How can the Republican Party redeem itself?

The only reason it isn't crashing and burning right now and following a similar path as the Democrats' internal conflict is because Trump's victory bought them time. Time, I fear, they're not using to get their shit together, and instead pissing about.

How can the Republican Party redeem itself? It might never recapture it's old strengths-----but surely it can rebuild itself into something new.

Other urls found in this thread:

freebeacon.com/politics/trump-republican-party-not-called-conservative-party/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The only reason it isn't crashing and burning right now and following a similar path as the Democrats' internal conflict is because Trump's victory bought them time.
>The only reason it isn't failing right now if because it isn't failing right now.
You are stupid and should feel bad.

by removing degeneracy

Dems are literally doing what Repubs were doing over the last decade, only a bit more extreme.

Fuck off, this is the strongest we've been since the early 2000s

The entire country is red. How the fuck do you justify this crashing bullshit?

Trump is an ideological lightning rod - the democrats worst fears. He made no deals to get into office and owes no one anything. He is free execute policy with impunity. The republicans that are in trouble are the ones who DON'T play ball. The Tea Party has trumps back and the factions with conservatism are unifying under his banner. Guys like McCain are going to stand out if they back down now, everyone knows they have a winning hand and won't tolerate dissent from within.

What are you stupid? They did redeem themselves. This is it. The last 10 years was the Republican party crashing and burning and now it has been reborn.

Throw out the Neo Cons, become a small government party again.

Pic related.

the republican party has reformed under Trump to end wage slavery

this

This type of over confidence has fucked over the Right Wing before, badly. The fact that the entire party relied on one man to bring it back from the edge, and immediately goes back into their old routines-------it won't be long before it faces irrelevance or is devoured by a resurgent left.

Why they're not trying to rebrand and become a less shitty version of their previous incarnations is beyond me.

>he made no deals to get into office

except with russia

>small government
>wants to trample states' rights when it comes to enforcing immigration
>wants a massive military
>wants weed to stay illegal at the federal level and stronger enforcement of the CSA
>wants to trample separation of church and state with muh religious right pandering
>wants to gut planned parenthood
>more niggers and poor degenerates will be born due to lack of affordable contraception and abortion
>crime rates go up
>more people will have to pay for attorneys
>more taxes to pay for public defenders
>more taxes to fund the criminal justice system
>more need for welfare cause young single moms can't afford to raise so many kids
>if you do anything people will resort to the big government types again

Also >again

The GOPie has literally never been small government outside of the Cooldige era. Prove me wrong.

Trump: This Is the Republican Party, It’s Not Called the Conservative Party

freebeacon.com/politics/trump-republican-party-not-called-conservative-party/

this is literally the most power republicans have held in government since 1928

*don't do anything

*dont do anything that goes against their own stated maxim of """""small""""" gobermint.

The problem is the same for both parties. They both need to split into a Wall St. Anti-American Globalist wing, and a populist actually stands for something wing.

And then what we do is round up everybody from the globalist wings and put them on trial for sedition.

He does have very good point
As says, right now, it's literally the Trump party, he's single-handedly taken the rein and revigorated what was basically becoming a sclerotic pile of morons

And says it as it is: as soon as Trump will be gone, the party will fall back into its routine and will lose any momentum it had

Case in point, the GOP base sucks. The reason liberals have managed to stay relevant during the past decades is because they have highly educated and intelligent people as one of their pillars. A lot of scientists are voting democrats, and it gives the party a massive boost in legitimacy

With the current chaos in left-wing ideology, it would be an absolutely great move to manage to rebrand the republicans as the party of science and education. Tradesmen and businessmen only get you so far in terms of innovation and vision

demographics are going to kill it anyway. so be prepared to completely renounce your values and adopt new ones.

Yep

Reps are a bunch of corporatist hypocrites. They want bigger government than the Democrats and at least the Dems are more honest about acknowledging how they want the government to be bigger. Democrats need to get rid of the SJW leadership like Liz Warren, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck (((Schumer))) and we could easily infiltrate it and make it Sup Forums: The Party.

As a scientist, let me tell you that a lot of those scientists are really fucking stupid about politics. They're good within their particular fields, but a lot of them fall prey to cultism just as any other kind of human typically does.

2001*

parties are nothing more than political affiliation these days. I say abolish them entirely, it forces people to be smart too since they'd have to actually learn about voting for the person they're voting for instead of just faithlessly electing based on color spectrum

>they aren't democrats

done

bans can't stop basic human behaviour. humans are social animals, we associate with each other. you'll just have slightly more secret pacts instead of open ones

As a scientist, I wholeheartedly agree with you
They're good, generous people, but they are fairly clueless about how societies and nations work
But if you keep climate change denial and theogonic rethoric in your ranks, reps are depriving themselves of a powerful and influential ally

I really wish that shift could happen. It would send mankind to a golden age, for real

>it forces people to be smart
lol

it'll be about how much the like the candidate. issues were a mistake.

>resurgent left

By that logic no party can actually die. Because the left is fucking dead in the water.

You'd have to amend the Constitution to ban them. Parties are constitutional as they are a way of assembly which is a freedom given by the first amendment. Because there's nothing in the Constitution about parties, the government can' trust pass a law banning them or shut them down as they are not public entities, they're all private actually.

>Immigration
>States right

What are sanctuary cities and those that refused to become them? Fucking retard.

The states don't have to enforce federal laws at all if they don't want to. See Printz V. United States. Immigration is a federal responsibility and as such should be enforced by federal authorities. The states don't in any way have to assist the feds either but they can't hinder federal efforts or nullify federal laws within their border, but just not doing anything about it weakens the enforcement. Colorado doesn't enforce federal marijuana laws anymore and it's fine legally.

See: Principles of '98.

The climate stuff is a particularly interesting case because it seems the common failure mode is to forget the connection between climate science and politics. Or even the choice of language to say "climate change denial" or something like that, which, science knows, is a contrived and biased label meant to demean the opposition instead of having any kind of proper rational scientific process.

Worse, I would imagine most of the so-called scientists who get paid to prove climate change would rather see its political ends (e.g. global government) anyway, which is a bias irrelevant to the question of why and how things are changing, what the implications might be, and what as a result might be worth adjusting for.

As I said, a man can dream
People like you belong to the democrats

I don't belong to anyone really. I registered as a democrat when I turned 18 because I grew up around democrats, but switched to an independent after my first time voting because it became apparent that both parties were full of shit.

But I have come to think that one of the most unfortunate consequences of our current two-party system is that it forces us to define ourselves by relatively petty differences rather than focusing on things the majority of people agree on. This is supposed to be in large part a country where different people can do things differently but still get along, provided we all play by some common set of ground rules.