Capital Punishment

1. violates the fundamental right to life and other recognised human rights

2. has no unique deterrent effect

3. is irreversible and admits no possibility of redemption or rehabilitation

4. the death penalty and executions are cruel, torturous and degrading

5. may be applied following miscarriages of justice

6. impedes a country’s ability to advocate for leniency for one’s own citizens

Execution by the State is a barbaric act that demeans the country that carries it out. America and Japan demean themselves on a daily basis by doing this. The above points are irrefutable.

Why do you not campaign to change your country amerifats?
Anime image related because Japan looks cute but is a murderous shithole

Other urls found in this thread:

amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bloodthirsty Sup Forums can't handle morality applied to the death penalty?

>1
Some people need the noose
>2
Source on this?
>3
Which is a possibility sometimes. Some people have asked to be executed.
>4
Opinion
>5
Reword this one please
>6
Has it?

You picked a shit gif from a shit show

>Some people need the noose
This is opinion. None of the ones I listed are opinion

amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence

Google if you are ignorant of something rather than claim I'm false

>reword
a miscarriage of justice is when something goes wrong - wrong person convicted, crime wasn't as bad as first thought etc

>gif

You got me
Regardless, I still support the death penalty. My opinion is that yes, some people can't be rehabilitated. I'd choose death over serving a life sentence. Some people think otherwise and are actively campaigning against it. Morally, an eye for an eye seems fair to me and I don't find the concept demeaning.

1) if there is a fundamental right to life. Abortion is murder.

2) because it isnt used often

3)so is life without parole.

4) so is the crimes they committed to deserve it

5)So is anyone who is punished for things they didnt do.

6) no it doesnt they dont have to use it. Its the most extreme punishment.

>1. violates the fundamental right to life and other recognised human rights
>human rights
boohoo a bunch of fat ass ((())) decided humans have a right to life. They also decided they have a right to internet access. That's basically the extent of your argument. Human rights were decided by humans. Unless God comes down and says he had enough human sacrifices, I won't stop.
>2. has no unique deterrent effect
why deterrent? It's cheaper to put a bullet in a criminal's head than take care of him for the rest of his life
>3. is irreversible and admits no possibility of redemption or rehabilitation
that's the point. Rehabilitation is expensive anyway.
>4. the death penalty and executions are cruel, torturous and degrading
how is get shot by a firing squad cruel and torturous?
>5. may be applied following miscarriages of justice
then your justice system is shit
>6. impedes a country’s ability to advocate for leniency for one’s own citizens
I don't care. Some criminals deserve to die.

It's not about redemption, rehabilitation, deterrence, etc.

It's about putting those sorry sons of a bitches in the ground for gangraping your daughter, or murdering your son.

It's justice, icy and warm and sweet. And I hope it never ends.

I never liked Kirino, what a bitch.

While 3 and 5 are valid points, the others are either unsupported claims or otherwise fundamentally wrong. If someone has committed a crime worthy of capital punishment, they've surrendered their own rights by violating those of others. If that were not the case, we couldn't jail anyone on the basis of violating their fundamental right to liberty. Also lethal injection is neither torturous nor cruel. Support your claims or fuck off.

would you be fine if we bombed poor countries to reduce the strain on the planets resources? if you are, i wont call you hypocrites

You can´t be against nazis and the death penalty at the same time. This is the "if you kill your enemies, you win" argument all over.

It´s not about deterring as a main reason, it´s about JUSTICE. You raped a young child? Death. You murdered someone? Death. You tried subverting the west into collapse so you could create your NWO? Death.

Murder is not = Kiling. Bible forbids MURDER, not killing, slaying or executing.

why the fuck are you bringing religion into this fellow sven?

It's just late-term abortion, except the fucker did something to deserve it.

Revenge isn't good.
Otherwise a few nukes should be dropped on the US.
Some Agent Orange.
The same bomb/capita as used in Cambodia etc

Read the thread and you will see that 2 is not unsupported or fundamentally wrong. Rather than say that the points are wrong, link to why they are wrong.

it does have a deterrent effect, no executed murderer has ever killed again.

>1. violates the fundamental right to life

Stopped there

Rights are given up after causing harm to others in proportion to the harm caused.

I'd cum inside this girl in particular.

CTR

You

Are

Scum

Burden of proof. Disproving your claims isn't my job.

>1. violates the fundamental right to life and other recognised human rights
Human rights are a meme

>2. has no unique deterrent effect
Spend 10 years in jail or die, I wonder what they'll choose. Also people like mafia men actually live a good life in jail, they couldn't care less about being sent to it.

>3. is irreversible and admits no possibility of redemption or rehabilitation
Rehabilitation has NEVER been the objective of imprisonment, it's a leftard fairytale and they're outraged that their fairytale doesn't match reality.
YOU GET SENT TO JAIL BECAUSE YOU NEED TO BE DISTANCED FROM NORMAL PEOPLE FAGGOT

>4. the death penalty and executions are cruel, torturous and degrading
They waste so much money to give the prisoners a civilized death.

>5. may be applied following miscarriages of justice
Fair although unlikely

>6. impedes a country’s ability to advocate for leniency for one’s own citizens
*one's own serial murderers

Because criminals still commit crime within the prison since we have to provide them with as much liberty within one so bleeding ass liberals like yourself won't moan about how we are denying criminals basic human rights.

>YOU NEED TO BE DISTANCED FROM NORMAL PEOPLE FAGGOT
Distanced until what, they are rehabilitated perhaps?

No, different duration of your stay is to differentiate between seriousness of the crime. Also the prison can't afford to keep everyone there forever.

And making the term shorter for good behaviour is done out of need for the last point and justified by the idea that you're not that bad of a person, putting effort into making the prisoners look better than they should makes it pointless as 99% of the time they remain the person they were before entering. This is how people get out of prison then new crimes.

then commit new crimes*

Spot on threads over