, many more inventions and scientific discoveries (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_innovations_and_discoveries)

If Americans say no, then they are literally retarded, without us they'd be speaking Spanish right now.

get you're ass kicked in ww2 only survive because american gibz (lend lease)

you're like a old grandfather to america

become a suicide bomber

Probably not, but it was definitely the biggest drug dealer (opium) in the history of mankind

>picture shows a man being killed in defence of his homeland
>thinks this is good

is that anime any good? or do you just post her because of her jacket?

>nupol defending the UK government
multiculturalism, globalism and zionism should be destroyed not protected.

funding the arab revolt to overtrow the ottoman empire in ww1

but then dont live up to the promises that you promised to the rebels

100 years later the effects can still be seen in the middle east

Balfour declarement creating the state of isreal

Did you know that the Zulus were... a foreign slave-owning empire? That wasn't their land any more than British and they were not noble savages.

Not exactly good for the natives though.

agreed.

No.

Without the British empire we might not have what we have today especially the technology, trade and scientific advances we have made so no the British empire was not the worst thing to ever happen, its collapse was the worst thing to ever happen.

Honestly, the empire of bongs was far more beneficial to the savages than to Britain in the long run. They were uplifted millions years overnight. Well...some of them were anyway.

Yes it was. It liberated them from petty despotism and superstition and taught them civilisation. Just like the Romans did for us. Put down your communist manifesto and pick up Nietzsche. Free your mind from resentment.

This is your Health Minister..
She looks like she fucking ATE the health Minister!

Wind your neck in, you are not a real country. there are no such people as Belgians, there is no such language as Belgian.

Also, go make be a waffle.

>morbidly obese feminist health minister campaigning for fat acceptance
What a meme.

HOLY SHIT"!!! HAHAHAH....Bet she could put a few happy meals away!

The Zulu tribe are natives of South Africa.
I don't remember reading about them owning slaves though. What would they do with them?

What precise benefits are you talking about?
Did they have to come through empire?

We honestly still have no fucking clue why she ended up being minister for this position. On the other hand, she is a doctor and not a career politician.

We're a small country, but the mindset of the belgian people is very weak. Take the average joe here and you don't see any ambition, only complaining.

Haha Belgium calling people names.

HAHAHAHAH health minister haha what a shitty country.

>The Zulu tribe
How about you read their history?

>In the late 18th century, the Zulus were an obscure Nguni tribe of some 1,500 people, ruled by a petty chief named Senzangakhona.
>Shaka molded a tiny band of loyal fighters into a conquering army that built the first Zulu nation. Not only did he introduce new tactics that proved devastating on the battlefield, but he also pursued total warfare on a scale just short of genocide, depopulating vast regions in the process.
historynet.com/shaka-zulu-chieftain.htm

>What precise benefits are you talking about?
See. Pax Britannica also stopped the Zulus genociding the whole of South Africa.

>Did they have to come through empire?
In hundreds of thousands of years they hadn't even developed agriculture. They still can't even get the hang of it despite the British building civilisation for them.

No it's moeshit garbage.

British Empire=Best Empire

No that would be the French revolution.

DELET THIS

Correct, but they were still natives; I don't think killing them was good.
Do those benefits depend on empire?

Also quote is by a KKK wizard I think.

No.
Could have kept going for centuries of King George hadn't fucked up with the American Colonies.

No you plonker it was the bes

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

No, the dismantling of the British Empire was the worst thing to happen to mankind.

No. Soviet Union was.

This
Only people who hate the British Empire are either asshurt poointheloos or frogs who won't admit Britain surpassed them in everything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bengal_famine_of_1770

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Potato_Famine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_of_1876–78

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_famine_of_1896–97

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_famine_of_1917-1918

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_famine_of_1943

They weren't killed. You can literally see them in South Africa today. Millions of them. It was the British who stopped THEM genociding South Africa.

fuck off you ruined Ireland don't dare list it as a positive

>famine
>literally a natural disaster
>caused by the British Empire
Was it because they developed too much agriculture do you think? Or just that civilisation enabled the savages to breed to unsustainable numbers just like today.

