Is Russian a good language to learn?

Is Russian a good language to learn?

If so how do I learn it? Nobody around here in this small town who can teach it to me but I always wanted to learn a second language just because

Other urls found in this thread:

learnrussian.rt.com/
russia-insider.com/en/politics/80-awesome-rwsources-learn-russian-language/ri16083
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Pelevin
vocaroo.com/i/s1df6Kn6WxQW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a good language and not too bad once you figure out the alphabet. I took 3 years of it in undergrad but I'm re teaching myself after 3 years of not speaking it because of grad school

Learned Russian since birth because I am 50% Russian 50% Lithuanian. Don't know what to say I mainly used it for music, movies, YouTube videos, literature, speaking to other Russians IRL and online also RuNet it is like a huge Sup Forums they know how to have fun for sure!

>Is Russian a good language to learn?
I'd probably learn french if I were you. Should be easier and more practical in Canada. Unless, of course, you want to become an astronaut. I heard you have to study Russian for that now.

Well there's a lot of Russian literature you could read, but I'm not sure how much good shit out there isn't translated already.

It's a coarse yet beautiful language, and has some of the finest culture behind it. Pretty hard to master for a lazy fuck like me

Do it, faggot. Also teach yourself, like a man.

>tfw no putin bf to tuck you in at night

I dont want to learn French though because in Canada that means in your job you have to deal with the fucking Quebecers. I'm not learning this language for any practical reason just for something to do

Where would you recommend I start learning for teaching myself?

I didn't come here to feel

Why on RT of course:
learnrussian.rt.com/

In all seriousness I don't really know. You can imagine I never had to learn Russian as a foreign language.

have to learn a language here soon. From my choices russian seems like the best one because of the literature I'll be able to read

russia bros post some classic rusky lit.

duolingo seems like a good choice

prolly what i'm gonna use

Use the all Duolingo to learn from your phone.

Learn the alphabet first - it will only take you one day to get that out of the way.

Focus on learning to read and understand spoken words. Don't worry about writing it yet.

It's a very beautiful language, but some of the words are very difficult for me to pronounce. A Texas drawl is not conducive to speaking Slav.

Here is a list of some good sites from which you can learn:

russia-insider.com/en/politics/80-awesome-rwsources-learn-russian-language/ri16083

da, tavarisch
zdravstvuyte
na zdrovya
idi nahui
pidor amerikanskiy
do svidanya

Here's an undisputed literary genius of post-modernism:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Pelevin
Enjoy.

thats all you need to know to survive in Russia
t. guy who lived there for 5 years
also: blin! / blyat

Russian grammar is hard as fuck, lads

Are you going to drop contact info or not ? I'd like to know how ridiculously my rusty eng sounds for a native speaker

pls make a recording for all to enjoy, blyat
vocaroo.com

Coincidentally, I just started Russian.

What's really annoying is the way words change depening on their gender or said by a male/female. The grammar is much easier than English though.

don't forget about other things like dual number, various cases and declensions, flexibility of theme-rheme placement and so on

it's quite a feat for non-slavic speakers to master any of our glorious tongues

I'll check those two out

Well, I have autistic perseverance, even if it will take 10 years, practice makes perfect..

I don't think so, Russian language sounds very disgusting and primitive. Atleast from my perspecive.

Can a Ruski bro rate my russian pls? :)

vocaroo.com/i/s1df6Kn6WxQW

I believe that all Slavic languages are most conductive to beautiful artistic expression both in prose and poetry

pretty good

Oh god, another blue pilled russiaboo. Just tie the rope around your neck and kick the chair.

I'd say the same, but only for Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian, Czech (& Slovak) and Polish. The rest of Slavic langauges sound like caveman speak. Macedonian and Bulgarian not so much, but eastern Slavic languages are really primitive, desu.

What do you want me to say though

Amazing, can't even notice any accent!

Search online for some beginning textbooks - you should be able to get something cheap. Also see what your library has, and scan the entire book if possible.

Hello Igor from America, bretty gud

agreed on our closer cousins but I'm still not that proficient in the eastern ones to be able to qualify them in any serious capacity

say something you make up on the spot, something seductive that you'd whisper into a nubile Russian teen's ear