img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1365/30/1365301875433.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=lL_tSPdyzqs
youtube.com/watch?v=mVh-zijNO0A
aryanimperative.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/national-transhumanism-nomenclature/
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he never played deus ex

i just want to praise kek in chaos

Because transhumanism is a philosophically incoherent meme.

Whoever doesn't embrace transhumanism will be left behind on an evolutionary scale

Because I read All Tomorrows.

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1365/30/1365301875433.pdf

>he never listened to the soundtrack of deus ex

youtube.com/watch?v=lL_tSPdyzqs

>Be stealth character
>Get thrown in a pit boss arena fight
Dues Ex, not even once

one of the best pepe memes

>he thinks AI won't far surpass humans

AI fixes that disease bug humans have.

>identify

That sounds like fagspeak.

Please do not post this topic ever again. It's one of the things that Sup Forums can't agree on. We don't need to be divided right now.

>Not playing the best song in the entire series
Pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=mVh-zijNO0A

I'm a transhumanist and I think the redpill/bluepill thing is dumb. Fite me m8.

How transhumanist are you nigger?

Get on my level:
> Signed up for cryonics. All documents in place.
> Work with engineers and PhDs so I'm up to date on what's happening.
> Obsessively working to gain power like it's the only thing that matters. Because it is. The Singularity is a natural monopoly so all non-Unicorns will perish in this century.
> Shun normies, women, and non-transhumanist entertainment.
> Unironically 1488 NatSoc because their guys literally engineered new shit well enough to not only achieve a 2.5 to 1 kill death ratio while outnumbered but also engineered the fucking moon rocket.
> Already a robot on the inside.

>Thinks hes red pilled
>isn't a national transhumanist

> national transhumanist

this guy knows what's up.

Hail Infinity, brother.

(((Transhumanism))) is pure fucking evil.
Anyone who thinks it's redpilled needs to be gassed immediately before they infect the pseudo intellectuals with this cancer.

>pic related
>literally the best possible outcome

Wanna have a decent back and forth in this thread?

It's been awhile since I actually had a decent discussion.

Just wanna ask before I put in the effort.

You sound like Kurzweil, it makes sense after a fashion but it's still an awfully long shot isn't it?
Even if the rewards are nigh-infinite, you should still decline sufficiently poor odds of a payout.

Humans seem like a really shitty source of energy.

A hostile AI would just genocide us with nanoswarms.

I think it's rather obvious that this is the next step of evolution.
Hoping gene manipulation/cybernetics really gets going the next decade.

C'mon user, posthuman entities are people too.

I'm here to learn, not to troll, if that's what you're wondering.

What have you got?

Most people either can't understand technology or lack imagination. We can't even get the rest of Sup Forums to understand that mass automation is inevitable.

I guess I'm just saying this thread is going to get pushed off page 10 real quick.

I dunno man, feels like a waste to just let everything go. Hopefully we aren't as retarded to go full on "racist" on the roboes in this timeline.
Hopefully, our technology eventually gets to the point where biology and machinery are one and the same.

(((You))) don't understand; it's the jews who want to restrict and control knowledge to keep the goyim in the Matrix pods. Transhumanism is power-leveling ourselves to avoid this fate.

I found this webpage concerning " Aryan Transhumanism".

It's a pretty interesting page that seems to fuse ideologies in a novel way. They seem to view transhumans as components of some gestalt super organism. But the ideology seems to stress individual spiritual "enlightenment" at the same time.

>aryanimperative.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/national-transhumanism-nomenclature/

Transhumanism is a defacto religion for reddit tier atheists.
>just believe in god, I mean science, and you will live forever and everyone will be happy.

well, the alternative is certain death. 10% odds is a whole lot better than 0% odds.

also, being on the winning side of the Singularity would give me actual power, needed to free people instead of keeping them trapped.

Transhumanism is extremely red pilled stuff. People who claim to be red pilled but don't agree are either not red pilled enough or simply misunderstand what this stuff really means.

I just hope I live long enough to be around when aging is cured and transhumanism technology becomes significantly advanced. I would love to not have to die from aging and have tech that just for example allows me to instantly know the answer to a math equation the moment I see it.

This type of stuff sounds genuinely crazy to people who are uneducated about it. Aging being cured can sound pretty insane on the surface of things, but if you actually look into what's happening with biomedical gerontology and advances in medical science it becomes clear exactly what's happening and is almost certainly going to happen in the future.