The issue is probably quite nuanced

Whilst the British Empire did some very evil things, it also evolved into a force of good concerned with raising the well being of its subjects. Overall, the British Empire benefited humanity a great deal.

...Are we Frieza???

But I'm not convinced the benefits couldn't have come through some other means

In those days, there were no other means. It was either be civilised by the British Empire and live in peace and prosperity. Or get genocided by the Zulus. That was literally their only choice. Or the Ottomans. Or the Aztecs. Or the Mongols. Or the Mughals. Britain's rival empires were not only not civilised. They were genocidal. Did you know that Turkey used to be Greek and Christian? Where are they all now? On the other hand, the British Empire respected national culture and left behind flourishing civilisations with exploding native populations.

*You mean it was the best thing of all time.
Looked how much the world progressed in it's wake.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY MOTHERLAND, YOU WORTHLESS, SHITPOSTING, MUSLIM

Good on you man, speaking the truth!

Testify, brother.

No, thanks for giving birth to the USA.

why, yes, my dear friend brian.
it prevented the GERMAN REICH from spreading it`s wings.

It was a powerful empire but an evil one

France was the good guy, France was the light in the darkness.

Thanks for the statue.

And soon we'll send the German VOLK straight into the whirring turbines at the Blood Refinery.

Thanks for the Big Mac

>islam exists
>communism exists
>leftism exists
>france exists
>sweden exists
>canada exists
>germany exists
i could go on.
no

Once, I was known as Oswald Mosley.

Now I am Locutus of BEADY. I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many.
Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us. Dissolve your borders, lower your arms and surrender your countries.
We will add your biological and cultural distinctiveness to our own. Your people and their habits will be assimilated.
We are the ANGLO.. Resistance as you know it is over.

We won't turn you into an ANGLODRONE. You're much too valuable to us with your individuality intact, people of Sup Forums. But you've left humanity behind. Try to abandon their petty emotions as well. Fear... anger... vanity... They've corrupted you. But the damage can be repaired.

Look at our assimilated peoples: They've left behind their trivial, selfish lives, and they've been reborn with a greater purpose. We've delivered them from chaos into order.

We have drawn our power from thousands of races across thousands of regions, since long before you were created, but now, they are all ANGLO.

You question us about the ARYAN, but their biological and technological distinctiveness was unremarkable. They were unworthy of assimilation; Why assimilate a species that would detract from perfection? ARYAN sentiment. Compassion, guilt, empathy - they're irrelevant.
We only wish to raise quality of life for all species.
Why do you resist?

We've come to make you an offer: join the COMMONWEALTH and we'll spare Sup Forums. This offer is non-negotiable. You like having friends, don't you? Assimilation turns us all into friends. In fact, it brings us so close together, we can hear each other's posts.

Honestly someone should make a long speech about how all these places were before, during and after the Empire, and then compare it to other countries that were colonised by someone else or not colonised at all.
But I think most countries could have gone either way minus colonisation.
You could do well and end up like Japan, or you could do badly and end up like China where you basically stagnate as a feudal shithole

Or a lecture I mean

Handing it over to the yanks was the worst thing in the world. None of this lefty mess would have happened if it weren't for our mistake in handing it over to those subhuman barbarians.

Coming from Serbia.
Without the existence of germany your shit hole of a nation wouldn't even classify as a 4th world country.

We all know what Britain's legacy is. What is France's legacy? Vietnam? Quebec? Justin Trudeau? Ya dun goofed.

Also, you dragged us into WW1.

I love you anyway France.

You say that like it's a bad thing?

>You prevented us from slaughtering and enslaving millions of Europeans and trying to dominate the world
>Waaaaah. I want muh world Empire, but I don't want to be smart and work hard for it.

You Germans really are the niggers of the 'white' race.

If there was no british empire your country would not exist.

Checkmate atheists.

Hitler did nothing wrong.

What are you on about? Britain is full of 'lefties'

Belgians are so cute when they're angry.

Not for the British.

>the worse thing
leave it to the english to type their own damn language.

They are aren't they? I mean, they wouldn't exist without us.

This post gave me a boner desu