it was all a demonstration for the Soviets

Destroy nippon.

they were actually meant for you, thanks for being weak

something something unprovoked aggression against us and neighbours
something something comfort women
something something kamikazi pilots
something something didn't surrender after the first one
something something it prevented a ground invasion
something something the cities weren't that big and were important strategically
something something bombing civilians was going on in europe
something something the effects on nukes weren't 100% clear
something something japan has basically forgiven the us by now
something something etc

All our enemies do.

Read "Downfall: The End of the Imperial Japanese Empire" by Richard B. Frank

tl;dr - the Japanese were willing to continue to fight conventional war to the point of their extinction. they tried to assassinate their own god emperor when he gave indication that he might surrender. nothing short of atomic weapons was going to prevent an invasion of the Japanese home islands, the death of hundreds of thousands of allied troops, and the likely extinction of the Japanese race.

Japanese were bound by a misguided sense of honor to fight to the death. I don't think anything short of atomic bombs would have made them back down. That's a level of patriotism you'd only find in a handful of nations.

Back then: No
Now: Yes

truly nukes against zionists are justified

The nukes were overexaggereted
There were plenty of other instances during WWII were far more civilians were killed

But they made anime

>drop nukes
>radiation fucks with genetics of generations to come
>they start mass producing anime and waifus
all worked out pretty well, desu

>Japan would have fought to their complete deaths
>many didn't even believe the results of the 1st nuke

forgot about that
Japan might not have existed today

The nukes didn't even end the war, the Soviets' declaration of war did.
This also. Many of the Japanese cities that were firebombed conventionally were even more devastated than the nuked cities. The fact that their cities were being destroyed by one big bomb instead of a shitload of smaller ones was no big deal, to the point that the Japanese leaders decided it wasn't even worth meeting to discuss it.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9H6o83NUf4

Two wasn't enough

Deserve aint got nothing to do with it asClint would say. The Nips were victims of time and circumstance, the US demonstrated the bomb as much to the Soviets as to the Imperial leadership.

>drop nukes
>get anime
it was worth it

wow so humane
we should all just use WMDs to fight our wars

No.
They deserved three.

And we don't.

Thankfully the US seems to have gotten its fill of WMD's ever since dropping two.

Trump might change that, but Sup Forums would only have itself to blame for that.

No, noone deserves nuke because of what their government does

Jews did it because Hiroshima and Nagasaki were cities with the largest christian communities

>2 nukes result in anime
Would 2 more make it real?

Of course a Swiss would say that.

BUILD THE WALL
DROP THE NUKES
GRAB HER PUSSY

No.

You're not supposed to kill civilians just because you don't have the heart to finish the war.

Yes, Shintoism was the Islam of that era. They needed to be pounded so hard they would permanently lose faith in their religion.

>mountains are spirits
>so I will kill all infidels
????????

If Saddam would have nuked two US cities just at the onset of the Iraq war, killing lets say 200k people, causing the US to withdraw.

Would it be justified? Less people would die!

>nukers BTFO

Finishing the war the conventional way would have meant a land invasion and caused even more civilian casualties.

No, I would've tripled down.

Here's the artist of OP's picture.

pixiv.net/member.php?id=12875371

You need an account to see the lewds.

They didn't deserve it but the US either used them or would have taken massive casualties trying to take the Japanese mainland. Japan still didn't surrender after the first one was dropped and many leaders wanted to continue fighting even after the second. They would never have surrendered with the use of the bombs.

I believe I read somewhere that they could of just did conventional bombings and had the same destructive effect. Perhaps one bomb = that much destruction was part of the scare.

Supposedly it was also Russia declaring war on Japan that caused them to surrender, but I find that hard to believe. America had like what, 8ish more nukes in the works over the next 4 months? Japan would of surrendered via nukes anyways.

>don't have the heart to finish the war

Child

Thats war.

Collateral damage is different from outright nuking a civilian population.

fpbp

good to see not everybody is retarded here

In Shintoism the Japanese were the descendants of gods and the world was meant to be ruled by them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration

War has changed.

kekus

Yeah and you shall pay for it.

Yeah, because having a a North Japan possibly to this very day in the same way we have a North Korea isn't totally fucking retarded.

With two nukes they went from normal to this. Imagine what a third one could do.

If no one else had them and there was no chance of escalation, then yes it would be more humane.

Imagine if the US could've just nuked Japan on December 7, 1941 then told the rest of the Axis to sit the fuck down. Millions of lives saved.

You guys are doing a great job paying for us :)

Certainly not, but that's the price of not surrendering.

I'd say the japanese were very cool about it, I guess it's true what they say about their honor.

Unlike dindus who still complain about MUH SLAVERY, they moved on and barely even bitched about reparations.

NIPPON STRONK

Well, the US basically saved the entire Japanese race from starving to death after the war. They had food shortages for years and were only saved by massive American food aid.

Deserve? No. Necessary? Yes.

But it gave us 'Grave of the Fireflies' and i bawl like a liberal at trumps inauguration every single fucking time.

Make Anime Real?

Remember, modern two-stage weapons are far more powerful. The Hiroshima bomb was around 15kt, whereas the W88 used in the Trident D5 is 475kt, and the W87 on the Minuteman III is 300kt.

