Are we just going to ignore literal aliens dindu nuffin propaganda?

Are we just going to ignore literal aliens dindu nuffin propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igZi4iyJiq0
youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy9HeM8QQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought this movie was mediocre as shit. How in the fuck did it get so many award noms.

Interstellar was a fucking masterpiece compared to this.

>Arrival

Feminism the movie, oh shit my kid died of cancer and im the worlds best linguist, ayy lmaos land, i figure out the language of cthuthlu ayy lmaos with the help of hawkeye from the avengers PLOTTWIST ayylmao language rewrites your brain in such a way as that you perceive time differently so memories of dead kid is really just premonitions of future kid with hawkeye, ayylmaos leave.

FIN

After seeing the 8/10 and 9/10s for it and loving Interstellar so much, I was looking forward to this movie.

You summed it up pretty well honestly.

Agreed. Fucking shit movie with plot that doesn't make sense

Yeah, the whole movie revolves around this lonely spinster and the big takeaway at the end is buckle down and have babies.

Great feminist message, I love it!

interstellar with that power of love bullshit was dumber than arrival.

>aliens land on earth to learn people (a woman) a language that allows them to see the future

such high hopes for a new villeneuve movie but fuck man, was I let down

I just got around to watching it the night before last, and I really don't get the normie hype either. It's not like there was tons of virtue signaling stemming from race/religion/politics/etc; in fact I only remember a single instances of blatant virtue signaling, which was the scene where Adam's character says something to the effect of 'only stupid people watch that news network'.

Seemed like an average scifi film (with some terrible, terrible CGI coming from a major studio) written for people who aren't actually interested in scifi. No one delivered an outstanding performance, and the plot in the film wasn't that interesting after being beaten over the head with implications/foreshadowing of the use of a non-linear narrative (especially the blatant call forward of 'no beginning or no end' or whatever). Linguistics wasn't delved into deeply at all, aside from the misappropriation of a certain working model of linguistic thought, and physics wasn't touched at all. That said, it was an all around watchable, albeit milquetoast in all categories, film.

The real question is: Are we just going to let the cuck that adapted the short story (who only has laughable screenplay credits to his name previously) get away with implying that we live in a deterministic universe? He did that when the details of the weapon were revealed to the humans by the squids, if you don't remember.

haven't seen it but when I saw the promos my first thought was "fuck off space niggers we're full"
>loving Interstellar
you disgust me

I JUST WANT A GOOD FUCKING MOVIE ABOUT THE ACTUAL IMPLICATIONS OF ALIEN LIFE COMING TO EARTH

EVEN BETTER IF IT'S PRESENT DAY

>Political implications such as;
>Where it lands and whether this has an affect on who "represents" us
>How we interact with them
>How we communicate
>How the world might react and the turmoil such an event would cause worldwide

It's such an interesting subject but every single fucking ayy movie is either:

>LETS BLOW THEM BACK TO SPACE HOO RAH
>MAYBE WE WERE THE AYYS ALL ALONG
>THE AYYS TAUGHT US ABOUT OURSELVES IN A WAY NOBODY EVER COULD
>I AM A STRONG NOT WHITE MALE

I fucking hate it. Just give me a cool fucking aliens-come-to-earth movie that isn't necessarily full of fighting or 2deep4u nonsense. Christ.

>woman learns a language that makes her see the future
>she sees a future where she's succesful due to knowing this language and teaching it
>she doesn't know what the language does until an asian man tells her in the future that she called him years ago to change his mind and the the woman in the present calls the asian man because she's seen his number in the future on his cellphone so in the present she knew what the language but in the future she doesn't know that until the asian general tells her what happened.
>what this tells me is that she forgets what the language does soon after being shipped away and that she'll live her life only theorizing over the language up until the moment the general tells her about the phone call and it clicks and so a new circle starts again and the same things happen

>Are we just going to ignore literal aliens dindu nuffin propaganda?
Yes, don't ever post this shit again

>*Panting*
>So...
>*labored breathing *
>This ..
>*panting*
>Truly is...
>*struggling to breath*
>....
>*panting*
>The Arrival

here

with just a little bit less noticeable feminism

>highly advanced ayy lmaos arrive, fuck around with humans, then leave
>dindu propaganda

aliens need more foreskins. bow to your jew aliens.

space bean full of space beaners

>tfw our chinese overlords held a hard hand but turned out it to rational all along

thanks hollywood

You should watch it, it's pretty good. Most people in this thread are too braindead to understand a movie that left nothing up for interpretation and literally held your hand all the way through.

aliens are most definitely looking out for your interests. hand more liberties to the government.

