Please tell me why you dont tip

i was in a restaraunt, and a family who spent 200 bucks on food, got great service, left no tip

the waiter was beyond pissed off

do you fuckers not understand that they only make 2.13 an hour, and a lot of times they are not able to find other jobs?

fuck you, fuck you, fuck you if you dont tip

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQ5Rv7eH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice politics thread

sage

waiters make below the min wage, how is this not Sup Forums related?

get a real job faggot

non tippers are usually jews, niggers, and high school kids who have never eaten in a civilized restaurant before.

It's your owners job to pay you not the customer. You want more money talk to your boss

$2.13 and hour?

Citation please.

there are none in rural iowa

A tip is OPTIONAL not REQUIRED. Get a better job if you don't understand logic. Fuck the tip lifestyle pushed in the west, its a broken fucking system. Other parts of the world just pay their employees better, and remove the stress of paying for a tip when people go out to eat. Jesus fucking liberal fucking cuck fucking morons

Not my job to subsidize your shitty life choices.
Sage

>waiters make below the min wage
isn't that against the law? there's a minimum wage for a reason.

If their wage plus tips is under minimum the employer is required to top them up.

dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

Very minor fuck up, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

First off, I'm in Australia, and tipping isn't a thing here. But some local businesses will have a tip jar on the counter. I was at this bakery which I frequent a lot, and I'll tip some of the coins in change I get back in the jar. Today however, I get my $5.50 change back - in a note and a 50c coin - and go to drop the coin in the jar. Instead I drop both the coin and the note in. I needed that $5 for a bus to get back home. I didn't want to be the guy who reached into the tip jar with the cashier right in front of me to get my money back, so I just left. I walked for 30 minutes instead of a 10 minutes bus drive.

Fuck your country if your only reliable way of receiving income in a low household family is through tipping.

Literally 3rd world style.

What is tipping?

>i, personally, have to subsidize an employees shitty wages
ya no thanks.

>fuck you, fuck you, fuck you if you dont tip
I always tip but this attitude that ALL servers have of entitlement of money voluntarily given makes me completely understand people who refuse to tip.

I expect a handjob or the female staff to let me feel their boobs before I even consider a tip.

You do realize it's written into the law that if a waiter or waitress's tips don't equal up to minimum wage the business must pay the difference.

Therefore waiters and waitresses take the gamble of getting more than minimum wage from tips, but if they don't they simply get minimum wage.

>and a lot of times they are not able to find other jobs

Because they're stoopid?

I tip my hat.

Getthefuckout really. If I wanted to tip someone for a delicious dish, it would be the cook. Not your fucking face that moves the plate 5 meters.

t. greedy chink
I was a waiter in college. Chinks were always the worst customers and on top of their disgusting behaviour, they never tipped and often asked for discounts.

You can thank your Republican Kike Overlords for "Getting rid of regulations" on wages.

If you do a shitty job you aren't getting a fuckkng tip

But besides that,sure i tip, i am not a kike or a nigger

Good or attractive waitresses/bartenders easily make more money than cooks.

all that means is they left cash on the table instead of charging the tip to the card you autist

To be fair I usually write 0 and give a tip in cash, since if I include it with my bill they only get 60-70 percent of the tip.

I dont get it? What is a federal waitress?

>do you fuckers not understand that they only make 2.13 an hour,

are you actually this fucking retarded

I only tip delivery drivers, waiters can fuck off

sue

saged

a lot of restaurants pay less than min wage if the amount of tips a waiter gets during a given shift would push them to min wage or above.

that being said, it's a dick move in this case because a family of 5 having 180$ tab means a 36$ dollar meal per person. a family of 4 would be 45$ a plate.

stingy for being so expensive.

Don't get pissed dude, I've always tip 20% when I had a good service, if it's not that good I still top 10%.

Not everyone is a douche, relax and enjoy.

I got mine, fuck you waiter. Die.

A buddy of mine makes 1-2k a week as a waiter. No need to be butthurt.

Tipping, literally third world

Tipping was invented by a kike during the great depression, so they could pay workers less.

I'm not falling of the tipping jew

>hey only make 2.13 an hour

False. They make minimum wage, and the first x amount of their tips go to the house so that if they make enough tips, it only costs the house 2.13 an hour.