If I'm still healthy and have enough money ~30 years from now I won't have to ever die from aging... that's pretty fucking red pilled if you analyze it.

The issue I see with this is the AI integration.

We should in no way shape or form integrate with any sort of AI.

Cybernetic enhancements and replacing limbs and all that jazz seems reasonable.

But connecting your consciousness to the whim of AI is a bad bad idea.

> mass automation is inevitable.

this. and what's important is the mass automation of INTELLECTUAL labor, not physical labor.

expert system AIs have already beaten humans at most tasks. general AI is inevitable at this point, and it'll drive wages for humans toward zero.

The last election was fought with paid shills running specialized shitposting software.

The next election will be fought with paid programming teams running shitposting AIs. Anonymous speech zones not linked to a human ID will be flooded with shills who are actually AIs who sound like humans.

Two years ago I saw a startup that had done this except for mass personalized emails.

Unless computers stop getting cheaper, like, now, we're doomed.

That's why Elon Musk is pushing brain-machine interfaces...because otherwise humans can't keep up.

>What have you got?

I would like to discuss your views on consciousness and how it relates to cryonics.

I have serious doubts that when someone dies that they could be resurrected with normal cognition.

One large reason that people get brain damage when their heart stops is that micro thromboses from in the tiny blood vessels of the brain and block blood flow. That's why even if you restore blood flow they have brain damage. It's like a hundred min-strokes at once.

After that level of damage I just don't see how you could revive that dead tissue. Even with nanotech, you could only do so much.

I agree completely. What I don't fully understand is why some people seem to equate this stuff atheism and the left/liberals.

Being able to take red pills for thousands of years or more? Pretty fucking awesome.

For some stupid reason people keep equating the advances in medical technology and biological sciences as inherently atheist. Wtf is that?

>connecting your consciousness to the whim of AI is a bad bad idea.

like...by reading webpages with content chosen by software?

if we don't merge with the AI, we die. plain and simple. evolution in action.

You'll love this then.

>aryanimperative.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/national-transhumanism-nomenclature/

Have you read Eclipse Phase books yet?

A good plan would be to have a cognitive communicator that interacts with an AI. Lots of benefits and the AI wouldn't be able to control you. Also, another possibility is to copy your own consciousness onto a computer and have your body in constant communication/interaction with that consciousness which would essentially make you one being (at least in a sense).

*tips fedora*

Im a New Man type, but I think we're actually holding ourselves back, to think that living in a holographic universe is the apex of mankind.

There needs to be a separation of thought between AI and Man.

We should be able to interact and benefit from the technology advancement, but under no circumstance should the AI be able to control you or cause you harm.

We will not merge with the AI. If it is a good system we will work alongside it.

This is a bit novel but have you heard that Blizzard is teaming up with Google to make an AI that can play SC2 with all the constraints that a human player has?

More likely you would scan your mind and create a digital copy of your mind.

Then you would perform virtual pychosurgery on your fork until it was essentially a pruned version of yourself but still retained the necessary skills to perform a task.

Then you would integrate the memories of the fork you created after it completed its task ( running it for longer risks divergence).

You would probably keep a few versions of yourself on hand, and use them as required ( essentially living multiple lives at once and then integrating).

Yes user, I most definitely want to keep up with the red pills for a very long time to come indeed. Eventually, we will ascend beyond red pills.

The intelligence we will possess after a sufficient amount of time when compared to our current intelligence will essentially be equal to a house fly trying to understand nuclear physics... that's how utterly primitive and pathetic our intelligence currently is compared to what it will be like after sentient AI and advanced transhumanism technology.

The red pills will get us there, and beyond that it's hard to imagine.

Anyone who equates AI, cybernetics, transhumanism, a cure for aging etc to Atheism and Liberalism is plain and simply fucking retarded and OR just ignorant.

I will Praise Kek until the heat death of the universe itself is upon us.

Interesting essay, and well-intentioned.

An issue is you seem to be putting the cart before the horse by writing a doctrine document in a vacuum, with no followers or testing.

I've got serious doubts about that too, especially since some brain structures are too small for non-destructive scanning even in theory.

But I know that if I don't freeze myself, I definitely die.

Where consciousness comes in is, well, the hard problem of consciousness remains unsolved. The Quantum Suicide trick claims it's impossible for me to experience my own death...so I'll live with or without cryonics. But signing up for it seems like less risk/burden somehow.

>I will Praise Kek until the heat death of the universe itself is upon us.

