Steve Bannon's obsession with a dark theory of history

>President Trump's adviser, Steve Bannon, is on the cover of this week's Time magazine, and in the piece it is revealed that Bannon deeply believes in a theory about America's future laid out in a book called "The Fourth Turning: What Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny."

> In the book, authors William Strauss and Neil Howe theorize that the history of a people moves in 80-to-100 year cycles called "saecula." The idea goes back to the ancient Greeks, who believed that at a given saeculum's end, there would come "ekpyrosis," a cataclysmic event that destroys the old order and brings in a new one in a trial of fire.

>This era of change is known as the Fourth Turning, and Bannon, like Strauss and Howe, believes we are in the midst of one right now.

>According to the book, the last two Fourth Turnings that America experienced were the Civil War and the Reconstruction, and then the Great Depression and World War II. Before that, it was the Revolutionary War.

How fucked are we? Is Bannon right, or insane?

businessinsider.com/book-steve-bannon-is-obsessed-with-the-fourth-turning-2017-2

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ca1aRLes
cnn.com/2017/02/04/politics/mattis-iran-us-sanctions-missile/
youtube.com/watch?v=k3SLtP10NQ8&ebc=ANyPxKoGgUtHYc96qoj_pvTl3bcVehRVduKHYGxRUKFoUuodsLqP2qa0nwhKk6U3nYCuYVXRybDCI5NqW6PeKPgjfNSrQNxlrQ
jaymans.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/dark-times-ahead/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not a pastebin

Sage

just 4u
pastebin.com/ca1aRLes

The Phoenix will rise out of the ashes

I hope so. The post-WW2 era has been disastrous for America as a republic.

He's right, and you are not fucked, you are saved. I hope you guys get to have a race war soon because you need one badly.

but there are two options apparent:
1. fight china
2. fight islam

i will choose 2 over 1, but both options are shit and will destroy this country, the best thing would be to become isolationist for a while, right?

what do you think your country's role in this will be, dmitry?

In your Fourth Turning? Hopefully supporting the right wing or none. I hope we really do become allies soon so anything an ally would do.
I don't know American history well, but did the south and north have allies in the world during the civil war, or only the north?
I'm hoping we'll be supporting the extreme right like Putin does in Europe.
Also if you decide to destroy the fed govt and become independent states, we will support it for sure because it weakens you on the surface - I think however that it might help you a lot.

;)

Fourth Reich soon?

The British tried to send in supplies to the south. But thank God for Russia we made a deal and Russian ships were used to help embargo the south so they couldn't get the extra gear.

it might be our fourth turning, but it will greatly involve your country; like WW2 was our fourth turning, but 20 million soviets died, and the theory behind the fourth turnings says that each one is worse than the previous, so we both have the potential to get ultra fucked

in the american civil war, the south had the support of the native american tribes and some big countries that pretended to be neutral

>the best thing would be to become isolationist for a while

Probably yeah, but it's virtually impossible to do now. For one thing, post-war we've invested so many of our assets abroad, and intricated our economy in the post-war globalist order, that we quite literally have trillions of dollars at stake abroad. And secondly, and probably more burdensome, our post-war mentality has changed us forever. A good portion, perhaps even a strong majority, of the American public believes we should have our hands on levers across the world. They never knew an isolationist America. Our post-war character is our only character in their view.

Add to that the fact that mere four year presidential terms are simply not enough to achieve the gradual reversal of this process, and the rest of our political class being captured by elites who do not want it to be reversed, and you have a Sisyphean task that is virtually impossible to achieve.

It's a nice dream, I just don't see it coming to fruition. I think the best we can hope for under the current order is an American form of Euroskepticism, for lack of a better term. Keeping most of the world at arm's length but still pursuing our economic and security interests suddenly and sharply when needed. But even that seems virtually impossible.

We are like a man holding our finger in a dike that is tiring of the task, but afraid of what happens if we remove our finger.

he's right, the pendulum is swinging, you can't stop it, it's nature.
we can try to slow it down, but a collapse and a new beginning will come.
it has always been this way and will always be that way, it's natural law.

Steven Bannon is a Zionist lunatic who thinks we should have a holy Christian war in the middle east. He's out of his fucking mind.

What he's saying is actually very well documented

>pic sums it up

>"The Fourth Turning: What Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny."
tfw I had already been aware of the Strauss-Howe generational theory before I learned about Bannon

tfw Bannon is literally /my guy/

this is more than the pendulum swinging, there is shit brewing, anyway you look at it, it just happens that this time we are entering it with a right-wing administration

pic related

he made his kids switch school so that they wouldn't be around spoiled kikes

Crusades when?

