Why do young folk like city living so much

Why do young folk like city living so much

Young folk here, I do not like the city living.
I like quiet and peace when I sleep, also don't like traffic.

I like the hum of it and architecture there, not much else

I can't afford a car and that only works in a city.

I like both city and rural living, even if they are polar opposites. There's just so many good things about each one you don't get with the other.

I hate suburban living because it's the worst of both worlds with none of the advantages.

Close proximity aids in sexual debauchery

Moved into NYC 5 years ago.
Now I thoroughly hate this god forsaken hellhole of a shithole.
Somebody get me out of here plz

People like to be where the action is, so to speak. Closer to work, so you don't have to spend an hour in traffic or three on public transportation. Close to the best shops and restaurants and whatever other more degenerate places people tend to hang out at.

Looking out at the city lights at night in certain densely packed cities has that sort of comfy cyberpunk feel to it.

Ever tried living in a vibrant and multicultural city like Toronto? It is a paradise, the nightlife and restaurants are top notch.

now that I can get anything I want delivered to my front door, I don't like cities at all.

You could afford a car by not having to pay rent/buy house in city where everything costs 5 times more

Lived downtown toronto for over a decade. Time to leave this shit hole.

Would still have to have money for the car.

Brampton checking in

I lived in Toronto. I even had an unobstructed view of the CN Tower.

It's overrated unless you're wealthy because you're going to be living in a shithole. While I agree the food is good, it's also bitterly cold and snowy in the winter so it's a real chore to actually go out most nights.

t. Paki.

I'm white dickface

You can have your nightlife and restaurants faggot, I'll take what toronto was like 20 years ago instead.

cities, despite the obvious problems with traffic, pollution and crowdedness, are the most efficient way to live. Your tiny-ass apartment is cheaper than a house, your trip to any restaurant is very short, often within walking distance, and it's an environment where having a car is completely optional, so you can potentially save money there.

>I like the hum of it
>braapton

Higher chances of meeting an attractive person who will like you.

If you grow up in Shitcan, Oklahoma, there are 3 hot girls in the entire town and they got married and impregnated senior year by Chad.

Because movies just offer a really romantic view of city life. In movies, the characters live in really nice apartments with stunning views of downtown, and they go out drinking and dancing and having romantic moments under the city lights. Young people like it when their surroundings are buzzing with life and they feel really "in the mix" of what's happening.

Because that's where all the technology is, duh.

Unfortunately that attracts both the brightest minds and the dullards. It's a double edged sword.

i tried it and didn't like it. expensive, hyper competitive, overcrowding turns everyone into anti social narcissists, nobody gives a shit about anyone, dangerous.

it was just too stressful maybe if you had a high paying job and could afford to live lavish in a city it'd be better. i was low man on the totem pole making barely enough to afford living, being surrounded by assholes who're just as stressed as you. fuck city living it's a true version of sodom and gommhera or w/e that biblical story is.

affording any kind of car is easy as fuck, you can get one for 1000 bucks, and in burgestan you don't even pay much for the gas.

Cause I like drugs, drinking, pussy, decent food, and money.

These things are in abundance in cities.

First off I was born in a 80k people shithole, so just the sheer size of big cities attract me.

I also like that you can go to so many different places, plus in big cities you can find everything

I've lived here for 20 years, wasnt that much different desu. Less condos, maybe a bit less asians and muds.

not really it's entirely relative. ya more money in city but way higher cost of living.

hell the town i'm in i make 10/hr which in the city i was wouldn't be shit definitely not enough to live independently but in a smaller community this money goes a long way.

Depends, fuck trendy cities like San Francisco and NYC. Those are for immigrants, homeless people, high paying jobs, and trust fund hipsters.

I live in Houston, where it's pretty cheap, good job market, and shit that makes cities worth living in.

Only thing that sucks is traffic. Crime isn't even that bad.

City's are over rated for attention seekers and people with short attention spans.

Pollution noise depressing places.

Small villages is were it is at fresh air grow your own veg fruit

City's are for vist's not for liveing life

I live in Houston. It's the 4th largest city and not expensive at all, with a great job market. Cities like NYC and San Francisco are shitholes, but I guess that's what people think of when they think of cities.