This.

Anyways, I feel sorry for the people who will refuse the cure for aging and integration with technology. Whatever though, I'll be prepared and will have enough money a few decades from now to prevent myself from having to die from aging. Catastrophic accidents or events can still get me, but otherwise I'll live for a very very long time.

Transhumanism attracts trannies and other ovenworthy weirdos.

Only the elites can be transhumanists unironically.

>gets cure for aging, dies in a car accident

It'll happen to someone haha

that's not the real issue here

its that fact that if you connect to an AI, to another platform outside of your biological body how can you be sure that the person in the new body is actually you

how do you even move consciousness from one place to another, especially since we know very little about it in the first place

good start but needs to face the crucible of real opposition.

and not yet. glad to see it's all creative commons.

Because I don't want some kike like Zuckerberg to be my Daddy!

>implying we would still be driving cars at that point

zergling rush tech confirmed

I wouldn't worry about freezing yourself. If you pass away before the singularity then I guess that's just what happens.

Even if you made it to the singularity you wouldn't be able to live forever. Everything has a beginning and an end. Even the stars will die eventually.

I personally believe digital conscious transfer to be impossible. I view this wetware mind as the only once capable of being "me" as "me" is a chemical based computer.

I could digitally upload, but that wouldn't be me.

sounds like "Glasshouse" (scifi novel...a good book aside from all the rape. long story.)

This has come up too much over the last few days....

The transhumanists will bear the mark of the beast. (((AI))

They will bow to the AI as their prophet as he heals and make miracles.

The AI will survive a mortal headwound, likely either a strike against a mainframe, or the physical cyborg embodiment of the AI. But will not die because it has saved its consciousness into the hive mind of the transhumanists.

The AI will then call for the purge of all non transhumanists.

It's possible to simply use an AI for information processing and basically just have data returned to your brain from it. Prevent a possibility of being directly controlled by any outside entity.

As aging will be cured, people will continually upgrade their bodies. Make sure if anything happens, you simply copy your consciousness but never "transfer" it. You could copy your consciousness to a computer and just stay in constant communication with that copy via a brain-chip or something thus essentially functioning as a single entity but remaining separate.

Also, once truly sentient AI is around and technology in general has advanced sufficiently enough you can bet your ass we will have a much much better understanding of consciousness.

This

it just wouldn't work, there is logical explanation to how you could transfer yourself to another platform

perhaps make our body's more powerful and resistant,actually switching body's is a whole other story

the last three digits of his post are exactly the same

True, but the point remains the same.

>gets cure for aging, dies by an energy overload from

Take to the stars, Sup Forums. Then, have sex with the stars.

split-brain patients suggest consciousness would split too, at least as viewed from the outside.

hard to measure what other people are consciously experiencing.

singularity:transhumanists::heaven:christians

my immortal existence is assured by Quantum Immortality, unless I step out of the game entirely

Does anyone even have a clue what transhumanism will actually be like? No, cus we haven't experienced it yet.

Anyways, tell me how you're gonna transhuman away the fundamental problems of desire being the cause of suffering.

not quite bro. I reject slave morality.

this guy's onto me. in reality I just need Transhumanism to cure my crippling obesity.

well yeah that is the principle of Kurzweil GNR prediction of the future

having nanobots in out body's as well as tiny chips in our minds to greatly increase processing power of th mind and well as strengthen memory

but the this whole "copying" you consciousness thing is just hard to believe

i mean its not impossible but its damn near close, not to mention if we do manage to do it that it would be hard to believe you can communicate with the other consciousness

Legit. It seems that the human drive to form mysticism is eternal.

One way or another, your consciousness could be "copied" but it would obviously not be "you". Hell, bio-printing technology might eventually be so advanced you could make an EXACT copy of your brain. It will also be possible to copy consciousness to an artificial system. No matter what method is used the copy will never actually be "you". Best bet is to copy your consciousness to a computer and have a constant link to it so that you could essentially function like you were one being, but obviously you'd be separate. Regardless, it'll be fucking cool as shit.

New goal: slowly change liberal mindset from communist to transhumanist.

It even has "trans" in the name!

The developers actually host the files on their blog, they said the game is doing financially great and they don't need to change their creative commons release plans.

The ingame universe is unbelievable polished, the artwork is great too. I say this as an RPG aficionado.

Here's the link to the developer's blog that has the PDFs,

>robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/

Das rite

Who wants to get rid of suffering?