Constantinople will be retaken.

What a time to be alive.

>he made his kids switch school so that they wouldn't be around spoiled kikes

And? Doesn't change the fact he's another kike puppet.

similar quote

captcha: ORANGE kaiser

There's a wonderful book titled 'Land of Promise' which bills itself as an economic history of the United States. It posits that technology drives economic change which in turn drives political change and that the glory of the American constitutional system is that it has remained flexible enough to accommodate the previous changes.
>Revolution to Civil War
>Reconstruction to the Great Depression
>New Deal....forward
Instead of being brought on by a calamitous event, this fourth 'America' is being brought on by globalization and all the forces associated with it. Our expectations of government and ourselves, how we view ourselves individually and collectively in the wider world will all be changing soon.

I'm not sure if it would help.

For the union to dissolve there would truly need to be a cataclysmic event. True bloodshed would need to flow on the streets of many American cities.

The people alive these days, that is, the people that inhabit most developed countries. They've forgotten the time when death was common. Death is an abstract to them. Brutal things are far away from most of us. Even if they are a few streets over, the average person won't see people shot and dead. Maybe once in the common persons life.

This is the struggle of modern society, the ability to affect the world around you is so limited to the average person, that disassociation is rampant.

For a revolution to happen would be such a shock to the average American citizen, they wouldn't know how to cope. Maybe not the average man, I believe there are still many men with the old instincts.

The worst we've seen in decades at home was 9/11. Only a few thousand died, and hysteria ensued. If there started be thousands and ten thousands dying a day. Shit will truly would need to hit the wall.

More likely, if anything sweeping reform could take place on a federal level. We've already seen that. But a true civil war followed by the abandonment of the constitution and a federal government. I think that could be almost the equivalent on a global scale to a nuclear war.

The power shift would be immense. And not in a good way. For anyone. We've only seen power vacuums on a country or regional scale before. Never a global scale. Europe, Russia, China, Japan, Korea. Australia, India, Brazil, and whatever remained of North America would end up having to decide who the new superpower was.

Now is definitely not the time to split up the states. We must project our power outward. Outward from the west, including Russia. As well as Outward from Earth. Fuck these issues that have been plaguing us for hundreds or thousands of years. We've been stuck on this planet for too long. Now is the time

>Steve "lets dig Azazel out of the canyon" Bannon

Steve knows whats up. If you are fucked by whats gonna happen, then you deserve it.

So the Pendulum book is actually correct..

Could just do ez mode and fight North Korea and Iran instead.

Implying Iran is easy when Russia could end up backing them. Or china.

Look at demographic projections

We already lost

All we are doing is delaying in inevitable

>everyone is ruled by joos, I'm so smart and ur dumb!!

You're not offering any alternative, just complaining like a petulant child.

We have Weather weapons dude. China thinks they stand a chance.

Fucking defeatist scum.

If you weren't a total newfag you'd know he's right. Lurk more, cunt.

that was possible when usa was 90% white, at 60% and falling shit is going to get hairy

Easier than the other options. But really, ask any Russian here if they think Putin will actually bother committing his country to ruinous military action and certain economic evisceration just to back up Iran of all places. Likewise for the Chinese, when there's no economic benefit to doing so.

Russia, Iran, and China will ally against the West if there is a coming war.

How do I make sure my family and I are safe?

Bannon is definitely /ourguy/, more than Trump even.

He's right, we've had such explosive growth since WW2 but it slowed down and the culture has become degenerate.

Like termites eating away at the foundation, everything is starting to buckle. We all hoped Trump could turn the tide and make things how they were in 50's murica. Not so sure it can be saved, Bannon probably realizes it's a sinking ship and wants to expedite the chaotic firestorm to hit the 'reset' button.

>Steve "lets dig Azazel out of the canyon" Bannon

monumentally underrated nickname for Bannon

Now that is some intelligent banter. Are you sure that you are Canadian?

the specific hot spots are
>middle east (also involves Russia and Israel)
>Korea (involves China and Russia)
>Baltics (involves Russia and Germany)
>south china sea (involves China and Russia)

as you can see, Russia is involved in every scenario

before entering a period of conflict you first have to get the confidence of the American people up, or else they won't support it, it's what FDR did before WW2 through bettering the quality of life ie. jobs, healthcare, tax reform, crime reform, etc. Then there will be more trust between the government and people, giving the government more freedom to start or enter a conflict.

data can change
build wall

war might get the birthrate up

Eco's Foucault's Pendulum is actually correct.