>"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space"
>good movie
pick one

>tfw like invasion movies
>Hollywood is incapable of making any anymore

I thought 'love / care' was a chain reaction to sentimentality and aesthetics. Why would you care about an ugly person or a loud obnoxious person unless you can't let them go cause you're a parasitic person who can't stand isolation and needs to have demonic sex to have demon babies covered in blood.

Everyone already knows HollyJew were the invaders all along.

Interstellar had a couple of cool bits, but the rest was fucking retarded.
Things I thought were neato:

>The ocean planet with the fuckhuge waves
>The idea of time fuckery making all those messages and videos be missed as everyone on earth feels left behind
>The very end

other than that, eh.

>waa mommy don't want to see women or different races in movies, I'm so fragile ;________;

can someone photoshop this to look like Moonman?

I thought it is a prolife movie

>love is the 4th dimension
Get the fuck out of here.

you have demon babies because you love them. don't you know about the miracle of child birth.

>Interstellar was a fucking masterpiece compared to this.

You guys need to swallow the ascension pill already.

Though I didnt like the movie either. Could have showed alot more how they cracked the language, present some nice riddle/puzzle about it.
I like the idea of language changing your conciousness dimension, but I dislike the lack of suspension and lack of interaction with those aliens. So overall 4/10.
Could have been a short movie on itself.

Interstellar derves praise just for the docking scene.

the movie is basically the alien welfare state comes to earth and gives humans galactic food stamps (AT THE END OF THE MONTH THO) (3k years)

>ascension pill.
so overdose on heroin.

I honestly thought, movies that are considered criticallly far worse ie

Looper, edge of tomorrow, oblivion, interstellar, the martian, pacific rim and most other big scifi movies of the past 5 years featuring timetravel/ayylmaos/space etc were better.

What i cant decide on is which was the most overhyped out of gravity or arrival.

Neither were bad, but 8 oscar nods for arrival? they need to put down the crackpipe.

Its a 3/5 movie all day long, interstellar was probably a 3.5 or a 4/5

This director is doing the next blade runner for fucks sake...i was disapointed in arrival after sicario was pretty good. Id rather the fuckin tron legacy/oblivion guy did it, at least the visuals would be right.

Arrival seemed like a checklist

>dead kid emotion bulletpoint
>love story bulletpoint
>strong women character plotpoint
>military stupid plotpoint
>time travel hurr durr so deep plotpoint

Best thing about the movie was the cthuthlu ayy lmaos, at least it was more inspired than typical alien grays.

40K is a terrible shit

>DUDE WAR
>DUDE FANTASY TROPES...IN SPAAAACE
>DUDE EBIN 4 DA EMPHERA! XDDD
>DUDE FLOATING CATHEDRALS
>DUDE 5 TRILLION DEAD DAILY
>DUDE DEMANS
>LMAO

How people can enjoy this shit?

I wonder why Communists would give out food stamps to another species. really jogs your nogs.

that's the secret to movies. you're living it.

no, keep digging.
Rabbit hole goes much deeper. Drugs are just cheap tricks to temporarily skip your natural evolution.
Ascend by your own means.

I've been watching this movie yesterday in the evening. It's very impressive and unusual, I liked it. It's kosher.

>loving Interstellar
you're the reason there pretty much are no good science fiction movies
tear you balls away with your teeth

>kid still dies

Very accurate synopsis, I saw it last night.

I think everybody is really blowing the perceived feminist shit out of proportion. I was ready for a full blown cuckfest. It was a sci-fi chick flick, plain and simple. At the end, I said to my gf "well, that was pretty crap. Why the fuck would she have the kid if she knew it was gonna die? I'd dump her ass too". My gf responded "I dunno. It was alright, I kinda liked it" End of discussion.

ooh spooky holy ghost can't tell the mortals how to ascend. cause doing the correct thing would be highly valuable and guarded knowledge in our free and open society.

all of 40k is gay. the redeemable part is orks because they are a parody of 40k as a whole

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=igZi4iyJiq0

It's a bad film. The female protagonist is a total idiot.

40K gets a pass for being intentionally OTT.

The "lore" of the world, the people and the events is so ridiculously scaled and insane that it's supposed to be a wild ride dressed up as serious business.

Not much room for super deep themes or great stories but it's a neat setting.

pretty soon it will be
ALIEN Man SEX XXX the movie #181.

>I JUST WANT A GOOD FUCKING MOVIE ABOUT THE ACTUAL IMPLICATIONS OF ALIEN LIFE COMING TO EARTH

We all do.