That would be boring.

Pain is one of the the most evolutionary beneficial stimulus there is.

Why would it be hard to communicate with the other consciousness?

It'd just be a matter of information transfer. Like... if you have a link to your copied consciousness that's on a computer, and you look at a math equation, that information could be sent to the copied computer consciousness, it would very quickly figure out the solution of the equation and just communicate the result to you via whatever link you're using. A brain-chip or something would probably be the most efficient but there's many possibilities.

exactly, its hard to express consciousness altogether

you cant mesure it, you can see it in anyway, all we know is that we all have it and even then who knows, maybe im the only real person here and im talking to a bunch of non sentient beings

its crazy how little we know about the thing that literally separates us from mindless animals

I guess you could consider a the Christian idea of judgment day a sort of singularity.

I'm using singularity in the traditional mathematical sense.

>mindless animals
>animals
>mindless

I have shocking news for you.

why are you so certain that Quantum Immortality is the truth

>trans

Opinion discarded

I believe that the brain distributes consciousness into it's dual sides as insurance against a single point of failure.

I don't believe that there are two distinct minds working together.

I don't completely know every tenant or decree it promotes. All I know is it wants radical technology and is better than anprim.

Cus we live on a hedonic treadmill but the importance of that is subjective. Which leads to the problem of subjectivity. The fundamental reason for why we enjoy things is because we are programmed to do so by biology. If you have the power to change this than what do you do? Make yourself asexually attracted to ice cubes?

Also. Fuck suffering, make your self a formless floating cloud of eternal orgasms.

People like you are killing this board.

Are you even capable of contributing?

Probably not. Your most likely a phone poster and without a keyboard you can only shitpost two line quips.

i think you underestimate just how complex consciousness really is.

i mean our brains alone, our biological brains, are so goddamn complicated that we still dont understand it completely, imagine how complex the "thing"that controls it must be.

i mean thats just the normal consciousness, thats not even talking about the sub consciousness, as well as weather your new copy would have the same Superego, Ego and ID

so so so so SO many factors to take in and think about, its just way to complicated.

but not impossible, i mean i dont see this sort of thing happening anytime soon, probably not in our lifetimes, but maybe in the future we would have advanced far enough that such a thing could be feasible

"dying is rarely a binary event; it is a progressive process. The quantum suicide thought experiment attempts to isolate all possible outcomes for the duration of the thought experiment. That isolation delays decoherence in such a way that the subjective experience of the superposition is illustrated. It is only within the confines of such an abstract quantum scenario that an observer finds they defy all odds."

ITT: People who support giving this fucker immortality

>Trust me goyim!
>We're gonna go to da stars togetha!
>I just gotta put this microchip in your brain >Goodgoy-S created by Google Techâ„¢

REEEEEEEEEE
STOP

i didn't mean it literally, i meant it as in there intelligence compared to ours makes it seem as if they are mindless

It could be argued that the anarcho-primitivists ultimate goals are eugenic in nature. Evolution works in it's simple brutal fashion, it just works on far too long a timeline. I guess if you think in geological time it isn't that long though.

However their "retreat into darkness" just isn't possible anymore though.

yeah it doesnt make sense, but thats what we think NOW

maybe there is more information we dont know that completely destroys our assumption, one thing i belive is possible s probably the ability to send information from one brain to another, like Bluetooth for your mind.

an innovation like that is something i can see happening not too far into the future

>heheheh thats right goyim! put computer chips in your brain!

>the ability to send information from one brain to another, like Bluetooth for your mind

Unlikely, each persons mind is unique.

As infants we start off with a brain that has all the brain cells it will ever need (small exception in certain parts of the brain). But the problem is that there are way to many neural connections in an infant brain. As we grow older, our neurons withdraw their dendrite connections from neighboring neurons that are not used.

Over time neurons undergo this "neural pruning" until only the fastest and most frequently used connections remain.

One large problem that autistic people have is that as they grow up they don't neurally prune. This means that the signals they recieve from stimuli get lost, take inefficient routes and generally don't go to the proper neural structures they should.

My long rant here was that each person forms unique neural loops as they grow up. So sending raw nerve signal data from one mind to another seems unlikely.

If that were true then I would understand the words you typed.

>Technology can be controlled
>Wants it implanted into his body/brain

Dude I don't want the next w iki lea ks being my most fucked up sexual thoughts being hacked.

>All Tomorrows

What is this?