>expecting people not to know math
You try shit like this and I'm not leaving you a cent

This. And this is my main problem with the tipping custom. It's acting like waiters "need" this money to cover their salary but they fucking don't. In all likelihood you're paying them above minimum wage, which they do not deserve for carrying food 20 feet.

Get a better fucking job you dumbass. If you don't like how little you get paid, then find a job that satisfies your salary needs. It's not difficult.

I always tip 10-20% unless the server is a fucking chode. I also respect people's right to not tip.

Also, to yuros who make the "durr just get rid of tipping and pay waiters fair wages", I've been to some of your countries and your wait staffs were always lazy as fuck, except for the fancy restaurants. Additionally, tipping is better moneywise for both the business and the wait staff. Just another example of Americans being objectively better than your irrelevant shitholes

>going out and paying the 10%+ entitlement tax

delivery for me pls. the driver can get ~$4 for having to walk in the cold to reach my door

true, I worked in dennys when I was 16. I was the worst fucking waiter you could imagine... ADD, memory is that of a gold fish, constant smoke breaks... I got lots of 0.00 tips, I think i made like 3.25 an hour though... was gas and cigarettes money and I still did ok with that shit job. Niggers and mostly all foreigners were the absolute worst tippers,

Anyone else find it funny how it's always supposedly Republicans fault?

Ya cause all those 3rd world immigrants and refugees places like Starbucks and the rest of liberal cucks want to bring over are real big tippers lol

>I should receive extra money for doing my job
Fuck you.

Tipping is the worst invention of the USA.

I dont go to restaurants now because its such a hassel "oh is that a good tip? Do you think they are happy with the tip? " its exhausting.

>10 minutes
>20 (You)'s

impressive. Very nice.

I'm surprised OP didn't point how WHITE the family was.

Are unions illegal in USA?

>left no tip

is it a law not to tip?

> they only make 2.13 an hour
and? how the fuck is that an argument, just pay them more, it's their boss duty to pay them, not mine

>and on top of their disgusting behaviour

They are very sloppy eaters. Gurgling, slurping, etc. You can hear it all the way across the restaurant.

This

Then move faggot.

I dont leave a cent either way. Find a real job, asshole. I work 60 hours a week and can afford a house and two cars plus study for my doctorate and have three kids plus stay at home trophy wife.

Yes, Im a winner, not you, ME!

>25%
>leaving any tips other than your short change

>I am a waiter
>the thread

Complain to your employer if hes not paying you minimal wage. Cuck.

I live in a civilized country where it's not needed :^)

You're supposed to tip when someone serves you beyond their normal job responsibilities. You give them money to represent the extra labor. Nobody deserves extra money because "its the nice thing to do."

The tipping custom is just an example of how guilt and the fear of appearing rude gets out of hand.

why are you telling us this.

seriously.

that had nothing to do with anything

Because tipping is retarded and no one here does it.
Tipping is the result of greedy Ameritards not paying their employees enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

It's been well put since the movie came out and it remains so.

Your job is legally obligated to pay you the same wages that you would have made at mininum if your weekly/biweekly pay cheque from tips doesn't equal it

Servers are such fucking scumbag liars it isn't funny

Protip: ALWAYS tip the chef, they do the actual work

Question for north americans, why the fuck do we have to tip on top of paying for the meal ? Isn't the waiter an employee of the restaurant ? His only job is to be nice, take orders and serve food why the fuck should people tip them for doing that ?

>got great service
maybe the service WASN'T great?

i don't give a fuck maybe they should have had the drive to do more than attend to restaurant tables

omg thats fucking disgusting. no tip sewage face.

well then either be a better waiter or get a better job

The image is actually a 46% tip not 25

It is.

This. They make a little over two dollars hourly, but if their tips + hourly pay in a month do not equal at least legally required minimum wage, (all states must have min wage equal to or above fed min wage, though different states have different minimum wage limits) the employer must make up the difference.

The sad thing, people in the service industry have pushed this meme so much, I know people who were fucked out of proper pay by their employer when they didn't make enough in tips + hourly rate to at least equal minimum wage, and had no idea that their employer violated minimum wage laws. Greed and lies hurt the ignorant among them.

