“The Constitution prevailed today,” Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson said in a statement...

“The Constitution prevailed today,” Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson said in a statement. “No one is above the law, not even the President.”

drumpf BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sz0KY-3PbQ
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38864253
cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/federal-judge-declines-to-renew-restraining-order-on-trump-travel-ban/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Ninth_Circuit
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1331
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/2201
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> says a judge who does not posses the jurisdiction to do that

lmao

their feelings and beliefs really blinds them to their better judgment, doesn't it?

As a Trans-Judge i unblock his blocking of the law.

Don't you guys have a law that allows the POTUS to block immigration from any nation for any reason?

Good luck enforcing this. Jackson 2.0 is upon us.

Trump's ban is void, and airlines are reinstating VISA as we type.

And on your beloved Fox News, they said it would take nearly a year for this to go to the Supreme Court.

That means that whoever wants to come into this country is allowed to and you can guarantee they will come en masse since a ban is on the table.

Not when it ties to religion, "the ban as illegal and unconstitutional, because it discriminates against people on the ground of their religion" was the justification.

>Don't you guys have a law that allows the POTUS to block immigration from any nation for any reason?

If you pretend it doesn't exist then maybe it will go away is there thought process apparently.

Actually you don't even watch Fox News.

Also, national security matters actually reach the supreme court quick.

So is the ban actually BTFO or is this more fake news?

>hurr durr id rather die virtual signaling than take some precautions.

why is america the most cucked nation on earth?

>when it ties to religion

I know you are trolling, but liberals actually unironically believe this, but plug there ears when told muslims can immigrate from any other non listed nation. Australia could have been on that list and they would still claim religion.

THREAD IS A CTR SHILL ONE. COME HERE FOR THE NOT KEKED VERSION

I'll quote a famous communist that once made a really good point: "Political power comes from the barrel of a gun."

Trump holds that gun, and he's not fucking around. Your move, shitlibs.

No its not CTR. DHS already said they're gonna ignore it.

Oh, it's nothing to do with Muslims then?

I wonder why I would've thought so?

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38864253

Probably means it'll be taken to the (((supreme court))). We'll see what happens.

"Mr. Marshall has made his decision. Now let him enforce it!"

>No one is above the law
is he the law? no

>Not when it ties to religion, "the ban as illegal and unconstitutional, because it discriminates against people on the ground of their religion" was the justification.
Literally false.
>I did not even read the text of the executive order

sage

Get out, David Brock

Except religion wasn't mentioned in the order at all.

Come on CREW step it up.

You are about to see what real fashism looks like.

>president doesn't have to be a law abiding citizen
ok

Im (share)blue dabadi dabba da dabba di dabba da

>No one is above the law
Says the ass who is ignoring the law that's been in place as voted on by Congress since 1952

LMAO the Whitehouse is pissed! They issued an inflammatory statement in response then a few minutes later issued a revised statement removing inflammatory word.

US Code 8 section 1182

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

This Federal judge absolutely has the authority under USC 28 to issue a nationwide order.

A federal judge in Boston just ruled differently

cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/federal-judge-declines-to-renew-restraining-order-on-trump-travel-ban/

Also, Seattle Judge belongs to the 9th circuit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Ninth_Circuit

>However, through 2008, the Ninth Circuit Court's rulings reviewed by the Supreme Court were affirmed only 20% of the time and reversed and or vacated 80% of the time; a rate substantially higher than the median reversal rate of 68.29% for the same period

It's like this: employera in at will state's can fire employees for any reason. However, there are other anti discrimination laws which forbid certain classes from being fired because of their class.

it's fucking constitutional

fuck these liberal hippy judges

You should read the Washington order. Legally the Whitehouse has to follow the order until appeal court decides constitutionality.

>This Federal judge absolutely has the authority under USC 28
You're going to have to quote a section. US Code Title 28 has 380 sections.

The judiciary cannot issue orders.

We have a split scotus. The Mass. order let the stay expire. The Washington order grants a stay. It's probably overrule the Mass. order.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1331

The judiciary can issue orders. Any single Federal judge, believe it or not, has the authority to issue a nationwide order.

This will be struck down very quickly

USC 28 2201a
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/2201

Want to go to the airport with me to pick up refugees?