Japan was already preparing to surrender and the U.S. government knew it , they wanted to flex their muscles in front of the U.S.S.R. to dissuade them from advancing into Europe, taking all of Germany. that is the real story behind the nukes !

Whew! Good thing I have an account!

remember that the level of discussion in this thread is basically on the level of people who have learned about the pacific war from watching the History Channel and various John Wayne movies.
Thus Shinto=Islam and so the USA can't understand why they could "fix" Japan but not Iraq.

hint: the Japanese people have always been serfs and do what they are told, and they were told for example that their families would be shunned and maybe killed if they didn't agree to become kamikaze tokkotai pilots, and that the military leadership was the one willing to obliterate Japan and not the average peasant (who was anyway told that Americans would rape his family to death and eat his children alive if they reached Japan)
this isn't the same as a war in Europe, fighting the Americans was like fighting space aliens to the Japanese

>the japanese might not exist anymore
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

let me put it this way... if USA did not drop the nukes... we may not have nintendo or the age of waifu. and yes, I am aware that nintendo existed before WWII but the timeline would be changed considerably for them to exist as they do now.

Yes because now they export so much culture. Thanks to them I have found out that I am neither gay, bi, trans or gay - I am simply hopelessly animesexual. And they have taught me that being animesexual isn't something you need to be ashamed of.

Nope. But 2 was all we had at that moment.

Yes, because it created anime.

I think it was necessary, manu countries have nuclear weapons now. I believe seeing the absolute destruction they caused in Japan has deterred everyone from ever using them again. At this point, using one pretty much guarantees retaliation, and nobody wants a nuke hitting their country.

The alternative would have to let the USSR control the Korean Peninsula and Japan be split north south as Korea is in our current timeline, the US and the western world would have been on a much weaker footing, if the bombs weren't dropped post war. Japan surrendered to the US out of fear of Russia not because of bombs, bombs just gave them a sweet excuse to surrender, considering the Japanese mentality of the day was death before dishonour

>EVERYONE WATCH THIS !
youtube.com/watch?v=macaR0ZsxO0

Certain factions in the leadership wanted to surrender but only on the condition that the Emperor was saved; the US refused this on principle. Other factions tried to stop the surrender no matter what and even tried to assassinate the Emperor to prevent him from declaring the surrender.
but of course the real motivation for using the nukes was to scare Russia into not trying to seize any more territory

Well let's see.
Have we had another World War since that day?

There's your answer

Why are anti-nukefags always so forgetful? The Chinese were ready to cross the sea and 100% commited to systematically hunt down and kill every single last Jap they could find. The Soviet's wanted payback for the embaressing defeat Russo-Nip War and if a Jap ever wonders what that's like they only gotta look at North Korea or ask a former East German what that rapefulled foodless hell looks like.

This ain't out of bitterness towards Japan it's out of concern, they're better off. If you play out WWII 10 times I would say 7 out of 10 endings result in the extermination of the entire Japanese race. Japan itself was pushing for it by giving children and the elderly improvized knives and saying to just run at US troops when they showed up knowing they'd be gunned down. Japan is lucky to exist as anything other than an American colony/graveyard or as yet another half divided nation thanks to communism. Besides the occupation created anime and from that we got smug loli reaction pics. I would say it was all worth it.

I mean, the US conquered the shit out of where I live and slaughtered the ever loving fuck out of my ancestors. Sucks for them but now I don't have to live in a tent. Looking at it that way Japan got a good ass fucking deal and should appreciate it more.

We are having one right now

No, it was just America overreacting over pearl harbor.

two bombs weren't enough
anime is trash

Are kidding ? like at least 30 since then not one the same scale mind you .

it's not a question of whether they deserved it or not

The fact they havent so much as organized themselves to a point they would detonated a nuke in NY or washington in retaliation by now , like an islamic country would, pretty much say they have no honor.

They dont even organize themselves into militant groups and terrorize the zionists and force them off their clay.

As an American I'll be the first to tell you we don't have consistent opinions or long attention spans. We would have burned Iraq to the fucking ground in retaliation. Post 9/11 nuking cities in the Middle East at random was a mainstream opinion, imagine what two nukes would do to us.

It was a good thing America nuked Japan - the alternative was a land invasion, which would have resulted in thousands more casualties.

I never understood why Pearl Harbor in particular is such a sore spot for the US. Whenever something bad (tsunami etc.) happens in Japan to this day lots of people celebrate it as "payback for Pearl Harbor" as if the nukes weren't enough. Iirc the Japanese didn't even attack civilian targets like hospitals during it.

As for the nukes they certainly were overkill but it gave nuclear weapons the status of the ultimate deterrent which still works today, which I feel has been pretty important for peace. Nobody wants a nuclear war.

It was necessary, otherwise they wouldn't capitulate.

no.
the wrong side of history won the first and second world war anyway, just look to what the world became after the "good guys" won both. only a fool, that can't comprehend what those 2 world wars really meant, will say that it is good this way.

and don't even try to come back at me with the 6 gorillion, that shit never happened.

He did say World War, fuck leafs are blind, suppose you can't see through the foliage

yes

Yes they did.

No, they deserved atleast 4.

They deserved more