Why did malls in america die? Also tell your story of your childhood mall that is now dead

Why did malls in america die? Also tell your story of your childhood mall that is now dead

Capitalism m8

Niggers

I'm old as fuck. When I was a little kid you could smoke inside malls. All the old people would go there to smoke.

Niggers

Sage

What are you sliding?

THIS

Because americans are too fat and indolent to even bother dragging their scooter a few blocks across their house.

Nogs

>Capitalism

Niggers.
Capitalism just created a way to sell to people who wanted to avoid the groid.

I'm 27 and I remember that shit. There was a "smoking section" of the food court. Somehow the smoke didn't manage to stay in that area, despite a total lack of walls/barriers/anythingatall to prevent it from drifting.

Nothing like some emphysema with your DQ Blizzard.

Pay your debt faggot

About the only people I ever see at a mall are minorities and old people. White people shop at specific stores, I think. At least I do, I hate wandering around in a mall - it's a breeding ground for disease.

Didn't mean to fatshame you, landwhale.

>Why did malls in america die?

Because of the internet.

Now quit fucking posting this thread every goddamn day.

If you don't remember these you're a snotty little young faggot.

I'm Canadian, we don't have an obesity epidemic. But only because we choose not to.

Greece wishes it had enough food for an obesity epidemic.

I wonder if we'll ever reach the point where birth control suffers the same fate as tobacco

This

1. Niggers

2. The Internet

I have several huge malls near where I live, are they really disappearing across America?

>Fort Wayne, IN
>Used to be a mall called Southtown Mall not too far from where I lived
>JC Penneys, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc all under one roof
>Got my NES from there for Christmas
>Southtown is overrun with welfare niggers who can't stop breaking in
>Shut it down
>Tear it down
>Years later it is now a Walmart overrun with welfare niggers and is the only fucking Walmart in Fort Wayne that isn't 24/7 and closes at 10 PM because of all the feral welfare niggers
>Glenbrook Mall used to be bustling but is slowly dying and is just a husk for Macys, JC Penneys, and other rich white girl stores
>Good fucking luck getting a job there with stable income and work any time other than Christmas
>Used to go down to Marion to go to my dad's house
>Marion mall is an absolute eyesore that refuses to die that has MAYBE three or four actual stores open and the rest are just caged off in this dark, pathetic hole in the wall

The 3 malls near me are still busy. The roseville galleria during xmas gets so bad, people call the cops Cus they can't get out.

Hundreds of Malls were built between several affluent neighborhoods to reach a broad base of customers. These affluent neighborhoods expererienced a demographic shift thanks to Section 8 voucher programs and campaigns to extend public transportation to and from them. This caused many of the original inhabitants to flee. The new residents began demanding and voting for ever more money for dem programs. Each of the neighborhoods began demanding a cut of the tax revenue from the retailers leasing storefronts at the mall, chasing the retailers out. Only those businesses that catered to the new clientele remained. For some reason, that was only foot lockers and baby clothes retailers. This was the death of the mall.

My childhood and my Teenage mal are now basically iraq

why does everybody keep saying niggers? i mean ive noticed my mall went from having 4 shoe stores to having about 13 shoe stores. but my personal reason for not going is because its hard to find work. and even when i do have money i perfer not spending 14 dollars on a bracelet. food court always packed though its the closest chic fil a and taco bell in my area

>tfw actually have a mall
>tfw it had a GOAT kid's part with Europe's largest indoor roller coaster (or something like that)
>tfw it was fucking magical
>tfw they pulled it down to put more stores in it
>tfw more than half the stores aren't even used because the rent on them is scandalous

Give it 5 year max before the whole building is closed.

I've still got some Burger King ones.