>Obama consolidated too much power to Executive branch
>Make unconstitutional EO to get Dems to sue and spread it back
>Democratic first term President can't do anything to Arizona, NM & Texas enforcing immigration laws

Judge was an appointe of George W Bush.

This isn't left and right - These are the people who covertly subverted America that need to be run out and exterminated

>(((Bob Ferguson)))

>law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1331

>The district courts shall have original jurisdiction of all civil actions arising under the Constitution, laws, or treaties of the United States.

>Civil Action

>A lawsuit brought to enforce, redress, or protect rights of private litigants—the plaintiffs and the defendants—not a criminal proceeding.
His court has jurisdiction over civil actions. i.e. cases concerning Constitutional law. Nothing in that section provides the authority you previously claim concerning superseding or halting an Executive Order

>law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/2201

>(a) In a case of actual controversy within its jurisdiction

i.e. Civil Actions within the 9-th district and other such cases. They do not have jurisdiction over the entire country nor do that have jurisdiction to overrule Executive Orders without due process. He has to provide a clear and distinct conflict between the Executive Order as written and existing written law.

His ruling would only impact the 9th district (providing anyone within that district listens) until a higher appellate court affirmed his ruling. If his ruling is struck down, it's dead.

Congress can directly pass legislation to invalidate and Executive Order.

Constitution grants executive authority to issue orders. There's already established precedent for jurisdiction anyways. Texas halted Obama's immigration order. Remember that?

And I know that appeals court can decide on the ruling. It can also go all the way to the scotus.

These are just ways to try and kill more white people

>Constitution grants executive authority to issue orders.
Yes, EXECUTIVE authority.

Judicial orders are of willful compliance given that the Judiciary isn't in the direct chain of command in situations of conflict. Meaning they can't fire anyone for ignoring their declarations.

Congress becomes the middleman in such situations and would then decide which party is consistent with the constitution and/or what laws need to be amended/repealed or orders need to be rescinded.

The judicial order on its own isn't binding. And its scope and strength depend on the level of the appellate court that issued it.
The ruling of this one judge cannot impact anything outside of the 9th district until a higher court upholds it.

>Independent

Airlines do not have any rights to enstate visas.
This is done by the DHS and TSA
They operate under governmental order, which supercedes state law. A low level ruling does not work against governmental procedure which gets implemented by the executive.
There was no actual hearing.
It wasn't legitimate
Trump's DHS will continue to screen individuals or block them as they have the utmost authority when it comes to national security.

>bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38864253
>Muslim students on Trump ban: 'I don't belong here'

nice

Look it's not even worth arguing considering that immigration and border patrol is already following the federal judge's order. The judge acted within his authority like it or not. Trump can't just do whatever the fuck he wants.

Give it a few days, when this Seattle judge is told to fuck off by the other courts I'm sure we'll see a "Muh lady liberty is cryin'" article.

Yeah, i watch the briefing, only thing that has changed is that LPR are allowed in. Temp visa holders are still being turned away as i type this. i just got back from the airport 10 mins ago.

The ruling of this judge has the authority if the people follow it. The Whitehouse already issued a statement that says they are appealing, but Trump has to follow the court order or the AG in Washington will charge Trump with contempt and then we have a serious constitutional crises where the federal government issues it's own order to arrest the President.

Won't happen considering that the circuit courts are expecting to get an appeal case over the order.

>LPR are allowed in
didn't spicer already say this was happening?

yes

>leftists blowing their load this early and over minor shit

Fucking idiots don't know how to pick battles.

Have an old drug ad.

Unconstitutional

Refugees and immigrants do not fall under the jurisdiction of the constitution. It's only a temporary four month ban on 7 distinct countries.

sounds like you're mad that you got btfo dude. you sound like a muslim wtf

In this case, he pretty much can

See

Actually I'm doing OK. How are you? I'm not a Muslim, but maybe I could go pick up a few of them at the airport tonight.

LOL well if he can he's getting cucked because immigration and border patrol are obeying the judge kek. Judge > Trump. Rekt.

RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS RACISTS

Why does some cuck judge from Washington state get to make this call? Our system makes no fucking sense.

They can't do shit if they can't prove the EO is doing it for any other reason besides to benefit the nation's security and best interest. There's clear cut rules that say Trump was allowed to do this (not so much with the visas), so I don't see what leg they have to stand on here.

And the AG absolutely has the authority to stay his ruling for matters of national security.