It's the only place where they can get away from rural and suburban retards.

City living is how one graduates suburbia, rural living is how one graduates the city.

I was born and raised in NYC. I'm sick of this city though, it's fucking horrible.

What cities do fellow burgers recommend though?

My car cost 2 months rent in a shitty apartment, what are you on? As long as you know a thing or two you can get something reliable for dirt cheap. If you like living in the city that's fine but don't make dumb shitty excuses for it.

Degenerate wastrel.

Cheyenne, WY sounds about right for you.

why are leafs such cancers

Why does Cartoon Network have their own tower in Toronto?

Skanks and aids

The tradeoff is that instead of having to deal with retarded soccer moms, you get marxists and SJW's instead.

i've lived in cities (nyc), rural (upstate new york and tennessee), suburban (long island). the best is salt lake city

Jew Yorker here, I just like it better. I especially like the gotham aesthetic NYC and Chicago have. Not to say I hate rural living but I just prefer the hustle and bustle of the city. It's also much more convenient than when I lived with my parents on their farm; I just have to walk up the street to find a grocery store, my bank, a pharmacy, ect. There are obvious problems with living here but I don't mind them much. I also own my apartment so I don't actually have to worry much about rent.

City living has:
- entertainment
- places to socialize
- nice jobs
- sex with humans

Rural living has:
- sex with sheep

Liberal as it may be, I've lived one denver for 5 years now (not a Californian transplant, I promise) and I love it.

I want to get back to living in the mountains one day, but I enjoy myself here too.

Crime isn't bad, the city is well taken care of in terms of cleanliness, and the people are relatively friendly (if a bit liberal for my tastes, but that's all major cities). The only two major problems are cost of living (I'm fortunate enough to make enough to live in a good part of town and be able to save money), and homelessness has shot up in the last 3-4 years thanks to dude weed lmao. I bet that changes as more states legalize it, though.

>t.Hilldawg

>I also own my apartment
You own nothing. You are entitled to an ephemeral segment of air.

Get back to us when you've got some acreage.

Large service industry. Means plenty of entry level jobs and service providers to do all the shit their parents used to do for them - except for money.

My parents will likely leave me their plot when they pass.

I like the sensory simulation and exploring. I like looking at things. Buildings, infrastructure, historic architecture. Cities have a certain character and atmosphere.

A countryside view and fresh air is nice but I get bored of it after a little while.

What the fuck are you talking about?
$4000 for a piece of shit.
$12,000 for decent.
$40,000 for a nice one.

I live just off mainstreet in Hamilton and it is just as quiet as when I lived on a farm.

Loud urban areas are a MYTH

This is true. My experience living in zone 2 of London was extremely peaceful.

Living in a city works if you are rich.

Being poor in a city is suicide-tier.

All the gays move to the cities. As a faggot I wanna meet other faggots. It's a numbers game.

LIVING IN THE CITY!!! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE!!! LIVING IN THE CITY, YOU'VE GOTTA TO KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!

I don't fucking know. The only time I want to be in a city is either commuting to work, shop for rare shit, or go see a museum. To actually live there seems like hell.

I've lived in the suburbs all my life and it's pretty comfy. I'd move to the country if there were fucking jobs and internet.

Same here. Dads cheering on their kids during baseball games are the loudest things in my area in the summer and spring. Although that has more to do with which part of the city I live.

Houston rocks!

Women, Restaurants, Career opportunity

t. lived in NYC in my 20's

What a dump. The city center is just a few blocks wide and then you are surrounded by poverty stricken suburbs within walking distance of downtown. The whole place feels abandoned.

This right here epitomizes the real tragedy of our generation

You are an inexperienced car buyer. You can buy a car that passes inspection and emissions for 1000 easily

>rural and suburban retards will never enjoy this view
Also I'm high energy and so are cities

Yeah, that will break down with something serious like a fucked up transmission, or a blown head gasket within 6mons of your retarded purchase. Good luck with that.

What? I'm happy living where I am and I have a good relationship with my parents.