Servers will lie and say they make less than minimum wage if htey don't get tips

Fun fact: Working a server job can ONLY make you more than minimum wage, it is illegal to pay someone less.

>you tip the guy that just brings you a plate
>not the guy who makes your food
I will never understand this tipping retardation

no but employers don't want them and will fire you on bogus charges if you mention unionizing. fair wages and benefits are costly, goy

Show the rest of the receipt or you're a lying cunt.

I only tip women. Men should find a better job and I consider tipping them gay.

>lying about the amounts
>standard "good service" tip amount of 15% nowhere to be found

I've never seen an outright lie, but the pre-calculated numbers I see are usually on the post-tax amount when tipping has always been pre-tax.

Just take the fucking money you dipshit, the girl at the bakery isn't gonna suck your dick just because you tip your change

this is the best example of the real wage gab still around

Female waiters get more tips, even in Australia where tipping isn't customary chicks receive massive tips

Working for tips is just as bad as begging on the side of the road. Get a real job.

I have never tipped, and waiters can fuck right off if they expect to get something from me.

They get the same wage that everyone else does, and it's so fucking annoying how that retarded ameriburger *tips* tradition came over the pond.

Could have at least come with the low wages so I actually feel justified in tipping those faggots.

your poor little legs must have been so sore! You should just kill yourself, faggot. :)

Tipping is for goyim. I'm supposed to pay your employees now? How about you pay your fucking staff like every other industry?

>b-but it keeps food prices down
No, it doesn't. If I have to pay what I'd spend on a tip, how does that save me any money? It's retarded. Fuck tipping. I never tip, and never will.

Kys. Women cant run a restaurant.

Cooks dont get paid $2.15 an hour, you literal retard.

Your job is so easy literally a monkey can be trained to do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQ5Rv7eH8

Get a real skill.

Tipping is rare in europe. We have normal humane wages here and not your medieval shakespearian bullshit moeny whoring.

>hey, I'm offering a job that pays below minimum wage if you don't make it up in tips!
>agree to take it
>bitch about it

Work at McDonalds then. Then you're guaranteed at least minimum wage and there no way I believe you can't get a McJob anywhere else.

>fucking 18%
I tip 10% if I feel generous otherwise I throw down a dollar or two. I really hate tipping honestly, I prefer the food is more expensive and I don't have to tip. Its one of the worst things in this country

America has the highest concentration of jews in the world, are you honestly surprised that our culture is crammed with overt scams and trickery at every turn and corner?

We need more deregulation in the US so we will get even lower wages! MAGAAAAAAA

yeah but all you have to do is lie and say they dont

right wingers eat that shit up they will shout "thats what you get, stoopid communist"

>Roastie mad that her usual job of carrying plates and flirting for decent money didn't work out one time

I only tip pizza boys, because their job sucks. Your job isn't hard, nor is it worthy of me giving you extra money. You know how much a decent looking waitress here makes on a normal night? 300+$, thats minimum wage (10.50) + tips. Dumbasses, like my friends think it's nice to tip, when you guys are just laughing at us, as we pay extra, for literally nothing. unless I'm waited on, hand and foot, whilst having the best meal of my life, I won't tip.

than why dont you pay your workers proper wages? How is that even legal. America is so dumb

they distribute the money to the whole staff, often

>only make 2.13 an hour

your fucking problem, be shit at school, watch out for shit job, get shit payed

Waiters and waitresses are legally required to get paid minimum wage if their tips + $2 an hour don't add up to minimum.

I tip them 10c.

I understand tipping waitstaff, but can any explain to me why I should tip a delivery driver? They get paid minimum wage+, there is no incentive for me to tip them. How can a delivery person provide better service to me to warrant my needing to reward them?

As a delivery person your job is to bring me my order. There is no way you can fucking improve on that. Food was really good? Well they didn't cook it. Food arrived on time? Again, they didn't prepare it fast enough to provide enough time to get it to me at the quoted time.

>I live in a civilized country where it's not needed :^)
You treat your waiters as if they aren't losers when they are in fact losers. I'd enjoy punching a French waiter.

We always tip 10% in spain. It´s kind of disrespectful if you dont after getting a good service.