The world belongs to stories (and the men who believe them and have the power to enact them).

Ride the Kali Yuga, you faggots.

Start lifting, take an MMA class, and buy guns.

pretty much this

you can feel this has been coming for quite some time

our generation has never been tested, never had to prove themselves, done nothing of worth except generate narcissistic social media

Trump's election represented the remaining strong contingency of our society saying "hold on... we aren't ready to surrender to globalism, and forced mass immigration, demographic warfare, and ethnocide, and institutionalized cultural marxism."

that's why the post election atmosphere is so tense

(((they))) wanted it, we didn't let them have it in the polling booth

so they will bring the struggle into the streets

bring it

I think this user, Said it well.

To both of you I say, posturing in the modern age is almost equivalent to war in an age when war is seldom declared.

I don't think china and Russia would commit to all out war /for/ Iran. The situation surrounding the war though, could lead countries to see an opportunity to go for their own regional interests.

I believe that the average Russian is ready to be buds with the u.s. China on the other hand. I know we could war it out with them. Probably win if it wasn't a world war. But I wish I knew how we could ally them diplomatically.

Bannon is the most redpilled person to ever get that close to the Oval Office

And it looks like Trump values his opinion highly

As the article noted, Bannon has walk-in privileges to the Oval Office, and is the only person who dares show up not wearing a full suit

we got lucky /pol

if your right, i hope trump annexes canada and Justin Trudeau and Kathleen Wynne end up getting lynched by angry mods in the streets.

>mods

>get your ban-hammers and smash some skulls

Easier said, to bring violence to the streets, than done. Mass mobilization of americansociety across the country these days would take some real doing. To get them to be openly murderous takes even more.

woo scott dilbert nailed this one

All focus will be in the Pacific. We will have a series of "Sino-American" wars over the next century. Each chapter ending with one side finding a way to save face, rebuilding themselves stronger than before (particularity China), and repeating the process.

you heard it here first

history is wack yo

>unpopular war on foreign soil (Vietnam/Iraq)
>unpopular Republican president (Nixon/Bush)
>followed by two terms of well-meaning but ultimately ineffectual Democrats (Ford&Carter/Obama)
>accompanied by rise of radical liberalism (Black Panthers/BLM, Womens Lib/3rd Wave Feminism etc.)
>followed by Republican celebrity who was at that time the oldest president in history and who united the country, reformed two-party politics and benefited the world (Reagan/Trump)

Not if we had a clear objective of destroy the Chinese Communist party in sino-American war 1

Glenn Beck mentioned this book as well on Dave Rubin's show this week. Is Glenn Beck really Steve Bannon?

2nd Age soon?

/pol

Redpill me on Bannon's influence in Trump's administration.

He's Putin in disguise, that should be all you need to know

he's literally putin

Bannon is a meme.

what is your point? Trump is a meme too

How come Drumpf never really introduced us to Steve Bannon? Really makes me think

Bannon is playing the bad guy

yall are too low IQ to get what the geniuses are doing

I cant believe you americans think a war with iran is a viable idea. they are not your enemy, they are israels enemy, the fucking house of saud is what needs taken down, besides the iranians are very nationalistic, a war there would be worse than vietnam, it wouldnt be a cake walk like iraq

Do explain

>implying we think that
everyone on Sup Forums knows the iranians are the only ones who don't submit to the kikes or saudis, but out government is full of neocons who don't care

Trump is setting everything up exactly like pro wrestling. Trump is the heel, he is using the media as "the establishment" aka Vince Mcmahon, and Bannon is Trump's Manager.

Everything is working exactly how they want and everyone is too stupid to realize this. If someone payed me lots of money I would break it all down.

Bannon is a patriot and he channels the same temporal energy that makes Sup Forums always right

Why do you think we're going to war with Iran? Trump just playin 4d chess

the warhawks in this country need to be satiated. it will never be saudi arabia so Iran it is

It was supposed to be my turn.

>Is Bannon right
not at all. It's absurd.

what the world needs, is not a trial by fire, but a liberal eugenics movement.

Where did they send Mattis?

They don't care about Iran.

Revelations are here and collective consciousness is upon the human race

We can "feel" each other but don't know exactly why yet. Science will be seeing new discoveries that turn the world upside down.

It's a bright future

Bannon is Stone Cold

We should take over Canada and South America create a super defense system and then truly make America great again

To everyone saying there won't be Russian support, consider that they went into Syria just to block a future invasion on Iran.