We also want another Star Trek that isn't SJW faggot marxist propaganda.

The 80 year old Jews in Hollywood aren't getting it done, so it's time to outsource Jewwood.

>edge of tomorrow, oblivion, interstellar, the martian, pacific rim and most other big scifi movies of the past 5 years featuring timetravel/ayylmaos/space etc were better.

>Interstellar was a fucking masterpiece compared to this.
Are you implying interstellar was anything but complete garbage?
Arrival was probably a bigger disappointment though

What the FUCK happened to scifi?

>can't tell the mortals how to ascend
Just from watching a shitload of SG-1 reruns, I know you need to already know an ascended being to help you ascend, and to get ones attention you need a stargate and start pissing off a galaxy full of space jews.

>tfw this glut of space movies could have been good if it weren't for the cgi, the bleepbloop hollywood technology and shit actors saying "dammit" about everything, all breaking immersion
why do they do this shit?

I thought the ascending shit was stupid as fuck. Shoulda kept it more strictly an exploration/military show against the gouuld

if I shitpost about Cultists I will ascend the cult and leave this dimension I need a stupid star gate though. really deep plot.

they don't want to have fun and they rape children that's two things.

It was easy to understand. It just had a shit ending. When a child that isn't born yet will have a terminal disease, there are more options than having the child/not having the child.
She was a dumb bitch. She acts as if the future is set in stone when the film is about that it is not set in stone.

>Muh vagina Muh feelings I'll have have a retard baby anyway.

The new Independence Day was nice though.

You're just too dumb to understand it

It was if are massive PLEB

>the redeemable part is orks

>being this much of a heretic

Huh.

Hey look, it's another faggot who didn't understand a very basic movie. The entire movie revolved around GRAVITY being used for inter-dimensional communication. Love was used as a form of manipulation.

>The new Independence Day was nice though
lel

>woman as main character
>virgins at Sup Forums start crying and screeching

Surprise, faggots

the drug trade for curable diseases the man trade the other species trade the torture tourism. I can overlook all of that as long as I get some CANCER CALIFORNIAN MOVIES AHHHHH.

>DUDE HERSY LMAO
This what I am talking about
WH40k is reddit

Sup Forums is reddit cause /r/ the donald won't fucking leave.

>Sup Forums is reddit
there, fixed

>implying theres anything wrong with this movie
>implying if aliens vome to Earth we should attack them
How are you that fucking stupid?

the other sections have no active discussions besides jerking off to animated schoolgirls. at least we question our masters sometimes.

I thought ID2 was pretty bad. A 2/5 might be generous for it if i consider arrival a 3/5.

>implying they didn't come to harvest us.
Oy vey the holocaust.

>Yes goy, we come in peace, have our language.
>We will come for reparations in the future.
>Remember the people form Shoa are your friends.

oy vey as a 'totally definitely not an alien' I identify as an oppressed Jew and have plundered Earth which I rightly own thank you all for the Hanukkah's. I'm lighting my Menorah right now my SPACE MENORAHHH.

It's sad that one of the best sci fi movies in recent years was a marvel one.

>I can't enjoy movie because my meme political views
SAD!

Great movie that understands memetics and is built on the philosophies of the Rosicrucianism manifestos.

t. Sup Forums is full of retarded fags

>views.

Go on my dude tell me how you concluded that! im interested

>floating cathedrals
kek

>its another episode of making 2001 into sjw propaganda

>moving pictures can influence me if there are noises wah wah wah now after this movie my understanding of basic concepts has changed.
VeryDeepMovie.jpg

You need a punch in the bollocks an all for that. Arrival is intelligent sci fi, as in proper sci fi, Interstellar was complete nonsensical trash. I have said this before as everyone knows as time is a loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy9HeM8QQc

thanks th.oth

It was TV science from start to end. A really good show, trying to be realistic, but in the end, it was what it was. the best SCI-FI series in the world

2001 a space odyssey

Time is a loop?

Fuck off m8, i prescribe to the many worlds interpretation.

Multiverse or gtfo.

What about time being a conical projection?

we are in the dreams of higher beings maaan.

>hurrr if you dont like the movie and its obviously retarded aspects you just didn't understand it

didn't you watch the 2016 election?

uniting the world under a new living language . key component ofthe manifestos that was prophecied long ago. Artists and scientists from the order of the rosy cross (poe,shekespeare,coehlo, etc...) knew that language was more than just a way to express a fact, that it is a tool to program the human mind and contains more than words, but includes imagery, sounds, and even smells.

Interesting how nobody notice the biggest piece of propaganda: if you change the language you change reality which is pure postmodern load of crap.