Read up on Alexander Dugin and the Foundations of Geopolitics, Iran is the cornerstone in Russia's plans.

mattis literally JUST declared iran as the "biggest state sponsor of terrorism"

cnn.com/2017/02/04/politics/mattis-iran-us-sanctions-missile/

(((they))) care about Iran, and (((they))) want you to fight them. wether ye do or not, will show if trump is their their pocket or not i think

Since pol is redpilled. Is there nothing we can do to stop this?

Yeah so what? He still traveled to Asia instead.

They can talk tough on Iran so they do.

America doesn't need a race war. Black s make up 10-15% of the population and latinos 25-30%. So you see, niggers are not in large numbers and latinos are pretty much a discreet group, the problem is the jews agitating those two groups against white people.

civilization is cyclical and there are clear cut patterns to be drawn from studying history. empires rise and fall for a lot of the same reasons.

those recurring memes jews use to justify their focus and obsession with the holocaust:

"never forget"
and
"those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"

are both very true statements when applied to all history. The more you learn and know about what has happened in the past and what actions caused specific events, the more base cases you have for estimating the outcomes of current events.

its not a fucking 'dark theory' it is applied historical data.

>dark theory of history
>meanwhile blacks can believe WE WUZ KANGS without anyone opposing them

We need an intellectual vs retard war. Sub 130 iq has to go.

spead danks memes, but this will probably not deflect long range ballistic missles

He reminds me somehow at Plutarch Heavensbee.

> The Fourth Turning: What Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny.

Next book for the Sup Forums book Club?

it will come down to the dumb as fuck iranians not taking the bait thrown at them, so far it isn't working since they broke the sanctions and held a military exercise today and said they will launch missiles at us if we give them reason to

I am but a simple wagecuck in his mid twenties who spends his free time playing Vidya and watching anime. While I attended college for a couple years, I do not consider myself particularly well studied or in possession of any useful skills.

How can someone like me prepare so that I can survive, and possibly thrive a fourth turning and the world that follows?

China will remain a global force against progress as long as they can maintain their economy based on slave labor and putting lead in everything.

By progress I mean actual progress, not the left's bastardized version of it.

War with china is both necessary and inevitable as they will not change their ways peacefully.

start lifting weights

the Iranians are not stupid, they are calling your bluff to see how far your willing to push it, As for launchin misslles at america are you mad, they dont have that ability and even if they did they wouldnt do it, they may chuck a few at the heebs though

Well, Bannon is right honestly. History repeats itself, society always gets arrogant and forgets about the past.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3SLtP10NQ8&ebc=ANyPxKoGgUtHYc96qoj_pvTl3bcVehRVduKHYGxRUKFoUuodsLqP2qa0nwhKk6U3nYCuYVXRybDCI5NqW6PeKPgjfNSrQNxlrQ

We're all going to experience a financial meltdown and a huge war whether we like it or not. It's an inevitability at this point. People keep saying Bannon is evil, but it's the only way for society to change for the better. Many of us younger people are going to be the "Forgotten Man". Better to just embrace it and prepare yourself for the hard times ahead instead of fearing it. Those of us that survive will come out stronger because of it.

Well after Andrew Jackson killed off the Bank of the United states (that time period's Rothschild controlled version of the fed) The Rothschilds looked for a way to fuck with the USA, and during the civil war backed the South, and tried to get Britian (where they had the most power) to back the South. Russia also did not have a central bank, and the czars did not want one because they understood it meant Russia would be another tool of the Rothschilds, so Russia backed the union and told the other European powers of they backed the south they would face war with Russia as well. Ultimately the union was preserved, and the USA and Russia were very friendly until Woodrow Wilson created the fed, and Bolshevik Jews took over Russia and handed it over to the Rothschilds as well.

Now Putin has thrown off the yoke of the Rotschilds, and they fear they will lose the USA again as well. This is why there is so much effort by ((them)) to instigate conflict between our countries. If we were once again to join forces, there is nothing they could do to stop our combined power from routing them once and for all.

I don't think you can prepare much aside from making yourself knowledgeable and strong on many levels because of the unpredictability of how the turning will manifest itself.

The 3 happenings that OP mentioned all had different causes and ensuing aftermaths.

Tim from Bayreuth?

trump need to unite the anglosphere and turn into a global american empire

jaymans.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/dark-times-ahead/

this right here is the answer, as long as we get in also

We have just as much right to be there as America since we both fought for independence.